• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Limited Edition 358/2 Days DSi is in the Works!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

bittermeat told me to, so I did. the slave-driver

Famitsu has updated their site with an article stating that Square-Enix will be launching a limited edition 'Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' themed Nintendo DSi with the games' release come February 2009 in Japan. There is no mention of whether or not this Limited Edition DSi will be released overseas or not, nor are there any images of the said DSi with the article, but expect more details to emerge in the near future.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to many, seeing as how even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories shipped with a limited edition Game Boy Advance SP upon it's release. Though, it is nice to get a confirmation for those who were looking for a bundle.

Anyways, discuss it away. Hopefully it won't be too long before some images surface.

Source: Famitsu

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
It wouldn't really matter if it didn't go overseas anyway, because the DSi is goign to multi-regional like the others, right?

Anyway, nice find guize =D

A

Audo

Eh. The DSi is region-locked in the sense of DSi exclusive software. But, it can play DS games from any region. So, in a sense it is both not region-locked AND region-locked. So, yes, it could matter.
Not to mention, Japanese DSi's are in Japanese and you can't switch it to English. So that could present a problem.

Lancelot

Awards
O rly? Mmm yes big problem... But could you not stuff around with it a bit to change it to English? And isn't the DSi only set for Japan at the moment, meaning that the DSi exclusive stuff would only be available from there?

A

Audo

O rly? Mmm yes big problem... But could you not stuff around with it a bit to change it to English? And isn't the DSi only set for Japan at the moment, meaning that the DSi exclusive stuff would only be available from there?
There is no way to change the DSi into English if you purchase a Japanese DSi.
A North American DSi release is set for April or later of 2009.
A Japanese DSi can only download Japanese DSi software.
A North American DSi can only download North American DSi software.
They can both play DS games from any region.

Lancelot

Awards
Ah... ok then. I'll be quiet now =)

A

Audo

I don't see why it would be, since the DSi is already out in Japan o.o
And, again, Days hasn't been delayed once. ;-;

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
cool news. u guys are always so on the ball to get the latest news for KHI. thanks guys

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So long as Days has a DSi version, or a DSi setting (Eg: Fit to larger screen), I'm happy.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I don't see why it would be, since the DSi is already out in Japan o.o
And, again, Days hasn't been delayed once. ;-;

Say what? o_O Days was delayed. Remember the 2008 release ad? Then later in the year it was announced changed to Feb. 2009.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well, this is good and bad. Good, that its gonna be on the DSi, and bad that itll take till the middle of the year to get it, not importing

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Brandon✖;3481543 said:
cool news. u guys are always so on the ball to get the latest news for KHI. thanks guys

I beileve I was just sexually harassed.

bittermeat told me to, so I did. <STRIKE itxtvisited="1">the slave-driver</STRIKE>

Famitsu has updated their site with an article stating that Square-Enix will be launching a limited edition 'Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' themed Nintendo DSi with the games' release come February 2009 in Japan. There is no mention of whether or not this Limited Edition DSi will be released overseas or not, nor are there any images of the said DSi with the article, but expect more details to emerge in the near future.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to many, seeing as how even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories shipped with a limited edition Game Boy Advance SP upon it's release. Though, it is nice to get a confirmation for those who were looking for a bundle.

Anyways, discuss it away. Hopefully it won't be too long before some images surface.

Source: Famitsu

Im not suprised. BBS=Limited Edition PSP Bundle.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
This is nice, I might get this DSi. Wonder when it will come out in NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back