• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Square decides to follow Nintendo in what they did when their planned Netflix Zelda series was leaked. But we’ll see what happens come next year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Square decides to follow Nintendo in what they did when their planned Netflix Zelda series was leaked. But we’ll see what happens come next year.

Nomura would totally do that. They did it with Dissidia NT once they found out the full character list had leaked. I think the buzz about the list got a bit too widespread and they completely shook up the characters after.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well I'm gonna let my bias blind me and proclaim the Kingdom Hearts series will be the breakout hit for Disney+. Aside from movies, the only series I watched on Disney+ was That's So Raven and WandaVision. The only other series I plan to watch is the Obiwan series and maybe Loki if I'm really bored. Oh and of course the KH series.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Well I'm gonna let my bias blind me and proclaim the Kingdom Hearts series will be the breakout hit for Disney+. Aside from movies, the only series I watched on Disney+ was That's So Raven and WandaVision. The only other series I plan to watch is the Obiwan series and maybe Loki if I'm really bored. Oh and of course the KH series.

If only we got Feige's Marvel Studios to produce this instead of the studio behind timeless Criterion Collection masterpiece that is Kingdom Hearts × Backcover.

Megavoltage

Awards
I doubt he's going to revive their shows as we knew them, though lol.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Agreed those shows needed another season to wrap up in a satisfying way.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
And I think that this is one instance where Square Enix executive's would override Nomura's opinion on the matter. They decided to make him director of Final Fantasy VII remake after they believed that Tabata would be the better fit for Final Fantasy XV, I don't see Square Enix cancelling a lucrative Disney+ collaboration especially when Disney could have done this completely internally as they own the Kingdom Hearts copyright.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I'm not going to mark my response as a spoiler because we're not going to get that season and my reply wouldn't make sense without actually watching the show beforehand.

Luke Cage season 3 was going to take inspiration from an alternate universe take on Luke Cage from the comics called Luke Cage Noir, the season would have likely taken a Godfather/Goodfellas approach just like that comic series. It sucks because the reason it got cancelled was because the showrunner for Luke Cage got fired by Marvel Television and Netflix wanted him back and neither party could compromise.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Disney could have done this completely internally
😭

It's killing me that the status quo we left those shows on was Luke Cage being the crime boss of Harlem.

I truly believe they couldn't have written a better series ending if they tried. What a way to go. I don't see it as being left hanging at all, he reached the inevitable destination of his journey through a hostile city, system, and institutional framework.

Sad we won't get a third season on the basis the first two we so good. But I really don't see it as a cliffhanger (at least not in practice even if in intent).

KudoTsurugi

Awards
And I think that this is one instance where Square Enix executive's would override Nomura's opinion on the matter. They decided to make him director of Final Fantasy VII remake after they believed that Tabata would be the better fit for Final Fantasy XV, I don't see Square Enix cancelling a lucrative Disney+ collaboration especially when Disney could have done this completely internally as they own the Kingdom Hearts copyright.
Honestly, I hope you’re right🤞

We’ve had 2 false starts for a KH animated series, and if it is indeed happening, I hope that initial leak doesn’t make it a third.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Could be a whole heap of things.

• Nomura decided against doing it
  • It wasn't that advanced to begin with
  • Report was simply inaccurate
  • Disney pushed back timing
  • SE pushed back timing
  • Nomura delayed it for story purposes
  • It's a surprise for 2022 anniversary
  • Disney asked Nomura for pitch and then noped the hell out via the elevator shaft once he got going
  • Disney brought it in-house after seeing Backcover
  • conflict between SE and Disney over show had them both pull back to not rock the KH boat
  • Chaos at Disney+ boardrooms and constant shuffles at DisneyCorp meant this got lost under a desk somewhere
  • It was discussed then quietly shelved
  • Excitement over KH3 sales figures faded as time passed and questions of mainstream appeal started being asked again
  • Melody of Memory happened
  • It's being written as we speak and there isn't much to discuss or report on

Awards
Honestly? I doubt it even really existed at all. Just another fake rumor.

Seriously, if it was actually a real thing, wouldn't some leaker have some info on it no matter how small by now?

