• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Fabled Escape: Chapter Eins ( a.k.a Project Momentary/Accepting sign-ups now!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Once upon a time, in a land far away,
there existed a balance between good and evil.
This balance was constantly being reweighed,
By Prince Charmings,
By Big Bad Wolves,
By the smallest animal,
And the largest man.

This world, you see, was unlike any other--
It was a place for coexistence. Magic, love,
It's all real. However, given the turn of events,
It had to be undone. Castles were burning,
Maidens dying, villages being laid to waste.
The evil that existed, was becoming too great,
It was ruining the picturesque life we had
Strived to create.

So, myself, and a few others...
Who we shall call the story-weavers,
We captured those evils and put them
Into a place where they would never harm
But always serve as a constant reminder:

We put them into Fairy Tales.

My name is Hans Christian Anderson.
Along with others of my type,
We have done well to capture
The evils that exist, to return this world to the
Magical place it once was.

However... we are getting old. Our time
And power is waning. Monsters, beasts,
And villains are starting to escape from what we
Have written. Already, sights of witches and wolves
Have been reported. We must do something...

We must call forth heroes; new and old!
Heroes of legend, and those who will
Take up the mantle. We will return those who
Have broken free back to their realm.

So come forth! Those with no name,
Those who have earned a name,
Raise your sword in adventure,
And help restore the world to what it once was.

The Brothers Grimm have already fallen...
We must first start with them.

Finally! I've gotten around to writing it. This is Project Momentary, only with its final name. Let's get down to business:

Storyline: Many of the writers of fairy tales have stepped forward to reveal that they are far greater--in fact, they are what we would know as wizards and witches. Spellweavers who wanted to do good in the world. Anderson, the Brothers Grimm, and others wrote stories with the intent to capture evil within them, to contain it to remind the world of what it once faced: COMPLETE DESTRUCTION.

It is our job to recapture these villains and save the world. How we do that... well, that's up the group eh?

Setting:
This takes place in the late 1800s. The Brothers Grimm have died, and Anderson is old. The other writers... well, for now they're not important. The world as it stands, is a bit different from ours. The technology of this world has evolved in a different manner: STEAMPUNK as it were. Zeppelins and Trains are the main modes of transportation. Steam-engine carts are used for shot ranged travel, etc. More will be explained when the story comes to that point that such devices are needed. However, if you have a design or an idea for some kind of gadget, then please submit it on your Application (there will be a section for it) and it will be approved or denied. If denied, suggestions will be made that could make it more accessible.

This takes place in Europe, by the way. We start in London.

Goals: Quite simply, it's to open up this tale. I plan for it to be a 3 Part Story. The next two pieces are a surprise as to how they occur or when or why... ^_^ We are going to attempt to take down a few villains, explore the meaning behind fairy tales, and generally come to an understand of what makes IMAGINATION AND REALITY so similar yet so different.

Application/Character Options:
I intend to have some freedom with this. You are welcome to come up with your own character, or choose a HERO from a relevant fairy tale (in other words, from a fairy tale of the 1800s or before. Nothing earlier than 1400s). Either way, they will have to follow this application:

Name:

Age: Appearance or actual, depending on if its a premade hero or your own

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio: You can either write this out, or incorporate it in your opening post. Doesn't have to be long, but get the point across.

Powers: If your premade or homebrewed hero has an ability, it needs to be listed. I don't want to see anything super-powerful. Also, think of abilities A STORYBOOK CHARACTER would have. Obviously, you're not a Super-Saiyan or something.

Gadgets: Any typical piece of tech from the period (Google it if unsure) or if you want to come up with your own. IF YOU COME UP WITH YOUR OWN GADGET, PROVIDE A NAME AND DESCRIPTION (What it does, what it looks like, etc.) AND IT WILL BE APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED.

Story: If your character comes from a story, I want to know which one. For referencing purposes.

Talents: If your character has any talents, such as knowing how to operate a vehicle, lock picking, etc. YOU CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN A FEW TALENTS. NO ONE CAN DO EVERYTHING. BE REASONABLE.

Theme Song: Optional.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open Positions:
1.)
Lord of Chaos
2.) Star (Sunny)
3.) Crimson
4.) The Professor
5.) Ordeith
6.) lumine
7.) lionheart06

Just because there are only 7 positions, does not mean you can't necessarily join. You'll have to PM me if the spots are filled and you want in.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Have Fun. Let's Write a New Tale!

