• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain waited for Emma to come out of the bathroom. It was a special dinner tonight and according to Emma she had to look perfect. Dwain never understood why women always had to be perfect just to eat, especially if it was with your family. Finally Emma came out in a red dress that stopped at her knees. She looked radiant. Her blond curls danced along her face and her red lips made her smile bright. "Are you ready?", she smiled. He stood there gawking at her beauty, "Yes." He returned the smile and took her hand. There was a cab waiting for them when they got downstairs. "Where are we going?", he asked not sure of what he wanted to accutally eat. "Somewhere fabulous.", she laughed. Dwain looked at her for the longest moment taking in her smile. "What?", she grinned. "You look beautiful. Absolutly stunning.", he held her hand. She giggled and then kissed his cheek. "I hope you enjoy yourself tonight.", Emma said. "I will.", he reassured her.

dark invader

I love your story! It inspires me with some of the things that I'm writing, and even though I don't post my stories here, reading your story has definately helped me develop as a writer. Also, I just love your story in general! Post a new chapter soon! Oh, and let me know if we are actually going to continue that rp, because if we are, I need to repost my template. ^_^

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain held Emma's arm as they headed into the restaurant. Emma smiled like a queen, even people passing her had to turn for one last look. When they reached the table she ran over to her mother who she squeezed. "Oh mom I am so happy to see you.", her smile grew. Her mother smiled kissing her daughter's cheek. Dwain walked over closer to the women. "MOm this is my fiance!", she pulled Dwain's arm to come closer. Emma's mother was the spitting image of her daughter. Dwain smiled in his mind knowing that Emma would still look ravishing years from now. "Hi Dwain, it's so nice to finally meet you.", She came closer and hugged him. He smiled looking at her, "It's nice to finally meet you as well." Everyone sat down at the table and chatted about their day. "Mom, when will Dad be coming in?", Emma asked looking at her mother. "Well......I'm not sure, he hasn't truly answered. But I have been asking him time and time again. I promise.", her mother responded squeezing Emma's hand. Emma gave a faint smile and then looked down at her lap. All of a sudden they heard a clanging. Everyone looked up to see Emma's Aunt tapping her fork on her wine glass. "Can I have your attention?", she smiled widely. "I am so happy we could all meet tonight for this huge occasion. I remember when Emma was a girl standing beside her mother in the kitchen baking cookies. Her blond curls bouncing around her face as she threw flour around.", she began to laugh. "NOw she is getting married. Time sure has flew by." Her aunt smiled at her. "Congratulations hunny.", she raised her glass. Everyone at the table toasted as well, when out of the laughter his voice was heard. Everyone turned except for Emma, she kept her gaze on her red dress. She heard everyone talk and giggle. She knew who was here and needed to keep her gaze from his piercing eyes. Emma felt his hand touch her shoulder as he passed her, he sat next to her mother. "Aww, it's so sweet that you came Benjamin, I didn't think you would come.", Emma's aunt said. Emma's mother smiled, "Hi Ben." Ben kissed her hand as he sat next to her. He was charming, everything a girl could want. He could melt your heart in one glance. Emma steadily looked at the candle flame in front of her. She could feel his stare, and tried to act preoccupied. She turned to Dwain and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry.", she whispered in his ear. Dwain looked at her, "Yeah I know." He looked at her with loving eyes knowing that it wasn't her fault. She gave a little smile and turned to look at her aunt. Her aunt sat there smiling at her with a suspicious glare. Emma turned back to the candle.

