• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► A Kingdom Hearts Short Story: 'Happy Dreams'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
A Kingdom Hearts Short Story: 'Happy' Dreams

Part I:

It was morning. Sunshine shone through the curtains of Sora's room and landed directly on his face. At first it would seemed that he was having a really deep sleep, but a closer look told things differently. His eyes were clenched too tight, his hands holding the blankets underneath his body in a death grip, and his legs were thrashing. This would've gone on even longer if it wasn't for Kairi's voice calling out from outside the windows, "Sora! Sora! Wake up already! We're gonna be late for school!" He stirred. There was something that's holding him in his dreams, would not allow him to return to reality, and he was fighting with everything he had to wake up, but it wasn't enough. Then he heard another voice. Riku's voice.

"I'll handle this, Kairi. Watch me."

Before Sora could dive out of the way and into safety, a surge of energy has blasted him off the bed and into the wall. Dazed he might be, but there was no mistake of the smirk on Riku's face. And Kairi's restrained giggles that burst into uncontrollable laughter. Slowly but steadily, he got up to his feet and stared daggers at Riku, his eyes blazing dangerously, "You've blasted -" he looked into the huge gap where his windows once were, "- twelve thousand munny outta my purse just to wake me up?" Riku looked around mockingly, pretending that he was surprised by the destruction that he's caused, "Oh my god Sora, what on earth could've did that? I would never have done such a blasphemy in my entire life. In fact, I do good by waking my best pal up with a healthy dose of - Agh!" And Sora charged into him with his head. It no longer mattered to Sora that his garden would be dirtied to the point of no return. As they fought Kairi simply stared at the tangled mass of Sora and Riku, giggling non-stop. She sat down on the grass and looked into the sky.

"It's a beautiful day, right Sora?"

Sora and Riku released themselves and sat on the grass, looking at the same direction as they felt the silent breeze swept over them, the sun shining.

"Yeah."

While Riku and Kairi managed to escape punishment as this is the first time they had ever been late to school, Sora was not so lucky. In fact, he had never failed to arrive late to school, and this time Mr. Jameson was mad.

"Sora?"

*Gulp* "...Yes?"

"GET OUTTA MY CLASS AND STRAIGHT TO THE HEADMASTER'S ROOM!"

It felt like the Northen Pole for Sora. The Headmaster of Destiny's School has been well-known for his ruthlessness and creativity in punishing ill-behaving students. Sora could still remember clearly the day when Tidus was dragged out of the classroom by the impossibly strong Headmaster and thrown into a truck. No one knows where the Headmaster drove Tidus to and what he did to him, but all remembered the complete terror and anguish on Tidus' face when they came back, and since then Tidus has never played anymore pranks in class again. To the students, it was a miracle. To Sora and Riku and Kairi, they believed that the Headmaster must have a cloning facility somewhere to clone a new Tidus and disposed of the real person. And now...

But there was no escape. Out of nowhere, two prefects stepped into the classroom and held Sora on both arms. Without a single word, they marched him out of the classroom and towards the office. Sora was afraid, very afraid indeed. He didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to Kairi! As all sorts of frightening weapons of torture course through his mind like a racing horse, he realised that he was there. Too fast, you stupid prefects! In front of the dreaded door of Doom. Sora thought he could saw a glimpse of terror on both of the prefects face before they opened the door, threw him in and scurried away like thieving rats. Groaning at the ungraceful fall, he stood up and looked around.

To Sora's big surprising, everything seemed to be normal. Shelves of books, ancient looking artifacts, a wide glass table and a comfortable feather-cased chair. Typical items for any Headmaster of a school. He couldn't see the Headmaster though, he was giving Sora his back and did not turn around. It was as if Sora was unworthy to talk with face to face! A bit of anger flared, but subsided as quickly as the flash of light when a cold, deathly voice resonated around the room.

"What is your name, boy?" It was so cold, so inhuman that Sora nearly tripped over his own feet! Shivering slightly, he replied with a hint of fear, "Sora, sir. The name's Sora."

