• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Lea question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Assuming his ridiculous growth spurt was the result of Xehanortification (not to mention his actions throughout the series, particularly the suggestion about the lab), I can imagine him being used as an extreme example of what would happen if whatever "part of Xehanort" that grew onto him was ripped out. Given that it made up a massive part of him not only physically, but mentally, the effects could be devastating.

However, that's if the series wants to portray the particular exponential growth of personhood from childhood to early adulthood.

Poor, emotionally unstable Ienzo (who would be around SRK's age)..."I HAVE NO CHILDHOOD"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Assuming his ridiculous growth spurt was the result of Xehanortification (not to mention his actions throughout the series, particularly the suggestion about the lab)

Or he just aged normally since he probably had a budding heart, and Nomura already said in a KH2 interview that the only way they can age is if they have a heart. Since most of them look to be at least 5+ years older than they were at in BBS, I think that is the most logical conclusion we should be reaching.

Poor, emotionally unstable Ienzo (who would be around SRK's age)..."I HAVE NO CHILDHOOD"

Ienzo looks pretty emotionally stable to me 8D

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Or he just aged normally since he probably had a budding heart, and Nomura already said in a KH2 interview that the only way they can age is if they have a heart. Since most of them look to be at least 5+ years older than they were at in BBS, I think that is the most logical conclusion we should be reaching.
I tend to be at odds with that, since Nomura used Xemnas of all people as an example behind the "Nobodies don't age" rule.

Ienzo looks pretty emotionally stable to me 8D
He's lied to himself his whole life IT'S LIKE PUTTING ON A MASK

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I tend to be at odds with that, since Nomura used Xemnas of all people as an example behind the "Nobodies don't age" rule.

I felt like that was more proof than anything that Nomura was pulling the wool over our eyes. Birth By Sleep came out less than a year after the specific interview he discussed Xemnas' age. By that point Nomura would have had a clear idea of how he planned to portray the apprentices in BBS, and if he really wanted to have stayed in-line with his statement Xehanort, all of the Apprentices, Lea and Isa would have looked exactly as their Nobody counterparts did in CoM/KH2/Days.

Days was one such game where it played with the concept of beings besides regular humans having hearts, like replicas and Nobodys like Roxas and Axel, but to have thrown that out in an interview seemed more like one of Nomura's many ways of deliberately throwing people off through lying (since he's done it plenty of times before) and I can't really believe he didn't have an idea of what he was planning to do in later games. I could be giving too much credit to him, though...

He's lied to himself his whole life IT'S LIKE PUTTING ON A MASK

Still more emotionally stable than everybody else in this series 8D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I felt like that was more proof than anything that Nomura was pulling the wool over our eyes. Birth By Sleep came out less than a year after the specific interview he discussed Xemnas' age. By that point Nomura would have had a clear idea of how he planned to portray the apprentices in BBS, and if he really wanted to have stayed in-line with his statement Xehanort, all of the Apprentices, Lea and Isa would have looked exactly as their Nobody counterparts did in CoM/KH2/Days.

Days was one such game where it played with the concept of beings besides regular humans having hearts, like replicas and Nobodys like Roxas and Axel, but to have thrown that out in an interview seemed more like one of Nomura's many ways of deliberately throwing people off through lying (since he's done it plenty of times before) and I can't really believe he didn't have an idea of what he was planning to do in later games. I could be giving too much credit to him, though...

I agree. I tend also more to the interpretation that Nomura was trying to throw people off on purpose with the "Nobodies don't age"-thing. He was trying (again) to get people to speculate. Sadly, many people only got so far as to say "Nomura must be lying, Zexion obviously aged" instead of thinking that maybe there could be something more to the Nobodies than what was revealed and arguably "confirmed" in KH 2.

SoraForeverKH

gamerobber1do do you think Lea was one of the prisoners being experimented on? O_O[/QUOTE said:
My guess is that exactly. I hope the reveal more about Isa/Saïx and Lea/Axel back story from before they became nobodies after getting their hearts stolen from them in KH III.
With Lea/Axel now definitely being in my top favorite characters I would really like to know just what he went through during that time. He and Saïx certainly seemed to have a big grudge against Xemnas in 358/2 Days. I don't think they chose to give their hearts over to the Darkness.
There must be more to it all than we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back