• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Little Taste of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
:|: A Little Taste of .L.i.f.e. :|:

-Prologue-

The figure in the black coat wondered silently through the abandoned castle, taking a long look at the nearly destroyed walls. The spiraling stairs he had followed upwards left him in a circular room resting in a tranquil twilight, illuminating the humming electrical instruments in a radiant golden hue.

There were no walls in this room, instead a series of stained glass windows that rounded off into a single tip about a hundred meters from the floor. There were twelve different window panes, each which apparently once displayed mosaics, but had now been blown to bits, leaving massive holes in the glowing windows. Silenced leaked into the barren room as the light began to fade, and the machines powered down.

The figure had been observing the phenomena of the dusk before he moved from the towering arch that led into the room. He had been standing there, unmoving for over an hour, waiting for the dark to overtake the chapel. He strode towards a large machine with several wires, each spiraling into the ground below one of the twelve glass arches.

In the dark, the text scribbled on the machine’s complex control panel was illegible. The figure ignored it and with a chuckle looked further, to the small scanner at the top of the machine. The figure removed his black glove and placed his hand on the scanner silently. The machine’s dormant wires glowed a bloody red, until the figure drew out a strange blade, shaped almost like a key.

With a swing of the blade, a beam of light appeared at its tip that swam into the scanner’s core. The scanner made a beeping sound, and the dark red color of the wires began to change, slowly becoming the faintest hue of blue.

“Life forms detected,” reported the machine. The figure smiled beneath his hood.

-------------------------
Well, I haven't written in awhile (tell me if it shows), but I actually thought this plot out. I think this prologue gives you an idea of what is to come, but what I have in mind is really out there :confused:

And I do not mind criticism, in fact I enjoy it.
Tell me what you honestly think :)

Oh, and chapter 1 might take a while, I'm VERY busy right now.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Welcome, and thanks!
Good luck with your fan fic!

....Wow, if a person who actually knows me sees me acting this upbeat, I don't know what would happen... o_O

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
lol,my fanfiction will be a humerous summary of the series, so it will be long...i'll try to write atleast KH1 this week.

(Sneak Peak, I will use Ronald Mcdonald as a summon!)

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Yea, it's sad I already need to bump this thread... :|
Come on, give me a little feed back!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Well, I've had chapter 1 written for awhile, but I'm fixing it up and it might take a day or two to get up...

So... Ah, I'll get it up tomorrow night (if possible :\)

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Chapter 1- Relaxing on the Island

Dawn was creeping up on the small set of islands, the first hints of golden light creeping up over the horizon. On one of the larger islands, made up of small, residential homes, a young man of 15 stirred in his bed. He had endured a fitful night, waking up periodically, only to find himself asleep once more.

In his dreams he saw a young man, very much like himself. He had dirty blonde hair that jetted out awkwardly from his head, and dashing blue eyes that complemented his flawless facial features. He was wearing a dark, black cloak that completely covered his body, and he had a dreary look sprayed on his face. The boy held nothing in his hands, and yet he stood in an awkward position that made it seem like he was grasping something in each.

He was clearly not stable, in that his features swerved in and out of focus, and his body was slowly becoming transparent. The boy had put on a small, peaceful smile before he completely disappeared. He mouthed a few words, but that was all.

The restless sleeper, a boy named Sora, finally got up after he realized he couldn’t stay still any longer. He sat up in his bed, and pushed open the window on his wall. Taking in the warmth of the sun, Sora mumbled to himself, “Another dream about him…”

The sea was reflecting the orange tint of the sun rise, and Sora watched the waves hypnotically join together, and then break apart as they hit the rocky shore. Wondering to himself, Sora muttered, “What’s buggin’ ya Roxas?”