Silence. Then it was complete silence. As Sora waited anxiously for a reply, he noticed that the thuderous emotions within his heart were threatening to overflow. It was as if an alarm bell had rang soundlessly behind his mind, and he could do nothing to stop it. After several unbearable minutes of silence, Sora finally decided that he cannot take the pressure anymore longer and burst out in defence, "It wasn't my fault, Headmaster! I didn't choose to wake up late! I had a dream last night, and it was horrible! There was this guy there, he was holding me down and I couldn't get up! I struggled and struggled until I was exhausted, but -"

Sora stopped abruptly, completely dumbfounded. What on earth is he talking about? He had no recollections of that dream before, at least until he stepped into this room. At least until the Headmaster has asked him about his name. Something was terribly wrong, but he cannot understand, he simply cannot understand! What in the nine hells is happening? But Sora knew he was right in the middle of the trouble. Instinctively he ran towards the door, to escape this horrible place that threatened to drown him with unspeakable emotions, but it just wouldn't open! It was as if the door had been glued to this one and only exit, for the doorknob just wouldn't turn, the piece of heavy oak just won't budge! Slowly he turned around, straining a half smile on his face as he spoke outloud, this time trembling, "H-Headmaster, the door seemed t-to be locked. Could you g-give me the key to open it?" And still there was no answer from him! Bastard, it was as if -

Suddenly, everything made sense. His mind froze as he moved across the room, never really knowing what he was doing. A trance, that's it, I must be in a trance or something, he thought with a crazy smile. His hands touched the Headmaster's chair and turned it over. Numbness coursed through his body.

There was no one. There never was. Sora suddenly understood what was wrong when he first came in. He should've seen two pairs of feet, one his and the other pair the Headmaster's. But instead, he saw no feet except his own.

Kingdom Key shone into Sora's palm. Now nearly mad with fear, he charged towards the door and slammed the Keyblade as hard as he could on the door, intending to destroy it and get out of there forever. But to his utter horror, it merely bounced away as if it is a toy and quickly vanished into nothingness. No matter how many times Sora tried, he cannot summon his Keyblade. Sora fell to his knees, crying. His last hope was gone and he was trapped in this place.There is no escape. He could see feet moving underneath the door, but no matter how hard he screamed for help, no one came. No one at all.

He heard his laughter, his cold cruel laughter.

And he screamed.

Wake up.

Last edited:

Xuan

Making Part I short because I'm thinking of finishing it in Part II. Don't worry, I'm barely hitting 1/5 or even 1/6 of the story, just giving you guys a taste of what it's like.

Trapped in a confined space and alone as the first nightmare. Does it seemed a bit too unhorrifying? Of course, nightmares should always strike in such an order: Bad, very bad, worse, worse worse, worse worse worse. So be sure to read Part II when it comes out, cause it'll be great.

Merlin326

quite curiouy what you have going. when you mentioned the name of his teacher, Jameson, i couldnt help but think "Take a letter, Jameson"... but you probably dont know what in the "nine hells" (what, referecing DnD now?) i'm talking about.i need to not watch so much Groucho Marx.

anyway, good start. i hope to see the rest soon.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Xuan

Always wanted to put that 'what in the nine hells' in the story, just couldn't find the right place until now :D

Yes Avera, it's going to be mostly a dream, mostly. But again, if nightmares only happen in dreams then it wouldn't be fun, right? Hahaha, I'll give you guys this spoiler. I'm going to kill off Kairi. Twisted reality and dreams, guess which?

Xuan

Part II
"I do not understand, One. What is it do you want from the Keyblade Master?"

A lone figure stepped out from the corner of the magnificent castle, to probe his leader's plan for Sora. He simply could not understand why the boy was so important. So weak. So fragile.

"Not today, Chapel. Not today. Once Maretine succeeds, I shall tell you about my intentions... How many times should I tell you to adress me by my name? You do not need to respect me, Chapel. We are after all, equals." Turning around to face him was an old man of ancient. The bald head and funny beard has never failed to amuse him, and yet the thought to smile never crossed his mind. He knew very well that the old man's appearance are no judge to the true power he held.

