• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A few questions about Birth by sleep..(Actually just 2 questions)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
Hey!

So i've been playing it..I've completed Aqua and Ventus's story, but that was on standard mode. Disappointed by Aqua's easy final bosses, I decided to play Terra on Proud mode. I heard that to release the Final Episode you have to play all 3 characters on the same mode. Is this true?

Why was Ventus topless at the beginning of his story? That bit always bothers me..is MX so kind of pedo? Yeah, silly question but I'm wondering if anyone knew. Fan service?

Thanks for answering :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For the first question:
Not that I know of, I played Terra and Aqua on Proud, Ven on Critical and I got to the final episode.
The playmode is important for unlocking the secert movie, "Blank Points". Always the lowest mode counts, so if you played a character on standard you need to complete that characters report section to 100% to get he movie.

For the second, lol, there are several possible explanations, but we have no "canon" information on it.
It may have been to show off Ven's injured and very vulnerable state at that moment, it may be because MX (and possibly Vanitas too) did inappropriate things to a defenseless, traumatized and injured 9year-old kid (how sick...*ggg*) or it were just the designers trying to add some variety.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes, MX is a pedo. -nods head- I would know. -points to avatar and sig- But lol, there is no canon reason. It could have been because Ven was going to vanish since his heart was broken, so he didn't need a shirt where he was going...

Or the developers figured since fangirls would like to see Roxas shirtless, we get a comatose!9yr old!Ven to fill the role. o_o

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, MX is a pedo. -nods head- I would know. -points to avatar and sig- But lol, there is no canon reason. It could have been because Ven was going to vanish since his heart was broken, so he didn't need a shirt where he was going...

Like I said, it could also be Vanitas being a sicko.....maybe feeding on Ven's remaining powers wasn't enough for him...*ggg*

Or the developers figured since fangirls would like to see Roxas shirtless, we get a comatose!9yr old!Ven to fill the role. o_o

That they could have had easier...by allowing Roxas, Axel and Xion to actually hit the beach and show the real, 15yr old Roxas in swimming trunks.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Welcome to the forums!

...WOW! For a newcomer that's actually a VERY VERY good point.

I'm guessing it was fanservice, or some chick at SE is a big fangirl who thought it would be hot to make Ven shirtless.

Youniquee

Awards
Comatose 9 year old is not hot at all xD I didn't even know he was 9 in those scenes..although he did look younger.
I have my suspicions about MX...even the way he walks...Back bent and hands behind his back and all..*shivers* Poor Ven...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm guessing it was fanservice, or some chick at SE is a big fangirl who thought it would be hot to make Ven shirtless.

Err...hot? A 9/10yr-old child which was on top of that in a real pathetic state?
Fanservice is nice and dandy...but that sounds really....awkward.

I agree that Ven is a cute guy...but hot? And I doubt that the dev-team would go and include something just because of one "fangirl" in their team having such an idea, *ggg*.

Crystal

Silver Member
Hey!
So i've been playing it..I've completed Aqua and Ventus's story, but that was on standard mode. Disappointed by Aqua's easy final bosses, I decided to play Terra on Proud mode. I heard that to release the Final Episode you have to play all 3 characters on the same mode. Is this true?

Collect all X-reports and if in Standard Mode, I think you have to achieve 100% trinity achieves.
So, it's better to play in Proud Mode xD

Why was Ventus topless at the beginning of his story? That bit always bothers me..is MX so kind of pedo? Yeah, silly question but I'm wondering if anyone knew. Fan service?

That's what i'm wandering too. But maybe that's represent he was hurt? xD
OR really a fan-service o.o
By the way, during the time when MX extract his darkness from his body, Ven was actually having a shirt but when arriving DI, he was shirtless..so...

Stars

リク
Maybe Ventus' shirt is given by MX that represent he is his Apprentice.. Then after that MX thought Ventus has no further use, he remove his shirt to disqualify him as his apprentice? xD

Crystal

Silver Member
Maybe Ventus' shirt is given by MX that represent he is his Apprentice.. Then after that MX thought Ventus has no further use, he remove his shirt to disqualify him as his apprentice? xD

But wouldn't Ven wear the same clothes after come to LoD?