Like, we can somehow have a big giant flood of WandaVision leaks right down to
Spoiler Spoiler Show
but nothing on an animated adaptation of a video game?

If it is real, maybe KK's right and it did get lost under a desk or shelved.

Last edited:

KeybladePenguin

Awards
I don't trust Disney period. But who knows...at least they aren't handing it over to anyone crazy...

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I don't trust Disney period. But who knows...at least they aren't handing it over to anyone crazy...

They're handing it over to Nomura, according to reports. Can't get crazier.

I might be alone in hoping the show isn't happening because I'd rather it not happen than be done by Nomura . A disaster would doom the series with regards to wider appeal.

I don't get what everyone's beef with Disney is. Generally, they produce high quality titles and creatives are given a reasonably (and often surprisingly) wide berth for artistic freedom. Though I do base this on subsidiaries like Marvel, Pixar and LucasFilm.

I mean Barry Freaking Jenkins is directing the next Lion King! That's one of the most exciting and surprising pieces of film news for years.

I bet Disney could announce Orson Wells is being resurrected to direct Kingdom Heart and fans would still be unhappy.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
This is kinda getting me scared that Nomura is going to turn out to be one of those arrogant creative types who refuses to let anyone else have any say or influence in the direction of the series.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I might be alone in hoping the show isn't happening because I'd rather it not happen then happen by Nomura's hand. A disaster would doom the series with regards to wider appeal.

I don't get what everyone's beef with Disney is. Generally, they produce high quality titles and creatives are given a reasonably (and often surprisingly) wide berth for artistic freedom. Though I do base this on subsidiaries like Marvel, Pixar and LucasFilm.

I mean Barry Freaking Jenkins is directing the next Lion King! That's one of the most exciting and surprising pieces of film news for years.

I bet Disney could announce Orson Wells is being resurrected to direct Kingdom Heart and fans would still be unhappy.
YES!!!

Nomura needed to be the one in control of this from the start. I am so excited for several OMG/WTF/Huh? moments. And there be plenty of Disney villains in action.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

I might be alone in hoping the show isn't happening because I'd rather it not happen then happen by Nomura's hand. A disaster would doom the series with regards to wider appeal.

Barry Freaking Jenkins is directing the next Lion King for crying out loud! I bet Disney could announce Orson Wells is being resurrected to direct Kingdom Heart and fans would still be unhappy.
I‘m still in the camp of “believe it when I see it”.

I enjoy speculating what a potential series could bring, and seeing what everyone else thinks is fun too.

That said, as much as I want it to be real, I’m not going to believe rumours, no matter how credible they seem. I want to see definitive proof that it exists straight from the horse’s mouth of either Square or Disney. And if the info that comes from those companies matches that of the rumours, you’re free to tell me “I told you so”.

Awards
I agree with you 100%. I never believe rumors. I'm treating this no differently than the neverending stream of rumors that Silent Hill is making a comeback with not one but two games. Until there's proof to the contrary, it's just a rumor.

KeybladePenguin

Awards

I might be alone in hoping the show isn't happening because I'd rather it not happen than be done by Nomura . A disaster would doom the series with regards to wider appeal.

YES!!!

Nomura needed to be the one in control of this from the start. I am so excited for several OMG/WTF/Huh? moments. And there be plenty of Disney villains in action.

I enjoy speculating what a potential series could bring, and seeing what everyone else thinks is fun too.

That said, as much as I want it to be real, I’m not going to believe rumours, no matter how credible they seem. I want to see definitive proof that it exists straight from the horse’s mouth of either Square or Disney. And if the info that comes from those companies matches that of the rumours, you’re free to tell me “I told you so”.

Ahh, the Kingdom Hearts games have always been celebrated for their excellence.
Its going to sound weird but I trust Nomura more then I trust Disney. And my beef with Disney is that I have watched them on a slow steady decline from their glory days for years and I feel like they need to seriously take a restock of their priorities regarding making good cartoons and animated movies. But thats just me. That said I personally like Nomura's crazy...except the Time Ghosts. I hated the Time Ghosts that was just pure stupid in my opinion. But eh...

Back