• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Nobody's Lullaby

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Disclaimer: Must I say it? Kingdom Hearts nor it's characters belong to me. Warning: This chapter is about twenty-two pages long.

Xigbar

Staring through golden pools, he watched the moon something very much unlike him. "Damnit," he swore softly. Although no one knew of this, Xigbar hadn't always been that insult dealing jerk that everyone thought him to be. Heck, he use to be the exact opposite; as he thought about what happened in the past.

He felt his non-existent heart shatter once more, it was always hard to think of the past for him. But yet it must've been harder for Xaldin, although hardly anyone knew about the truth with Xaldin.

Frowning softly Xigbar had come to treating Xaldin like a little brother, but enough with that empty, emotionless thought and on to Sora. Snarling as a picture of Sora showed up in his mind, Xigbar found complete and total rage towards the young keybearer. But not letting anyone see that flash of anger, shaking his head dismissing the feeling of pure rage towards the keybearer.

The raven streaked in some spots gray haired nobody, looked up thinking about something most wouldn't understand.

Walking alone beneath the lights of that miracle mile

As he couldn't shake that though, the golden-eyed nobody thought about his childhood friends. As the thought of that one girl came to his mind, he growled darkly at the mere thought of her. Why did he even bother with love? It was a stupid, pointless thing in his opinion. Stopping as he heard, a whispered voice that belonged to Xaldin. "Xigbar, Saix."

Looking at Saix who was passing by, Saix summoned a portal and walked through it. Sure, it was strange that Saix would do that; but him and Xaldin seemed to becoming rather close to each other. As the two nobodies arrived he noted how Xaldin held his silence, looking at them he said finally, "I don't think I'll return, so if this feeling is true. Goodbye." Stunned by this Xigbar remained quiet until, Saix blurted out for him and Xigbar,

"What?! What are you talking about, Xaldin?!"

Me and Mary making our way into the night

Watching as Xaldin shrugged his shoulders, the raven haired nobody held his silence. It was very clear that Xaldin wasn't in the mood for talking, sighing he turned his gaze back to the portal. Glancing over his shoulder, Saix had already gone through the portal. "See you later, Dilan." He mumbled. Walking through the swirling mass, Xigbar didn't head for The World That Never Was but instead he headed for an area no one knew of.

Just like before, the peaceful area nice amount of wind but it wasn't to strong. But yet, the waves were prefect for surfing. Smirking to himself, Xigbar somehow summoned a surfboard. He's outfit wasn't the normal one, instead it was that of a black pair of swimming trunks. As a wicked wave came crashing around him, Xigbar rode it back to shore as his thoughts raced back to Mary.

Hmm, it wasn't that long ago, right? Whatever, I don't care. But I wonder how Mary's doing. He thought, that smirk still on his lips. Xigbar reached the shore, looking around the peaceful area calmed him down; it had always done that within a heartbeat when he did have a heart. "What happened to you, Mary?" He asked himself.

You can hear the cries from the carnival rides

-------

Standing there, the twenty-five year old Braig watched the waves. He enjoyed the water, but he didn't know how to surf. Hearing a giggle behind him, the raven haired young man looked; puzzled by the flaming red head's giggle as she walked closer. He was being held spellbound by those dark, salutary green yes, she was an Irish lass alright. Smirking a little, he looked back at the water as she sat down.

"Hi, my name's Mary. What's yours sir?" She asked softly, shuttering Braig looked at her and replied,

"Braig."

Giggling a little, Mary stood up and asked him, "So, Braig, do you know how to surf?" Shaking his head, he was shocked as Mary grabbed his hand and yanked him to his feet; looking at him with a start in his golden eyes. Flushing by that look, Mary wasn't wearing her shoes instead they were in her hand. Seeing that look, Braig pulled her close as the band began playing.

The pinball bills, skee ball slides

"It's okay, Mary." He whispered, totally forgetting about the surfing the two headed down the beach. Silence having fell in between them, Braig was confused wondering if he had done something wrong. Seeing that Mary had seen the look, he smiled softly trying to cheer her up not wanting to make her upset. Sighing, Mary looked it him those dark green eyes as she said,

"I like to feel the sand beneath my feet."

Smiling, not wanting to upset her Braig held her hand. "It's okay, I don't mind that at all." Remembering that thing with the surfing, Mary lead him to the water, as they hit the water she began to teach him how. After a few minutes, Braig finally caught on and took off easily. As they rode the next big wave, Braig smirked as he saw the smile on Mary's lips.

Watching the summer sun fall out of sight

As they finished the surfing, Braig helped Mary reach the shore. "That was fun," she panted. Nodding his head in agreement, Braig looked around him as he heard her trying to slow her breathing. As she was able to do so, Braig looked at Mary with surprised eyes as she asked him,

"Do you want to go out for dinner?" Nodding his head, Braig lead her through the crowded beach; as they headed straight for a distant restaurant. Smirking, Braig watched Mary with a strange light in his eyes as he waited silently. Hearing a playfully comment of, "So, are you afraid of the water, Braig?" Laughing, he replied coolly,

"No, I'm not afraid of the water." As they reached the cafe, Braig pulled out hsi wallet and payed for their dinner.

