• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Midsummer Night's Dream - Spring and Summer, Actualy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, looks like I'm starting things off. I wasn't going to do this one first, but he insisted!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And now, my customary list of challenges.

Stories Completed:

20 Minutes or Less
Trapped in an Elevator/Traffic (Alley)
Psychological
Dearly Beloved
4th of July
Three Day Challenge
Song

Stories to be Completed:

You're First/Last - Angels of the Apocalypse
Hospital - Demon Hunters
Retelling/HISHE - Zootopia
I'm Coming Home - FF VII
Detective/Murder Mystery - Spirits of the Divine
Crossover - Just One Yesterday
Past, Present, Future - The Lightbringer
Hero or Villain - Spirits of the Divine
24 Hours - Angels of the Apocalypse
A Choice - Angels of the Apocalypse
Usernames - Aeronaut Society
Fantasy - Alliance Chronicles
Confessions - Angles of the Apoclypse
Road Trip - ?Demon Hunters?
What Frightens You? - Fullmetal Alchemist

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ready or Not

This was achingly beautiful. Having someone sacrifice themselves to free another person from someone else's control, especially a tyrant king is mind blowing to me. Everything about this was perfect from start to finish. I felt like it told so much without having to use more words than it already did. I feel bad for the man having to lose the girl he loves, who he tumbled with to defy the king and his fate. I suppose it's the optimism part of me that hopes he can somehow prevent her from dying there in his arms, yet at the same time, I'm okay with it. All in all, I wish I could read more of it. <3

And I'm really excited about your list of challenges too!

AuroraX

Awards
All I gotta say is, "I want moreeee."
I love the fantasy feel it had. I think you did a good job on the emotion as well.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Probably a loose interpretation of being trapped somewhere, but the only reason that this piece happens is cause they got cornered. This is a scene from the end of chapter 88 in The Blinding Knife, the second book in The Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks. I switched POV's so it's from Cruxer's instead of Kip's. Some spoilers involved, but not too many. Check out the series if you've got a chance to; it's awesome, but it rips your heart out constantly. Also, Kip and Breaker both reference the same person; Kip is his given name, but Breaker is his Blackguard name. Cruxer, I'm sorry...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Fate's Written Ending

I'll have to read the Lightbringer series eventually. I feel a bit sad for Cruxer losing the love of his life. It didn't seem like anything could go wrong until the bitter end. I do ponder why they couldn't have relationships, or why someone would hope a person would fail in order to make it possible? Admittedly, I feel like I'd know a lot more about or have the answers to my questions, if I read the series myself. xD Of course, I did enjoy reading this a lot too.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
School, yech. Anyway, here's my next piece, a day later than I wanted to put it up. It contains setup for one of my later pieces I'm doing; the set up for this one was done in my murder mystery prompt from last year. I was going to continue it just a little further, but by the end, it hurt too much to keep writing. Cyrus, I'm sorry...

And if you decide you want some music to fit the mood, in a slightly different way than how the song was originally intended, click the link: It Is What it Is by Lifehouse

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Was Only Trying to Save Me

How you torture me with this one, Dream. The near kiss to the sudden guilt of what happened, pains my heart so much for these two. You brought out the hopeless romantic in me, because I got a little too excited at the late night visit to see Juliet. I really hope Cyrus can find a way to help her walk again. And Juliet, she was brave for getting in the way to save his life, because it speaks volumes of her love for him. Furthermore, the way you set everything up from start to finish is outstanding.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I passed my math final; I'm done with school until the end of August! In celebration, here's my next piece, one that's so long overdue, it's not even funny. Yes, it's my romance piece, even though it starts off with a possession and has an exorcism part way through! Also, if you decide you'd like music to go with this. I Wanna Feel Something by Trace Adkins.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyway, time for work. Blech; I'll see about some form of writing over the next couple of days. Later!

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Normally I don't double post, but since this is my 4th of July fic, I wanted to put this one up today. Damn, I know it's a forgone conclusion, just considering the piece is set in my Night Angel story, but it's been ripping my heart out for the last several months. So, I'm just gonna park this right here, go back earlier in the Revolution, and have Daniel give Rebecca that big ol' hug she desperately needs by the end...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
La-di-dah, my computer really effed this one up and double posted, so just ignore this one! *goes back to working on the next chapter for Just One Yesterday because she REALLY needs something happy after crying while writing the last part of that piece*

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
When Did I Get so Cold?

THIS IS MY FAVORITE! Of the two you've done, I felt my heart ache because, I know what it's like to have doubts and self loathing like Eric does. And just the way Sky believes in him... it really speaks to me on an emotional level that makes me want to cry without explanation. I'm so happy this didn't end up in heart break and tragedy. I was holding my breath when Eric was fighting back to reclaim his own body against Mammon because, I was afraid Mammon would succeed in hurting Sky right before Eric's eyes. The fight scene itself with Sky against Mammon was really cool too. Seriously, I can't get enough of this chapter and this pairing right now. <3 I hope Eric's idea works in order to save everyone else!

