• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

a phone seriously? (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I tried posting in both mobile sections, and it won't let me, something about a prefix, I don't know what a prefix is, so I have to post this here, sorry if I'm breaking any rules. anyway, why aren't dark road and UX console games? they would have been awesome if they were, (Even better if they weren't important for the next saga.), UX could have been a Knights of The Old Republic type game, Kingdom Hearts already has similarity's to Star Wars, so what's one more, and dark road could have been a standard KH game, give or take a few things, It could also still have been a Xehanort and Eraqus game, but they wasted the potential on a phone, and if you've seen this on another post of mine, don't worry about it, I'm deleting it now, well part of it at least. what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

andreverts

Awards
I agree, their stories are both great and fundamental for the Lost Master Arc and many people dropped them just because they were delivered on mobile devices with a gatcha formula.

That wasn't a player-friendly way and I understand why somebody decided to skip them, but you can play offline Dark Road (glad it's available) and watch Ux in theather mode nowaday and that's better than nothing.
We all have mobile phones today and the app runs fine even on the old ones.

There's also Missing-Link coming that will work similarly, so i don't think they have any plan to shift this saga on gaming consoles.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
I agree, their stories are both great and fundamental for the Lost Master Arc and many people dropped them just because they were delivered on mobile devices with a gatcha formula.

That wasn't a player-friendly way and I understand why somebody decided to skip them, but you can play offline Dark Road (glad it's available) and watch Ux in theather mode nowaday and that's better than nothing.
We all have a mobile phones today and the app works fine even on the old ones.

There's also Missing-Link coming that will work similarly, so i don't think they have any plan to shift this saga on gaming consoles.
You misunderstood, the phone games should not be as important as the main 10 games and should be stand-alone, and the foretellers, Luxu and the master of masters should not be in the next saga, the reason I said it could be a Knights of The Old Republic type game, is because it is set so far in the past, similar to the KOTOR games, that it shouldn't affect future games, and should be on console, and as for dark road, they could have put it on console too, treated it as a standard prequel KH stand-alone game, with mechanics similar to bbs or kh1, but there trying to force the story's down everyone's throats, and Ven, Larxene and Marluxia should not have connections to UX, instead what they should do for the next saga is either introduce a new villain in KH4 or Maleficent could have taken over as the main villain with a new council of Disney villains, or a mix of both ideas introduce a Disney villain as the main villain leading a council of Disney villains lead by the horned king, that would have been better.

andreverts

Awards
Many important titles in the past had the same treatment: Chain of Memories on GBA, 358/2 Days on DS, Birth by Sleep on PSP, the original coded even exclusively on old phones (!) before being ported on DS and also 3D on 3DS.

People right now forget about it because of 1.5 and 2.5 collections, but if you lived those days you had to own all these handeld consoles if you wanted a full experience.

If you look it that way, Ux/Dark Road being on mobile phones is not so bad considering that today we all have these devices.

P.s. The story has always been stretched through several platforms and every game always counted, my main complain is that this arc is really interesing and it's a waste seeing it developed around gatcha games with chibi style

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Yes I was there, I started playing in 2004 or 2005, and I already had all those consoles, and yes I consider those consoles, I also consider bbs, 358/2 days, com, recoded, ,DDD, 0.2 and mom, main games, and I enjoyed them so much I got them on ps3 then ps4. the only entry I missed by only a few years was com, when com started coming out I made the mistake of thinking it was a remake not a sequel, so I skipped it by mistake, I went and ordered it off the internet and played and beat it when I realized that, but here's the difference from these game and the phone games, the phone games are so far in the past, well except dark road, that they shouldn't affect Sora's story, but they do, and I don't have a problem with the story itself but the way it's being handled , it should be stand-alone and on console like KOTOR, but it's not, phone games are lame to me, but if it helps, I have kept up with the story on youtube, another problem with it is touch screens, touch screens stink, I prefer buttons, and it,s pay to win, you have to pay to be healed with real money, and KOTOR at least doesn't force(no pun intended) characters from the game into the current era(be it legends or canon).

