• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A little love poem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
We’ll Find Each Other

One day.

You won’t know,

And neither will I.

But we’ll meet.

You’ll say hello,

And so will I.

A friendly smile,

A little small talk,

Then we’ll say goodbye.

You won’t think about me,

I won’t think about you,

But we’ll find each other again.

On a street

Somewhere far away,

We’ll pass each other,

Then you’ll turn around

And so will I

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I could easily see this being between two friends who meet again after their first encounter on the street. This is still both poetic and beautiful, because it's easy to envision the possibilities of people meeting together like that. I still say someone having amnesia then meeting the person they were in love with again would be my favorite scenario to play out. :)

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Wow... That. Was. Beautiful... :'D

Awards
I could easily see this being between two friends who meet again after their first encounter on the street. This is still both poetic and beautiful, because it's easy to envision the possibilities of people meeting together like that. I still say someone having amnesia then meeting the person they were in love with again would be my favorite scenario to play out. :)

Thank you :) The more I think about the idea of amnesia, I'm really tempted to write a short story about it. And thank you so much for giving me the confidence to post this.

Wow... That. Was. Beautiful... :'D

Thank you so much :). Love you're avatar, by the way.

Wire

I think this piece would benefit from the inclusion of stanzas. Grouping your lines together not only makes your poem easier to read, but allows you to be more nuanced in your theming and tone. Structure is absolutely key to the success or failure of a poem. I'd also recommend slowing down your writing. I feel as though you are rushing through a lot of what could make this piece more interesting. Perhaps this was your intention, to represent the rapid pace of the lives of these two people and how they don't stop and take time out to understand each other, but I still feel as though this could have been done with a more illusionistic approach instead of a physical rush through the world this poem has created.

Even still, I did feel a sense of longing. As a poet, your job is to make the reader feel. You've succeeded in that respect. I am only trying to improve what I feel has great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back