Even though One had insisted again and again that they are equals, he knew the truth more than anything else in the world. Friends they might be, but the line between their existence lies all too clearly. And still, the fact that One would regard him and only him as an equal flattered him mightily. His tone lightened, "Why not now? Surely a simple explanation would not disrupt your plans, aye?"

One closed his eyes and savoured a moment of silence before answering slowly, "You should know how Maretine operates. He does not like his work... uncovered." Before the lone figure could say anything else, One jogged away as if he was a three years old, whistling in a tune so joyous that the rainbows around the castle seemed to dim in shame. He gave a small frown before continued his facial expression with an understanding smile.

Funny guy. He always is.

Chapel headed back towards the door he came from, and silently cursed Maretine for setting his original plans back.

Sora woke up with a start again. What a horrible nightmare! I certainly hope that it would not happen again, Phew! Slowly, he got up from his bed and instinctively reached for the curtains. It was too dark around here, he cannot see a thing. Must be the extra layer I put on yesterday, he spoke to himself outloud. But then he frowned to himself. Something isn't quite right. How come he couldn't touch the curtains? And why isn't there his voice -

And suddenly he found himself hanging above a pithole, his arms bounded by a single chain. It came as a surprise, and surprise quickly turned into utter horror. Immediately he tried freeing himself from his bounds, thrashing around trying free his arms but to no avail. What is this? he cried outloud, what on earth is happening to me? But no matter how hard he shouted, he cannot be heard even to himself. There's simply no voice. Suddenly Sora remembered that sound is actually ripples of air, a distruption to the air particles around that support his life. Funny that he actually remembered what Mr Jameson taught in his school, given that he slept through most of his class -

He couldn't breathe. It happened so quickly that he released the air in his lungs and was unable to suck back anything. His gasps came in fast and shallow, but he simply couldn't get the air he needed so much. He was suffocating to death! Sora's body began to thrash around wildly as the pressure built. Never had he felt so desperate and painful in his life. His lungs is on fire and his head is throbbing madly. It felt like a worm, a flesh eating worm chomping in his chest, and with each greedy bite his chest felt as if it was about to explode. And so he struggled and struggled and struggled. But it was a futile effort. There was no way he could escape. The pain was unbearable. Sora could feel his strength leaving him, his mind shattered into a million pieces by the unending torment. He knew it should only take a few minutes for him to pass out, so why exactly isn't he having jus that?! End this! End my torment! Whatever this is! Whatever you are! End it now!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It was the most pleasant job One had ever gave him. It has been a long time before he could torment his victims. Not since he was captured by the Keyblade Wielders of the past and sentenced to death. One had saved him, One had given him freedom. And even better, he was given the chance to do this, finally, after ten years -

Another mindless scream from Sora. What a waste of effort. There is no hope in this world. There never was. Scream as you like, to struggle so hard that you make a fool out of yourself, but you could never escape the torment. Never. So Sora, he whispered into his ears with a cruel smile, How does it taste? But he doubted Sora could ever heard him. He was busy feeling... something else. What Maretine felt now was pleasant enough for him to stop this and move on to the next course he had prepared. But no. Unfortunately for you, Sora. Maretine gave another cold laughter of triumph. Yes, this is what he had been seeking. To torture the hated Keyblade Wielders until they are all ripped apart. Forever. And after all of Sora's soundless pleas and mindless begging, there was no release. There would not be at all, if One had not warned him to not overstep the boundaries... Yes, One's order shall be his command, but he will not stop until hours later, so he would savour the distorted face of Sora's, to lick on his fear until it became wild and uncontrollable, to feast on his torment and the screams in his head.

I love you Sora. This is, but the beginning of my pleasure, hahahahahahaha...

Thousands of blades sprang to life around Sora.

Riku has always hated his school bag for getting in his way, and this time he decided that he would get rid of it once and for all. Not that the stupid bag tripped him off the school fence again, but this time it had nearly prevented him to avoid a fatal blow from his left side. The bag was ripped apart by a massive sword. Papers flew everywhere while Riku summoned The Way to Dawn into his hands. He stared intently at the huge, bulky figure several metres in front him.