andreverts

Awards
Ux/Dark Road weren't pay to win if you just played them for the story, you could go through them 100% free to play (my case) even in proud mode. Of course the PvP was, they were gatchas, but it's not the point of the topic since we're considering how the developers handle the story through multiple platforms; and don't get my wrong: I agree that it would have been better if this arc had less implications with the "main" storyline, but I just wanted to remember that this is how Kingdom Hearts works since the beginning (and being on mobile devices at least don't force you to buy consoles you may not want just for a single game).

vaderskywalker

Awards
Actually, I started this thread to discuss only the phone games, I never had a problem with the multiple consoles thing, mostly because I had already had the consoles by the time I found out about the games, by the way what do you mean they weren't pay to win? I couldn't beat it when I tried to play it, because I ran out of whatever it was (don't remember what it was) they gave me as free to revive myself, and to get more, I would have to spend real money, so I gave up on it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Prefixes - you just have to choose one of the available tags from the drop-down menu next to your thread title.

The thing about long-form games like this where the story is written progressively is that things can evolve beyond your expectations. The original KHX did start out much more simply, and the main story didn't even enter relevancy until 1.5 years after launch. It's very likely that what was originally intended for the game wound up changing as time went on and the story got away from the writers.

As for DR, the reason it's on mobile was explained on the record. Nomura wanted to do a Xehanort prequel game, preferably on consoles, prior to KH3 but things didn't work out and it wound up being shelved with no plans of ever revisiting. When the UX team approached him with a request to work on another title, he realized that it was now or never and took the opportunity to tell this story. In other words, it was a mobile game or nothing.

Actually, I started this thread to discuss only the phone games, I never had a problem with the multiple consoles thing, mostly because I had already had the consoles by the time I found out about the games, by the way what do you mean they weren't pay to win? I couldn't beat it when I tried to play it, because I ran out of whatever it was (don't remember what it was) they gave me as free to revive myself, and to get more, I would have to spend real money, so I gave up on it.
Pay to win = requires money for progression

You could complete the story even on Proud mode and actually rank fairly high in PVP without spending a cent, so long as you spent your jewels wisely. Unfortunately, using them on continues is not an example of this. You should have quit the quest and tried again later after improving your setup rather than wasting jewels trying to brute-force your way through.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Re: Prefixes - you just have to choose one of the available tags from the drop-down menu next to your thread title.
oh, thank you, that was bugging me big time, but could you tell me if I'm breaking any rules by having
my thread in this section, I only put it here because I couldn't figure it out, I'll move it to the UX section if I have to, but is there a way to move the entire thread or do I have to delete the whole thing and start over from scratch?
The thing about long-form games like this where the story is written progressively is that things can evolve beyond your expectations. The original KHX did start out much more simply, and the main story didn't even enter relevancy until 1.5 years after launch. It's very likely that what was originally intended for the game wound up changing as time went on and the story got away from the writers.
that's Nomura's fault actually, he, for some reason, doesn't believe in stand-alone games, and lets his imagination run wild (despite the consequences to the players), Thats both a good thing and a bad thing, I like the drawn-out nature of the Xehanort saga, sometimes having a complicated story with one villain of that story, is more interesting than a single one-off story with one villain, but there are drawbacks like some things that don't need to be connected, like UX, that was fine on its own, which is why I believe it's being shoved down everyone's throats.
As for DR, the reason it's on mobile was explained on the record. Nomura wanted to do a Xehanort prequel game, preferably on consoles, prior to KH3 but things didn't work out and it wound up being shelved with no plans of ever revisiting. When the UX team approached him with a request to work on another title, he realized that it was now or never and took the opportunity to tell this story. In other words, it was a mobile game or nothing.
and that's unfortunate, that could have been interesting, but they had to connect it to UX, it would have been fine on its own, no master of masters anywhere in the game or remind, there are some cool things like why Xehanort decided to do the things he did. (And no, I still have not forgiven him for what he did to Kairi no matter his reasons)

Back