• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Pokemon shower thought...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
Mew is the only other Pokemon besides Ditto that can transform.

Which means Mew could transform into a Ditto, and vice versa.

This effectively blurs the line between the two.

How do we know if we’re dealing with a Mew pretending to be a Ditto, or a Ditto pretending to be a Mew?

How do they know which one they are?

In effect, Mew and Ditto are basically one and the same.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Mew is the only other Pokemon besides Ditto that can transform.

Which means Mew could transform into a Ditto, and vice versa.

This effectively blurs the line between the two.

How do we know if we’re dealing with a Mew pretending to be a Ditto, or a Ditto pretending to be a Mew?

How do they know which one they are?

In effect, Mew and Ditto are basically one and the same.
Isn't there this theory out there that Dittos are failed Mew clones or something?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The existence of Elgyem/Clefairy/Staryu and their evolutions suggest that there’s planets out there with extraterrestrial Pokémon which begs the question of is there Legendary Aliens?
And no Ultra Beasts don’t count since they’re inter-dimensional, completely different concept.

Soldier

Awards
The existence of Elgyem/Clefairy/Staryu and their evolutions suggest that there’s planets out there with extraterrestrial Pokémon which begs the question of is there Legendary Aliens?
And no Ultra Beasts don’t count since they’re inter-dimensional, completely different concept.
There's reason to believe that is the case, Lacunosa Town in the Unova region has a legend of Kyurem landing in the Giant Chasm from a meteorite. Rayquaza lives in the atmosphere and feasts upon Minior, a pokemon that comes from space and is therefore an extraterrestrial.

And are ultra beasts really inter-dimensional beings? they come from Ultra SPACE, which the player travels through on Solgaleo/Lunala in lightyears (which is the measurement for distance in space). Arriving through any portal tells the player they are X lightyears away from Alola and thus on a different planet (Not dimension).

Plus, the idea behind the ultra beasts is to have them serve as "invasive species", which is a major threat to the Hawaiian Islands. Their strange appearances highlight the fact that they're nothing like what we're used to, and thus alien to us.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I wonder if we will ever get an explanation about the “ghost girl“ Easter egg in Pokémon X and Y the one that can sometimes takes place when you exit the elevator in one of the buildings in Lumiose City and it causes the music to stop and your screen to flash before you see her float by and then disappear but not before telling the player

“ No, your not the one” and then you can encounter her again in the hotel where she says “ don’t talk to me... if you do I can’t hear the elevator“ it was an weird Easter egg and giving how many theories they were about it, I think it would be cool if we got some kind of answer.

Plus we got an answer to some of the other ghost girls stories in the other games like the one in Sword/ Shield where the little girl asks you to deliver a letter to the boy she used to play with and we kind of got an answer for the one in Black 2/ White 2 since i think it was implied or at least a commonly accepted theory that Darkrai killed her in a nightmare.

Apparently Nintendo really likes putting stuff to with ghosts in nearly all of their Pokemon games.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
There's reason to believe that is the case, Lacunosa Town in the Unova region has a legend of Kyurem landing in the Giant Chasm from a meteorite. Rayquaza lives in the atmosphere and feasts upon Minior, a pokemon that comes from space and is therefore an extraterrestrial.

And are ultra beasts really inter-dimensional beings? they come from Ultra SPACE, which the player travels through on Solgaleo/Lunala in lightyears (which is the measurement for distance in space). Arriving through any portal tells the player they are X lightyears away from Alola and thus on a different planet (Not dimension).

Plus, the idea behind the ultra beasts is to have them serve as "invasive species", which is a major threat to the Hawaiian Islands. Their strange appearances highlight the fact that they're nothing like what we're used to, and thus alien to us.

My mistake, they’re extra-dimensional since Ultra Space have parallel realities. The Reverse World is proof of this, acting as inverse reality of the player’s game. This is furthered more in the anime where Ultra Space leads to an alternate reality of Alola.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I wonder if we will ever get an explanation about the “ghost girl“ Easter egg in Pokémon X and Y the one that can sometimes takes place when you exit the elevator in one of the buildings in Lumiose City and it causes the music to stop and your screen to flash before you see her float by and then disappear but not before telling the player

“ No, your not the one” and then you can encounter her again in the hotel where she says “ don’t talk to me... if you do I can’t hear the elevator“ it was an weird Easter egg and giving how many theories they were about it, I think it would be cool if we got some kind of answer.

Plus we got an answer to some of the other ghost girls stories in the other games like the one in Sword/ Shield where the little girl asks you to deliver a letter to the boy she used to play with and we kind of got an answer for the one in Black 2/ White 2 since i think it was implied or at least a commonly accepted theory that Darkrai killed her in a nightmare.

Apparently Nintendo really likes putting stuff to with ghosts in nearly all of their Pokemon games.
I swear this freaked the heck out of me and it being the least explained ghost easter egg in all of pokemon makes this so much worse.

Also the theory of Ditto = mew clone has always been one I'd love to see expanded on. They both learn transform, they're both pink normaly and teal shiny, they both have equal stats across the board, and ditto are found in the original games in the lab (where mew was cloned) and in the final cave (where mewtwo lived). I always found that very compelling.

Back