There’s a warm wind coming in from off of the ocean

Looking at her to see that Mary had been reaching for her money, smiling he said softly,

"I've got enough cash to get us in, so don't waste your money here 'kay." Seeing the look from the clark, Braig replied with,

"She's a friend, I just met her today." Nodding her head, the clark lead the two 'love birds' to the table. Well, that's her opinion on the two behind her. Stopping she said with a sigh,

"I'll be your waitress for the evening, is there anything you'd like to drink?" Flushing, Mary glanced away from Braig and replied to the young lady; who you could see was clearly in her late teens,

"Yes, I'd like a cup of tea." Smiling, the teen nodded her head. A stray lock of snowy white-gold blond hair fell into her face, staring at Braig with amethyst violet tinted silver eyes she asked,

"And you, sir?" Smiling at the teen, Braig replied simply,

"Tea." Than a question coming to his mind, he added before the white-gold haired teen left, "What's your name?"

Making its way past the hotel wall to fill the streets

Smiling, she spun around and replied in a formal tone, "Firefly." Nodding his head, Braig watched as Firefly left. Seeing that confused look, he stared at Mary and asked her,

"What is it Mary?" Grinning sweetly, Mary sighed a little and replied,

"I don't think you understand, there's something about Firefly. It's..." Breaking off, Mary watched as Firefly came back with their drinks. Seeing a look of pure anger tossed to her, Firefly than stalked off in a foul mood about something. Shrugging his shoulders, Braig leaned across the table and whispered,

"Don't worry, Firefly's always cranky for a bit. She'll calm down, I promise." Nodding her head, Mary lend in and replied softly,

"Yeah."

Mary is holding both of her shoes in her hands

As the minutes ticked by, Braig finally sighed and mumbled, "I don't know why, but I love you, Mary." Smiling, Mary could help but laugh at this. Braig also began lauging, it was kinda strange to say that to her. As Firefly came back, she smiled sweetly at the both of them. Looking at Mary, the white-gold haired nineteen year old asked,

"May I sit down? I happen to be on break, so would it be okay if I joined you?" Nodding his head, Braig looked at Mary to see she didn't mind. Sighing, he asked the two females,

"Do either of you believe in love at first sight?" Nodding her head, Mary replied swiftly to the question,

"Of course." Nodding her head in agreement, Firefly watched the two of them. Seeing the smirk, Braig looked at her puzzled by that look that she gave them.

Said she likes to feel the sand beneath her feet

As they finally stood up to leave, Braig looked at Firefly and asked her, "Why were you so mean to Mary?" Smiling softly, the white-gold haired teen replied,

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know what got into me." As the flaming red head looked at her, the young woman replied for the teen,

"Because, Firefly's my half-sister. The reason being, is that my mom got ditched by my father and hooked up with another lass. I barely remember him, I guess that's why she was ticked off with me." Smiling, Braig replied softly to Mary,

"It doesn't matter to me." Sighing, knowing this piece wasn't true he whispered,

"I love you."

And in the morning I'm leaving

-------------

Looking up, Xigbar smiled softly as he thought about Mary. Shaking his head, he wasn't even aware of the fact Xaldin had faded away. Standing up, Xigbar looked around him watching the calm water. But what caused him to turn around was a very familier voice called, "Braig, is that you?" Turning to face the person, he saw a young woman at the most the age of twenty-five. Her snowy white-gold hair glistened in the sun, smiling softly Xigbar asked her,

"Firefly, right?"

Nodding her head, the young lady replied, "Aye sir, I've been waitin' for ye to come back. What's taken ya so long, sugar?" Frowning a little, Xigbar looked away and replied stiffly,

"Nothing, do you know how Mary's doing?"

Making my way back to Cleveland

Laughing a little, Firefly replied in a cheerful tone,

"Fine, she'll be so glad to hear your doing fine, Braig." Laughing, Xigbar looked around him as he laughed in reply,

"Yeah, I can't wait to see her." Seeing that Firefly had turned around, he blinked and followed after the young lady. Catching up to her, Xigbar asked her in a confused tone,

"Where are you going, Firefly?" Looking at him with those now sad, dim amethyst tinted silver eyes she replied,

"I was taking you to see Mary, isn't that what you want sir?" Shaking his head, Xigbar replied stiffly,

"I can't see her, she won't understand why I've been avoiding her."

So, tonight I hope I do just fine

Shaking her head in a furious matter, Firefly said in a ticked off tone, "Why's that Braig? She was crying her eyes out after you left!"

Frowning Xigbar replied in a hallow tone, "It's just that, I'm not the same Braig you use to know. I can't feel, it's strange I know...but I can't a thing. I can't feel love, nothing at all Firefly." Frowning at this, Firefly replied to this piece of info,

"That is a problem." Sighing, Xigbar looked away as he nodded his head as he replied,

"Yeah, that's the exactly the reason why I can't see her." Grinning, Firefly suggested,

"What happens if you don't tell her that?"