It was a beast. It wore a bear's face, and yet his size would've put the biggest of the species to shame. It was at least ten metres high and three metres wide, and yet its body was so well shaped and muscled that it looked like a human. Even more astonishingly was the fact that he had a two pair of hands and a pair of car-sized feet. But perhaps the most surprising thing about this beast is the fact that it could talk.

"Hello, Riku. I trust that your peace lasted long enough to lick the wounds in your heart, aye?" A growl rose to its voice. Riku was completely stunned, but he managed to find his voice and spoke clearly, "You... what on earth are you? And why did you attack me?"

The mighty beast raised an eyebrow before answering angrily, emphasisng each words with the deep hatred he felt for everyone and everything, "So, the mighty Keyblade Master would mock me huh? You must be wanting to die -" Before Riku could react, the beast shot forwards and swung his sword on him mightily, "NOW!" It was pure instinct that has saved Riku's life. Leaping aside with everything he got, he managed to save himself from being crushed into a pancake by a hair's breath. He's unbelievably fast! Riku thought in frustation, This ain't going to be an easy fight. Not at all.

And he charged into the great beast, The Way to Dawn gleaming like a diamond under the sun.

Somewhere near Destiny's Street, Kairi is hopping cheerfully towards Sora's house. A happy smile came to her face when she thought of the present she got for Sora. And of course, the kiss that she'll never miss in her entire life.

Sora had always heard that suffocating to death is the most painful way to die ever, but what he was bearing now was nothing compared to the pain of losing skin. And limbs. This time, he could feel the air entering his lungs and the slight relief that swept through his being like aswift wind. But he soon wished that he hadn't got them.

A blade stabbed into his stomach as pain and blood exploded in his head. Then he felt his left index finger sliced off with effortless precision. Then the slow, easy scrapping on his right thigh until all the skin was scaled off. And it began to scrap on his flesh.

The melody of hell, begins.

Maretine began to play his piano. And at once music reigned as more blades plunged into Sora's body almost hungrily. With eerie perfection Maretine waved and lifted the sweet melody throughout the entire process; he intended to scrap Sora to the bones. Tone by tone he struck as one by one they sticked in and out of Sora's body, making this strange 'earkkk' sound when they enter, but nevertheless it is beatiful. Too beautiful. But this is not the climax yet, he must raise the melody to even higher grounds to float above the fluffy clouds and -

TWANG. A broken string. A devastated song. How unpleasant. Unpleasant indeed. All the blades vanished into htin air as he reached to a Sora's that half mad now.

"Hello, Sora." Maretine spoke sweetly, his pointy teeth flashing.

"Hehe... haha.. eee hehehe... Who... What... WAHOO! Hehe..." Sigh, he had lost his mind completely. Unfortunate, truly unfortunate. And so Maretine decided that it was enough, that carving out his organs and his eyes and skinning him alive and chopping off his legs are overkill. And to his knowledge, the only way to overcome an overkill is to...

Bring it higher.

And so this time, with both eyeballs popped back into Sora's eye sockets, he grabbed his hair and tore out a huge chunk of it, revelling in the anguish shouts Sora gave. Slowly, he whispered into his ears, "Now now, m' boy, I knew we're far from done just yet. You're a strong kid, you know that? I couldn't believe you were plotting how to escape even under such... joyful events, but guess what? You'll enjoy this even further..."

Donald and Goofy were the ones strung up now, and the same torment Sora's been through was happening to them as well. At Sora's shock yell and desperate moans, Maretine smiled devilishly. He slowly paced back towards his piano.

And so the tune rose again, accompanied by Sora's screams for his non-existent friends, and the joy for the revival of the shiny blades, and thus began the most beautiful melodies ever existed in the world.

The music of life, and death.

One stepped into his laboratory. It wasn't very big, merely a few hectares wide, but to One, it would be sufficient. And until he could choose a bigger and better one in the near future, he'll just have to wait patiently.

After all, Sora's playing right into their hands.

Staring into the left corner of his eyes, a screen projecting an image of the Nightmares conducted joyfully by Maretine. And he was doing a splendid job in closing down the boy's heart. In fact, it was a masterpiece. One was glad that he had chose Maretine for the work, for he had completely surpassed Hyphon in the art of scarring the heart.

