• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
For as popular as Kingdom Hearts is, the majority of Disney+ subscribers are not experts of the series. Therefore, the only logical move for the show would be alternate worldline retelling of the Xehanort saga. For a lot of Disney+ subscribers, their first exposure to Kingdom Hearts would be the Disney+ series because they're not gamers. It would be illogical to make the Kingdom Hearts Disney+ show a direct companion series to the games because that would alienate potentially newer fans to the show.

Agreed, but...

There are ways to do it that could work for both crowds. Avoiding the mistakes of KHuX would be a good start. Make the world bigger and deeper, not more intricate and dense.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Agreed, but...

There are ways to do it that could work for both crowds. Avoiding the mistakes of KHuX would be a good start. Make the world bigger and deeper, not more intricate and dense.

The existence of a Kingdom Hearts Disney+ show is going to get the diehard fans, gaming enthusiasts and the nostalgic people on board as new subscribers. However, the more important factor of this show's success is how well it resonates with the existing Disney+ subscribers because they're going to be the determining factor as to whether the show will have more than one season.

palizinhas

Awards
I feel like if they do what I thought MoM was setting up - a post-MoM Mickey adventure throughtout the worlds, possibly with Donald and Goofy with him - they could continue the story but be about recognizable enough characters that people who don't know Kingdom Hearts would tune in just for the Disney character adventures.

My biggest fear of a Xehanort Saga retelling is that it would start the same, but have some kind of divergence at some point, making it into a parallel reality that would eventually clash with the games and make some kind of multiverse mess. Because that definitely feels like something Square Enix would do, considering FFVIIR.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
My biggest fear of a Xehanort Saga retelling is that it would start the same, but have some kind of divergence at some point, making it into a parallel reality that would eventually clash with the games and make some kind of multiverse mess. Because that definitely feels like something Square Enix would do, considering FFVIIR.

Uhm, do the devs read these forums by any chance?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
IMO the series cannot work unless it diverges from the video games. I believe had Kingdom Hearts been more mainstream earlier on, it would’ve been raked across the coals for it’s handling of characters and plot points. Kairi’s story just doesn’t work unless it’s drastically changed for the series, and the lore behind Master Xehanort needs to be cemented with no conflicting dialogue or characterization. More importantly they’ll have to take the Days approach and focus on characters first, then plot points.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I'm probably gonna sound crazy for saying this, but I actually want that. Have it be a retelling separate from the games, only diverging in small ways around KH3. Just so the Xehanort Saga is the focus of the retelling, and so that A) anything plot brought up in the game(like that stupid black box) gets a potential answer, and B) it gives more screen time to some characters people wanted to see at the time.

Uhm, do the devs read these forums by any chance?
Not as far as I know:unsure:

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So how many episodes do you guys think would be enough to adapt the first game? I'm thinking 20-25 would be good for a first season

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think a re-telling works best instead of following Mickey in this current timeline only because Disney would want people to tune in to watch their favourite characters go up against their favourite villains. Sora has already murdered many Disney villains and the movie plot for the worlds has panned out. A re-telling lets them do it all over again while being appealing to people outside of the Kingdom Hearts bubble.

Also I'd like to imagine each world is a two-parter, kind of like how A Series of Unfortunate Events turned each book into two episodes. The original world episodes could vary since I don't think you need more than one episode each for Destiny Islands and the first visit to Traverse Town, so my ideal season length would hang around the late teens.
(Destiny Islands - 1 episode
Traverse Town - 1 episode
Wonderland - 2 episodes
Olympus - 2 episodes
Agrabah - 2 episodes
Halloween Town - 2 episodes
Monstro - 2 episodes
Atlantica - 2 episodes
Neverland - 2 episodes
Hollow Bastion - 3 episodes
End of the World - 1 episode)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think a re-telling works best instead of following Mickey in this current timeline only because Disney would want people to tune in to watch their favourite characters go up against their favourite villains. Sora has already murdered many Disney villains and the movie plot for the worlds has panned out. A re-telling lets them do it all over again while being appealing to people outside of the Kingdom Hearts bubble.

Also I'd like to imagine each world is a two-parter, kind of like how A Series of Unfortunate Events turned each book into two episodes. The original world episodes could vary since I don't think you need more than one episode each for Destiny Islands and the first visit to Traverse Town, so my ideal season length would hang around the late teens.
(Destiny Islands - 1 episode
Traverse Town - 1 episode
Wonderland - 2 episodes
Olympus - 2 episodes
Agrabah - 2 episodes
Halloween Town - 2 episodes
Monstro - 2 episodes
Atlantica - 2 episodes
Neverland - 2 episodes
Hollow Bastion - 3 episodes
End of the World - 1 episode)
I'd make End of World a two parter as well. One episode dealing with exploring the world and Chernabog and the other one for the final fight with Ansem.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yes. Casually. They've also popped by from time to time to read up on story explanations for things they aren't super familiar with.
This is why I keep calling Demyx's original form "Emyd" and Luxord's original form "Durol". I'm hoping they go with those names after reading the forums. It failed for Arlene :'(

I think the series could be 13 hour long episodes:
  1. Destiny Islands
  2. Traverse Town
  3. Wonderland
  4. Olympus Coliseum
  5. Deep Jungle
  6. Traverse Town Part 2
  7. Agrabah
  8. Monstro
  9. Atlantica
  10. Halloween Town
  11. NeverLand
  12. Traverse Town Part 3/Hollow Bastion
  13. End of the World
The Traverse Town episodes will also have Sora visit the 100 Acre Wood.

Megavoltage

Awards
I wonder if optional content in the games would be included in a retelling. Would enemies like Kurt Zisa and Phantom show up?

And I wonder if Sora would be switching keychains or just using Kingdom Key throughout the entire journey.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wonder if optional content in the games would be included in a retelling. Would enemies like Kurt Zisa and Phantom show up?

And I wonder if Sora would be switching keychains or just using Kingdom Key throughout the entire journey.
Wouldn't they have to pay Kurt Zisa a fee to be used in a blockbuster, hit TV show on Disney+ in perpetuity for his name/likeness? I doubt Disney will do that. I can see Phantom being woven into the storyline of NeverLand, since the world is short. It can appear at the clock tower after Peter Pan and Wendy leave, as a token of Riku's darkness or something.

I would love for Sora to use the keychain from the world at the start, then switch when he goes into another world. That way the keyblade matches the location. They can even say that the keyblade does that to conceal its true form or something. I always wished we got the world's keychain at the start of the world. It always bugged me going into Halloween Town with the Atlantica keyblade - just seemed so off.

Awards

Maybe optional content would be saved for Pixar style shorts.

And he would most likely be using Kingdom Key since it's the most recognizable

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe Sora could use Oathkeeper in the final episodes once Kairi gives him her luck charm. Oblivion as well at some point if Riku gives him the keychain like what was originally planned

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe Sora could use Oathkeeper in the final episodes once Kairi gives him her luck charm. Oblivion as well at some point if Riku gives him the keychain like what was originally planned
I can see him using Oblivion after he is turned into a heartless, then using Oathkeeper at End of the World. Then during the Ansem fight, it turns back into Kingdom Key.

Back