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I'll join. <3
Expect an application either later today or tomorrow.

edit;;
NAME; Lenora Croydon

AGE; 23

GENDER; Femme.

APPEARANCE; Lenora is a woman with a stern face. The intimidating effect, however, is significantly softened by the sea of freckles covering her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. There is something childlike in her smile, which, in addition to the aforementioned freckles, renders the harsh look in her eyes nearly inert. A messy bunch of auburn hair brings out her pale complexion - most of the wild strands are tied up in a loose bun at all times.

[img]

Clothing is nothing extraordinary; beige trousers and a white button-up shirt, accompanied by a pair of black leather boots. Unlike most of the 19th century women, Lenora doesn't wear skirts or dresses, preferring men's clothing instead.

PERSONALITY; Lenora is relatively unnoticable as a person. She feels she wouldn't be that successful a team leader, yet doesn't like to have minor positions either. She is not a loud individual, but can still be one stubborn bastard if she has to defend her own views. She values justice, just like any generic storybook hero or heroine, to the extent where she is willing to sacrifice herself for the greater good.

Lenora holds in all the potential emotional outbursts - they are signs of weakness to her. Shameful, even. Keeping the mask of a poker face intact is extremely important to this lady, which, however, might end up mentally crushing her in the future. Opening up is not an option, although she can't avoid it forever. Lenora attempts to keep her tone of voice neutral at all times, keeping her verbal and non-verbal communication void of excessive anger, joy or sorrow. Many think she is far too obsessed with emotionless behaviour and often try to irritate her or make her laugh - with no ravishing results. A smile is not rare, though.

BIO; Explained in post 1, most likely.

POWERS; Lenora's night-vision is better than an average person's. She is also agile in general.

GADGETS; Helping Hand; A rusty, large wrench with a peculiar design. Ideal for turning bolts and/or beating people senseless.

TALENTS; Is able to drive pretty much any motorized vehicle invented at that time.

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Mulling over how I want the character. Interested very much, just pondering viciously.

Name: The Cheshire Cat, or Cheshire.

Appearance: "It looks like you ran afoul of something with wicked claws."

Green, glowing eyes gleam out from above a near-twisted, too-large smile of this creature. Grey fur, streaked with blue gives him nearly the form of a dyed tabby cat, though he is quite larger than the average feline, and ten times as deadly. No weaponry can be seen on his person, nor any sort of augmentation. Wait, he disappeared seemingly in an instant!

Is possible the Cat is able to wear fitted clothes. Beware of him!

Personality: "I never get involved in politics."

The Cheshire Cat is unchanged since Alice's times in Wonderland, both at when she was nine and nineteen. His demeanor is almost self-gratifying, and the Cat has simply never lost his cool, or sense of purpose. Generally, Cheshire never truly picks a side; it is quite probable that he only aided Wonderland in opposition of the Red Queen either because of Alice's return or that he simply wanted to amuse himself. However, he does care for old friends, such as his long-standing relationship with the Mad Hatter.

Or does he?

*See also voice.

Bio: "Oh dear, we'll just have to see, won't we?"

Powers:

• Can become invisible at will, and pass through some barriers (though not through walls).
  • Able to summon objects to paw in the case of his needing them.
  • Is charismatic, and is gifted at twisting the conversation to his advantage.
  • His smile is almost natural; beware it's presence.

Gadgets: Steam-Piston Wheel-Lock Revolver With Grappling Hook Attachment, or A'Bandersnatch~

The weapon itself is a modified wheel-lock pistol, with a surer grip and rotational six-chamber mechanism that makes use of the energy let off by the fired bullet to shift a small, thick bolt back, and turn the chamber to the next load in a matter of a few seconds, via the use of several interlocked gears and a minute vat of water that is reverted to steam upon the firing of a shot.

An attachment for a grappling hook, though not large, is placed underneath the barrel, the hook itself large enough (and the cord thick enough) to pull one singular person to safety, by firing a trigger above the weapon's own. A standard steam-up longer-range sight is placed near the top middle of the barrel, activated by the thumb-press of a small button on the grip (not to be confused with the safety pin button).