Dinner continued as the family chatted. No one seemed to pay attention any longer to the earlier tension in the room. By this time everyone was getting drunk and couldn't stop laughing. Emma's uncle was completely gone and sat there laughing at every little thing, her aunt wasn't far from him. Emma's mother sat there sipping her champaigne, smiling at her sister. Emma wasn't feeling so strange anymore, and was beginning to enjoy herself. Dwain excused himself to the restroom and retreated towards the door. After he had left the table, Emma herself excused herself. She began walking from the table to get some air, because the cigar smoke was like a cloud. Benjamin watched as Emma walked out and shortly followed. Emma opened the door and wrapped her shaw around her, breathing in the deep air of the night. She heard the door open but didn't look back not caring to who it may have been. "You look beautiful, just as I remembered.", were the words she heard. She could feel his eyes, and she took a deep breath. All the feelings from long ago came back like a rush. He came closer to her, he was so close she could feel the warmth from his body. Emma turned, "Ben, why are you here?" He smiled looking at her, "I came to see you and congratulate you on your new life." Emma found herself being caught in his eyes. Memories came flooding back to her, a time when she was carefree and young in love. He was her first love, and for the longest time she thought he would be her only. Now she found herself standing there and looking into the past. "Ben, I appreciate it but I wish you wouldn't keep popping up. YOu're making it akward for Dwain.", she found it hard to swallow. Benjamin looked down at the ground for a minute. The wind started to blow against her skin. She pulled her shaw closer to her body to keep out the chill. He noticed that she was cold and took off his jacket, placing it around her. "I'm sorry.....I didn't mean to have caused trouble for you.", he said close to her. "I will leave you. Good night Emma.", he looked at her once more before walking into the street. Emma watched as he walked away, like so many memories she had of him. Trying to compose herself, she walked back into the restaurant. Emma found her seat again and sat down, she never noticed that Dwain was watching her every move. "Are you okay?", he asked whispering to her. "Yeah I am fine, I needed to get some air.", she smiled. He nodded and began to eat his dessert. No one even noticed that Benjamin had left, and Emma sat in silence.

The two sat in the cold of the evening. They had been traveling all day, going from one train to another trying to get farther and farther from the life they ran from. They sat there in the night eating some bread they had bought from a little shop. AVa looked at Paul, his face was still bruised and his lip still cut. "Are you alright?", she asked, knowing the truth. "I don't know what to do....or where to go. I should have never asked you to go with me. You had a good life and I ruined it.", he wouldn't look her into the eyes. Ava looked down and thought for a moment. She placed her hand on his shoulder, "I chose to run with you, I chose you Paul, so don't start leaving me now." Paul looked over to her and kissed her fore head. Ava missed her son, she longed to hold him, and she would soon. Those are the thougts she held onto, even if they didn't make it, she would get home to her son. But for now, and tonight she would stay with Paul, she loved this man. He was someone who was willing to lose everything just to be with her. Ava placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.She thought about Dwain and if he was getting ready to start his life with Emma. She wondered how Frannie had taken her letter, and if Lucas was watching over her. They filled her mind as she slipped into a sleep and was soon dead to the world.

Last edited:

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava woke up to the sound of a train whistle in the distance. She looked around and saw that Paul was no longer sitting next to her. She needed a moment to focus her eyes. She saw a little house near the river, but she didn't know who would live there. Ava got up from the spot that was her bed, she looked around for Paul, but he was no where in sight. Feeling hungry she decided to take a look around and walked towards the house. It was pretty run down and cobwebs filled the corners of the porch. She cupped her hands over her eyes so she could look in the windows. Ava didn't hear anyone inside and didn't see anyone. "Where did he go?", she looked around again before sitting on the old chair beside the door. She heard a rustle in the grass and turned to see a man who looked to be the age of her grandfather. A hint of panic began to raise in her chest, did she need to run or wait it out. She didn't even know where to run. The man stopped at seeing her sitting on his porch, then he shook his head and walked closer. He walked up the steps and stood in front of the door. Then after pausing for a moment he looked at Ava. "What do you want?", he asked in a heavy German accent. "Umm....I'm sorry I wasn't sure if anyone was living here, I got lost and wasn't sure where I was going. I'm sorry I will leave.", Ava got up from the chair and started down the stairs of the porch. The old man watched her get up and leave the porch, "Hey girl. Are you hungry?" Ava stopped and turned. She didn't know if she should really go with him but didn't fear for her life in anyway. "Yes sir, that would be nice.", she said fitting her hands together. "Eh..sir....don't call me that, it makes me sound old. Come inside." He opened the door and left it open for her to follow. Ava obidently followed him in, but looked around for Paul again. After seeing he wasn't going to show up she went inside the little old house and closed the door behind her.

Emma woke up to see the sun shining in the window. She looked over at Dwain who was still sleeping soundly. She slipped out of the bed and got dressed. She wrote him a little note and laid it on the table beside him. Emma was going to go out for alittle while to soak up the morning light. She kissed his forehead and tiptoed out the door, before shutting it she looked at him and smiled. Couples strolled together holding hands and laughing. Emma thought about Dwain, he was a wonderful man and made her happy. He loved her and she knew that to be true. She couldn't figure out why she was filling blue about this all. Her mind was jumbled into a million different pieces. She loved Dwain and wanted to live her life with him, but there was something tugging at her heart. The very thing she was scared of, her past coming too close for comfort. There was something deceitful in the way her aunt was acting when Benjamin had shown up. Emma couldn't shake the feeling that Benjamin's coming was a set up. She could feel the pain in her heart starting to pierce her soul. Emma shook her head knowing that her aunt wanted her to be with Benjamin. Benjamin was charming, he had charisma and style. He knew what he wanted and would get it, he wasn't one to let the thing he wanted most go. She wasn't sure if Benjamin just came for her aunt's regard or for his own reasons. She thought back to when he was the only she loved and ever truly wanted.