And I don't see how you could ever be anything but mine

Nodding his head in agreement, Xigbar followed Firefly as she lead the way. "Firefly, so how's Mary been doing?" He asked suddenly, stopping the snowy white-gold haired young woman replied softly,

"Not good, she's been denying ever guy that asked her out. Her heart's shattered beyond repair it seems, but I think you'd be able to help her Braig." Nodding his head in agreement, Xigbar kept up with Firefly easily. Worried about how Mary was doing until he heard someone screamed,

"Leave me alone already!" Picking up his pace, Xigbar out ran Firefly as they both raced down the street. Reaching Mary first, he watched as the flaming red head punched the guy backwards. Looking at Firefly unsure, she urged him to talk to Mary without saying a word still unsure he said to Mary in a normal tone,

"Mary, it's me, Braig." Looking at him, the dark green-eyed lass cried,

"Braig!" Tossing herself at him, the thirty-six year old sighed as he held her close. But what caused him to hold her tigher was: that he felt a heartbeat within his own chest and not Mary's. Looking at her, Xigbar understood that Mary was his light I guess you could say.

There's a local band playing at the seaside pavilion

Frowning, he raised Mary's head up and kissed her lips gently. Breaking it, Xigbar whispered gently, "I'll come back, I promise Mary." Nodding her head, Mary whispered back to him in an extremely gentle and broken tone,

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, Braig."

Nodding his head, Xigbar's throat was dry not allowing him to say anything. Summoning a portal, Xigbar backed up into the swirling mass of darkness. Punching the wall after he was on the other side, Xigbar sighed as he heard Sora. Looking at Sora the raven grey streaked haired nobody heard the lyrics, smiling softly he looked down at the floor.

And I got just enough cash to get us in

As the fight began, Xigbar found himself not all there as he thought about the past.

And as we're dancin' Mary's wrapping her arms around me, and I can feel the sting of summer on my skin. In the midst of the music I tell her I love her, we both laugh cause we know it isn't true. Ah but Mary there's a summer, drawing to an end tonight and there's so much that I long to do to you.

But in the morning I'm leaving, making my way back to Cleveland, so tonight I hope that I will do just fine. And I don't see how you could ever be anything but mine, and in the morning I'm leaving, making my way back to Cleveland. So tonight I hope that I will do just fine.
He thought, as Sora surprisingly got a hit on him.

Xigbar's eyes widened as he fell onto one knee, looking at Sora he didn't care about Sora. What he was staring at was, that flaming red head with those dark green eyes as she cried, "Braig!" As Sora turned around, seeing the lady he looked back at Xigbar complately stunned that this lass knew him.

And I don't see how you could ever be anything but mine

As Mary raced over to his side, she skid to a hault wrapping her arms around him. Looking up through cloudy eyes, complately unaware of what was going on around him. Confused, he asked in a strange tone, "What's going on here?" Frowning, Mary held Xigbar close as she whispered to him,

"I...I don't know, Braig. But I know one thing. And that's I...I love you." Staring at her, Xigbar mumbled back in the same caring tone,

"I love you too, Mary." Hearing the question from Sora, he looked at him and replied,

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Without another word, Xigbar disappeared forever leaving Mary behind him. A single pearly tear rolling down his cheek, it hit Mary's face as she cried out to him,

"Why do you have to leave, Braig?!"

Mary I don't see how you could ever be anything but mine

~------------~

Song: Anything But Mine

Artist: Kenny Chesney

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Disclaimer: You should know it by now, here's the final chapter! Wait, how did this end up happening?! (goes into a corner and cries her eyes out from the fact it's the final chapter) Oh yeah, this is kinda of something that happened in a role-play me and Dream have been doing for the past few years. (we've been best friends for as long as I can remember, but I know at first we completely hated each other)

WARNING: Long chapter, but I hope you liked it. I spent time working on it. It's roughly thirty-one or thirty-two pages long. Anyway, I seriously hate myself in this chapter. With this one I felt sorry for Xemnas, but yet I hated him at the same time. Anyway, here's the long chapter.

Xemnas​

Staring through amber colored eyes, his tan skin darkened by the bright, pale light of Kingdom Hearts. As he felt the other members fall, he mumbled, "There goes Demyx." No one understood, he was only a person with no memories of who he use to be what so ever; he didn't know if his family loved him or not. So, why should he care when no one cares about him? Shaking his head, Xemnas watched as hearts went up to the heart-shaped moon.

As a melody that sounded almost like a drum or heartbeat began playing, Xemnas thought about a few things just like the other Organization XIII members. Not even turning around, he listened silently to the call of the Heartless. Why are you still here?! A heartless asked angrily. Knowing the problem, Xemnas shook his head as he walked away from Kingdom Hearts. Stopping, he looked up at the night sky.

