• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Do you think the intro theme will be Simple and Clean or Dearly Beloved?

The first episode should have a recreation of KH1's intro with Simple and Clean (PLANITb Remix), then each subsequent episode have a shorter intro with Dearly Beloved. Then the end of the season will be a recreation of KH1's ending with Simple and Clean. I wonder if they will show Aqua saving Riku behind the door (and Mickey losing his short to explain why he's shirtless)?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

The first episode should have a recreation of KH1's intro with Simple and Clean (PLANITb Remix), then each subsequent episode have a shorter intro with Dearly Beloved. Then the end of the season will be a recreation of KH1's ending with Simple and Clean. I wonder if they will show Aqua saving Riku behind the door (and Mickey losing his short to explain why he's shirtless)?
Honestly I'm hoping they do a new theme song for the TV series. Either by Utada or another singer

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They would have to put their best foot forward because this could really put KH out there unlike ever before.
I thought the same thing about the trailer that played in US cinemas.

But Disney+ has grown and has worldwide relevance and with how spaced out their original releases are, a KH series would be heavily promoted on the Disney+ socials and on the splash page. They just need to make sure to emphasise the Disney to get those viewers.

Speaking of Disney crossover shows, where's House of Mouse :mad:

I want it to be WAP but Disney stopped listening to me :(

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm starting to feel like there's a huge bias against Toon Disney/Jetix, because barely any of those shows are on there, and that was 90% of why I subscribed in the first place.

It also bothers me a lot that the special edition of lion King isn't available to view, like what are they doing with it? How long am I supposed to wear out this vhs so I can hear the morning report in its rightful place and listen to Raven bang out The circle of life at the end?

KudoTsurugi

Awards

If it is based on KH1, I could see them potentially doing what Persona 4's anime did for its first episode, have it’s intro be the Simple & Clean remix and have its ending be a new song used for the show’s proper intro theme. After that, they could use original songs for the show's openings and endings. Then for the final episode, use the original version of Simple & Clean for the ending.

Megavoltage

Awards
I wonder if they will show Aqua saving Riku behind the door (and Mickey losing his short to explain why he's shirtless)?
I’m very curious if they’ll include anything from Secret Episode/0.2 before the actual Birth by Sleep season. It would make sense timeline-wise if the series occasionally shows what she was doing, especially involving KH1. But would it be a discouraging spoiler that ruins the ending of the upcoming BBS season for the new audience? Or would seeing any part of Aqua’s journey through hell just be too confusing to show for an audience that doesn't have BBS knowledge?

I’m trying to imagine the discourse of her first appearance on Disney Plus. Who was that sad woman? How did she even get in the realm of darkness? What was she talking about, something about a Ventus and Terra? Huh? Wait it took Mickey THIS LONG to finally find her???

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I thought the same thing about the trailer that played in US cinemas.

Yeah, that was the first step. It would have been even better if they had promoted it more on their social media. They did a few tweets but nothing as major as like what they do for like Star Wars games for example.

But Disney+ has grown and has worldwide relevance and with how spaced out their original releases are, a KH series would be heavily promoted on the Disney+ socials and on the splash page. They just need to make sure to emphasise the Disney to get those viewers.

Yes, that would be the best way to go about it. They need to treat it like they would their Marvel or Star Wars or Disney & Pixar stuff.

God damn now I’m mad at them again. Disney needs to release the goods. I want all of their Disney XD/Toon Disney/Jetix shows and Disney Channel stuff right now.

I want it to be WAP but Disney stopped listening to me :(

At least we know Shinji Hashimoto would be down for WAP in KH 🥵

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes, that would be the best way to go about it. They need to treat it like they would their Marvel or Star Wars or Disney & Pixar stuff.
I'm guessing you don't mean start with one show than create half a dozen more that'll all connect together building up to something bigger. Though then again that's already kinda build with the BBS, Days and Coded part of the series.