They sat on the bench in the little park not far from her aunt's house. The two held hands looking into each other's faces. Emma was 17 and he was 19. They had met each other a year ago at a church service she had attended with her aunt every sunday. Benjamin Jaque was the minister's nephew and was well known with the area. "Emma.....did I ever tell you that I love you?", he looked at her with a smile. "No, you never have.", she smiled. He leaned in and kissed her. "Come on let's get out of here.", he said getting up from the bench and pulling her up. "Okay.", she said not thinking twice about where they were going or what they would do. He pulled her behind the wall of trees near the creek. He held her and kissed her bringing her to the ground. Emma picked up her clothes and got dressed. She went and sat under the trees to wait for Benjamin. He sat down beside her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Emma smiled at him still holding the cross necklace around her neck that her father gave her. "We better go, I am expected for dinner soon.", Emma said getting upr from the ground. She tried to smooth the wrinkles from her dress. Benjamin got up and pulled her hands to his chest. "It's okay, you look fine. I promise.", he looked into her eyes. She smiled and released a breath. She felt relived and smiled. "Come on I will walk you home.", he placed his arm around her.

A month later the two sat together on that same bench. "I have something to say.", He said holding her hand. "What?", Emma said with a small grin on her face. "I have to go for a month, my uncle is wanting me to accompany my cousin to Ireland.", he stopped looking down at the ground. "Oh.....I see.", she said looking at their hands together. "I will be back in a month, I promise, and then we will be together again.", he said pulling her chin up with his finger. "When are you leaving?", she asked with tears building in her eyes, she tried hard to keep them in. " Tomorrow.", he answered simply. "Oh thanks for telling me.", she said getting up from the bench. "Emma....", he said looking up at her. "NO it's fine, have a nice trip.", She walked away and didn't look back. The next morning she woke up and her aunt handed her the letter. Emma opened it and read it to herself.

Emma,
I know you don't understand what is going on or why I have to leave. I'm sorry that I cannot say for it's not my business. I wish you wouldn't have left so abruptly yesterday but I know that you were upset. I will be back in a month, and I hope you can wait for me. Remember me in your thoughts and your dreams.

I love you,
Ben

Emma waited for a month, she stood in front of the church. Emma opened the door and saw Benjamin's uncle standing at the pulpit. "Excuse me, I'm sorry to disturb you, but I was wondering when Ben will be coming in?", she said looking up at him. He looked up from his bible and then stepped down. "Emma, I'm afraid that Benjamin will not be returning. He has decided to stay in Ireland.", he said coming towards her. "Oh, may I ask what keeps him?", she said afraid to look at his face. "He has found someone there. He has become very accustomed there.", he answered seeing the tears fall down her cheek. Emma nodded and bowed before leaving the church. Emma cried all the way home, she wanted to be alone so she went to the spot by the creek. She sat there holding her knees crying her pain away.

For year after Emma always hoped that Benjamin would come back, but he never returned. She thought about sending him a letter but never gave in. She decided to turn her focus on to something better, becoming a nurse. That's when she decided to enlist as a nurse. She moved to her mother's and started her life to become part of something bigger.

Emma shuddered at thinking of the past. It was so clear that she was still in love with Benjamin, but she loved Dwain. "I'm not going to let this get like this, I'm going to marry the man I love in a few weeks.", she said reassuring herself.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Thanks Haku!! I really appreciate you continuing to post and comment!