Story: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Talents:

• Escape Artist
  • Lockpick
  • Charismatic

Theme Song: Optional.

-Bah I'll Finish The Rest Later Just Wanted To Get A Good Solid Idear And Character Now Must Analyze And Nap-

Last edited:

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Name: robin hood

Appearance; http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjVctAY0SbBlXc3GefXbffg2vuFezOawL83K1JdXvX5RZ8wp9ixQ
clothing: Robin wears a black shirt and ripped old full length gray pants with a dark green trench coat over with an attached hood to cover his face

Personality:Robin Is the natural good guy with some troubling problems, Robin steals from upper class citizens and sneaks it to the poor families and orphanages but this often gets him into trouble luckily he has been on the street since he can remember so he's picked up a few tricks here and there. he is also very interested in murders and having those damned murderers out away for good.
Robin likes to think of himself as a joker always pulling tricks and pranks on the law enforcement and nobles while he steals from them of course.

Bio: i'll put it in my first post

Powers: near dead on aiming skills with a bow or a pistol

Gadgets:
a 26inch silver short sword

two 1847 colt walkers http://www.taylorsfirearmsstore.com/media/1847Walker.jpg
your typical 1800's gun 6 bullets a round 44 caliber handgun that has never missed his target

Story: Robin hood of course but this is as he is just breaking in to his whole "being the good guy and saving the day thing"

Talents: lock picking,gunplay,swordplay and archery

Theme Song: crashed by daughtry

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Despite my current commitments, I can't help but be interested in this--so expect a template for either Mother Hulda, Gambling Hansel (even though he's not exactly a hero), or an original character.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Definitely interested. Reserve me a spot if you would ^ ^.

-----------------

"Oh, grandmother, what big eyes you have!"​

Name: Red - Red Riding Hood

Appearance: A petite figurine wrapped in a hood of velvet red. Even though Red is nineteen years of age, her appearance defies the notion, for she appears far younger than her actual nineteen years give her. Her rather small and puny physique contribute largely in this faulted impression; her modest five feet and five inches of height make her lose a few inches taller to a normal teen of her age, and her petite yet slender build fasten the illusion upon the eyes of the onlookers. Her fair skinned face is rather angular in nature, though lined softly in the edges, colored occasionally in a refreshingly lush rose. Boasting sharp and finely drawn pixie-like features, her visage is rather cute, dainty and lively, expressive with emotions and thoughts. The most catching sight of it, however, is her wide, heavily lidded eyes. A deep and rich tinge of forest green that sparkle with their owner's warm spirits. Her hair is of a crispy, dark copper brown shade, silky wires crown her head and fall just slightly beyond her shoulders and roundly frame her face with their inwardly circling tips. The long bangs of her hair are parted slightly from the right following along the length of the hair and to the shoulders, attributing a feminine depth to their owner. Her voice rings fluting and melodic though usually low.

Clothing wise, Red is very simplistic in her taste for garments. She values her red hood above any other piece of clothing and wears it almost all the time. Beneath which, she dons a soft, white elbow length puffed sleeve shirt with a wide black leather belt fastened around her waist. Her skirt is black in color matching her pair of high-heels shoes. A few selected accessories does she put on, those that include her gold laced red brooch upon the neck of her shirt, and two tiny red earrings that adorn her ears.

Personality: When you think you're seeing that sweet, red hooded, little girl who once was skipping the road through the woods, with a basket of cake and butter to the cottage of her ill grandmother, it wouldn't strike you as surprising as much as it being pleasant to see that same little girl blooming into an evolved reflection of her younger self, just simply, more beautiful and bright. Still as sweet and gentle as ever, her politeness and well-mannerism precedes in her actions and attitude before her words. And yet, her inquisitiveness and curiosity had not lessened in any sense, not even at the slightest bit. Because of how she was brought up in the calm and uneventful country side, she was not able to adventure and discover as much as she liked. In turn, that seemed to affect her personality, causing the young girl to pry more about the outside world and its wonders. Honestly, it seemed to have grown and intensified more than ever, becoming a much more prominent aspect of Red's behavior.