You lie silent there before me

Looking around, he sighed thinking about how fast the Organization was dropping in numbers. He had agreed to being a test subject when he found out he could gain his memories back that way, walking through some crazy random portal that happened to show up. Xemnas looked around him, he stood in one of the hallways of the once beautiful castle of Hallow Bastion. But now the palace stood in ruins, shaking his head once more Xemnas watched a a pipe fell.

I wonder whatever happened to my family. He thought, walking down the corridor the dark skinned nobody let his thoughts run free. Things could get crazy at the World That Never Was, it would drive anyone batty after a while being locked up in the castle. He swore it needed a paint job, but yet he always left it white since he didn't have enough time to get around to painting it. Shrugging his shoulders silently, Xemnas walked down the hallway thinking about before.

Your tears they mean nothing to me

Stopping, Xemnas glanced around him as he heard an echo of a scream from before he became a nobody. Confused, he looked around and asked no one, "What's going on here?" Receiving no reply, he headed down the hallway as someone screeched,

"Leave me alone you jerks!" A chuckle following the screech, Xemnas stopped to listen to what would be said in reply.

"No can do sweetie." a cold voice replied, frowning since the voice sounded familiar to him. His amber colored eyes widening upon figuring it out, he muttered a curse towards himself for his cruelty. Shaking his head, for some reason he enjoyed being cruel to the teen.

The wind howling at the window

But yet, something that completely troubled him was that he couldn't remember who he use to be. Growling, he punched the wall as he asked himself angrily, "What's the matter with you, Xemnas? You shouldn't care about anyone or anything, after all remember how the world treated you? They treated you as a freak, saying you should not be in existence one bit."

As he straightened up, he looked around him that coldness back in his eyes. But yet he was still wondering about who he use to be, shaking his head Xemnas headed down the hallway as another scream reached his ears. Continuing on down the corridor he stopped as he heard an head splitting scream. Covering his ears with his hands and hood, Xemnas waited until the shriek had stopped to uncover them.

The love you never gave

-----------

Glancing around, the fourteen year old raced past his friends. Unable to help it, one of them called out to him, "Where are you going, buddy?" Stopping, the silver haired teen spun around to face the kid. Puzzled, he replied to them,

"No where, I just need to get home right now."

Looking at the teen across from him, Xehanort frowned as he heard one of the teens muttered, "Sheesh, he's such a freak." Looking away, the tan skinned teen sighed as he continued walking away from the group. As he walked away, he stopped upon hearing more and more comments.

I give to you, really don't deserve it

As he stopped for another moment, Xehanort snarled back to the group of teens, "Shut up or else." As he stood, there glaring at the group of teens over his shoulder. He had been taken in by Ansem the Wise and his family, he had found it quite enjoyable when people weren't saying anything about it.

But yet he noticed how the older one out of the twins always acted, one was all for fun and games while the other was a...what was it again? Oh yeah, a stick in the mud. Hearing some noise, he sighed and held his school books tight as he headed straight back to the palace. Racing through the crowded streets of Radiant Garden, his silverish hue hair only went to his shoulders. The cold breeze wasn't very welcoming, yet it felt nice since his temper had been getting up there.

But now there's nothing you can do

Reaching the castle of Radiant Garden, Xehanort walked through the door as the twins raced past him. "A very nice hello princesses, don't you think?" He asked, as the two came to a stop the eldest out of the two mumbled back quickly,

"I'm sorry Xehanort, we didn't see you there." When all of a sudden Yuffie screamed,

"Kari!"

Giggling in a trouble making tone, the brunette replied, "Yes Yuffie?" Suddenly the normally easy going, hyper and happy-go-lucky ninja came charging at the child. Stepping in the way, Xahenort held out his hand stopping her. Smirking at Yuffie, Xahenort told her calmly,

"Easy Yuf, take a chill pill. Kari's only a child, she'll grow out of the stunt sooner or later."

So sleep in your only memory of me

Snickering slightly, Kari had a strange glow in her eyes. As the dark-haired ninja pouted slightly, she whined,

"You don't know Kari the same way I do Xehanort!" Shaking his head the teen sighed, looking at Kari he asked her in that soft, gentle tone,

"What did you take this time, young lady?" Giggling the child piped up,

"Easy, cookies!" Laughing Kari was so sweet when she acted this way, you couldn't stay mad at her now matter how hard you tried.

My dearest mother

Laughing at the young princess, he looked over to the flaming red head that stood not to far away from her twin. Rolling her eyes Kairi asked, "Must you be so immature Kari?" Frowning slightly, the young brunette replied in a broken tone,

"N...No, at least I don't mess around when there's schoolwork to be done!" A small shriek tearing it's self from Kairi, she snapped,

"Is that true? Well, at least I have friends and I'm no stick in the mud!" A injured look coming to her eyes, Kari shook her head and fled. Xehanort walked off after Kari wanting to comfort her, finding the princess within her room on her bed. Walking over silently, he sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Princess Kari, listen to me please." He whispered, remembering how Kari felt about being called princess. Looking at the seven year old, he stroked her hair in a brotherly fashion as he continued, "Don't let Kairi get you down, Kari. She doesn't have the same singing voice as you, never has and never will." Looking at him with tear-filled eyes, this was a first for Xehanort since he had heard that Kari never cried in front of someone.