The old man fried some kind of meat that filled the house with its aroma. Ava's stomach began to growl louder than usual. She was happy to have a meal, it had been awhile since she ate last and was ready to eat. The notion that Paul was now looking for her began to fill her mind. She could hear calling, but didn't want to rush out of the house leaving the man confused. She simply waited until the voice got closer before looking out. The old man looked over his shoulder out the window, " I think he's looking for ya." He had a faint smile on his face. She was so intrigued by his heavy accent, Paul's voice wasn't that accented. Ava got up from the table and walked out to the porch, Paul was looking at her confused. He walked closer to her, "I was wondering where you had gone, you worried me." His tone getting a little aggrivated. "You were wondering where I was? You're the one that disappeared with out saying where you were.", Ava crossed her arms across her chest. Paul looked at her realizing that he had stepped on her toes. "I'm sorry, I just went to take a look around, I thought I would have got back before you woke.", he said looking like a little kid getting scolded. "Well next time think about it before you start to run off. I'm going to go eat now.", she said turning and going back into the house. Paul stood there confused by Ava's approach and the way she seemed to be comfortable at this house. "You can come in.", He heard a deep man's voice yell from inside. Paul took a pause but then started to walk up the stairs of the porch. "Grab a chair.", the man ushered to him. He placed a plate in front of Ava and then sat one in the place designated to him. Paul nodded and then took a seat. For the longest time the only sound heard was the sound of their forks hitting their plates. "So where are you two headed?", the man said looking at the two strangers he let eat his food. Paul looked at Ava who continued to eat her breakfast. "Well we are just kind of looking around, we might be heading to Poland.", he looked at the old man and then back down to his plate. "Ah......why are you running?", he said now placing his gaze on Ava. She looked up at him with a smile. She never answered not sure of what she should say. Paul stalled the question as long as he could before the gaze was on him again, "Well sir, I need to get away.", he said looking back down. "You deserted did ya now.", the man said more in a comment rather a question. Paul was afraid to look in his eyes. Ava looked at the old man and then Paul."You are an American I see.", his eyes looked towards Ava, "Yes sir I am." The old man began to laugh. Ava and Paul sat there in silence while the man had his moment of humor. "Don't worry you two I won't tell a soul I saw ya.", he smiled again.

Emma and her mother walked around the garden behind the fancy house. They talked about the wedding and the wonderful life that Emma would have. "He's wonderful Emma.", her mother said holding her daughter's arm. "Yes he is.", she smiled happy she met someone like him. "Benjamin is around alot.", her mother said stopping and looking at her. "Yes I know.", was all Emma could muster to say. "Emma I know you two have a past together, but please don't let him get in the way of your happiness.", her mother moved the hair from Emma's face. "Mom I love Dwain there is nothing else between Benjamin and I. It's so long ago.", she said walking away from her mom and towards the flowers. "Of course dear, I'm sorry.", her mother said looking at Emma standing there touching the flowers. Emma's mother knew Emma and knew her feeling towards Benjamin, deep down he still had her heart even if Emma did't realize it.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava and Paul finished their breakfast with the old man and said their goodbyes. They made their way through the trees and tried to keep out of sight to the town, "Paul, are we going to Poland?" Ava asked as they walked dodging tree limbs and rocks. "Umm I don't know, Ava I don't even have a plan.", he looked back at her. Ava paused for a moment, "So if there is no plan, and we have no money or food or a place to go, how are we supposed to keep out of sight?" Paul stopped and turned slowly, "Ava, I never planned to run from the military, I never thought that I'd be in this position. I didn't ask for this. Don't you understand?" Ava looked at him for a second, "You're right, sorry for trying to think about the future." "Hey you chose to come with me, no one was forcing you.", he said, with his blond hair blowing over his eyes. "No one forced me, but I thought........."she said stopping. "You what?", he asked looking her in the eyes. "Never mind.", she said looking down at the ground. "Let's keep going before we lose day light.", he said turning and walking away.

Hours went by and the two walked in silence. Paul was walking in front of her, and never looked back. Ava hated this, everything about it. She was dreading why she ever decided to leave her life and follow someone who didnt even know where they were going. She stopped walking and watched Paul as he continued. Not hearing her footsteps behind him he turned, "Why are you standing there?" "What are we doing?", she asked looking at him. "Not again.", he simply said. "Paul, we are walking blind, how do you propose we make it, especially when you deserted, and I left my job?", Ava asked with her arms out. "I don't know, okay. Don't worry about it.", he said simply. "I have a son waiting for me Paul, I have family in the US, what do you expect me to do about all that?", she asked. "We can bring Luke with us. We will be happy.", he said coming closer. "Where are we going to live?", she asked looking him in the eyes. "Does it matter?", he asked. "I can't pull Luke from my family, he's attached now, it would be awful to tear him away from them.", Ava looked at the leaves blowing around her. "Ava, I would never want to tear you away from your son, I love you and will follow you to the ends of the world.", he came closer to her bringing her closer to him. "I know.", was all she said leaning her head on his chest.

