• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► A Modest Proposal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
For the kids in here who want to read the true pinnacle of satire, instead of occupying themselves with shit like Twilight and City of Ember and all that other crap that kids are reading nowadays, please read Johnathon Swift's hilarious essay, "A Modest Proposal: For Preventing the Children of Poor People in Ireland from Being a Burden to Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Public"

I'm sure the majority of people in here have read this(or at least, I hope so. I read this years ago.), but if you haven't, then do so immediately.

Truth's_Bond

Website
www.myspace.com
I've read this in my AP class. At first, I didn't even know he was implying eating children XD. I usually miss these kinds of things until the last moment. My friend told me that, and I was so surprised!

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
the true pinnacle of satire indeed!

:'D

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends; and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter"~

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
For the kids in here who want to read the true pinnacle of satire, instead of occupying themselves with shit like Twilight and City of Ember and all that other crap that kids are reading nowadays, please read Johnathon Swift's hilarious essay, "A Modest Proposal: For Preventing the Children of Poor People in Ireland from Being a Burden to Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Public"

I'm sure the majority of people in here have read this(or at least, I hope so. I read this years ago.), but if you haven't, then do so immediately.

Swift was a genius, and his "modest" proposal shall be forever praised as the classical example of satire. I think everyone should read this as a mandatory part of English class.

That being said, learn how to spell his name properly, lol.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards

Haha, oh man I love that work.

Screw potatoes, we has children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back