Here's a lullaby to close your eyes (goodbye)

-----------

Sighing remembering who that screamed belonged to, punching the wall somehow blocking out the scream. Looking away he saw the ghost of a snowy white-gold haired teen, frowning knowing that it was a girl by the name of Firefly. "I...I'm..." He couldn't find the words he wanted to say, something had changed in him since he had seen that memory.

It must have been that injured look in Kari's eyes, it pained him to see her like that. Looking like a puppy that had just been beaten for no good reason. He had noticed that look of fear in her eyes, but yet he had also picked up the smallest traces of complete and total loneliness and helplessness. Xemnas also knew that Kari's temper was never that short, but it was clear that something had happened that made it so short.

Why was her temper so short that day? Did something happen that had caused the hair trigger temper within the young princess? He wondered silently. Xemnas walked down the hallway, tossing that thought over and over again in his mind. He couldn't shake that upset look on Kari's face and in her eyes, it hurt to much to try to push it away from him.

It was always you that I despised

~- A few hours later -~

As he shook head head, Xemnas quickly bloated down one of the hallways thinking about what had been said. Something was clearly troubling Kari, it was just this strange tugging at his non-existent heart that told him to go looking for her. Stopping in another hallway, the silver-gray haired nobody looked around him as he thought, Dang it! How am I suppose to find Kari if she won't stay still?

"Xehanort!" Someone screamed, racing towards the cry for help. He skid to a stop as he saw her, sure she was older but who cares about that! Her long brunette streaked red hair went down to her lowerback, those fear-filled amethyst violet pools stared into his amber ones. Reaching out a hand to help her, Xemnas smiled as Kari grabbed onto it and pulled her out of the Darkness.

"You okay, Kari?" He asked. Nodding her head, the fifteen year old replied in a shaky tone,

"Y..Yeah I am, th...thanks for asking X...Xehanort."

I don't feel enough for you to cry (oh well)

Letting a sigh out from relief Xemnas asked her, "What were you doing anyway, princess?" Growling Kari glared at him with cold fire, looking away she stalked off as she tossed over her shoulder,

"None of your!"

Smirking Xemnas went after her, catching up to the teen he pinned her against the wall. Applying just enough pressure to keep her there, but not enough to hurt Kari to badly. As he stared in her eyes filled with cold fire, he returned the icy cold stare with his own just as cold. "Kari, I do believe that it is my business. I just saved your life!" Laughing coldly, Kari snapped angrily,

"You saved my life?!"

Here's a lullaby to close your eyes (goodbye, goodbye, goodbye)

Growling out of pure anger, he applied even more pressure drawing blood. As a swirling mass of blacks and purples appeared behind them, Xigbar stepped through the portal and mumbled to number one, "Xaldin has faded." Frowning Xemnas let go of Kari, as the fiery fifteen year old fell to the floor in a heap.

Turning to face his second in command, Xemnas sighed as he replied to Xigbar's statement, "I know. I felt him disappear. But yet what I'm wondering is what's up with Kari?" Sighing Xigbar knew how curious Xemnas was, staring at his amber colored eyes with those golden eyes he replied in a stern tone,

"I can't say, sir. All that I can say is that someone close to her heart, had turned their back on not only Kari, but her whole family and home world." When the truth was that it was Xemnas himself, he just couldn't remember that he was the one that had done it. Which was the reason for the protective big brother instact.

So insignificant , sleeping dormant deep inside of me

As Xigbar carried Kari through a portal, Xemnas followed suit behind number two. Holding his silence, the younger out of the two thought, What? Who would want to hurt Kari? As he walked through the Catle that Never Was. He stopped as he passed by Kari's sleeping form, she had been placed in his room so she could rest.

Groaning slightly, Xemnas wanted answers on why he couldn't shake that image. His eyes moving over that slim, fragile figure he thought about how she was as a child when she slept. Smiling to himself, Xemnas walked over to her bedside and sat down on the chair and just watched her still form. Looking up, he watched Xigbar's battle with the brunette keybearer.

Are you hiding away lost

Watching as Xigbar faded, he heard a female cried, "Why do you have to leave, Braig?!" Confused he stood up and summoned a portal, as he walked through it he heard Kari mumbled,

"Why Xehanort?"

Stepping through it, he stared at Kingdom Hearts as Saix appeared. Looking at him, the dark skinned nobody waited silently, when Saix asked something about ending this game. Not saying anything, Xemnas turned around and replied, "Indeed."

Under the sewers, maybe flying high in the clouds

Turning back to face Kingdom Hearts, he thought about what that teen had said. What did Kari mean by Xehanort? He thought, returning back to his room he heard Kari talking in her sleep. Smiling softly at this, he heard as he moved around his study, "Don't touch my cookie, damnit!" Smirking to himself, he found it quite enjoyable to hear Kari talk, it seemed to bring him comfort but he couldn't help but wonder how much of her past she knew.

