• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A little question?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
Ok, so I have a laptop, Gateway Model MT6705, running Vista 32 Bit Operating System. Simply put, I AM SICK OF VISTA. So, I have this Operating Disk for XP, thing is , it came with my Dell Desktop. Can I use the CD to install XP on my lappy, or can it harm it in anyway? Help or Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trag

Bronze Member
First off, what do you hate about vista, exactly? You can change the settings so that your OS is extremely similar to XP, but still Vista. It's easier than installing a new XP disc, anway, and potentially messing something up. Just google how to make it similar to XP, it is a really simple process, I read.

Eternal Redemption

last in line
I think this belongs in technology section. But I dont think there would be any problem installing the XP disc.

lmao, I figuired I needed help, hence posted here.

So, I should give it a go?

First off, what do you hate about vista, exactly? You can change the settings so that your OS is extremely similar to XP, but still Vista. It's easier than installing a new XP disc, anway, and potentially messing something up. Just google how to make it similar to XP, it is a really simple process, I read.

My Computer memory is waaaay to low. 1 GB. Also, Vista tends to crash....alot......so yea.... I did what you said already, but to no real avail. And here I stand :D

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Dell installation CDs can be very tricky. I don't believe it will let you use it to download XP onto the laptop since it is not a Dell built machine, let alone putting desktop software on a laptop but it couldn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work there are still a ton of tweaks you can make to vista to have it run smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back