• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► [a n o m a l y]: Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
A Nebula Zero, Ultima Keyblade and Shamdeo production.​

It's been a long time since I've been here. And now I come back with the telling of a new tale. Well, more like re-telling. Anomaly started out as a Kingdom Hearts RP, which evolved into a great story, but forced to end shortly. Which is why me, UK and Sham have come together to finish the story..in the form of a story! This story is seen from three different characters, from three different writers! The story is seen through Raticus(Shamdeo), Koinu(Ultima Keyblade), and Xero(Myself).

Enjoy :D

KKIINNGGDDOOMMHHEEAARRTTSS
AN OMALY
"' sic transit gloria mundi '"

“I dream a dream
No one else can dream before me.
For a dream would sound as sweet as the word
If it were to be as such.
Should the dream be what is to be less expected?
We hold onto it,
The fear of our night-wishes
Holding us together.
Still,
I’ll grab the ethereal sword that binds us
And cut through the veil.
In hopes that
One day,
Just maybe,
I’ll wake again.”

Ab Initio

Strum. Strum aloud.

He found himself running, with nothing short of breath. With him and his shortcomings culminating into what should be a spectacle of his life, he starts his journey. The young man adorned clothing that would see him through, he thought to himself. He wore a black leather vest, wearing a red wool t-shirt under that seemed to constrict around his biceps and his neck. A nice wool armband on the right of him, with sharp, blue pants made of what appears to be denim, but it escaped him. There was pocket on each side around where his knees were, and pockets where pockets should be in pants, and shoes befitting that of an adventure, in its’ black leather confines, with a cotton and wool layer on the inside, and a tightly made shoelace for the pair.

His face and black, wavy hair regarded the gentle breeze. His light tan skin and blue eyes going against the hand of nature, it was only yesterday that I left, it seems. Walking down this long dirt, road. And it kept on stretching. The blades of grass swayed with the currents, as if they were giving him that extra push. And soon, that road would end over the horizon. It was a wooden sign, worn out and eroded by time. It was too old to read, lying in the grass. But he did take notice of a small town up ahead. With a new sense of direction blowing against his metaphorical sails (or it could have just been my pants), he ran with new strength to a new destination.

The town was jovial, the young man thought to himself, walking down the cobblestone streets. The houses generally looked similar, with their painted white with the mahogany brown wooden supports showing on the outside of the houses, with clay rooftops and small steel chimneys. An old lady walked up to him slowly, taking her time. She went up to his waist, her stature faded into age. The wrinkles on her face represented her age well. Panting deeply as she arrived to him, her bright hand-made purple dress with white tassels around the shoulder area slouched on her.

“What brings you to No Man’s Land, dear boy?” she said cheerfully. Her voice had a slight weariness to it.

“No Man’s Land..?” he asked himself. He had not heard about this place, but it was to be expected, since he ever rarely went traveling.

“It is a place. Nothing more, it is. Where do you hail from, lad?”

“Twilight Town.” he said nonchalantly.

“What a beautiful place! I have visited it in my lifetime. What brings you here? You seem so far away from home.” She asked indignantly. He hesitated for a moment to reply to her inquiry, but inhaled, and regained himself.

“I’m traveling to find answers.” He said, almost in a way that he was asking himself. A brief glimmer of crimson shot through his brain, and it was gone.

“What is your name?”

“It’s Abraham.”

And with that, he left the old woman, and continued his venture into the town. He lost himself in this quiet, serene town. He took a small stop to the local bar, having rounds of drinks with the locals. The taste of it was bitter, and it went hard on his throat. But he could not compel himself from having ‘one more’. And when the azure skies turned to a nightly black, with specks of light splattered across the evening, he was fairly intoxicated. But in his mind he felt liberated.

“Er..who’s there?” he mumbled to himself, looking to his left, mouth slightly ajar. His vision was blurry, there was no doubt. He saw specks of black, purple, and a hint of yellow. He took out a small dagger from his belt and started swinging wildly at the air around him, feeling a sense of danger straighten the hairs on the back of his head. But after a minute or so of fruitless, apathy took hold as his arm that held the blade drooped down. Exhausted, he stumbled, and lost traction. Falling sideways, his vision turned pitch black, and his senses were muffled.

