• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Love Gone, but Never Forgotten

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dark invader

Your writing is continuing to improve as you go through the plot. When I think one thing is going to happen, something completely different happens and makes the story much more interesting in my eyes. I truly love how you've put together this story, and I hope for all the best in the next chapters to come. I might not be able to check on this story as frequently as I have been lately with school coming next week and all, but I will definately be reading new chapters when they come! I wish you the best of luck with writing this story!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava got up every morning to go outside as the sun came up. She looked at it, hoping that one day she would be forever happy. She held Lucas' ring in her palm. He was her sanctuary, the place where she was at peace. She missed him deeply, and thought of him often since Paul had left. It seemed like the past was getting ahold of her once again. Her life would have been perfect if he was still there. They could have had the life they always had talked about. She was truly happy when she was with him, he was her protector, her shelter, and her true love. She would never love another man that way. She needed to have a life, but it seemed she was being pulled down again, she couldn't pull out of it. Paul was gone for who knew how long, the man she was going to marry, Dwain had given his heart away to another when she was ready to love him, it seemed so surreal. She was beginning to wonder if this was how her life would always remain, alone. She watched as the sun grew higher in the sky. She watched as the purples and pinks faded and the sunlight began to get brighter. She placed Lucas' ring around her neck again and went inside.

Dwain watched Emma sleep, her blond hair surrounding her face like an angel. She was perfect in every way. She was kind, caring, and had a loving spirit. She would be the perfect wife, she would be faithful until her last days, and be a nurturing mother. Dwain wondered what would his life be if he would have never met her. Then he thought, Ava. Even if she wouldn't have wanted him, he still would have waited until the end of time, but that was a dream that never existed. She never told him she loved him, or even wanted him in her life. He only hoped for that. He was happy with Emma truly, but he found himself wanting something he couldn't put his finger on. There was something more that he was yearning for, but he would have to ignore his thoughts, and look forward to the wedding in his future.

Haku

<3
Great chapter just like all of the previous ones it left me wanting to read more and more.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Ava walked into the kitchen, Frannie and the others were all gathering around something. Ava walked closer to see what was going on, she saw what Frannie was holding. She was holding Dwain's wedding invitation. Ava didn't know what to do, she was curious as to what is said and what it looked like. Frannie turned to see Ava standing there. Ava came closer, Frannie tried to hide the invitation. "Frannie it's okay. Let me see.", Ava held out her hand. Frannie reluncantly handed to her. Ava held it in her hands. It was white with a pearly lace outline. "Well it's pretty.", Ava smiled. She could feel everyone's eyes on her as she looked at it. It said that they hoped all could attend if they could get away. After the others walked out Frannie came closer to Ava. "Are you going to go?", Frannie asked. "I don't know. I don't have the time to go, but I would feel bad if I didn't attend.", Ava looked at the invitation soaking in the words inscribed. "Ava I'm sorry, I didn't want you to find it, especially the way you did.", Frannie said as she sat on a stool nearby. "I'm fine, I wish you didn't worry about me so much. Besides I have someone now, Paul will be back soon and then I can start my life too.", Ava continued to look at the invitation. "Ava, I know that you care about not hurting Emma's feelings, but you love Dwain, it's so easy to see. I know you, You'll sacrifice what you really want for the happiness of others. Please don't do this to yourself.", Frannie looked up worried. "Fran, it's really okay, I don't really feel that way about Dwain anymore, over time it has kind of faded away. LIke I said I have Paul in my life.", Ava looked down at her friend. "I know, but what if Paul isn't for you, and you gave up on getting together with Dwain?", Frannie looked up at her. "Then life will be as it will. I will be okay. I promise.", Ava gripped Frannie's hand