What a beautiful manipulation of the heart. Simply gorgeous.

But still, One is unsatisfied. The art Maretine's drawing now is still lacking of something. Something... sensational. And he knew exactly what it is.

He waited patiently for Maretine to finally end his beautiful melody before relying instructions on how to improve. And of course, Sora' gonna be the guinea pig as well as their key to total victory.

Riku was hurt in many places. The head, the arm... just name it. He is a monster! A monster! He nearly toppled over as another powerful bash struck him and was forced to dodge roll away from the beast. He had tried every single trick in the book and used every ounce of strength in his body to defeat it, and unbelievably, nothing works. His powerful slashes did nothing except for some small scratches, sometimes nothing at all. And his magics merely burned away some of the beast's chest hair. He nearly laughed at the thought, except that the grim reality had kept him rooted and fighting with all of his might. Slash by slash he dealt on the great beast, pushing it back with surprising ferocity and yet he wasn't hurt at all. For the first time in thirty minutes of intense battle, the beast laughed, "Is that what you've got, Riku? My grandma would've fought you and won! You had me really disappointed..." And the beast vanished from Riku's sight. Riku frantically looked around with his Keyblade poised for attacks from all directions.

But he forgot to look up.

And there was this bone crunching blow the beast dealt upon Riku's head, and he knew no more.

"You didn't kill him, did you Beast?" One questioned seriously. He had a curious dislike for death even though he had done more murders than he could count with a supercomputer.

"No, I did not. And what does my prey have to do with you anyway? Mind your own buisness!" Beast had never liked obeying orders from One. He hated everything in this world including himself. And One was one of them. But then again, One always had a way to control his beastly form, to control his rising temper, and to tame him before he went out of control. And for that, he was secretly grateful, even though he never showed it to anyone. Until he could locate the hated scientist who had done this to him, he shall follow his orders. Until then.

One waved his hands dramatically before answering Beast with an air of apology, "Oh no, my powerful Beast! I had no intentions to stand between you and your prey, or should I say what rights do I have to do so! But Riku... Riku is a valuable asset, very valuable indeed. His existence was a miracle itself: Tainted by the Darkness, and yet he still existed as a human. He was unlike anything I've seen before! Therefore -"

"- Should he not stands in our way, we shall keep him alive and study him, until we understand what he truly is. Trust me, One. We all know and understood." It was Chapel. He stepped into the laboratory with a smug look on his face. One's expression shown nothing but pleasant surprise but Beast's face grew more solemn and serious. He was unhappy and angered for some reason.Snarling, he stomped out of the room and left them alone. Chapel stared directly into One's eyes, and instantly both knew what was about to unfold. The fall of the Keyblade Master.

One of the screens showed a cheerful Kairi knocking on Sora's house with a beautifully wrapped present on her hands.

One smiled.

If there was anything Sora wanted more than Kairi in his life, it was death, now. It was the only way he could escape, the only way he could end this eternity of madness. He was taking a bath in a pithole of hot, boiling blood, his blood. He had never known hell. He knew it now.

But what that had maddened him more is the fact that Donald and Goofy were suffering just as much as he is. He cannot see what was happening to them, his eyes were forcefully pulled out by the horrible scum called Maretine, disallowing him from seeing what he was doing to his friends. Their terrible screams are the worst sounds that he had ever heard in his entire life. Drenching is red, bloody red hell in this panic filled fear contained hell of hellness -

Suddenly he was himself again, Kingdom Key ready in his palm and Maretine stood in front of him, smiling. He was perfectly normal, filled with energy and more importantly, out of pain. Out of everything.

Out of the nightmare. And now, something that has never burned in his heart ignited. Hatred. Impossibly deep hatred. His grip grew tighter as his Keyblade shone with Light.

Maretine rose his hands in a gesture for Sora to attack. And without hesitation, he did, screaming like a maddened monster and he charged into Maretine with no other intentions except for murder. Thirty steps now. Twenty. Ten.

Zero. He swung his Keyblade down in a massive arc, aiming for the neck.