Emma finished her tea at a little stand, and began walking towards the shop where she would get the flowers for the wedding. She was looking at the brilliant colors when she felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Benjamin standing there. "Hello Em.", he said with a smile. "Hi Ben.", she said returning the smile. "Good choice, the colors are magnificant, they will really liven it up.", he chucked a little. "Yes they will, besides it will be a festive time.", she said with a grin. "So.....where is your fiance?", he looked around. "He's fishing with my uncle and cousin.", she said holding back a smile. “Oh that sounds like fun.”, he smiled with his charm. “Em, I wanted to apologize to you for how it ended… I never wanted to hurt you. I loved you then, and I love you now, not that it matters now. You’re happy and about to be married. I was stupid and foolish to have let you go. I was young and dumb. I know it’s pointless in telling you this now. I’m sorry for it all and for rambling now.”, he said looking down at her. “Ben….it was so long ago, it doesn’t matter now. We are alright, we can be friends you know.”, she looked up at him with a smile. “Yeah I know.”, Emma could see the deep wanting and sadness on his face. He truly did love her now as he did then. “Well I better be going, Dwain is waiting, but I’m sure I will see you.”, she smiled faintly. “Yes. Bye Em.”, he held out his hand. “Bye Ben.”, she said shaking his hand before walking away into the glow of the dreary sky.

NYC16

Unforgetable
A week had gone by, wedding plans were going full stop, and that was all that was on everyone's minds. Emma was thrilled as the ribbons and pearls were being put together. "Oh it's going to be beautiful!!", she said as she walked over to her mother. "I know it's lovely.", her mother smiled back. Dwain walked into the room where all the women were congragating, "I see I have found the retreat." He laughed at his joke as Emma came running up to him, "What are you doing here?" Her smile was like a glow, she was so happy to see him, it had been days since she last saw him because of his fishing trip. "Is it a bad thing to want to come see you after a week?", he smiled looking at the woman he loved. "No I guess not. Umm....I was looking at the rsvp list, Frannie has replied but Ava has yet to confirm.", she looked at him puzzled. "Maybe she has been busy.", he said trying to reassure her. "Or maybe she is just not coming. I don't think Ava likes me very much.", Emma said looking down at the ring on her finger. "Why?", he asked. "I know that you two were close, and now that we're getting married, I don't think she really wants to be in your life or mine.", Tears filled her eyes. "I only ever wanted her to like me." Dwain held her hands, "Ava is not like that. She's never been quite the same since she lost her beau. You must look over her. I know her, she's not one to end a friendship over something like this.", he pulled her closer hoping to cast away her fears.

After searching for a phone and trying to find the number for the hospital he was finally able to connect. "HI Dwain, wow it's so nice to hear from you, especially you being a busy groom to be and all.", Frannie's voice said on the other line. "Yeah it's been crazy. Congratulations on your own wedding, sorry we couldn't get out there for it.", he said happy to hear his friend's voice again. "Oh it's alright, it was a small gathering anyway.", she said, leaving an awkward pause. "Hey Fran, why hasn't Ava replied to the RSVP? I know she was upset with me but I didn't think that she would ignore me all together.", he said with pain in his throat. He cared about Ava with all his being and hated the thought that she didn't want to see him ever again. "Dwain.....", Frannie said her voice trailing off. "What?", he asked confused by the pause. "I don't know how to say this or how to explain it.", she stopped again. "Is she okay? What happened?", worry began to fill him. "Oh Dwain I don't know. When I came back from my honeymoon I found a letter in my room. Ava wasn't around so I thought maybe she had went into town or something, but as I read it I knew she wasn't coming back. She left Dwain, she told me to give her notice about her job. I'm so sorry Dwain...I wish I knew more.", Frannie said with tears, he could hear her sadness on the phone. "So you're saying she just up and left, without telling you were she was going or why?", he was so confused by the news of Ava's mysterious disappearance. "Yes...it's not like Ava, but I think she's confused that's all.", she said sighing into the phone. "About what?", he asked. "She think she's in love, but I think it's a bad idea. I was worried from the beginning but even when I told her how I felt about it, she told me she was okay and not to worry.", Frannie said her sadness coming out. "What...her in love with who?", Dwain was startled by this news and a twinge of jealousy cut into his side. "His name is Paul....he's a german officer.", were the only words she could say. "Apparently he's the one who spared her before little Luke was born." Dwain listened to what Frannie had told him. "Oh....well Frannie it was nice talking to you. Take care.", he waited for her to say she was sorry and then goodbye before he hung up the line. Dwain stood there gripping his chest, she was gone from his life forever, and he didn't know how to handle it.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava and Paul heard people yelling loudly from a far. Ava looked at Paul with a scared face not knowing what was going on. Paul held her hand afraid of what may be going on. He ushered her to stay where she was as he moved towards the edge of the tree line. He could see people lined up in a row. Men, women, and children stood holding all they owned, holding on to one another in fright. Paul closed his eyes as he heard shots and then all fell silent. All the lives that once stood there were no longer. Paul walked away holding his face with his hand not knowing what to say. Ava could fear the pain fill her chest, she wanted to sob. She knealt down to her knees and closed her eyes. She brought her hands to her chest and began to pray. Pray for those who had just died and for Paul and for herself hoping they would make it out alive.