Sora closed his window and dressed in a hurry. He wanted to get down to the island before the others so that he could have some time for himself. He pulled on his baggy black outfit and rushed out of the house, heading straight for the shoreline. He ran through the winding streets for a good hour, not even pausing to take a breath. When he got to the island’s eastern end, he saw the small rock of land that he had always loved. The island was only twenty minutes away by boat, and Sora rowed his little craft silently across the calm ocean, watching as the native seagulls dove into the water for their prey. He enjoyed watching them, they calmed him.

He rowed his boat right onto the silky sand and hopped out. He pulled up further onto the shore to make sure it wouldn’t float away, and then just flopped down on the sand. The sun had made its way over the horizon now, and there was not a cloud in the sky to block its rays. Sora stared up at the big blue sky and let out a deep breath.

The dreams of Roxas bothered Sora, after all, he was whole now. Everything had been calm for over three months, just like it should be. The Organization was gone, and there hadn’t been even a hint of the heartless for a couple of weeks. Every so often one or two would wonder through town, but that was to be expected, and besides, Sora had fun fighting them with Riku.

Riku. Sora felt for his friend, and he missed him badly. Riku had taken the gummi ship the king had left behind to go visit him. Riku would visit him every month for about three days at a time, leaving Sora and Kairi together to wait for him. In all honesty, Sora enjoyed his time alone with Kairi, it let him further his relationship with her. Sora and Kairi had shared their first kiss in the Secret Place not a week ago. Since then, Sora couldn’t stand to be apart from her.

Sora closed his eyes and let himself relax, only to be woken up not a moment later. “Ah!” Sora gasped as Kairi flipped Sora’s head into the sand. Kairi giggle a little as Sora coughed up sand. Kairi sat down next Sora, and turned to him.
“You know, I’ve been thinking. You really should get a little more sleep. You’re always dozing off in the middle of the day. It’s not good,” Kairi commented sternly.
“I’m sorry Kairi, it’s just that I had trouble sleeping last night!” Sora explained.
Kairi raised an eyebrow, “Oh really?”
“Yea, I kept having this dream about Roxas… It was really strange.”

Kairi looked shocked, “You’re kidding! I had a dream about Namine!”
Sora looked curious, “Well, what was it about?”
Kairi rested her head on her hand, trying to concentrate. “Well, all I remember is that she had a sketch book on her, and she seemed pretty distressed, ‘cause she kept gesturing at the drawing desperately…”
“Well, what was the drawing of?” Sora inquired.
Kairi looked at Sora, and answered quite seriously, “It was of you, walking through a large room that had pods jetting out of its walls… and there were other people with you. Their backs were to me, so I couldn’t see their faces, but I know there were two of them. Both of them were wearing lab coats. Have any ideas?”
“Hmm…” Sora thought, “I dunno… I mean, the only room with a pod I was in was the one I woke up in in Twilight Town…”
Kairi looked back at the sea, “Well, I guess it’s nothing. I mean, you and Riku took care of everything, right?”
Sora laughed, “Yea, of course!”
Kairi smiled, “That’s good.”

The two looked out at the sea, unaware that there was another person with them on the island. Sora put his arm around Kairi, and she rested her head on Sora’s shoulder, letting her hair blow in the morning breeze.

At that same time, a figure in black emerged from the entrance of the Secret Place and let out a soft cackle, “Revenge is sweet,” murmured the figure.

------------------------------

Well, I caught a lucky break!
It turns out a project I thought was due tomorrow is due next Friday, so I decided I would just finish this up and post it already!

Now maybe I'll get a few more replies!
(Oh yea, double post! tsk tsk tsk or whatever...)

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
ok...so I should prob get chap 1 (destny islands,and Trav town) up as soon as i'm done writing it.I'll prob atleast get it written by the end of the week.good writing though!I liked it

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
ok...so I should prob get chap 1 (destny islands,and Trav town) up as soon as i'm done writing it.I'll prob atleast get it written by the end of the week

...Okay, dude, why are you posting this here?
I kinda want some criticism, not an advertisement for your fanfic...
Sorry if that's harsh, but it's getting annoying :\
I hope you don't take this personally.