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain and Emma packed their bags to head over to Paris, Emma's family lived over there now and they wanted to see the couple. Emma was very trilled but Dwain didn't care to go, but Emma begged him so he caved. Her Aunt Sharene wrote to tell Emma the plans they had. They were going to get a tour of Paris and see old faces that Emma knew from long ago. Emma sang as she walked around the room packing clothes. Dwain sat in his chair, he was dreading the idea of going to be with her family. He never really liked family things like that, being with her parents was different. He could handle that, but this was too much. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, or that's at least what he was trying to tell himself. He watched her as she went from one end of the room to the other. He really needed a drink, something to preoccupy his mind. He would wait until she went out for the day before he'd drink like a fish. Emma turned to him and smiled, "What do you think of this dress I bought? I thought we could wear it on the boat." She held it up to herself. He looked at her, "I like it, it's pretty with the flowers." She giggled, "Well at least you do tell me what I want to hear, even if you don't like it." Dwain got up from the chair and put his arms around her, "I love you, you and your flower dress." He kissed her cheek. She laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Ava walked throughout the streets. She was enjoying herself, she liked seeing people she had made friends with. She looked to the right. She stopped and stood there. She could have sworn that it was Lucas standing there. All the air in her lungs left, her brain stopped processing, everything went blank. As the handsome soldier walked towards her she realized it wasn't him. She couldn't help but look at him, with either anger or plain astonishment. He smiled at her as he passed. She turned her head and watched Lucas' ghost walk by.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain and Emma walked to the gate, he looked at the plane that would take them to Paris. He felt his stomach drop and hated the feeling. Emma touched his arm as if to let him know it would be okay. He smiled at her and she returned the smile. "Come on it will be fun.", she kissed him on the cheek. He nodded his head and they headed through the gate to the plane.

Ava thought about the soldier, he was Lucas. Or at least in her mind he was. She gave in and told herself that it wasn't. The way he carried himself, to the way he walked, to the smile he had on his face, all of it was like Lucas. She smiled when she thought of her reaction. She felt dumb for thinking it was him, but she always had some sort of faint hope he was still alive. She looked at his picture and then at Luke's. The pictures of his first birthday finally got to her. She hung them up on her wall, like a young girl hangs up posters of her favorite actor. She looked at the memories that in some way she did get to have shared. They were memories caught on film, and she felt like that was good enough.

Dwain sat in the seat and closed his eyes. He hated planes, and now to add to it, he hated the fact that he was going to see Emma's family. Both of them intertwined, was enough to give someone an anxiety attack. "Dwain hunny, are you okay?", she squeezed his arm. "Yeah, I'm alright.", he smiled to reassure her. They lifted off and he felt a little better. About two hours later Emma's head was on his shoulder and he could hear her breathing softly. He smiled as he looked at her. He looked out the window and saw all the scenery. It was beautiful, and then without a trace, Ava appeared in his mind.

Ava continued to work, she kept herself busy. She hadn't heard from Paul in awhile, and she hoped he was fine. She still wore his ring on her finger, he had a place in her heart, and it grew stronger all the time. She believed she could love him, and would eventually end up loving him. She thought of him alot recently and she felt relieved to finally feel love again. After cleaning up she went outside to breathe alittle. She happened to look down on the table as she started outside, there was the wedding invitation with Dwain's name. She stopped to look at it again. Dwain's smile flashed before her. She couldn't help but think of the one what-if that she had.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The plane finally landed in Paris, Dwain looked out the window. Emma finally woke up and chipperly started talking about how happy she was to be there. They both got our of their seats and got off the plane. Dwain looked around, he thought Paris was beautiful but missed London. Emma was already running off to recieve their luggage. Dwain had to look around to find her. When he finally caught up with her he saw what he had been dreading. Emma's family was standing there. Emma ran over to him and grabbed his hand and pulled him over. "Everyone this is Dwain." He smiled and shook Emma's uncle's hand. "Nice to meet you Dwain, call me Phil." "Nice to meet you also.", Dwain felt the man's grip and was taken back. He didn't realize how strong Phil was. Sharene walked over to Dwain and hugged him, "Welcome to Paris. You are as handsome as Emma described." "Well thank you.", Dwain looked at Emma who wore a smile as bright as the sun. After they all finished greeting each other a man walked over to Emma. "Hello Em.", he smiled at her with a charm that everyone could see. Emma turned with shock. "Benjamin. This is a suprise.", she was taken back at the sight of him. "You look absolutely wonderful, positively radiant.", he grabbed her hand. "Oh thank you. You haven't changed much.", she could feel her face get redder. The tall man looked over Emma towards Dwain, "I'm sorry it seems Emma here doesn't have manners. I'm Benjamin.", he placed his hand out for Dwain to shake. Dwain shook his hand, " Hi." He wasn't sure who this guy was but he thought he had an idea. "Ahh. Benjamin this is Dwain.", she looked over at Dwain. "Oh this must be your fiance. Well it's nice to put the name with the face. Well it's pleasant to have met you Dwain. You're a lucky man to get this one.", he smiled at Dwain. "Well I must be going, I just wanted to stop by to greet you. You're mother and aunt told me you were coming in so I thought I'd take the chance to see you. It's been wonderful to see you again.", he kissed her cheek. "Good bye Em. Good bye Dwain, nice to have met you." He walked over and hugged Sharlene before leaving. As quick as he came he was gone.

