• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Actually I kinda think I'd prefer that. Something to show off the series to old fans or people who didn't play the games but know the overall plot. Harder for them to fuck it up.
Would've loved a cinematic episode where Sora Donald and Goofy first meet in Traverse Town with an epic guard armor fight.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney+ announced a lot of new licensed and produced projects for their Asian-Pacific region. For Japan specifically, they've announced new anime series in the forms of Black★★Rock Shooter: DAWN FALL, Summer Time Rendering, Yojohan Time Machine Blues, and... an anime adaptation of Disney's Twisted Wonderland.

Do you think this makes Kingdom Hearts getting a Disney+ series more likely now?
Nice to see Disney jump on the anime train. And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to an eventual KH anime series. We could get an announcement as soon as next year's 20th anniversary

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney+ announced a lot of new licensed and produced projects for their Asian-Pacific region. For Japan specifically, they've announced new anime series in the forms of Black★★Rock Shooter: DAWN FALL, Summer Time Rendering, Yojohan Time Machine Blues, and... an anime adaptation of Disney's Twisted Wonderland.

Do you think this makes Kingdom Hearts getting a Disney+ series more likely now?
TWISTED WONDERLAND YESSSS

Shocked about Yojohan Time Machine Blues…

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Honestly surprised about Tatami and Black Rock Shooter, I figured Crunchyroll, Funimation or HIDIVE would’ve gotten those. Though it does beg the question of whether or not it’ll get released in the West on the service or not.

I could see Twisted Wonderland being on there as a way to promote the mobile game in the West(in the event Disney decided to bring it over), but wasn’t expecting the first two.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Honestly surprised about Tatami and Black Rock Shooter, I figured Crunchyroll, Funimation or HIDIVE would’ve gotten those. Though it does beg the question of whether or not it’ll get released in the West on the service or not.

I could see Twisted Wonderland being on there as a way to promote the mobile game in the West(in the event Disney decided to bring it over), but wasn’t expecting the first two.
real talk I've been so amazingly angry that I couldn't play Twisted Wonderland so having either the game or the subbed anime come here would make me a very happy nerd.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Maybe a bit.

But, regardless, I honestly feel that the chances of there being a series are pretty high with it being the 20th anniversary soon and Disney wanting as much content as possible for Disney+.

Though I feel it would also really depend on, if Nomura is game for there being a series. I feel they dont want to step on his toes right now.

D

Deleted member 246005

Among the casual fans, the crossover element tends to be more appealing than the original lore/characters.

So doing a series where a Disney character teams up with a FF character would be dope.

PS. I have a pitch for Leon/Mickey prequel to KH1. This is just a way to make it canon.

I'm also cool with it being an anthology like Star Wars Visions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraceEmpressa

Awards
tbh, I feel like promoting KH to a Disney fan feels like scam with how shafted Disney stuff are and with how Disney world plot are more often rehash o the movie, only pixar worlds have tweaks bc pixar is rebel like that. I want to be honest that KH is those kind of crackpot plot kind of fiction, not "lying" it's "just" crossover.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
tbh, I feel like promoting KH to a Disney fan feels like scam with how shafted Disney stuff are and with how Disney world plot are more often rehash o the movie, only pixar worlds have tweaks bc pixar is rebel like that. I want to be honest that KH is those kind of crackpot plot kind of fiction, not "lying" it's "just" crossover.
Considering Disney, as a corporation, had done series like House of Mouse, Once Upon a Time, and in more recent years had Phineas and Ferb crossover specials with both Marvel and Star Wars, it’s more surprising that they didn’t make a series already.

And in fairness to at least the first KH game, the worlds weren’t complete movie rehashes, Olympus had its story take place after the movie much like the Pixar worlds, Wonderland ended on a cliffhanger regarding Alice until a later world revealed her fate, and Aladdin found out about the existence of other worlds and entrusted Sora with finding Jasmine with Genie’s help.