And btw, if you want people to read your fanfic, try posting in the Author's corner, people look in there sometimes!
And when you get it up, I'll check it out, but please make replies that have something to do with my fanfic!

Last edited:

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Thanks, if any of you don't mind, could you ask a friend to review this, I mean, I am like a critique hog. I love getting reviews.

ANyway, I haven't started chapter 2, but I know what happens in it (duh, outline) so it probably won't take too long.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Nice work.......................................................................

Okay.......................................................................

Hmm... I still would like a few more reviews....
It helps me improve the next chapter, so seriously guys, look long and hard to try and find my flaws! :) lol

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
ANONYMOUS!!!! =D

*Glomps*

It's been quite awhile, neh? How've ya been? Where'd ya go? Watcha writing? Watcha doing? =P

Scuse me. ^^;;; <Nocternal questions above, if you'd like to answer them, go ahead, if it doesn't seem too intrusive. ^^;;;>

I'm a little hyper, which is rather surprising seeing I didn't even eat rice today... But anyway, it's just so good to see you again (Hypertheticly speaking) and I'm glad you got your fic up and running!

And I got critism! GASP!

As usual, your story is wonderful. Though, it seems to be missing a slight element you held in your last fics, that seemed to get one more thinking, or trying to get into the character's head a little somehow... It seems different, wether for better or worse, up to you. ^-^

Though, I think you should add more of a point of view, seeing it just seems more like actions to me, a little chalky somehow. That could use improvement in that way. What's Sora thinking currently? What about Kairi? You probably could of added some more sentences, like about how Riku visits them every now and again, you could make him worry about his friend a little more, or something to that extent before wondering to the thought of his time with Kairi.

Sorry it's not much of critism! Tie shall try my best to add some more when I read more! >D

It's bugging me though... Seeing for either your first or second, I recall that you told us that the storyline or twist you had went exactly against what Kingdom Hearts stood/ was for, and I think I figured it out once... Sadly I forgot though... Sorry, just wanted to get that off of my chest. ^-^;;;

Sorry, I'm acting a little selfish today, you can just read the bolded part if you'd like, I probably shouldn't be talking so much... Sorry again. ><

It's just so nice to talk again, which is why it's selfish. ^^;;;

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
TAOKITTY!!!!!!
what a happy reunion!!!!

Now if only masamune was here....
Well thank you for the criticism (wow... that usually sounds like a bad thing lol), but I have only a slight idea of what you mean.... o_O
If you mean how I used to give you an idea of what was to come, well...
I dunno. I like doing that, but I always feel like I give too much away.
So.... maybe.

ANyway, yea, I've been good, and I've been writing for myself for the most part....
Boy I missed talking to you! It's good to be back!

Okay, back to the fic:
Chapter 2 is being worked on, and its sorta the real beginning of the story. (HAPPY TAO????)

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
YUSH! WE SHOULD DRAG MASAMUNE HERE! >D

>< Sorry, I usually confuse people I see still. ^-^

What I meant was how you wrote it (Not about when you'd give us hints... Though, that's always fun to receive ;P), it seemed like a little more of what Sora or Kairi was thinking could of been added into it, though, that's just me. ^^;;;

Well, that's what I meant to say for the bolded part anyway.=P
Though, with my 'superior' ability, it's probable it still doesn't make any sense! ><

xD I think I can understand by what you mean. ^-^
I remember when I was writing a story once, I didn't say anything except maybe,"She's going to be surprised," or something very vague like that, and fear the people would find out the whole entire storyline from it. o.o

Same here! ^-^
I'm glad you've been fine, how do you like your fic so far by the way? Sorry, curiosity has grabbed a hold of me...

xD YAY! I can't wait! xD

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Okay, I get ya.
Well, chapter 2's been started, and its coming along well. I think you'll find it interesting, but then again, you still have no idea what's going on.

Well, I'll probably get it up tomorrow or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back