• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, I think there have been some people in this thread saying they don't want a Mystery Box kind of plot for this potential TV show--which is completely valid, and you all are more than allowed to feel that way--but that's, personally, one of the reasons I love KH and I would like it in a KH show in my own perfect world... but not like the games, tbh (because I would want a show to be a bit simpler).

I know J.J. Abrams isn't the best person to bring up for Mystery Box plots being done well--some would even say he's the example as to why they're not good--but I think he at least handled Alias decently well. The opening of that show was definitely stronger, but I wasn't as disappointed by that show's ending as some were. And it is probably one of the best wrap-ups that I've ever seen him do. I know a lot of people were upset that Sydney's mother was the Passenger--and not her sister, Nadia, like had been foreshadowed--but I think that mostly worked.

And getting even more controversial here (and y'all don't have to agree with this one at all. LOL), but as much as the ending to LOST sucked... the ending didn't ruin the show for me, because I still thought the characters' growth for the entire run still made it worth it. But I know that character writing has never been KH's strong suit.

So, if a KH show had a Mystery Box plot moreso in line with Alias, I'd be okay with that. But that's just me. No one else has to feel this way at all, and I'd understand if you don't.

Completely opposite of this idea: I'd love a slice-of-life KH show (which is weird for me), and think the writing could actually benefit from one.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm reading "Vigilantes" the My Hero Academia spinoff and i wouldn't mind a series like that. Just some new characters and a new story. The Xehanort saga happened but its not the only thing going on.

The safest bet would be a retelling of the Xehanort saga.

Last edited by a moderator:

redcrown

Awards
As long as the characters don't go OOC and the plot (or at least the execution of it) doesn't fall into the traps the games have, them I'm all for it. It might actually be a nice breath of fresh air if it goes with a "soft" reboot approach; simplifying the story and the mechanics of the mythos, and emphasize the character relationships and present them more organically/down to earth and relatable (basically get rid of the awkwardness of almost all the cutscenes unless it's for humor), with a side of Disney charm that balances these elements instead of contrasting them so sharply as they often do.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
With Quistis as the teacher.
I've been wanting this ever since I knew of Quiche.

As long as the characters don't go OOC and the plot (or at least the execution of it) doesn't fall into the traps the games have, them I'm all for it. It might actually be a nice breath of fresh air if it goes with a "soft" reboot approach; simplifying the story and the mechanics of the mythos, and emphasize the character relationships and present them more organically/down to earth and relatable (basically get rid of the awkwardness of almost all the cutscenes unless it's for humor), with a side of Disney charm that balances these elements instead of contrasting them so sharply as they often do.
In other words, Kingdom Hearts but just written competently. XD

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I haven't seen the Mandalorian, only baby Yoda memes, so I can't comment on that.

I do wish they had gone the route of showing the Organization being recruited as opposed to that long boring exposition cutscene. That could have given the characters even more depth. And I'll never forgive the option of not showing Vexen make his replicas. How did he make those things in the middle of a desert? The manga and novels both at least try to give some backstory on how they are made but the games never even try. Also I still can't believe we never got all 13 Seekers of Darkness together for a cutscene all playing off one another. No scene of them on their thrones throwing jabs at one another trying to out politic the other. I feel cheated.
Wait, what desert did Vexen make the replicas in? Agrabah? Or did he use the Genie to wish for replicas?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, what desert did Vexen make the replicas in? Agrabah? Or did he use the Genie to wish for replicas?

I think she's referring to the Organization's base of operations in the Keyblade Graveyard, which I'd probably describe more as a wasteland than a desert xD

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I met the Keyblade Graveyard. It is more wasteland then desert. Sorry about that, my bad lol.
If Vexen made the replicas in the Keyblade Graveyard (or worked on the remaining ones that he had left over from CoM), then where did the ones from CoM come from? The World That Never Was?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If Vexen made the replicas in the Keyblade Graveyard (or worked on the remaining ones that he had left over from CoM), then where did the ones from CoM come from? The World That Never Was?
I assume he made them in Castle Oblivion in COM. Days confirmed they had a lab there, but it was never stated Vexen went back there in KH3 to continue making them.

D

Deleted member 252753

I assume he made them in Castle Oblivion in COM. Days confirmed they had a lab there, but it was never stated Vexen went back there in KH3 to continue making them.
I assumed Vexen also had a lab in the World that Never Was where he kept the replicas because in one of the Days reports he says that he intends to take the 'other vessel' (that will become Repliku) to CO for further testing. I guess he could have gone to one of these places as he did travel about a fair bit during the game.