All She had Left of Him

Rebecca being so strong while carrying their child is awe inspiring and heart breaking at the same time. I feel bad for her because, the love of her life died after fighting against his own brother. I really hope their child turns out to be a girl and spared the fate both her father and uncle had shared. If not, I hope with all hope they find the Kingsword to break such a curse. Either way, this was a really moving piece you've made, Dream.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
My favorite between those last two was the one with Eric and Sky, too, probably because, just like Eric, I don't see myself very clearly. Thanks for the reviews!

~--------~

Okay, here's the start of my 3 Day. It follows a scene from the game Tales of the Abyss, but I kind of messed around with it a little. If you want music, this is what I used while writing it: The Safest Place by LeAnn Rimes. Hope you enjoy!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~--------~

Blagh, this part didn't want to turn out AT ALL. Sorry for the low quality in comparison to other pieces. Part three should be up earlier tomorrow since I need to be at work by this time tomorrow night. And again, if you want music, here you go: Twin Skeletons by Fallout Boy

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The Safest Place

Tear and Luke are my OTP in Tales of the Abyss. I'm really sad to know Luke might die if, they can't find a way to cure his fonons from separating. And Tear being in love with him is so painfully obvious, including how he feels about her that it hurts so much to see them struggle to be together in the way they want to. Luke has come a long way and you've really hit the nail head on with Luke's guilt about killing soldiers. It's a wonder how either Luke or Tear stayed strong with the struggles they've went through. And apart of me squealed because, it felt so right seeing Luke embrace Tear like that. Or Tear singing to Luke despite what the song meant to her. Definitely one of my favorite stories you've done thus far, Dream. <3

Twin Skeletons

I wonder if Asch lives in this story, or perhaps, he dies like he does in the game. If I remember right. Luke and Asch fighting against each other was well done because, you could feel the conviction they were both fighting for. The fact that Luke went with knocking Asch sword down was really moving and emotional for me because, it's obvious how much Asch means to Luke, and Luke didn't want to kill him just so he could be the one to fight Van. And it was kind of touching to see Asch make a promise. I don't know if he'll keep it, but I'm happy to see he was being his usual self despite being at his limits in his fight against Luke, and doesn't want to die from a bunch of soldiers. Either way, I'm dying in anticipation to see what happens next because, if this continues into your next day challenge, I'm going to read it as soon as possible! <3 Bravo on both of these challenges, Dream! C:

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
*reads what you put up; starts laughing almost hysterically* Cinder, honey, you know me; this story has no possible ending except down the path of pain! T_T

Speaking of ending, here's the last part of my three day. And here's some music to go with it: Goodbye to the Girl by David Cook

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm going to see about trying to get the next chapter for Just One Yesterday up this week, because the next couple of challenges I want to do are involved in that universe. After everything I've been doing for the Summer prompts, I need a straight shot of happy and squee, and that's what this line up is with JOY. Anyway, laters! *goes back to trying to find her 3DS so she can finish killing everyone on her copy of ToA, too*

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Goodbye to the Girl

You really captured Asch in his final moments. I wish he could've survived and let down his guard more around Natalia. They're also a pair I was rooting for. This really breaks my heart because of how much his Wild Cat meant to him. The fact that Asch deep down wanted to be by her side and hold onto his promises with her. Furthermore, this is so much like the actual game except with more in depth about how Asch feels about everything. I briefly forgot Asch could control Luke, but I like that Natalia was his reason for not doing it again. Otherwise, this was a fantastic story and a good place to end it, Dream. <3 I'll admit, I'm cautiously optimistic about your stories, because I never know if you'll switch it up and do a happy on me or not. xD

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, my summer got trashed, so I wasn't able to complete all of my challenges like I normally do. However, I do have one final one, and I'll get the others up by and by just because the ideas are good. This one's because, after everything I put him through the last two years, Toothless finally gets to be badass. Sorry for how quickly cobbled together this is, but I hope you enjoy!

Song: My Demons: by Starset

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
My Demon's

I almost feared this one would truly end in their demise! I'm pleased to see I was wrong. Toothless overcoming the ice to save himself and Hiccup was the best part. I have no idea if this is what happens in the movie, but gosh, what an ordeal they've both faced together. I'm glad Hiccup forgave Toothless for slaying his father down, and they could both become Alpha of dragons and Vikings alike! Definitely the best part of the whole story. And this gave me a roller coaster of feelings too. Well done, Dream. C:

And I'm sorry your summer didn't turn out exactly how you would've liked it, Dream. This was still amazing for a final entry for this year's contest! And I look forward to anything else you post up that you had ideas on too. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back