Stars

リク

When Ventus goes to LoD, it was after the event in DI.. Then Master Xehanort realize Ven still has his "function or usefulness"
But honestly, my answer is not the right one..lol :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yup, even when MX brings him to LoD in Terra's flashback, where he collapses under the question-barrage. Ven as a shirt and his vest on.

The only things added later are the criss-crossing straps on his chest with the Mark of-Mastery symbol and his shoulder armor.

BtW: Was he only topless on his broken awakening station or also when MX carried him around? lol, I didn't pay that close attention.

Crystal

Silver Member
When Ventus goes to LoD, it was after the event in DI.. Then Master Xehanort realize Ven still has his "function or usefulness"
But honestly, my answer is not the right one..lol :D

Honestly, that become an evil plan done by MX xD

Yup, even when MX brings him to LoD in Terra's flashback, where he collapses under the question-barrage. Ven as a shirt and his vest on.

The only things added later are the criss-crossing straps on his chest with the Mark of-Mastery symbol and his shoulder armor.

BtW: Was he only topless on his broken awakening station or also when MX carried him around? lol, I didn't pay that close attention.

When MX carried him in DI, he was shirtless too xD
So, just don't get the reason why he had to do that on Ven.

Stars

リク

MX then recognized that Ventus still have his usefulness then put his shirt back and once again recognize him as his apprentice LOL :D Well, of course that's not true.. and he wouldn't want to pass a half-naked Ventus to Eraqus.. xD
Ventus is shirtless when MX carried him around, but was cover by white cloak lol

Crystal

Silver Member
MX then recognized that Ventus still have his usefulness then put his shirt back and once again recognize him as his apprentice LOL :D Well, of course that's not true.. and he wouldn't want to pass a half-naked Ventus to Eraqus.. xD
Ventus is shirtless when MX carried him around, but was cover by white cloak lol

I have forget, is MX who brings Ventus to LoD?

Morrosseth

I thought the reason he didn't have a shirt was because of his armor. Maybe MX removed his armor once he saw Ven could no longer fight. Or it could just be fan service. And how is he only nine? I thought he was at least thirteen or fourteen? With Terra and Aqua being around sixteen or seventeen. How many nine year olds can wield a weapon expertly?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thought the reason he didn't have a shirt was because of his armor. Maybe MX removed his armor once he saw Ven could no longer fight. Or it could just be fan service. And how is he only nine? I thought he was at least thirteen or fourteen? With Terra and Aqua being around sixteen or seventeen.

MX extracted Ven's heart 4 years before BBS. Assuming that Ven is the equivalent of KH2 Sora's age, I'd put him at 11.

How many nine year olds can wield a weapon expertly?

Hey, Sora and Riku have been sparring with each other when they were 4 and 5. It isn't that farfetched.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought the reason he didn't have a shirt was because of his armor. Maybe MX removed his armor once he saw Ven could no longer fight. Or it could just be fan service. And how is he only nine? I thought he was at least thirteen or fourteen? With Terra and Aqua being around sixteen or seventeen. How many nine year olds can wield a weapon expertly?

Ven didn't have armor while being trained under MX. If you look closely you'll notice young Ven is missing both the chunk of shoulder armor and the criss-crossing straps on his chest while being the apprentice of Xehanort.
He only has his black shirt, the silver vest and the black/white jacket. It's quite clearly to see in the flashbacks when MX brings him to LoD, when he faces the pack of neo-shadow heartless and when MX tears his heart out of its body to cut it.

The age span of the BBS-characters was never specified, also not in regard to Sora, however many people go by the premise that Ven is either 13, 14 or 15 during BBS.
And since all those flashback scenes (including the ones with MX on DI) take place four years before BBS (four years because Sora is 4 in BBS) Ven is then either 9, 10 or 11 years old.

Crystal

Silver Member

The extraction of darkness from Ventus happen in 4 years ago.So, by the time, i think Ven still doesn't have his armor.
He get his own during the time when he is in LoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back