• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A New Overarching Villain or....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

darknessofheart

Awards
So, with Xehanort's role as the main villain wrapped up, how would you prefer Nomura to handle the main villains of the next phase?

Would you want a main villain that takes center stage for the entire phase or have a main villain, completely independent from the others, in each game? While technically each game in phase one had different villains, they were all either a form of Xehanort, being manipulated by him, or connected to him in some way.

Most likely, everything will connect back to MoM, but I'm still not sold on him being a villain. I personally would like it if there were different fractions all plotting against each other. Maybe the foretellers go their separate ways and no longer follow the MoM after they learn how he used them and go for their own agendas.

I would prefer something different rather than one arch villain overseeing everything for the entire phase.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Most likely, everything will connect back to MoM, but I'm still not sold on him being a villain. I personally would like it if there were different fractions all plotting against each other. Maybe the foretellers go their separate ways and no longer follow the MoM after they learn how he used them and go for their own agendas.
This is pretty much what I'm expecting. We start off the next saga with all 7 of them against our lovable gang of chucklefucks, and one by one the Foretellers start to defect until we're left with just Luxu and MoM for the final battle of this saga.

darknessofheart

Awards
This is pretty much what I'm expecting. We start off the next saga with all 7 of them against our lovable gang of chucklefucks, and one by one the Foretellers start to defect until we're left with just Luxu and MoM for the final battle of this saga.
Yeah, there's huge potential for a great story there. The most interesting aspect of the X arc for me was how the Foretellers questioned the MoM and even someone as violent as Aced made some compelling arguments. I would love to see that explored further and not have them just be loyalists for the sake of it.

Sort of like the original organization: members with agendas, but on a much grander scale.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I guess one overarching villain per phase is what I'd prefer. The only downside to that is if you don't like the villain they come up with, it feels like a drag having every game revolve around them. At least that's sort of how I felt about Xehanort at the end of the first saga.

blank points

Awards
Yeah, I have to agree on the Foreteller bit. Personally, I can see them, and possibly the MoM, taking a more anti-villian like stance. As we saw in Back Cover, the Foretellers weren't exactly likable, but they were far from evil, just misled. I also agree that different factions coming into conflict would make a pretty interesting plotline if done correctly. In addition, I think this may be a chance to get Maleficent back into main villain territory as well. I know that her popularity in the series has waned a bit due to her lack of use, but I think this saga might have a way to fix this. As we saw in the ending of KH3, Maleficent now knows who has the Black Box. Luxu has clearly guarded the box with his life for over generations, but what would happen if someone as evil as Maleficent actually managed to swipe the box? I could see a plotline where the Foretellers are initially antagonistic toward the main crew, but Maleficent steals the box from them, leading the Foretellers to form an uneasy truce with the Guardians to claim back the box, which leads to the MoM having to get involved to stop Maleficent from doing anything too crazy. There is definitely a lot of potential for the villain set up in the next saga.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The Foretellers, Luxu, and possibly MoM will probably be the prominent antagonists once Sora returns from the dead. No clue how many games Phase 2 will comprise of but I could see them sticking around for the entirety. Or maybe they split up as previously mentioned and someone else takes over

I have a feeling that the Quadratum game will have a separate antagonist from them involved in Yozora's story.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Honestly I’m fine with whoever ends up being the main villain or villains as long as it isn’t multiple versions of the same person or it turns out that the Masters of Master is a future version of Sora from an alternative timeline, but I’m fine with anyone else as long as it makes sense but given this is Kingdom Hearts we’re talking about I highly doubt it will make sense.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think it would be better to have mystical forces as the main villain, like darkness and light. We already have Darkness embodiement as an official vllain character, but it would be nice to have light as well.
My personal preference would be to treat the subject of the shadows that are cast when someone's heart is too bright. It's a very deep topic that could find some echoes in our real life. If the next phase is called: the tyranny of light or something like that, I would be contempted beyond belief.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I just want a new council of Disney Villains. I want to see TV villains like Mozenrath and NOS-4-A2. I want to see Dr. Facilier interact with Madame Leota from the Haunted Mansion, I just want Disney to take back the spotlight, even if for one game. Hell I would settle for Morgana, since they love bringing back Ursula so much.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Pete and Malificent are definitely coming back even though I think Maleficent should be the only Disney villain to have an overarching plot across all the worlds. As for the fortellers ava if not KHUx’s darkness would definitely be on the guardians side along with Skuld or in this case subject x. But for the others I think that the option below is also the most likely
Most likely, everything will connect back to MoM, but I'm still not sold on him being a villain. I personally would like it if there were different fractions all plotting against each other. Maybe the foretellers go their separate ways and no longer follow the MoM after they learn how he used them and go for their own agendas
As for how ephemer fits in I can’t imagine him being a villain. I want him to be able to come back to us and hope that the key to doing that lies in quadratum, ven getting his memories back and sora‘s perceived connection to him. maybe The master of masters has something to do with ephemer’s current condition maybe he’s trapping him in the unchained state/ realm and ephemer reaching out to sora is his way of trying to either escape or ask for help. Frankly idk but it’s good to hypothesize.