Kairi was angry. Very angry. She knew Sora was in the house for she could see him through a peek hole Riku had dug on his bedroom years ago. He was actually still sleeping when she was out there, banging on the door and calling out his name so loud! Her eyebrows arched dangerously as she summoned her Keyblade to her hands and unlocked the door. There is no way Sora's going to get out of this one, she'll definitely beat the heck out of him. The famous hands-on-the-hips pose was out to strike fear once again, and it was rumoured that Riku armoured to the teeth would've look less intimidating than her fury. She stepped to Sora's side and growled angrily as Sora let out another loud snore that threatened to blow her ears. She sucked in some air and readied her fist. It's pounding time.

All the sudden, Sora's eyes fluttered open to reveal a red, seething hatred before he gave a hideous scream of madness and swung the Kingdom Key as hard as he could to Kairi's neck. And it was bye-bye Kairi, forever.

Is it?

Sora never knew until it was too late to stop. To his horror, Maretine had turned into a terrified Kairi and before she could even scream, his Keyblade sliced her head off clean and perfect. His hands began to tremble as he stared at the lifeless head that he had loved so much in his life. The headless body began to spray out a fountain of crimson blood all over his body. His heart. His soul.

"H - A - A - A - U - A - A - U - A - U - A - A - A - A - A - A - A - A - A - A - A - H ! ! !"

Life has never been so beautiful, hellishly. Unable to believe, unable to trust, Sora conjured up a false fantasy that none of this had ever happened, it never had -

And the Darkness took him, as he fell into an endless slumber, determined to stay exactly that way forever, for the pain truth of reality is too much...

Wait! What is... that Light?

Man, and I thought you were stronger than that, Sora! Wake up!

Wake up... and to see her dead in my hands? NEVER!

Who says she's dead, anyway? See the truth for yourself, Sora! Hmph, and I thought my other was better than he looks!

Sora began to reach out for the Light.

Roxas...

He was awake. His hands still hold the Kingdom Key, and his assault was as real as the world around him, except that the Kingdom Key has stopped a milimetre away from Kairi's neck. Finally freed from her shock, Kairi stumbled away from Sora and held her neck to see if its alright. Her eyes shone nothing but fear and terror. She could not understand, not at all, that sudden light of madness and torment she had saw in his eyes. And she thought -

She thought he really wanted to kill her. Sora.

Sora's heart was shattered to pieces when he saw the undisguised emotions of horror and repulsion behind Kairi's eyes, but the deep wave of relief swept through his heart and soul was real. True.

He had not killed her. He never intended to. He began to turn away before Kairi called out, her voice trembling, "Sora? What.. What was -"

"I'm sorry. I had to go. I must find Riku... Never come near me again, I'm afraid that -" He feared that he might burst into tears and the grim reality that dawned upon him, and so he leaped towards the cool air above him and flew away.

And still she sat there, dazed and frightened.

Ten minutes later, Sora discovered Riku near the beach, and quickly healed him to full health. Still dizzy from the blow on the head, he failed to stop Sora from flying away. Left before he could even mutter a thanks. he had no idea what had happened, but still, there was no mistake. There was unbearable grief in his eyes.

One was furious. His fist slammed into the computer screen so hard that he punctured a gaping hole in it. Chapel quickly vanished from his sight before One decided to land his wrath upon him. It was his turn to stomp away from his laboratory, swearing on top of his lungs that he will kill Maretine, the Nightmare Artist no matter where he tried to hide. And he was right, as always. Ten minutes later, somewhere in the sewers of Destiny Island, a hideous howl of misery broke out, and Maretine is no more.

*Back in the laboratory*

"... Xehanort." Ah, how much had he missed that name. That title that was granted to him, so much better than the one given by his parents. One sighed deeply at his past memories.

"Ah, Chapel. Is that you? Forgive me for my outburst." One paced back and forth aimlessly, his mind distorted by Maretine's failure. He had been a fool, a complete fool to trust Maretine who cares more about his own personal interest than work. And now he had payed dearly, very dearly indeed.

