• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Personally I’m really not a big fan of this whole Kingdom Hearts TV series, It just feels like there is so much that could go wrong if not handled correctly. I’m hoping this won’t be canon to the games, in my opinion the last thing we need is having to watch a TV show to get more lore on this franchise, as much as I like the story of Union X having it being told through a mobile game would of definitely not been my first choice.

However if the TV show has to exist I hope it something along the lines of a spin off story were it does not affect the plot but keeps the rules of the KH universe in place. I would also be fine with a retelling of the story if they treated it similar to how they treat the manga. If they aren’t doing a retelling of the story then they need to find a way so that when someone who knows nothing about KH watches it they can simply enjoy the show and just appreciate the characters and worlds and if there still interested they can just buy the games without feeling overwhelmed by plot before they even had a chance to pick up KH1, but they also need to make sure that they keep what current fans of the franchise like about the series and not mess up stuff like characters to a point where it doesn’t feel like KH anymore.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Since the Disney Investor Day is a thing, do you think we might get some potential news on this project( at least to confirm that it officially exists), or would it be too soon to say?
It’s already come and gone with no announcement, which I’m sure you’re aware of. But Nomura did say 2022 so no announcement here was a given. The original Disney TV show projects sound exciting though.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It’s already come and gone with no announcement, which I’m sure you’re aware of. But Nomura did say 2022 so no announcement here was a given. The original Disney TV show projects sound exciting though.

Yeah, it probably was too soon to expect any news this soon, but still. At this rate, I just want a series announced just so we know what we're in for.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Imagine if this show becomes such a hit, Disney goes & announces like 10 spin-offs at the next investor meeting.

Do you really think I'm going to say no to an idea like this in a dedicated Kingdom Hearts forum?

No, I mean yes. I want this.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Imagine if this show becomes such a hit, Disney goes & announces like 10 spin-offs at the next investor meeting.
I would be happy with 10 spin off GAMES (and not KHUX mobile trash games). We have more than enough characters to do that easily, and Disney can advertise all they want in the games.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
So is the CGI game engine or like the cutscenes from the game and I’m talking about KH3, I don’t like the cutscenes because it made Sora look to much like a doll and cutesy 76D99CA6-8008-4A56-97BF-EA45E24B9FB3.png

Barrett

Awards
So is the CGI game engine or like the cutscenes from the game and I’m talking about KH3, I don’t like the cutscenes because it made Sora look to much like a doll and cutesy View attachment 13445

Last reports said that the pilot would apparently be made in Unreal Engine by Square. So this would follow a majority of the cutscenes made in 0.2, KH3, and MoM outside of things like the 0.2 and KH3 opening cinematics or that screenshot you provided. Whether they'll keep it like that when the pilot is done and they'll keep it like that for the rest of the series, or if they decide to change the CG software and use something that isn't Unreal Engine? We'll have to wait and see.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Last reports said that the pilot would apparently be made in Unreal Engine by Square. So this would follow a majority of the cutscenes made in 0.2, KH3, and MoM outside of things like the 0.2 and KH3 opening cinematics or that screenshot you provided. Whether they'll keep it like that when the pilot is done and they'll keep it like that for the rest of the series, or if they decide to change the CG software and use something that isn't Unreal Engine? We'll have to wait and see.
That's great! Once they don't use fishface for the TV series, I'm good.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
Well whichever I’m still excited 😜

AquaDeoxys

Awards
Have there been any credible rumors about the plot of the series? I hope it's not just a retelling of the games, I feel like we've had enough of those already in the games themselves. I'd like the series to take place post-MoM and focus on what the characters are up to now, especially Kairi.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Have there been any credible rumors about the plot of the series? I hope it's not just a retelling of the games, I feel like we've had enough of those already in the games themselves. I'd like the series to take place post-MoM and focus on what the characters are up to now, especially Kairi.

Yes, the two used as the source of this article in the OP are highly reliable; DisInsider and Cinema Spot.

Larger publications did not pick this up only because it is still so early and anything can happen + most don’t know wtf Kingdom Hearts is lol

AquaDeoxys

Awards
Yes, the two used as the source of this article in the OP are highly reliable; DisInsider and Cinema Spot.

Larger publications did not pick this up only because it is still so early and anything can happen + most don’t know wtf Kingdom Hearts is lol
Now I'm imagining a journalist who studied for years in college in order to report on the big, important news having to do research on this series for the first time in their life and it makes me laugh! 😄

Back