darknessofheart

Awards
Yeah, I have to agree on the Foreteller bit. Personally, I can see them, and possibly the MoM, taking a more anti-villian like stance. As we saw in Back Cover, the Foretellers weren't exactly likable, but they were far from evil, just misled. I also agree that different factions coming into conflict would make a pretty interesting plotline if done correctly. In addition, I think this may be a chance to get Maleficent back into main villain territory as well. I know that her popularity in the series has waned a bit due to her lack of use, but I think this saga might have a way to fix this. As we saw in the ending of KH3, Maleficent now knows who has the Black Box. Luxu has clearly guarded the box with his life for over generations, but what would happen if someone as evil as Maleficent actually managed to swipe the box? I could see a plotline where the Foretellers are initially antagonistic toward the main crew, but Maleficent steals the box from them, leading the Foretellers to form an uneasy truce with the Guardians to claim back the box, which leads to the MoM having to get involved to stop Maleficent from doing anything too crazy. There is definitely a lot of potential for the villain set up in the next saga.
This might be the best theory I've heard about Maleficent's future role. I would love her to become a main villain again. It's clear she's not going anywhere so I would much prefer her to go back to her roots. It would finally culminate into a worthwhile role for her after several games of buildup.

Having her be the catalyst for the heroes and antiheroes joining together would be a compelling story. I would even say have Pete renounce her. He seemed to be getting tired of following her in KH3, so maybe she refuses to let him share in her power and he joins the heroes instead. I always thought of Pete as more of a bully with a hidden heart of gold when push comes to shove rather than an actual villain.

D

Deleted member 246005

I grew bored of Xehanort so different villians each game is preferable.

Granted I like Master of Masters more than Xehanort. So maybe he would change my mind?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I just want a new council of Disney Villains. I want to see TV villains like Mozenrath and NOS-4-A2. I want to see Dr. Facilier interact with Madame Leota from the Haunted Mansion, I just want Disney to take back the spotlight, even if for one game. Hell I would settle for Morgana, since they love bringing back Ursula so much.
A new council of Disney villains would be pretty cool. Would be a good reason to bring back Hades and extend his role outside of Olympus

KeyToDestiny

Awards
When it comes to original villains, I don't see them coming up with anyone that will top Xehanort or his incarnations tbh. The Lost Masters so far come off as complete idiots compared to the Norts and MoM is a joke compared to Xehanort. So if those are to be our new antagonists, then I've already lost interest. But as for Disney villains, it would be nice if Maleficent and Pete get to have higher prominence and their search for the box pays off. With how incompetent the Foretellers are, I can honestly see Maleficent and Pete stealing the box from them at some point. But other than that, I'd be more interested in a revived Disney villain council over the Lost Masters. Maybe find some way to convince Hades to cooperate once again and use other Disney villains(like Gaston).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think I'd like it to be done similar to how it was done in this phase, like there is an overarching villain, but each game would have it's own bad guy to face. Like one game is focused on the Yazora's World and it's villains the next is focused on the Foretellers, than Maleficent and her new Council rise up and finally the Master of Masters or Darkness set their true plan in motion.

Like give the characters enough time to develop, but keep the focus of the game on a story contained in the game, which just contributes to a larger narrative.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I would love a new council of Disney villains. They are truly what made the first game sing. If we could give Maleficent her own agenda and set her against the Foretellers and our heroes, maybe playing the sides against one another, that would be a dream.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've certainly warmed up to the idea of a new Disney villains council. Especially if it gets Maleficent back in a big villain seat again. And now that the series has more experience with villain cults, they'll be handled better. Seeing two evil factions against one another with a heroes group in the middle is a dynamic that Kingdom Hearts hasn't truly tackled. I know you'll bring up KH2, but once the Organization attack Hollow Bastion, Maleficent's importance became a casualty of war. I was hoping KH3 would have that when Marluxia was revealed in a early trailer with his regular eye color. Some of the coolest fights in action series are villains vs villains, anyone see Sidious vs Maul from Clone Wars? There is also the Yozora stuff to factor in, so we got options. Master of Masters doesn't even have to be used for KH4.

I don't know if we'll ever get true light fanatic villains unless it's the Zoo-Keys. It would certainly turn the series upside down for the heroes having to defend darkness, because the light is too strong and balance is thrown off in the other direction. Or if MoM's plan to get rid of Darkness is too extreme and the heroes oppose it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If Maleficent is going to form a second council then she will need a new base of operations. Which was kind of her entire goal in KH2, lol

Maybe she sets her sights on Scala ad Caelum

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
If Maleficent is going to form a second council then she will need a new base of operations. Which was kind of her entire goal in KH2, lol

Maybe she sets her sights on Scala ad Caelum
well in KH2 she planned to seize the Castle That Never Was as her new base of operations. though we haven't seen much of that place or if she and Pete actually took it over after Xenmas' defeat.

Back