• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Kingdom Hearts Short Story: The Mirror (Part 1)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Kingdom Hearts Short Story: The Mirror

It has been a few days since our trio has return to their normal lives. Ever since their bizarre encounter of adventures, things had never been peaceful for them and hardships unending. And still, even now when they have finally defeated Organization XIII, everyone knew that trouble was still brewing somewhere, for the Keyblade remained.

Keyblade. The strongest weapon in the world. A key that could return peace and harmony, as well as wrecking chaos be it the worlds, or hearts. Sora could still remember clearly the pain he felt when he was torn away from his friends. The loneliness without Kairi and Riku beside him, the helplessness when Riku deserted friend for Darkness… Even now he could taste the air of desperation when he received the shocking news of Kairi, kidnapped by Organization XIII.

And all this had happened because of the Keyblade. And he has unfortunately, chosen to be the Keyblade Wielder. If the Keyblade had never appeared, he would never have left Destiny Island, never had to be torn away from Kairi and Riku, never had to fight endlessly just to discover there was more disaster to come, never had to feel more sorrowful and dark in his attempt to save everything…

And you wouldn’t have met us Sora, Uh-hyuk! Sora immediately snapped out of his thoughts and looked around, bursting, “Goofy? Is Donald with you?” But that was but a mere illusion. The sound of the sea waves. He had heard Goofy’s voice deep down within his heart. It was a big disappointment as he sat down, looking the-end-of-the-world. But this has reminded him of something else. Of how much he had gained throughout his adventure. If he hadn’t traveled world to world in search of Riku and Kairi, he would never knew Donald and Goofy. Would never have met the ever-grim-looking Leon, playful Yuffie, gruffy Cid, cheeky old Merlin, Thoughtful Aerith, Aladdin, and so many others.

I would never have met my friends then. The lost is to be lost and the gain is to be gained. I have lost plenty, but I have gained more as well. He summoned the Kingdom Key to his hands and examined it under the gleaming sunlight. A smile crept onto his face. The Keyblade may be a terrible burden to behold, but it had repaid him with more than he could ever imagined. And that is everything. Although he did wonder grumpily about Donald and Goofy forbidding him from visiting them. They had insisted relentlessly that they should be the ones traveling here instead of him and the others going to Disney Castle…

WAAK! You’re not coming to Disney Castle without anyone proficient enough to pilot the vessel! Fly here with you piloting and you’ll be blasted before you could even take off! WAAK!

Gwarsh Sora, I don’t know whether you should pilot a Gummi Ship, the last time you do that we nearly crashed into a meteor, Uh-hyuk!

“Sora!” He tore his sight from the beautiful sunset and turned to see Kairi waving at him, the ever-so-angelic smile soothing his heart as she ran towards his direction. Patting the grain of sands of his clothes, he stood up and readied himself, grinning for a warm embrace.

*In Destiny Island Mega Mall*

“Kairi, would you mind taking this load of stuff by yourself?”

“No. It’s too heavy.”

“Since you knew that so well, why don’t you spare that arm of yours and take some of this burden? It’s your stuff!”

“Riku…”

“Okay Okay! Sora’s birthday! Right~ GROAN” Upon hearing Riku’s outburst Kairi smiled inwardly as she continued her massacre of items in the mall whom she claimed to be Sora’s present. In truth, she wasn’t that far-fetched, for half of the now one-storey high of wrapped presents was meant for Sora when his birthday comes (Riku’s money of course). And the other half? Well, not really worth mentioning, but of course they are girl’s stuff… her stuff…

“AGH! What’s this thing covering my eyes! I can’t see anything at all! It’s so dark!”

“It’s just a bra covering your eyes, stop the whining and STOP SHAKING! So I could throw it back up.”

“Oh, I’m feeling so sick… I’m definitely getting Sora for this…”

Two hours later, (By now it’s three-storeys high) Kairi finally decided that enough is enough and stopped by the food court. She felt totally exhausted and charged up a massive appetite despite Riku was the one looking as if he hadn’t been sleeping for three weeks. Panting like a dog, he set the almost unbearable load off his sore arms and immediately slipped away to satisfy his stomach, completely ignoring Kairi’s outburst of protest for putting her stuff on the ground. Still, she decided that she would let it go and eat herself full before spanking him. After all, the ravaneous look on Riku has created an aura of hunger as everyone within ten metres around him started to feel hungry again, and Kairi is one of them. But before that, she needed to use the bathroom.

“Riku! Take care of the bags okay? I’m going to the bathroom!”

*gobble gobble gobble*

Rolling her eyes, Kairi left Riku to savage his food and hopped away, whistling all along the path. It was clear that she was in love for that dreamy look on her face gave away anything. As she washed her face she stared intently into the mirror. There, a cute red hair girl that had won everyone’s heart in Destiny Island for her beauty and innocence. But only one person had claimed hers. The spiky hair boy that has won the world its peace, more friends that he could ever imagined and one more thing that he treasured the most.

Her heart.