Seeing that there was no harm, Chapel began to ask questions. He spoke slowly, "I do not understand, Xehanort. Maretine failed, but why must you kill him? He made a simple mistake, that's all."

"Mistake!" One bellowed. Instantly Chapel grew silent, as One began to continue his speech, this time angrily, "Mistake, that he had failed to scar the boy's heart! Mistake, that he had failed to close the boy's heart once and for all, and instead made him stronger than ever! Mistake, that he had caused us the Kingdom Key!" And he grew silent again, leaving Chapel to wonder about his last sentence. The Kingdom Key, Chapel thought to himself, so that's what he as after?

"Yes, Chapel. That is what I want. The Keyblade of the Realm of Light."

Chapel was startled. It had been ten years, and still he cannot get used to One reading his mind as easily as he would study a book. One finally calmed down, but still he spoke with and angry hiss, "We failed to close the boy's heart. And so the Kingdom Key would still be bounded to Sora, and without the Key we are unable to obtain Kingdom Hearts, the Hearts of All Worlds. It as a simple mistake, but a fatal one. It had caused us everything." Again he raised his arms high in the air in a dramatic gesture, his mouth working furiously, "The first rule of survival! Strike down the strongest person and the blocks shall toppled in our favour! The most important rule of the arts of heart, to crush without hesitation! And although I had completed the first rule for Maretine, he still failed in absolutely everything!" One began to pant heavily. It was not good to subject a body to anger.

Chapel decided that it would be safe to ask, even though it might invoke One's wrath, again, "But... if we are to obtain the Kingdom Key of the Realm of Light, then surely we would also want to take the Key of the Realm of the Darkness. And definitely, Sora is not the strongest of all! Have you forgotten King Mickey?"

One froze suddenly, and Chapel held his breath. To his amazement, One began to laugh, "The mouse? Him?" One blasted a hole in his laboratory again so fast that Chapel nearly fell over. One's eyes seemed to burn with ill enjoyment, "I had never forgotten him, never. He seemed so useless, so young, so weak, that I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that his existence would never affect my plans. And ten years ago, it was this harmless little mouse that has foiled everything." He took a deep breath before continuing, "And I shall not make the same mistake again. Sora may look weak and harmless, but if a mouse could wreck my every plans, so will Sora. After all," He gave a feral grin that Chapel has never seen before, "King Mickey's time had passed."

He gestured to the screen on top of his head. Chapel looked up and saw that Disney Castle is under attack, and King Mickey and Donald and Goofy and the others fleeing on a Gummi Ship. The Cornerstone of Light was theirs now. Disney Castle has fallen.

"He is now truly, useless." And the screen was switched off. One turned around and stared directly into Chapel's eyes. He began to relay his orders, "You would tell Hyphon that it is his turn to prove his worthiness. You would tell him that if he fails, he shall receive the same fate as Maretine. The same goes if King Mickey and his followers enters Destiny Island. I will give no mercy." And again he disappeared, vanished just like that, but not before he finished his sentence.

"As always."

Last edited:

Xuan

The end of the 2nd story, 'Happy Dreams. Have fun reading it. It had not go as smoothly as planned, for I have lost my golden touch, Stephen King's touch (DAMN AGAIN!). I don't think it would terrify anyone now. Until I've regain it, I'll just weep on my bed and do black magic in the dead of the night.

:p

Maverick E.S

Virus
Ima fast reader and might I say...its good to read some of your work now youve done very well with this but is it the end of the story like literally or the story is really over? cause im confused

Xuan

There's a third story, remember? The confusing ride?

As long as I quickly rediscover my golden touch, the third story should be much better than this.

Edit 1: After digging out the old stories I've wrote, I discover that I've lost more than I had expected. I guess I'll have to do more studying than I ever thought possible...

Last edited:

Merlin326

some details were a bit... disturbing, for my taste, but all in all not a bad piece of work, Xuan. you have me very interested in this little story. you dont have to have the perfect touch to attract readers (i did, however, notice some spelling and grammer errors, so you know).

"He had a curious dislike for death even though he had done more murders than he could count with a supercomputer."

lol, that is actually quite clever, Xuan.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back