Dwain walked into the room that Emma sat with some friends. He gave her a little grin before leaving the room. He didn't want to tell Emma about Ava's leaving. Partly he didn't want to believe it himself but knew it had to be true. He needed some air and wanted to breathe, it felt like he had been stuck in the room for days and needed an escape. He put on his jacket and began to take a walk down the street. He looked for a place that was serene. He found a bench in the park where the Eiffle Tower could be seen in the distance. He couldn't help but wonder where Ava had run and why. She wouldn't leave his thoughts, she followed him in every blink. She would never leave her son, he knew that, and knew that she would one day be there. He thought about Emma and how lucky he was to have found her, but he couldn't shake the thought that something may be hiding in the shadows. Whenever Benjamin came around she was different, like she was under a spell and he could notice it. Though he would never say it to her he knew deep down that she still loved Benjamin. He couldn't blame her for still loving her first, he felt that way about Ava but wouldn't admit to himself that he wished she were with him. Why had she left with a German officer? What did he have to offer her? Jealously filled his thoughts and he soon felt the need to leave but had to force himself to sit still. Life would go on, love would grow, and families would begin. That was the way it was no matter how much Dwain despised the idea.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Sorry it took longer than I thought.

They could see smoke and hear shooting again, it seemed to be becoming more frequent now and Ava was hating every second. "Paul are we going to make it?", she asked looking over at him. He glanced down at her and smiled, "Of course my love." She smiled at him but knew he was as scared as he could be. She wanted to be free of all the torture, and the hunger that surfaced in her stomach. They cut through a patch of trees trying to avoid the area that was being vandalized. They stopped for awhile to catch their breath. Ava leaned against the tree and closed her eyes. Paul came up to her and put his arms around her. "Ava I'm sorry for doing this to you." Ava opened her eyes, "I know you are, but sometimes you do crazy things you usually wouldn't." Ava dreamed of a time when it was so easy and she had little worries and responsibilities. She missed Lucas more than ever, wishing he was with her in the flesh. She held onto Paul and loved him but she couldn’t seem to let go of the past she held onto.

Dwain and Emma held hands at the family gathering hosted by her families. They all looked so happy so the two put a happy smile on their faces. Every cousin and relative you could think of came up to the couple and congratulated them. Emma could see that there was something wrong with Dwain and she didn’t know why. She was too scared to ask him about it, not sure what would be crossing the line. His arms were tense and she could feel the strain. She simply smiled at the others while she thought of him and wondered what was on his mind. Her mother came over to her, “Hunny the girls want to see you. May I steal her from you for a minute?” Dwain smiled and watched as Emma left his side. He watched as everyone scurried around trying to get things done and make small talk with everyone. Dwain looked over his shoulder to see Benjamin enter the room. He shuddered at the sight of man who had his fiancé’s heart. Then again why be mad at someone who was in the same boat as you. He missed Ava and still loved her but knew it could never be. He wanted to belong to Emma but the thought of the sweetheart from her past seemed to be too much to bear. Why did he listen to her and come here? He knew why, he loved her and wanted her to be happy. He shook his head and took one last look at the room and then turned and left.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Hey guys I am going to post soon, can't promise it will be today or tomorrow, but I will try to get it up. School has been taking up my life and now finals are coming so AHHH!!!!!!! So I will get it up there as soon as possible. Thanks for reading still!!!!

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
So far I like.Probably end it soon and make a sequal work.If I gathered all that you've write.It could be almost a novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back