As he couldn't ruffling through papers, he heard the fifteen year old snarled, "Dumbass." Chuckling he found it quite amusing with the way she acted, as she tossed and turned in her sleep. Xemnas looked over to Kari to see what could be the matter, walking over he stroked her hair as she mumbled again, "Don't touch my cookie!" Laughing, he shook her lightly waking the brunette up while her hair was a total mess.

"Raise and shine, Kari." He laughed, smirking at him Kari pushed him off the bed. Laughing, as he hit the floor the twenty-three year old nobody dodged a punch. Growing surious suddenly, Xemnas asked Kari in a stern voice,

"What all do you know about your childhood?"

Perhaps your happy without me

Something about that sterness seemed to make Kari frown, puzzled by it Xemnas watched as she glanced away and asked, "How much would you like to know?" Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders and also glanced down and replied,

"As much as you'll tell me."

Continuing to stare at the floor below, he felt Kari's gaze on him so, turning his amber hued gaze to meet her violet. He asked, "What's the matter Kari? Is there something on my face?" Breaking out in laughter at that, Kari choked,

"N...No! Th...There's nothing on y.. your face!" Laughing with her, Xemnas found that this was easier then he thought. Smiling, Xemnas looked at her and couldn't help but smile at Kari. Like what was said before, you couldn't stay mad at Kari no matter how hard you tried.

So many seeds have been sown in the field

As Xemnas wrapped his arm around Kari's throat, the other found it's way to her head and he began rubbing it. "Knock it off, Xemnas!" Kari ordered, laughing at the snappy command Xemnas asked her in a mock tone of fear,

"Or what? Will you hurt me?"

Laughing at this, the two continued to wrastle with each other, that was until a voice reached their ears, "Why did you take her? Where is my little sister and heart?"

And who could sprout up so blessedly

Looking at Kari he sighed, knowing that his time was coming to an end. Leading her through a portal, they arrived in the area that Ansem the Wise was. Seeing that pained filled look in her eyes, Xemnas glared at Ansem the Wise and snarled, " I was wondering who would dare interfere with my Kingdom Hearts. And look---here you all are. How convenient for me. Ansem the Wise... You look pathetic."

Not going to take it, Kari pushed away from Xehanort and screamed, "Leave my father alone!"

Glaring at her, Xemnas rose his arm and struck her hard with his hand. Sending her slidding across the floor straight into Riku's chest. Growling, he was about to approach Kari when Ansem replied, "Have your laugh. I deserve as much for failing to see you for the fool you are."

Smirking, he replied to his teacher, "Students do take after their teachers. Only a fool would be your apprentice. After all, none of this would have happened without you. YOU are the source of all Heartless. It was your research that inspired me to go further than you ever dared. Wait, let me correct myself, she's the source for all the Heartless!" Pointing at Kari, Xemnas smirked knowing the blow he had just dealt it harder then any other.

If I had died, I would have never felt sad at all

"I admit...my disregard brought chaos to more worlds than one. But what were YOU seeking? You erased me from the world, only to take my name and continue research better left forgotten... Is this the answer you've been looking for? And sweetie, don't listen to him, got it Kari?" Ansem addressed the last part to his second daughter.

Snarling in anger, Xemnas barked, "All that and more. I'm carrying on what you yourself began, and I'm creating a brand new world, one heart at a time. I thought you'd praise me, but all you ever do is hold me back. I understand, though. Unlike me, you have a heart. And you're powerless to control it. Consumed, by the jealousy you feel toward the student who surpassed you."

Sighing calmly, Ansem the Wise looked up at Kingdom Hearts and stated coldly, "Xehanort. Foolish apprentice of a foolish man. You have surpassed nothing---only proved how little we both know. We may profess to know the heart, but its essence is beyond our reach. We're both ignorant---as oblivious as when we began. I'm afraid that any world you try to create... Any world of yours...would be an empire of ignorance. That is why you and your creation are destined to fall!"

As electricity surges through and around the device, Ansem once more sighed and said to Riku, "We've said enough! Riku, you know what to do! King Mickey, my friend, forgive me! Farewell!"

You will not hear me say I'm sorry

As Riku spun around keeping a tight grip on Kari, he blocked the others from passing him as the device explodes; they are all pushed backwards other then Kari who is tossed to the other side. Hitting her head hard on the slope like walkway, Xemnas knew that the shock of losing her father had stolen Kari's ability to speak.

Disappearing through a portal, Xemnas watched from the top of the castle as the events unfolded. Sighing, he looked over to Kingdom Hearts which was completely ruined. As false tears came to his eyes, he shook his head as he thought about what Ansem had said. His teacher's words hung in the air around him, punching the railing Xemnas watched as the group raced up the steps.