“Wake up, sleepy.”

Abraham awoke back at the Inn, his hair amiss. Wiping his eyes slowly, his vision came back to him. His eyes led him to a woman, a few years older than he was. She wore clothes of an adventurer as well, with her light green hair and yellow eyes, and a sincere face about her. Getting up from the lovely bed he slept, he stood confidently, brushing off the wrinkles from his clothes.

“So..what happened last night?” he said chuckling, trying to save face.

“Well, you were drunk, so I brought you here and looked after you so you didn’t make a fool out of yourself. Oh, and some Heartless came and took a random lady off the night streets. Other than that, your average night.” she said without a change of tone. Abraham looked concerned.

“Wait..did you just say Heartless?”

“Yeah. Heartless.”

“Woman, are you mad? Heartless are dangerous beings! I bet they’re probably eating the heart out of that poor lady as we speak!” he said frantically, flailing his arms wildly in the air.

“Ah, you’re an outsider, aren’t you?”

“I think that’s irrelevant to the matter at hand. That person’s in trouble!”

“No, seriously. Being the outsider you are, you probably don’t realize that it’s almost ‘the night’.”

“Eh? Go on..”

“Every five years, Heartless gather up about three or four souls and feast on them in exchange for the sparing of this village. That person was probably the last one to be gathered, and tonight is when the ceremony will take place.”

“So the village is bribing the Heartless for their safety. It all make sense..”

“See? I knew you’d–“

”..Enough sense to stop them even more!” he said raising a finger to the air. The woman tilted her head in defeat.

“Are you daft, young man? The Heartless will kill you!” she said. Abraham laughed at her warning.

“We’ll see about that.” he said with a grin, running out of the door. The village being as lively as it is, he asked the villagers about where the ceremony will take place. Eventually, he found out the answers to his question, and found out that the ceremony takes place up in an old cemetery north from the village. He prepared all day, anxiously awaiting for night to come. Sharpening his katana at the blacksmith, the woman from the Inn visited him. She gave him a dirty look, as if he was doing something illogical.

“You know what you’re doing will only end up in your death, you know that right?” she said, brushing her emerald hair off to the left. He scowled at her, looking back at his blade. Sharp as ever, he thought.

“Woman, I stand before you, to prove you wrong.” he said defiantly.

“And besides, these creatures are not of this world. Your blade will do no good against them.”

“Wow, I have come to the utter and definite conclusion that you are absolutely pessimistic about this, aren’t you?” he said, sheathing his sword. He walked towards her with an almost swagger, and rocked his index finger back and forth in disappointment, whilst shaking his head.

“I’ll tell you what. Why don’t you come with me, and see my grandiose death, hm? I’ve wanted a spectator of my supposed last battle. If it’s gonna end, I want everybody watching.” he said. For a moment, she seemed shocked. But in a sudden quiver of aggravation, she agreed.

Night came moderately, as it should have been. Abraham and the woman journeyed up the dirt road north from the village, the path winding its’ way to their destination. He knew he was getting close from the staunch smell of death that seemed to linger in his nose. And soon his place of battle was within his vision. The old, steel fence that surrounded the haven was rusted and bent. The trees turned into a cobalt black, as if turned rotten by the evil that has been laid to waste there. And the stones that marked the now gone have been worn away and scratched at, everything about the place ruined and decrepit even more, courtesy of the Heartless. Standing between a wide range of grass separating himself from the graveyard, Abraham drew his blade, and extended his sword arm as far as he can go, his blade pointed towards his foe, the blade finding a fundamental truth to its’s existence, and seeking it here.

“I call you out, Heartless! I’m ending this madness here!” he yelled, his voice echoing through the grass, making its’s way to the stones. At first, there was a brief solitude of silence. Then, the ground started to shake tumultuously. The woman slightly lost her footing, but Abraham remained firm in his stance. And through his eye, he saw it. A stream of black spewed forth from the sanctuary, shooting towards the two. But as soon as it was within range, it dispersed, and became a light, black rain. With rain, each droplet formed what is known to be a Neo-Shadow. They had short muscular bodies, with their antennae longer and more jagged then the average Shadow. No, these things were much worse. The woman took out two short swords from the sheaths around the sides of her hip in defense, looking distraught.