That said, I can agree that the crossover angle wouldn’t be enough. To really sell a KH show, there’d need to be more of a focus on th original stuff first before getting into the inevitable crossover aspect. Maybe a 3-episode pilot in the vein of Netflix Voltron could work: setup the characters, the world and then set the story going from there.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I had a dream last night. The Kingdom Hearts channel on Youtube uploaded a teaser of the Disney+ series.

The first episode of the show was called Dream My Riku (Part 1). It got me thinking when I woke up, what if we get an Anthology series of Kingdom Hearts.

Each episode focuses on a different character throughout the series, we'll see different sides of them that we don't see in the games.

One episode could be Donald using Zettaflare for the first time, Goofy in KH3 seemed to be worried when Donald started to use it. Why did Donald use it for the first time? A mistake or was he fighting someone?

Another episode could focus on Isa/Saix making his way up in the Organization.

And of course, a few episodes could focus on the 1 year gap from Remind - could just get some slice of life with the Seasalt Gang.

Wayfinder Trio (and Chirithy) in the Realm of Darkness for an episode and maybe an episode of Mickey in Scala.

It'd be more for hardcore fans but I'd like to think some of these episodes can be watched by anyone.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd be down for a spinoff with one of the other trios.

I didn't mind Back Cover so if you wanna continue exploring that era more, I wouldn't mind that either.

Seasaltrio

Awards
I had a dream last night. The Kingdom Hearts channel on Youtube uploaded a teaser of the Disney+ series.

The first episode of the show was called Dream My Riku (Part 1). It got me thinking when I woke up, what if we get an Anthology series of Kingdom Hearts.

Each episode focuses on a different character throughout the series, we'll see different sides of them that we don't see in the games.

One episode could be Donald using Zettaflare for the first time, Goofy in KH3 seemed to be worried when Donald started to use it. Why did Donald use it for the first time? A mistake or was he fighting someone?

Another episode could focus on Isa/Saix making his way up in the Organization.

And of course, a few episodes could focus on the 1 year gap from Remind - could just get some slice of life with the Seasalt Gang.

Wayfinder Trio (and Chirithy) in the Realm of Darkness for an episode and maybe an episode of Mickey in Scala.

It'd be more for hardcore fans but I'd like to think some of these episodes can be watched by anyone.
That wasn't a dream...
It was a vision.😑

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd be down for a Riku spinoff. You could make it an retelling of the Dark Seeker Saga from his perspective. You could even title it "another side, another story". ;).

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'd be down for a Riku spinoff. You could make it an retelling of the Dark Seeker Saga from his perspective. You could even title it "another side, another story". ;).
remember the april fools joke from years ago? It was a Riku spin off that was like a what-if story where Riku & Sora switch places.

What if we get a What if series where it focuses on Riku or Kairi taking Sora's place? Or maybe instead we get Sora, Riku and Kairi all traveling together :D

D

Deleted member 246005

remember the april fools joke from years ago? It was a Riku spin off that was like a what-if story where Riku & Sora switch places.

What if we get a What if series where it focuses on Riku or Kairi taking Sora's place? Or maybe instead we get Sora, Riku and Kairi all traveling together :D
There was a good fanfic series called Antipode that did just that. I prefer it to canon so I'd recommend it. ;)

A KH What IF would be cool but I don't think the episodic format would work. You'd have to do more of a serialized format because KH is too interconnected. But most of Marvel What If are genre hops so KH What if could do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Instead of a retelling of the series, I would love episodes/chapters that fill in some blanks left by the series.

For example, what the Radiant Garden Final Fantasy characters were doing during KH3, how Terra and Namine communicated with each other, where Riku got Kairi's keyblade etc. Those are stories not necessary for the main plot, but it would be interesting to get some background on them and give characters a chance to be fleshed out some more.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

If it leads to RiKairi ship teasing then I'm all for it. :p

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A what if with Riku actually getting his original keyblade would be pretty sweet. I'm kind of curious what his dynamic with Donald and Goofy would have been like compared to Sora

Back