Turning his back to them he raised his arms to Kingdom Hearts, floating in midair he frowned and said as Sora, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Donald, Goofy and Kari arrived, "Ohh...my Kingdom Hearts...ruined. Now I'll have to start all over again. Warriors of the Keyblade!" Turning to face them he continued, "Go forth, and bring me more hearts!"

Snarling, Sora, Mickey and Riku shouted as one, "No!" As they each summoned their respectfull keyblades, Sora looked at Kari to see she has a keyblade, confused by that Sora asked her,

"Wait, since when have you had a Keyblade?"

Where is the light, wonder if it's weeping somewhere

Frowning softly, Xemnas asked the four Keybearers, "Denizens of light, answer this: Why do you hate the darkness?" Mickey glared at Xemnas and replied for them,

"Aw, we don't hate it. It's just kinda...scary. But the world's made of light AND darkness. You can't have one without the other, 'cause darkness is half of everything. Sorta makes ya wonder why we are scared of the dark." Nodding her head in agreement, Kari looked at Sora and Riku silently but that's what troubled them.

Sighing Riku replied to the small question in Mickey's statement, "It's because of who's lurking inside it." Continuing in that same sad tone, Xemnas asked them,

"Then allow me another question. You accept darkness, yet choose to live in the light. So why is it that you loathe us who teeter on the edge of nothing? We who were turned away by both light and dark---never given a choice?"

Growling Riku replied coldly, "That's simple. It's because you mess up our worlds." Once more, Kari nodded her head in agreement, Riku seemed to be saying everything that Kari was thinking. Glaring at Kari, Xemnas snarled through clenched teeth,

"That may be... However, what other choice might we have had?"

Growling darkly Sora snapped, "Just give it a rest! You're Nobodies! You don't even exist! You're not sad about anything!" Chuckling at the Keybearer's snappy statement, Xemnas replied still chuckling,

"Very good. You don't miss a thing. I can not feel---sorrow... No matter what misery befalls the worlds. No matter what you think, what you feel, or how you exist." Tossing his hands up, Xemnas summoned an energy field so strong and strange that it dragged Sora away from his friends.

As they arrived at Memory Skyscarper Xemnas swiftly put up a barrier, sapping Sora's energy from time to time. As their fight raged on, Xemnas growled to Sora, "What makes you think your friends care about you?" Growling back, Sora pushed Xemnas away from him and sapped the rest of the Nobody's hp.

"Because, they haven't abandoned me yet!"

As the area disappeared Xemnas made out the calls towards Sora. "Sora! Where are you?" Kairi called, then came Riku's voice,

"Sora! Answer me!" He snarled, clearly annoyed by his childhood friend. Disappearing into the moon, he noticed that Kari had noticed him. Trying to get the attention of her friends, she yanked at Riku's sleeve. As Sora landed hard not to far from them, Kairi was the first to reach the brunette's side. As she skid to a hault, she knelt down and whispered,

"Sora...please don't leave me."

Looking around, Sora blurted, "Where's Xemnas?!" Pointing to Kingdom Hearts, Kari tried hard to tell them. "..." Everyone looking at her as she lifted a hand to her throat, confused Kairi walked over to her twin and asked,

"What's the matter Kari?" Shrugging her shoulders, Kari tried to talk again but got the same resualt. Frowning, Riku caught on and replied for the teen,

"She can't talk, something happened that stole her voice." Nodding her head, Kari clapped her hands showing that Riku had guessed correctly. Growling, Sora kicked a random small rock that was near by. As it went over the edge, everyone looked as Donald as he asked in disbelief,

"What?!"

Looking to Kingdom Hearts they saw Xemnas, he had turned his back to them and said, "Hear me, Kingdom Hearts! It seems we must begin anew. Ah, but know this: I will give to you as many hearts as it takes. Mark my words! You can no more be complete without me than I without you. Heed me, Kingdom Hearts! Lend me your power, so that we may be complete! The power to erase the fools that hinder us."

Shaking his head, Mickey cried, "Xemnas! No!"

"Hearts quivering with hatred..."

"Xemnas! Don't!" Sora pleaded, but still he continued with,

"Hearts burning with rage..."

"You'll never win!" Donald warned, but he pushed away all the warnings and pleas as he continued,

"Hearts scarred by envy... That fool Ansem said the heart's true nature was beyond his understanding. But it's not beyond mine! Hearts are the source of all power!" As a bright light filled the area, Xemnas disappeared as the Keybearers and their friends were blinded by the insanely bright light.

Hearing Sora, he chuckled as Sora called, "Xemnas! You can't hide forever" Chuckling still he thought, Correct, but that doesn't mean that I can't hide long enough to watch you guys sqrim. As a door appeared out of thin air, he growled as the Keybearers opened the portal. Racing through it, Xemnas called to the Keybearers,

"So...it seems your hearts have led you to obliteration. Perhaps it doesn't pay to be too loyal to one's heart. I will have to be sure and remember that." As a gust of wind it seemed came crashing towards them, Kari sang,

"Watch out, 'cause still waters run deep and there won't always be someone there to pull you out." As they dodged it, he watched as Riku grabbed Kari's hand and yanked her out of the way. As the door shut behind them, Riku snarled,

"No!"