Oh Sora, she sighed, I love you so much, as you I. We both knew it, but why couldn’t we just say it? Ever since that day when the three of them are finally reunited, Sora has been quiet, very very quiet. He had avoided meetings, often sat alone on the beach for hours and acting very strangely. But she was sure that it was only temporary. Soon, Sora will turn back into that old cheerful self again. She turned her back against the mirror and began to walk towards outside, wishing out loud, “I do hope that the birthday party would bridge that small chasm between us, forever.”

Now now, dear, I certainly don’t think that that, is possible.” Shocked by the voice behind her, Kairi immediately jumped forward and turned around. What she saw shocked her to the very core of her heart. A perfect replicate of herself has just stepped out of the mirror and staring coldly at her. The evil smile never vanished when Kairi was blasted full on the face by Dark energy as she slumped onto the floor, more dead than alive. Her vision began to turn black.

Even though Riku was completely oblivious to his surroundings when he was eating, he began to feel worried for Kairi. It has been a full thirty minutes since she had went into the bathroom. Considering that girls always took time to ‘decorate’ themselves especially when they’re alone, he had allowed his logic to drive away natural instinct. But something was terribly wrong. He suddenly remembered that Kairi had never bothered to do any make-up of her own until today; she was just beginning to learn so and that’s why she had bought so much stuff. His heart began to felt with dread as he stood up and ran towards the girl’s bathroom. That dread was strangely familiar… No! It felt like Darkness! Riku ignored the startled crowd around him as he brought up his Keyblade and charged into the bathroom. “KAIRI! Are you –“

“What on earth are you doing Riku? Get out of here AT ONCE!” There she was, holding a lipstick to her face as she tried to cover her tattered face. Riku was rocked completely off his feet. Kairi’s face was a disaster: She had red marks all over her cheeks and nose as she tried futilely to wiped them off and kick Riku in the hide at the same time. After a crazy minute of laughter, Riku finally got up to his feet and struggled to speak, “Well Kairi… *Ahahahaha* I’ll leave you *Ugh!* To yourself and be sure to be quick okay?” he began to turn away.

A bloody dark claw stuck out of his chest. Riku’s eyes widened as he began to feel the beginnings of a blackout. Before pain took him into oblivion, he heard a terrible voice that is Kairi’s chuckling coldly behind his head, “Be happy that I was merciful, for you were once one of us.”

The Kairi Replica pulled out her claw and left Riku sprawled all over the floor. There was no blood, but the gaping hole where it had struck began to blacken. Soon Darkness will took over his body and disintegrate it into nothingness. A portal of Darkness opened to lead her to the beach of Destiny Island.

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Sora!” Kairi Replica waved her hands towards Sora as she ran towards him. Sora was smiling like the sun as he opened his arms, expecting an embrace.

She smiled.

A Kingdom Hearts Short Story: The Mirror (Part 2)
Kairi woke up from her sleep, feeling as if she had just been through a war for her entire body felt sore and exhausted. Shuffling her red hair, she looked around, feeling utterly confused by the scenery around her. One thing for sure, she was nowhere near her bedroom, or her house, or the mall… the mall!

“What in the blazes is going on??” Immediately she hopped to her feet, trembling with fear when the memories finally returned. She was attacked by her other self that came through a mirror, and she remembered blacking out after the Dark energy blasted her off her feet. And then… what happened? Where is she anyway? Her surroundings were awfully familiar, yet something wasn’t right. Everything was so… dark. How long has she been unconscious, anyway? Frantically Kairi scouted around with her hands flailing wildly, trying to make sense with a clouded brain. It took her a full minute before she finally registered that she was at the Destiny Island beach. But how exactly did she get here? Why wasn’t she killed, confined, or whatever, so that she couldn’t call for help? Instead she was left around here where Sora could be easily found sulking nearby… And speaking of Sora, that guy sitting over there looks exactly like…

“SORA!” Nothing else could’ve sparkled such a wild joy than to see Sora at this critical moment. Kairi ran towards Sora with such incredible speed that she was panting heavily when she finally reached him. Kairi looked up, but strangely Sora wasn’t showing any reactions. He just sat there, staring into the ocean, even though it’s so pitch black around here that nothing could be seen…

“Sora! Am I glad to see you! There’s a… Hey, why aren’t you answering me? It’s a very rude thing to do you know!… Sora?” With every second passing by Kairi was getting more and more anxious. Her words started to slow down and finally, came to a complete stop. Beside her, Sora finally stirred and looked at Kairi. Suddenly…

“WOW!” Both of them fell backwards at the unexpected exclamation. Without delay, Sora yelled out loudly, “Kairi! Stop freaking me out like that! That’s the last time you ever do that okay?” Completely caught off guard, Kairi somehow managed a bit of self-control and bit back playfully, “No, YOU stop ignoring me like that or else you’ll have to live through this with me, forever! Is that understood?”

Silence reigned. Sora looked so stunned and surprised that it took Kairi a few seconds to realize what she has just revealed. Her cheeks were rose red to boiling point as she frantically tried to hide her embarrassment with everything, “No! I mean… I mean that we… I was just joking! I…”

“Oh… you’re just… joking…” Sadness swept across Sora’s face as he diverted his gaze towards the ocean once again. His voice came low and monotonous, “I should’ve known it from the beginning… But I did, it’s just that I didn’t want to admit it… After all that we’ve been through, after everything that I’ve done… you never truly liked me…” And with that, he ran away.