“So what’s the plan now?” she asked sarcastically. He simply laughed, and the laughter was gone faster than it came.

“Isn’t it obvious?” he asked her, a Neo-Shadow leaping in for the attack. Catching it in the corner of his eye, he dragged his weapon across the ground and severed the dark creature down the middle, mid-air.

“Such speed..!” she remarked, as Abraham went to work.

Another one came, but he rotated on his right foot, and cut through from behind. Another one came, but he parried its’ blow and cleaved right on through. And with a graceful leap, he lopped the head of an un-expecting one. They both fought with vigor, black splattering back and forth like paint. A full moon hung above their heads amongst a crowd of stars that watched them, Abraham struck the final blow, swinging his sword almost like a golf player on a knocked down Shadow. The woman panted heavily, but Abraham had a look of dissatisfaction drawn on his face.

“Where’d you learn to fight like that? I’ve never seen someone with such skill with a blade.” she asked, drawing breath slowly.

“Practice..nothing more.” he said, almost muttering. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to boast of his skills, but more so that not even he could point out how he was able to develop such skill.

“Well, if anything I thank you. Now let’s get th–“

”Hold on.” he said, holding up his hand to her in the request of silence. He closed his eyes and focused on a strange sound that pestered him in the confines of his ear. It sounded like a screech at most, but smaller. The sound was grinding within itself, and his eyes opened when he realized where it was coming from.

“Look out!” he said to her, but it was too late. A large, dark tentacle shot out from underneath, with a few more following suit. Abraham managed to dodge them, but the woman was at its’s mercy, caught in its’ vice-like grip. The creature presented itself to him. It wore a giant, skull-like mask with the symbol of the Heartless on its’ forehead, it’s mouth oozing with its’ own purple-like filth. The tentacles all round it were stretched from its large, oblong body. And in its’ harrowing malevolence, it unleashed a bellow that rocked the earth, even stirring the people back at the village. Picking himself up from the floor, he wiped a smudge of blood from the bottom of his lower lip, managing to keep his composure under the shaky earth, staring down a creature far more larger than he.

“A little help here would be nice, outsider!” she yelled in the captivity of the massive monstrosity.

“Well..aren’t you an ugly little bugger.” he said to himself, gripping onto his katana. With a look of ice-cold determination, he leapt towards the creature, the moon shining against his sword. And as if nature complied with his plight, the light that shined on his sword enveloped the blade. In mid-air, in a state of little emergency, he looked at her, just as he was about to make impact.

“By the way..”

“Call me Abraham.”

In one leaping dash, his moon-golden blade cut asunder the beast, Abraham on the other side, the light slowly dwindling from his sword. The woman fell a short way, caught in a sense of astonishment of what she just witnessed. Abraham simply stood tall, and sheathed his sword in a calm fashion.

“He killed it with one swing!..could he be..?” she muttered to herself, sheathing her swords as well. Without saying a word, they picked up the three unconscious women from the cemetery and made their way back to the village. It was dawn.

Coming back, they were greeted with a joy no one else can match, now free of their curse. The old woman, everyone at the bar, everyone in general deeply thanked the two for their service. “We cannot express how grateful we are.” said the old lady, a look of happiness on her face Abraham had not seen before. Turning to find the woman, he could not. She had disappeared, like the passing wind. For a moment, he returned their joy with a simple smile, but in his simplicity, he found himself distraught. His face began to twitch, and it began to worsen. And in the mayhem of light, he fainted. And his world turned black.

Abraham awoke outside of the village. The smell of brimstone filled his nostrils, his eyes opening. But not even he could comprehend what he saw. The village was destroyed. There was barely anything to call a house anymore. And in the rubble, the bodies of the villagers laid, charred black. And in the sea of bodies, Abraham caught a glimpse of purple in the rubble. He clutched his heart. What happened? He thought. It must’ve been the Heartless, he said to himself. Even after saving the village, he ultimately could not protect those he had saved. So picking himself up from the ground, he continued his journey, down that long, lonesome dirt road he had been so familiar with, daring himself not to look back.

What an adventure this shall be, he thought to himself.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, KHInsider :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back