Snarling a little since they weren't all on the other side of the door, Xemnas heard Sora barked, "We can take him on our own!" As they raced towards Xemnas, he only smirked watching as they raced for their deaths....or so he thought. As the three young Keybearers over powered him, he snarled to them, "Cursed fools!" After the battle ended they returned to Altar of Naught, fallening to his knees Xemnas clutched his chest.

"I need...more rage.. I need more...hearts..." Sighing Sora said in a dull voice,

"Xemnas. There's more to a heart than just anger or hate. It's full of all kinds of feelings. Don't you remember?" Truly frowning Xemnas looked at Sora with a look that you just could feel sorry for him and his kind with. Then, in a hallow tone he replied,

"Unfortunately...I don't." As they all celebrated, Xemnas watched from a distance but noticed that Kari had a sad look on her face. Frowning at that look, Xemnas heard Kairi cried,

"Sora! Riku! Kari!" Seeing that those three teens were still left behind, he smiled as he changed into a dragon. Heading straight for them, he knocked the platform with his shoulder as it nearly sent Kari over the edge. She tried to scream, but instead it came out as a small almost inaudible whimper escaped Kari's lips, spinning around Riku grabbed a hold of her hand and yanked her back up.

"You okay Kari?"

Watching as Kari nodded her head slowly, he growled in anger at the fact that he hadn't killed any of them.

As they took him on in his dragon form, Xemnas growled as they defeated him once more. Glaring at Kari, Xemnas barely escaped being destroyed since he switched to a different mechna. Watching them, he smiled as Kari yanked at Sora's sleeve and titled her head towards him. They started their fourth battle with him, knocking all three of the Keybearers off he stated coldly and then followed it up with a question to Riku,

"Nothingness is eternal! Riku...are you sure you're not jealous of Sora?" As they reached him again, he fought back but then knocked them off. Back into that abyss as he snarled,

"Embrace nothing! Hearts are power." Knowing how to hit Kari hard, he asked her in a cold tone,

"Are you sure your friends want you around? Are you dead sure that your just not getting in their way? How do you know if they care about you at all, Kari?" Freezing in the air, Kari looked down in doubt but looked back up with cold fire in her eyes as Riku called,

"Don't believe him, Kari! You know that your friends care about you!" Nodding her head Kari began helping Sora and Riku, growling the twenty-three year old nobody snarled as he struck them from a distance with his guns. Growling he ground out throught clenched teeth,

"Sora, are you sure you can trust Riku?"

As the arena switched to a gray one, Xemnas watched as Sora, Riku and Kari looked around them. As Xemnas appeared in a white and black outfit, he heard the dark growl that came from Kari's lips as he saw that glare that was sent to him. Unable to help it, Riku laughed, "Puppy death stare." But yeah, if looks could kill Xemnas would be in a tiny, itty bitty pieces and completely black from the heat of the stare.

"Heroes from the realm of light... I will not allow it to end this way---not yet. If light and darkness are eternal, then surely we nothings must be the same... Eternal!"

Riku replied coolly, "You're right, light and darkness are eternal. Nothing probably goes on forever, too. But guess what, Xemnas?"

Growling, Sora snapped back, "That doesn't mean YOU'RE eternal!"

Looking down he muttered, "Anger and hate are supreme." As the fight started Riku growled,

"This is so not fair!" All he got in response was,

"Be gone!"

Snarling a litte Kari dodged his attack, but it was just barely but she did get nicked by the saber. Snarling darkly, Xemnas pinned her against the wall and raised his light saber and brought it down. He saw the fear in her amethyst violet eyes and pulled back.

Turning his attention to Sora and Riku, he tossed Kari over to Sora hitting him square in the chest. As both the fifteen year olds crashed to the floor, he teleported over there as Riku just stood there frozen. "Time to end both of your lives," he hissed. Raising his saber to strike them down, his amber colored eyes widened as he watched Riku block one of his attempts.

Spinning around he brought it crashing down on them, but yet again was blocked by Riku was he took the full blow in the side. As Riku fell, giving Sora enough time to recover, the ticked off brunette grabbed Riku's keyblade and hit hm square in the chest. "How do you like it, Xemnas?!" Sora asked darkly, his normally bright sky blue eyes where now a stormy blue.

As Kari and Riku placed their hands on the Keyblade, Xemnas watched as the beam of light went straight for his chest. As it hit him hard, he began to find away but not before he snarled, "Keyblade!" Reaching for it, he disappeared in whisp of Darkness and smoke. But yet he watched as Kari held her right side tightly, that's when he saw that not only did Riku blocked the saber...but Kari had as well.

Here's a lullaby to close your eyes (goodbye, goodbye, goodbye)

~--------~

Song: Room of Angel

Artist: Mary Elizabeth McGlyyn

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Awesome chapter even though it was extremely long, but I enjoyed it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back