At the house Dwain and Emma were in the room unpacking. Emma could see Dwain was distraught. "Hunny are you alright?", she asked as she looked over her shoulder. His back was to her so she couldn't see his facial expression. "Yeah I'm fine.", he took out a shirt and laid it on the bed. Emma walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him, "Are you sure, did I do something?" Dwain sighed and placed his hand on hers, "No, You didn't anything at all. I'm just tired is all." "Alright, well why don't you say we take a break and go down and have some dinner?" she said with a grin. He nodded his head and followed her down the stairs.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone is still reading this. I haven't heard from anyone lately so I wasn't sure. Let me know what you all think of it so far, unless there isn't anyone reading anymore, then that happens. thanks

Haku

<3
I'm still reading! Sorry it took me so long to respond great chapters.

dark invader

I'm still reading, I've just been really busy with school. Already had a couple of essays! It's killing me! Anyways, this story is awesome, and you should keep at it!

NYC16

Unforgetable
Yeah I understand completely, school can be a drag....it's already a drag. Haha. Thanks you two for continuing to be my little fan club. Haha.

Ava sat in the pue of the little chapel. She watched Frannie and her husband to be take their vows. She watched as the two held hands and looked into each other's eyes. Frannie was wearing an antique colored white dress, that was trimmed in a lace. Her new love was wearing a green uniform, and looked quite handsome. It was a small and qaint little church and only the crew from the hospital attended. Frannie's parents didn't come because they felt it was too dangerous, but would be waiting back in the states for the newlyweds. They would have a celebration for the two. Ava wrapped her shaw around her as she felt it getting chillier. "You may now kiss the bride.", the minister said. Ava watched the two move their heads together and embrace each other in a passionate kiss. Everyone applauded the two as they walked out the church doors. Ava bent back down and picked up her things. There was a dinner for the newlyweds in a small building nearby. Ava pulled her shaw closer and headed out the door.

Ava found a seat at one of the tables. She sat down and watched as familiar faces entered the room. They were all her friends and it was good to see them. Everyone there was married or engaged. They would look over at Ava and smile with a wave and then continue to talk to one another. As soon as Frannie entered she ran over to Ava, "Thank you so much for coming." "Oh hun, you look beautiful, no one can take their eyes off you.", Ava replied taking Frannie's hand. "Please stay for awhile and see me off.", Frannie looked Ava in her eyes. "Of course dear, I wouldn't leave for anything.", she watched as Frannie ran to her husband. There they danced.

Haku

<3
Aw that chapter was really nice, I kinda feel sorry for Ava though.

dark invader

It seems to me that you continually add very happy things for people other than the main character, and then something horrible happens to Ava. It would be great if this story had a happy ending, but if thats not where your headed I totally understand. I usually dont write happy endings either. I'm just a sadistic person like that. ^_^

NYC16

Unforgetable
It will be a happy ending, I just have to lead it up to that point. It's one of those depressing stories that end up better at the end, it's a learning from your pain kind of thing.

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain sat during dinner and stared at his plate, he didn't have an appetite anymore. Emma sat beside chattering away to her family about all she has done and how she missed working as a nurse. She placed her hand on his as she talked. Dwain looked at their two hands together, and he shook his head slightly. She looked over and smiled, but the smile faded slowly when she saw him. He looked at her and then excused himself from the table.

