• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
So with the anniversary having come and gone with no word on a show should we declare this rumor dead? Or is there a chance it still might be announce somewhere down the line?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So with the anniversary having come and gone with no word on a show should we declare this rumor dead? Or is there a chance it still might be announce somewhere down the line?
I forgot that was even a thing. I didn't put much stock into a KH TV series myself. Maybe when they said TV series they meant "Kingdom Hearts will start getting references on Disney Plus shows" and to be fair that has happened.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wonder why they would scrap it now? I don't think Kingdom Hearts has ever been as big as it is right now, so if ever there was to do a TV series wouldn't now be the time? Very curious.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
D23, any random point in time, an investor’s call. Disney would absolutely control an announcement like this and not leave it up to SE lol

Since the reports were that SE was doing it, my honest opinion is that SE delivered a pilot that was as ????? as Back Cover and the Disney Plus peeps were like "nevermind then"
I can very easily see that xD

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If KH IV is really dropping in 2024, it might be better if they hold off on announcing the TV show until after KH IV is released. IF it were happening, I could see them releasing the show in Summer of 2024, if KH IV gets released in January.

Zackarix

Awards
Since the reports were that SE was doing it, my honest opinion is that SE delivered a pilot that was as ????? as Back Cover and the Disney Plus peeps were like "nevermind then"
To be fair, that's the purpose of having a pilot. The people in charge want a basic idea of what a series will look like before they commit to spending millions of dollars on an entire season.

That being said, if this theory is true I want to see the rejected pilot and judge it for myself. But I also want to see Seth Kearsley's pilot from way back but I doubt that's ever happening.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
If they do announce it, I just hope they announce that it’s in production and not a full release date. If they had job listings for this show, I’d be applying without a second thought.

Chie

Awards
I think both it and the books for little kids were probably cancelled when whatever executive greenlit them realized what Kingdom Hearts actually is, possibly due to actually talking to Nomura.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think both it and the books for little kids were probably cancelled when whatever executive greenlit them realized what Kingdom Hearts actually is, possibly due to actually talking to Nomura.
Oh yeah, I remember that book series. That was cancelled?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah, that fell through. Though if I recall correctly, that was announced a good year or two before the animated series rumours started popping up

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If they retell KH1 and we get Haley Joel Osment, it's just going to be funny to have deep voice kid Sora again
As iconic as he is in the role, for a young Sora they really should get a younger voice for that role if they ever use KH1 Sora again, and it's only a matter of time.

Yeah, that fell through. Though if I recall correctly, that was announced a good year or two before the animated series rumours started popping up
Is that for scholastic books? If so I warned everyone that the youngsters were not ready for the madness that is Kingdom Hearts. Kids would be opening their hearts to darkness in schools and libraries all over the world.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Is that for scholastic books? If so I warned everyone that the youngsters were not ready for the madness that is Kingdom Hearts. Kids would be opening their hearts to darkness in schools and libraries all over the world.
The very same. Shame that series got cancelled, I was curious on what stories it’d bring to the table

Soldier

Awards
The very same. Shame that series got cancelled, I was curious on what stories it’d bring to the table
You mean the same brand that had the gall to not bother giving Xaldin his own page and described him like he's Luxord. Misspelling things like "Royal" and "Keyblade" and ignoring Xigbar entirely?

Yeah, I'm curious too.

Back