Despite this, she remains as charming as ever, graceful in her modesty and refined in her disposition. An intelligent and keen observer, a great listener and a resilient worker. She places her morals and beliefs above anything else, and sincerely believes in justice and righteousness. Although, she might seem courageous enough, only the strongest of her fears are capable of terrifying her, especially when it comes to the greatest of them all, The Big Bad Wolf. Her kindness and naivety always lead her to troubles, but somehow, someway her intelligent and calm demeanor opens up a way for a safe path.

Bio: Will be incorporated in the introductory post.

Powers: None that Red knows of. [This might change through the course of the RP though.]

Gadgets:

- Her Grandmother's Grimoire: A thick and time worn black tome bound in a sturdy and ancient cover. Locked by its bound, the cogs that would unlock the mystical book's secret must be opened with a specific key. In the center of the bookbinding, an octagon star shaped hole is present and only Red's similarly designed compass is able to reveal the insides of the book. The book is said to hold knowledge of ages of magic and beyond, spells that would cast away the evil or invite them, enchantments to protect and incantations to curse. In which case, it is a rather dangerous book that could cause havocs of damage as much as it would cause little to no good. Red avoids using it as much as she can. The only reason why she actually keeps it is that within it lies her only means of survival, and the key to solve her mystery as she was told by her late grandmother.

- Red's hood: Red's hood is one of her most valuable belongings and cherished items for it was a gift from her late grandmother that she became fond of since her childhood. Though the velvet, red hood appears normal to the eye, not being other than an admirably tailored one with a rich tint of red. It is actually an enchanted hood that protects its wearer from harm and ill-intents. It appears that Red's grandmother had specifically casted this protective spell on the hood.

Story: Little Red Riding Hood

Talents:

- Is a wonderful cook, capable of pulling delicious treats and feasts from every color of food.
- Despite her petite figurine, Red is light on her legs, skilled in feats of balance and agility. She finds a challenge in climbing to hard-reached spots and fitting into ordinarily too small of places.
- Has a captivating appeal when it comes to her relationship with animals. The sense of familiarity they surround her with is almost strange.
- Because of how she was brought up to be organized and orderly, Red has a keen eye for things that look out of their place. Some sort of a detective sense, you could say...

Theme Song:
Red's Theme - Dream Catcher
The other side of the story

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Nice to see that Sunny, Ordeith and lumine are joining too. <3

Lord of Chaos

Alright, we got our initial 7 filled. Knight, chaser... I'm sorry, but you two really don't meet the standards that I hold. I've looked at your role-playing and I'm sorry. Better luck next time.

Anyway, get those Apps filled in and we'll get started shortly!

Thanks for joining. ^_^

EDIT: And no, I wasn't just picking on you two, I looked at everyone here. I examined posts for creativity, flavor, development, and other things.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah, wait, have a different character in mind then what you expect LoC.

Anyone heard of Anansi?

>:D

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
★;5495694 said:

Anyone heard of Anansi?

Ah! I got this book, never got around to read it though XD!!

I believe it was a spin-off of something Neil Gaiman wrote :3. Not sure lolz.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
★;5495694 said:

Anyone heard of Anansi?

I am so keeping track of this roleplay now.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ah! I got this book, never got around to read it though XD!!

I believe it was a spin-off of something Neil Gaiman wrote :3. Not sure lolz.

Yeah, he wrote Anansi boys which is somewhat related to American Gods (<3)

Anyway, Anansi stories used to be my favorite in elementary.

1Gannon1

Why can't we use older than 1400's folklore? I wanted to use one from some ancient greek myths. Do those count as stories? Also, what about books that aren't really fairy tales, but are still stories?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Finished for the most part with my template; I might add another gadget or Talent, but that's more optional than anything else. I included the overall 'voice' I wanted depicted for him (ergo Stephen Fry's voicing of him in last year's Alice in Wonderland) chiefly to give the reader an idea of how his voice would change with conversations and such.

I'll find a theme song, maybe.

1Gannon1

Wait, how am I not accepted before I even posted a temp? I even mentioned in your other thread that it was actually a pretty good idea as long as we were using the original grimm's versions of the villains.

Lord of Chaos

1Gannon1 said:
Wait, how am I not accepted before I even posted a temp? I even mentioned in your other thread that it was actually a pretty good idea as long as we were using the original grimm's versions of the villains.

Because I've done a background on you and observed your Role-Playing. It is not adequate for this adventure. Thank you for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back