I wonder how much they'd change for the streaming adaption, the story of the games works somewhat well for a video game series and has been successfully adapted into different medias, but I feel like for a streaming show they'd have to change some things. Especially seeing the series started nearly 20 years ago and certain sensibilities have changed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
House of Mouse. Boy does that take me back. Since worldlines are a thing in the games maybe we could get the show in the series, lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm guessing you don't mean start with one show than create half a dozen more that'll all connect together building up to something bigger. Though then again that's already kinda build with the BBS, Days and Coded part of the series.

I wonder how much they'd change for the streaming adaption, the story of the games works somewhat well for a video game series and has been successfully adapted into different medias, but I feel like for a streaming show they'd have to change some things. Especially seeing the series started nearly 20 years ago and certain sensibilities have changed.

No I’m strictly speaking on marketing. XD I only want one show from KH and for it to focus on one single story or game, and maaaaaaybe a proper movie one day if they can find out how to make it work.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
No I’m strictly speaking on marketing. XD I only want one show from KH and for it to focus on one single story or game, and maaaaaaybe a proper movie one day if they can find out how to make it work.
I could see Birth by Sleep working as a movie series, like the Fate movies, at least under the right execution. But if they want to flesh out the novel or game material, a series might be better.

Awards

I think something along the lines of The Mandalorian would be the best way to go. A mostly standalone show that ties into the rest of the series but doesn't require in depth knowledge. On the other hand Wandavision is an example of what they shouldn't do. Not only are previous films required viewing but it also needs to be watched before upcoming films like the Doctor Strange sequel and the 3rd Spider-Man.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly I'm hoping they do a new theme song for the TV series. Either by Utada or another singer
They can't just throw "Simple & Clean" into the bin! That song deserves some respect. They need to use it at least once! I can see "Dearly Beloved" being the credits music.

I can't see a brand new song being used, it would just not feel like KH1.
If it is based on KH1, I could see them potentially doing what Persona 4's anime did for its first episode, have it’s intro be the Simple & Clean remix and have its ending be a new song used for the show’s proper intro theme. After that, they could use original songs for the show's openings and endings. Then for the final episode, use the original version of Simple & Clean for the ending.
I don't know what Personal is, but I wouldn't mind the first episode using "Simple & Clean (PLANITb Remix)" as the intro and actual recreate the KH1 intro. Then other episodes can use different songs, maybe Utada can make an entire album of theme songs. Each episode is a new Utada song for the intro and another brand new one for the end. Then the last episode can use "Simple & Clean".
I’m very curious if they’ll include anything from Secret Episode/0.2 before the actual Birth by Sleep season. It would make sense timeline-wise if the series occasionally shows what she was doing, especially involving KH1. But would it be a discouraging spoiler that ruins the ending of the upcoming BBS season for the new audience? Or would seeing any part of Aqua’s journey through hell just be too confusing to show for an audience that doesn't have BBS knowledge?

I’m trying to imagine the discourse of her first appearance on Disney Plus. Who was that sad woman? How did she even get in the realm of darkness? What was she talking about, something about a Ventus and Terra? Huh? Wait it took Mickey THIS LONG to finally find her???
To reference what I said above about recreating the KH1 intro. I think they should acknowledge or hint some things that are to come - like Ven and Aqua. The KH1 recreated intro can easily be reconfigured to reference Ven's heart somehow, as the KH1 intro itself is so abstract that if I look at it now, I can probably find something and say "that could be a Ven reference". They can have stuff like Hercules/Peter Pan saying that Sora reminds him of someone. I would also love to have Hollow Bastion a little bit more detailed, where we can see a Xehanort painting in the background and maybe come across Aqua's armour (since Hollow Bastion is in the "ruined" state in KH1).

They shouldn't be afraid to write the anime series the way that the story should have been told IE written by Nomura with all the knowledge of the story beforehand. Nomura made up as he went, so things kinda had to be stitched together manually with each passing game. Now that the whole story is out, the anime should show us stuff that reasonably should have been in KH1.