Ava came back from the reception and placed her shaw on the bed. There was a note on the bed, she picked it up and read it. "Meet me outside." She was confused by the letter, she didn't know who it was from. She wrapped her shaw around her again and headed down the stairs. She walked outside into the dark, she saw someone standing near the tree, "Who's out here?" She was kind of scared but the figure coming closer. "Ava, I've missed you.", Paul came closer to her. "Paul what are you doing here?", she looked up at him. He had bruises on his face and his blood was coming from his forehead. "I needed to see you.", he grabbed her hand and kissed it. "How did you get the note in my room?", she looked at him looking at her hand. "I paid one of the nurses to put it up there.", he looked at her, his peircing green eyes stared at her. "You've gone crazy, don't you know how much trouble you can be in, especially being near an American hospital." She looked at him, she saw he was in pain and she suddenly felt sorry. "I'm sorry....it's just this is such a suprise. I thought you'd be gone.", she held onto his hand. "Run away with me.", he looked at her. For a moment there she was truly considering it. "Why do you want to run?", she asked curious as to what happened to him. "I deserted, they will be looking for me. I tried to fake my death, but they are too smart for that. I shouldn't be here, especially here. But I couldn't go without you.", he held her closer. "Paul..", she tried to finish her sentence but she was cut off by his kiss. "Come with me.", he whispered putting his forehead on hers. "Paul....I don't know if I can.", she replied. He looked at her, "Ava I can't go without you." Ava thought for a moment, "Okay I will....." She kissed him and he placed his hands on her face.

Dwain was upstairs in the room looking out the window, he could see the Eiffel Tower from his room, it was beautiful. He was marveled by the lights. He thought he was over the past but couldn't help but think of Ava. He wondered what she was doing, and if she thought of him ever. He didn't want to think of her, he had given his heart to Emma, and Ava refused to give him her heart. It was a losing battle he fought with himself. As he was lost in his thoughts, he heard Emma come in the room. "Dwain what's amatter?", she stood in the door way. "I don't know. Maybe it's just......I'm tired.", he continued to look out the window. "Alright.", she went to get her night gown on. She came out and kissed his cheek, "Goodnight." She walked over to the bed and pulled the covers close to her. Dwain searched out the window for an answer, anything to tell him what to do

NYC16

Unforgetable
Dwain woke up with Emma singing, "Good morning." She came over and kissed his forehead. "Are you ready for a day of fun?", she smiled. "Umm Yeah I suppose.", he said rubbing his face. Emma giggled like she always did when she was excited about something. "What are we doing today?", he asked laying back on the pillows. "Well we are going to pick up my mother, and then we will be going out and taking a tour. Tonight we will be having dinner at one of the best restaurants in Paris.", she smiled, as she got onto the bed beside him. "Sounds like a busy day you've planned.", he smiled. "Yeah of course, I have to make you enjoy yourself somehow.", she laughed. "I know, I'm going to try.", he smiled. She giggled again and kissed him. Emma got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. Dwain sat there for a moment and looked up at the ceiling. He was going to try and enjoy himself for Emma. He was going to go through with it and let Ava be the past, he needed to, but most of all he had to.

The two walked down the street, their arms wrapped together. Dwain couldn't believe how cold it was in the morning. Emma wore a little hat on her head, she looked so cute wrapped up in her coat and scarf. They were going to get something to eat before their busy day. They stopped into one of the little cafes along the streets. They went in and found a seat at a little table. "Emma, can I ask you a question?", he looked at her. "Yes of course.", she smiled. "That man that showed up yesterday, Benjamin, how are you aquainted with him?", he looked her in the eyes. "Oh well, Benjamin was an old beau of mine. That's all, you have nothing to worry about.", she smiled and took his hand. "Oh okay, I was worrying about nothing.", he smiled and looked out the window.

NYC16

Unforgetable
The two held each other close. It was cool in the morning air, and they could see their breath. The sun had not yet rose, and the morning fog laid upon the trees. Ava looked up at Paul, "Where are we going to go?" He never looked at her, "I don't know." They stood there in silence for awhile. "Everything will be alright.", she said looking at him again. He finally looked down at her and smiled. She wasn't sure if she was trying to convince him, or herself that it would be okay. Ava had left a letter for Frannie, in hopes she would understand.

My Dearest Frannie,

I don't know how to say this. I have no idea why I'm leaving or where I will end up. I know you may not understand, I don't really. I left with Paul as you can probably figure. I'm not sure how far we will make it. Please don't say anything about my departure. If anyone asks tell them you don't know, because you have been gone on your honeymoon. When you are done with this letter, burn it so no one may find it. I'm sorry for leaving you, I know we will probably see one another again. I wish you all the luck in the world, and everlasting happiness in your life. I love you and truly am grateful to have had you in my life. You're my strenght to go on and my support when I have been down. I will miss you terribly.

Love,

Ava

Ava thought about her friend and how much she missed her already. Ava had packed the pictures of Lucas and Luke, and still wore the ring around her neck. She pressed herself closer to Paul as she heard the train whistle in the distance.

Haku

<3
Sorry I'm so late, I've been busy alot but great chapters otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back