If there was anything more than the face of death that could stun Kairi, it was this. Not even the initial shock of facing a killer with her body could’ve sent more electrical impulses down her heart and soul. Before she knew what she was doing, she was running faster than before, towards the one she had loved so much, “Sora! Don’t go! Please! Please! I… I love you as well!” Sora came to an abrupt stop, causing Kairi to ram directly into him, but nothing else mattered. Her arms wrapped around his waist tightly, “I’ve always loved you, from the first time we met, but I just couldn’t say it… I never thought I’d hear this from you, you, you evil, terrible spiky haired idiot –“

“Say no more, Kairi. Say no more.” Sora gently unfolded her arms and turned around. His blue eyes were shining with wild happiness and love as she stared directly at her cute, innocent face. His lips parted a little, and slowly he spoke with a voice like never before, “If that is so, Kairi, then – then let me fill myself with you… I love you too.” His strong arms began to wrap around her shoulders, slowly and gently pulling Kairi into his embrace and towards his lips. Such feelings were something that Kairi had never felt before: Bewilderment, happiness, anticipation? But she could no longer resist. As do he. Slowly she closed her eyes, her lip parted slightly as she allowed herself to rapidly close the distance between them, to give herself to him…

It was the terrible pain on his chest that woke Riku up from his sleep. How long has it been, seconds, minutes, hours? It matters not. Kairi is in danger, and Sora as well. That boy would never be able to differentiate true and false for even he had fail to notice the existence of that Kairi Replica. Her Dark powers are so powerful… Argh… But I must get to the beach… before Sora falls into her trap… he had no answer why he hadn’t died on the spot, although he suspects that his familiarity to Darkness before might have something to do with it. But what matters now is his survival, Sora’s and Kairi’s. If he cannot reach there quick enough…

He dared not even think about that.

Despite being a lazy person, Sora has never failed to notice Kairi’s every movement. As Riku never failed to notice his notice towards Kairi (Suddenly, the memories of being blackmailed by Riku for uncountable times flashed through). And today, something was definitely wrong with Kairi. Even though he noted that she was exactly like before, he could feel it deep within his heart. There was a difference. But what exactly?

“Oof!” Kairi charged into his stomach so hard that he was flung backwards, and both of them fell to the ground. Sora’s face reddened when he realized that Kairi was directly on top of him, completely oblivious to the fact that he was feeling two soft lumps on his chest and that his heart quickened to the point a heart attack is about to occur…

“Sora?” A pair of round, crystal blue eyes stared at his.

“Hmm?”

“I love you.” And she clung onto him and kissed.

The first thing Sora felt was instant blackout. The next however, was her soft lips slowly coursing on his mouth so gently that he might have just flew to heaven by then. Completely stunned by her reaction, he felt his hands began to move involuntarily towards Kairi’s back and hugged her as he kissed back with the same burning passion that has been hidden beneath him for so long. How long, he thought with an edge of mad happiness, have I’ve wanted this. This pair of lips… He was so mesmerized that he never noticed a Dark claw began to morph and poised in a striking position. A few more seconds, and all would be over…

“SORA! RUN!” Riku had been running so fast that everyone around him only so a blur of line racing towards the direction of the beach. But he knew he wasn’t quick enough. For the first time in his life, he wished that the power of Darkness was open to him so he could open a Dark portal and immediately find Sora, not running for a full five miles so he could rescue his friends. And surely enough, he was too late. By the time he had reached the beach, Kairi Replica was ready to put that wicked claw of hers through Sora’s body and rip him apart. He shouted out with all his might.

Sora heard Riku’s voice loud and clear, but that doesn’t make sense. Why on earth would Riku screamed for him to run away, especially when… Suddenly, he realized something. The Kingdom Key shone into his palm and knocked Kairi off him just before she thrust her claw, aiming for his chest. She howled in pain as the blow caught her full in the side, but what had angered her more is that Sora had escaped! When she looked up again, she saw him blazing with fury as he brought his weapon up to a fighting stance. Riku ran towards his side and spoke with uncontrolled anger, “She’s got Kairi. We must get to Kairi before it’s too late.” Sora nodded and charged towards Kairi Replica with speed rivaling the lightning. His weapon his poised to thrust her heart. But before he could do so, Kairi Replica smiled and whispered a few words so soft that none could hear except him.

The Keyblade stopped at mid-air, and that was all Kairi Replica needed to slam Sora backwards with her now gigantic claw. The Keyblade Master grimaced in pain, but his fear completely overwhelmed the pain on his arms. Riku was momentarily confused by Sora’s hesitance, yelling loudly, “Why did you stop? We must defeat her now!”

“We can’t.”

“What? Why?”

“Anything we do to her… Kairi will feel it too.”

(Ah crap, I can't change the title! Now it's stuck saying part 1? What am I going to do? Anyone, help me??)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back