Regarding Aqua, I think it all depends on when the BbS season will be. I'm not sure how well it would pan out introducing Aqua in Season 1, then having to wait at least until Season 4 to see her (Season 2 = CoM/Days, Season 3 = KH2). They could have an after credits scene with Riku/Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, where Mickey says that he wants to find the keyblade wielder that was helping him - which then causes Riku/Mickey to get split up for CoM.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think something along the lines of The Mandalorian would be the best way to go. A mostly standalone show that ties into the rest of the series but doesn't require in depth knowledge. On the other hand Wandavision is an example of what they shouldn't do. Not only are previous films required viewing but it also needs to be watched before upcoming films like the Doctor Strange sequel and the 3rd Spider-Man.

I wasn’t speaking on how they should approach the show’s development but how they should treat its marketing.

I agree that it should be a stand-alone that doesn’t require the games to watch the show, though.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
So just turning back to the practicals for a moment here, what can we reasonably expect in terms of project lifecycle / timeline / at what stage it would go to marketing, assuming the pilot is successful? TV series development is a blank silence in my knowledge and even moreso with game devs involved. Presumably a pilot was in development when these rumors leaked, but the series was clearly not ready to be teased at the Investor’s Day event last month. Also unclear what kind of budget they’re throwing at this thing. But just curious about the typical timeframe and phases projects like this tend to go through, if such generalizations are appropriate, or if there are any similar precedents in the industry to look to

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So just turning back to the practicals for a moment here, what can we reasonably expect in terms of project lifecycle / timeline / at what stage it would go to marketing, assuming the pilot is successful? TV series development is a blank silence in my knowledge and even moreso with game devs involved. Presumably a pilot was in development when these rumors leaked, but the series was clearly not ready to be teased at the Investor’s Day event last month. Also unclear what kind of budget they’re throwing at this thing. But just curious about the typical timeframe and phases projects like this tend to go through, if such generalizations are appropriate, or if there are any similar precedents in the industry to look to
Hm. I'm not sure that having a successful pilot matters for streaming services. I assume that things like Netflix and Disney+ (as we're talking about it specifically) will order a full season and release what they have. If the response is bad, then they cancel the series and don't move on. Best case scenario is that they just created a money making franchise, worst case scenario is that there's a full season of a show added to the library.

Or maybe there's a pilot that they create internally and review and if that doesn't work, they don't bother moving forward? I mean, I can't really see that happening because it's a lot of money to invest to then scrap it all. I know that they do something like this for regular TV, where they do a cheaply made pilot to show what it could look like... but the way Disney seems to move, if they say it's happening, then it's going to happen in its entirety. I heard a lot of people did not like WandaVision's first two episodes, and if that were released on regular TV, that may have been grounds to cancel if ratings didn't go up. But on Disney+, I don't think that matters for full seasons of shows.

I'm just guessing here. The streaming services are very hush-hush, I have yet to find actual "ratings"/viewership of shows on there.

Megavoltage

Awards
They can have stuff like Hercules/Peter Pan saying that Sora reminds him of someone. I would also love to have Hollow Bastion a little bit more detailed, where we can see a Xehanort painting in the background and maybe come across Aqua's armour (since Hollow Bastion is in the "ruined" state in KH1).

They shouldn't be afraid to write the anime series the way that the story should have been told IE written by Nomura with all the knowledge of the story beforehand. Nomura made up as he went, so things kinda had to be stitched together manually with each passing game. Now that the whole story is out, the anime should show us stuff that reasonably should have been in KH1.
I really like this! I’d be so happy if Dark Seeker lore was incorporated this way.

About the sleepy blonde, CoM and Days seasons have big potential to incorporate more of him and his bizarre past.

Sephiroth0812, you reading this thread? You’re the resident Biggest Ventus Fan and I’d love to read your thoughts on Ven possibilities in a retelling.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The more i think about it the more I realize, I'd actually be down with a Mandalorian season 1 type deal for a spinoff series.

A story in the KH universe focusing on characters seperate from the main story with it's own smaller scale story. Kinda like what the scholastic books are said to be. This could be a fun way to explore or incorporate smaller properties that the main series wouldn't touch. It could also serve as a way to ease people into the craziness of the universe.

Back