• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At this point, I'll be disappointed if the rumor turned out to be false because of all the mental preparing we've done. lol

I certainly wouldn't argue with new fan members. It'd be like if the OG FFVII fans were getting into arguments with the FFVIIR newcomers, pointless because they're ultimately different stories.
That itself is its own special can of worms. :LOL:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
You know, a while ago a very popular KH artist posted some artwork for a project she couldn't give details about. The main character looked a lot like Sora, but I dunno if it is him. Makes me wonder now. Like, I was going "Oh hoho secret Disney project." jokingly back then, but nowwww

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You know, a while ago a very popular KH artist posted some artwork for a project she couldn't give details about. The main character looked a lot like Sora, but I dunno if it is him. Makes me wonder now. Like, I was going "Oh hoho secret Disney project." jokingly back then, but nowwww

I figured that might have been for the Scholastic grade school novels since it has "baby's first KH fanfic" written all over it, complete with a Sora knockoff and Disney characters that have broken the rules established by lore and company politics.

That's not to knock Nijuukoo's work, which is lovely as always. I've just been extremely pessimistic about those books ever since we saw that description in the Amazon listing lol

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That's my guess? Idk, if you're trying to read into my post, I'm afraid you won't find anything :p

No no, I'm not reading into it. I just had no idea there were KH scholastic books. But, wouldn't be the first time Disney was interested in more anime like crossovers with their franchises. I think there was a manga a long time ago with a girl who went place to place to help the Disney princesses with something once...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No no, I'm not reading into it. I just had no idea there were KH scholastic books. But, wouldn't be the first time Disney was interested in more anime like crossovers with their franchises. I think there was a manga a long time ago with a girl who went place to place to help the Disney princesses with something once...

Yeah, it was a whole thing xD

The description in the listing sure was something too:

An all-new original middle-grade series based on the hit Disney video game!

An original, canon story in the world of Disney's Kingdom Hearts that can only be found in the pages of this book! This first volume of a completely original middle-grade series combines Disney and Square characters with new heroes, in a new addition to the rich lore of this game. This first book in an all-new series is a must-read for fans of this hit game, and will tell a huge part of Kingdom Hearts lore that they have been clamoring for.

I've been down on it for a while since, while I welcome new writers to join the series, the idea of someone waltzing in and proclaiming they're going to introduce new lore and characters just rubbed me the wrong way. And seems to have rubbed SE/Nomura the wrong way too, since this thing has been MIA since we first reported on it.

SuperNova

Awards
*shudders* The series is already lore heavy as it is. I would rather leave anything regarding lore in the hands of Nomura/Square instead of letting someone else take a crack at it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well this thing has fallen eerie quiet. If it is happening I wonder when Square will announce it. I'm getting a little anxious, whether I should be excited or nervous I don't know. Combo of both.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anyone kinda hope it cuts the Disney stuff out? The focus being Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy would interest me a lot. *please don’t kill me*

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone kinda hope it cuts the Disney stuff out? The focus being Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy would interest me a lot. *please don’t kill me*
Honestly, kinda. Like I always figured a Disney film based on KH would be the moment that KH is formally established as being a Disney property in its own right rather than a conduit for crossing over other Disney IP.

Like whatever it takes to make Kairi a fixture in the Disney Princess brand & Ansem/Xehanort in the Villains brand I'm in.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

If Disney+ isn’t keen on having a lot of their animated IPs crossing over (like with the Kingdom Keepers issue,) it could happen that way. I don’t think we’d get much or any FF in the series if they to cut the Disney material out entirely though. It would make it seem too much like a Square Enix property that happens to stream on Disney+. They should at least keep the main Disney characters like Donald and Goofy in the series to keep the spirit of a Disney and FF crossover.

But I can agree with you if we’re only talking the Disney worlds, which would likely just be filler episodes anyway.

NoWay

Awards
If the rumor is true, I would like the series to tell the backstories of Micky Donald and Goofy. I’m really interested in how Micky became the King and how Donald and Goofy became such important characters in Disney castle, especially how and why Donald used Zetaflare for the first time.
I don’t think there is enough space to tell this story ingame but the Disney + series would be perfect. They should also include some evil Disney characters who summon some Heartless if the Heartless are going to appear.

D

Deleted member 246005

Years ago I thought of a Riku spinoff as a fun way to retell the Xehanort saga without feeling like a rehash. Up until DDD Riku's adventures mostly took place offscreen so there's a lot that could be worth exploring. Plus it's also a way to make use of the "Another side Another story" tagline.

Michael Mario

Also "Roxas, that's a stick" needs to by vocalized.
Ah, the memories that brings back of an insane joke I made in a Pokemon fic in which said stick became a godlike weapon by the time it crossed dimensions and fell into the hands of a mutated Raticate King. Good times :p

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what to make of this until we know what it'll be about. If it's a Slice of Life-style series that details events in the series not suited for the games, however, I'd kill for a episode featuring how Xion got the outfit she wore in KHIII's ending where she's taken shopping by Olette along with Naminé. Xion gets her collared sleeveless blouse with a white whereas Naminé...

...Just gets another white sundress - only a bit longer since she outgrew her CoM one long ago :p

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What if what we thought was the Shibuya/Shinjuku game turns out to be this series? A 12-13 episode series meant to bridge the gap between KH3 and KH4.

Michael Mario

What if what we thought was the Shibuya/Shinjuku game turns out to be this series? A 12-13 episode series meant to bridge the gap between KH3 and KH4.
Not sure if there'd be a whole lot of interest in a series based on whatever Sora is doing in Shinjuku/Shibuya; but taking advantage of the fact that this animated series can let the characters themselves breathe without gameplay getting in the way or having to progress the plot in that direction would make for an opportunity to explore what other characters outside of the main trio are up to between KHIII and Limit Cut.

Back