• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Nintendo NX version of KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Awards
So Nintendo confirmed they are making their next thing codenamed NX and nobody knew if it was a Wii U or 3DS successor, I feel it's both (not hybrid) and with the Nintendo E3 conference it seems like it's obvious that Nintendo is moving on from the Wii U and today the Metriod Prime director hinted that the NX console will have Metriod but anyway.

Kingdom Hearts has a fanbase on Nintendo and it only makes sense for a NX version, especially since the Xbox One is getting it and no KH game has been on Xbox, even KH 1.5 and 2.5 weren't on Xbox.

Thoughts?

Antar

Awards
I just hope the NX will be backwards compatible with Wii U games. I would definilt want to buy it then. KH on NX would make much more sense than Xbone. In fact, it would have been better if they ported 1.5 and 2.5 for NX/Wii U and released KH3 for it, too, instead of Xbone.

Meelow

Awards
Especially since KH3 would sell better on the NX in Japan on day 1 then everyone with a Xbox One in Japan buying the Xbone version.

Awards
I think it all depends on how powerful the console is. PS4 and Xbox One can handle KH3, as can PC (Thus PC players arguments for the game) however we don't know yet if the NX can. I'm sure Nomura and the team might make that decision once they get their hands on some developer prototypes but we won't know anytime soon. Can the WiiU even handle KH 1.5 and 2.5 and if it can does the controller have enough buttons for an easy port?

Meelow

Awards
I think it all depends on how powerful the console is. PS4 and Xbox One can handle KH3, as can PC (Thus PC players arguments for the game) however we don't know yet if the NX can. I'm sure Nomura and the team might make that decision once they get their hands on some developer prototypes but we won't know anytime soon. Can the WiiU even handle KH 1.5 and 2.5 and if it can does the controller have enough buttons for an easy port?

Nintendo has a serious problem if a 2016/maybe 2017 console is weaker then a 2013 (2011-2012 tech) console.

And the Wii U can defiantly handle KH 1.5 and 2.5, it's more powerful then the PS3.

BEASTENDER

Another thing to consider is that PS4 has already crossed the 20,000,000 consoles sold mark. Xbox One has sold a considerable amount as well, at least compared to the Wii U which came out a year before them both. If the infrastructure is too different, I doubt square would want to pay the extra money to port it to the NX, when sales have been so low for the Wii U. KH3 and XV had the intention of being developed for Playstation 4, but since the tech is so similar, they said a port proved to not be a problem for the Xbox One since they were developing KH3 in Direct X11 (and Direct X is microsoft's software to begin with).

Lastly, Nintendo sure loves it's gimmicks and that scares me a little...For all we know KH3 may not be suitable for their new console. I'm all about everyone getting their chance to play KH3 though, so I hope it works out for those who don't want to buy a PS4 or Xbox One. And as a long time Nintendo fan, I really want to see them do better. After the recent E3 direct and all the negativity they received, Iwata literally felt the need to apologize :/

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Personal suspension will be that NX won't be as powerful as PS4/XB1, not even remotely.

More specifically I think NX is more of a software platform shared between their next-gen handheld & console. With any given NX game, the handheld will play a low-end version of that game while the console plays the high-end (basically 480P vs. 1080P). In order for this shared library to even work however the handheld & console would have within a certain range of one another specwise. If the console were PS4 levels of power, the handheld would have to be crazy powerful & expensive to catch up, which isn't practical for Nintendo.

Essentially what I'm seeing Nintendo doing is giving the next handheld a generation jump while the console is 2 Wii Us duct taped together. Not something that could run KH3 in any respectable capacity.

LaneBoy

They announced that the NX will be getting the new Dragon Quest XI game which is using Unreal Engine 4. The reason wii u couldn't get KH3 is because it doesn't support unreal engine 4. The fact that NX is already showing it can run Unreal Engine 4 AND is already getting a Square Enix game shows that its definitely possible that we could see KH3 on the NX. At least I hope we do.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think it kind of late for kingdom hearts 3 for nintendo nx annoucemnt unless we here one at the d23 but i think it to late for it now

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
They develop KH III for PC basically (the tech etc if that haven't changed when they switched engine or anything.) and then port it down to PS4 and Xbone so if they can just as easily port it to the new Nintendo I think they'll almost certainly do it but if it's much harder because it's not just a PC for tv or whatever then I doubt it but it is possible.

If someone missed that part about programming and don't understand, No it's not being released for PC, yes it's developed with consoles 100% in mind but consoles are basically just pc tech wise today which is very different from last gen, at least with the PS3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
i think it kind of late for kingdom hearts 3 for nintendo nx annoucemnt unless we here one at the d23 but i think it to late for it now

They just announced Type-0 for PC. No reason they couldn't announce KH3 for NX at a later date.

That said, technically DQ11 is "under consideration" for NX, not an outright confirmation (though why would they bring it up otherwise?) & for all we know NX ends up getting a 3DS port instead.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Personal suspension will be that NX won't be as powerful as PS4/XB1, not even remotely.

More specifically I think NX is more of a software platform shared between their next-gen handheld & console. With any given NX game, the handheld will play a low-end version of that game while the console plays the high-end (basically 480P vs. 1080P). In order for this shared library to even work however the handheld & console would have within a certain range of one another specwise. If the console were PS4 levels of power, the handheld would have to be crazy powerful & expensive to catch up, which isn't practical for Nintendo.

Essentially what I'm seeing Nintendo doing is giving the next handheld a generation jump while the console is 2 Wii Us duct taped together. Not something that could run KH3 in any respectable capacity.

Sadly, this is what I am expecting as well. The instant I heard that it was going to be used in a way that allowed you to play console games on the go and vice-versa, I knew that it was going to have to be at a lower console power than the PS4 and XBone. It seems like Nintendo is focusing more on the handheld market than the anything else (which doesn't really surprise me given the gaming climate over in Japan, but still).

k99y77

Awards
If I remember correctly Nomura said KH3 will be on every system that could handle it (which heavily hints a PC release). So if the NX is strong enough, probably.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's possible, especially if the NX launches before KH3 and its easy to port to. I wouldn't really hold my breath though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back