PikaPal

Awards
If this is true I wonder if they'll skip Deep Jungle or replace it with something.
Knowing how they’re like with Tarzan these days, they probably will.
Am I saying to drink the Nomura Kool-Aid and accept everything he puts out, regardless of whether you personally like it or not?
“Convoluted lore! OH YEAH!”
Also "Roxas, that's a stick" needs to by vocalized.
I’d literally faint in joy if that were to happen.
Give me a Organization XIII road trip across the Disney worlds!
ALADDIN: “Hi, welcome to Agrabah!”
XIGBAR: “I don’t like sand.”
Also I still can't believe we never got all 13 Seekers of Darkness together for a cutscene all playing off one another. No scene of them on their thrones throwing jabs at one another trying to out politic the other. I feel cheated.
A golden opportunity and they just left it out. Just why? That would have been a perfect cutscene to put in at the start of KH3.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I assumed Vexen also had a lab in the World that Never Was where he kept the replicas because in one of the Days reports he says that he intends to take the 'other vessel' (that will become Repliku) to CO for further testing. I guess he could have gone to one of these places as he did travel about a fair bit during the game.
Vexen probably has numerous labs. That's interesting because Days implies he made Xion at CO so I assumed that's where the Replica Program started. They even have a cutscene with Saix taking Xion out of CO. So this is fascinating. It's possible he has blank vessels in his TWTNW lab and ships them to CO to get completed then decides where to put them after they are made? Repliku and Xion both served different functions so it's possible.

Where is my Vexen/Replica game?! Screw Dark Road, I want that instead!

Knowing how they’re like with Tarzan these days, they probably will.
“Convoluted lore! OH YEAH!”
I’d literally faint in joy if that were to happen.
ALADDIN: “Hi, welcome to Agrabah!”
XIGBAR: “I don’t like sand.”
A golden opportunity and they just left it out. Just why? That would have been a perfect cutscene to put in at the start of KH3.
Xigbar didn't like Agrabah's location if I do recall his missions from Days, lol.

As for the 13 gathering, the perfect time would have been when the 7 Guardians had gathered. Xehanort going over his plans with the other 12 and let the personalities fly. This also would help to better explain why they had Terranort and the Demon Tide destroy the guardians first without a clash.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah, honestly for a KH show to work, it has to be stripped down to the most barebones version of itself possible. A simple conflict, a simple story, and simple lore. It can be built up from there but it needs to be able to explain itself concisely within the confines of its own story.

For example, let’s look at the Mandalorian. I’m going to speak as though I am new to Star Wars. The show introduces us to Mando. We get auxiliary Information from the events and characters around him that explain what his job is, who he is, and what a Mandalorian is. We get clues about the economy of this universe and how there is a fallen power that led to money being scarce.

We learn the Empire fell and while they are scattered, they still hold some soft power and wealth like a mob. They are looking for something, Mando takes the job.

It’s a simple set up and simple premise. As the episode moves forward we learn more about Mando’s culture and his people. We see Mando arrive on a planet and as a newcomer he is also learning about that world. He meets somebody who takes the time to explain what is happening on that world.

He goes out to accomplish his mission, we learn a little bit more about this universe and how it operates, and then he meets a baby and we are introduced to the true plot of the story.

Regardless if you know what the Child is related to, the show shows you that he is special. As the show progresses, it never assumes you know the lore but it also doesn’t hold your hand. You are able to piece the world together within the show without having to ever touch any other Star Wars media. It even treats the Force as an unknown, which makes it an accessible concept to an audience who might not have any cultural awareness about the franchise.

There are small references that are meant for fans, but it is never anything that won’t also get some explanation in the show or aren’t just surface level callbacks.

This is what a KH series would, in my opinion, need to be. It can still be about the Keyblade and the Heartless and visiting worlds, but it should not assume the audience has been keeping up with the series. It should be an entry that exists and teaches you the world of KH while also being a natural, wholly separate entry into the franchise.
This. All of this, I can agree with(y)
-Keep the base plot simple
-Show, don't tell
-Don't assume everyone knows everything about the source material
But above all, use its time well and don't rush it out the door. Many anime adaptations of games suffered due to a lack/misuse of time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Vexen probably has numerous labs. That's interesting because Days implies he made Xion at CO so I assumed that's where the Replica Program started. They even have a cutscene with Saix taking Xion out of CO. So this is fascinating. It's possible he has blank vessels in his TWTNW lab and ships them to CO to get completed then decides where to put them after they are made? Repliku and Xion both served different functions so it's possible.

Where is my Vexen/Replica game?! Screw Dark Road, I want that instead!

Xigbar didn't like Agrabah's location if I do recall his missions from Days, lol.

As for the 13 gathering, the perfect time would have been when the 7 Guardians had gathered. Xehanort going over his plans with the other 12 and let the personalities fly. This also would help to better explain why they had Terranort and the Demon Tide destroy the guardians first without a clash.
But how can Vexen have a lab in the Keyblade Graveyard? That world seemingly "resets" at random times.

PStuder12321

But how can Vexen have a lab in the Keyblade Graveyard? That world seemingly "resets" at random times.

So honestly Most of the replica's I believe were made at Castle oblivion. If you look at CoM thats were repliku came from.Thats why he became so set on protecting namine. they hint that most of the other vessels were made then to. I think Xion was so special and thats why she was made in a different place.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Interesting. I’m not really looking forward to this, but I don’t mind its existence. If nothing else, KH1’s story can be re-told in superior CGI this way. :D <3 Hopefully David Gallagher and Osment *will* be a part of this.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Is it actually in production or still a rumor? I still feel like what’s the point though. I cannot keep up with is all the tellings of this game. The dlc, characters files, novels, manga I’m just not seeing the point to doing this

Back