• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Couple Questions Regarding the Gameplay of DDD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardman

I'll keep this short and simple:
Question 1: Are Sora's and Riku's sides of the story seperated into two sides of one storyline, similar to Re:COM, or put together into one?
Question 2: In regards to the "Drop" feature, or whatever term is used for the component in which you swich from Sora to Riku, and Vice-Versa; are we able to control this, or will we be switched during battle, or more simply, how does that work exactly?

KevVentus

It seems that they each have their own half of a world's story. For example, Sora would visit Prankster's Paradise before Pinnochio gets swallowed by Monstro, while Riku is looking for him inside Monstro.

The drop gauge drains over time and when it reaches zero you switch over. I have to admit I'm also curious if there's a certain degree of control over it... it seems kind of inconvenient

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It seems that they each have their own half of a world's story. For example, Sora would visit Prankster's Paradise before Pinnochio gets swallowed by Monstro, while Riku is looking for him inside Monstro.

The drop gauge drains over time and when it reaches zero you switch over. I have to admit I'm also curious if there's a certain degree of control over it... it seems kind of inconvenient

You can also switch to the other character automatically by clicking on the gauge to deplete it, but you can't play through the entire game with just Sora or Riku.

MasterZeR0

You can also switch to the other character automatically by clicking on the gauge to deplete it, but you can't play through the entire game with just Sora or Riku.

Actually, I believe you have to pause it and there's an option to go ahead and "Drop" to the other character. But otherwise, you can keep the gauge filled by attacking enemies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually, I believe you have to pause it and there's an option to go ahead and "Drop" to the other character. But otherwise, you can keep the gauge filled by attacking enemies.

Semantics `3`

KevVentus

Ah! Thanks for clearing that up!

That definitely works

It kind of reminds me of the Drive gauge

Beardman

It sounds like it would get in the way of gameplay... especially if you have to go through the result/forecast menu deal for each character everytime you switch...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It sounds like it would get in the way of gameplay... especially if you have to go through the result/forecast menu deal for each character everytime you switch...

It's handy though. You're dying on one character or low on items. Get your bonus page to buy stuff and voila! You've got a potion to heal yourself!

Also, it's not that different from say pausing the game then unpausing. You just go right back into the action. It's also best if you know if you're going to drop soon, you start running away from any enemies if you are bad at jumping right back into a fight.

totalkhfan

What about boss fights? Is it possible that the drop gauge will deplete completely and you'll have to leave one character in the middle of a battle? If so, you obviously wake up in the middle of it then right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What about boss fights? Is it possible that the drop gauge will deplete completely and you'll have to leave one character in the middle of a battle? If so, you obviously wake up in the middle of it then right?

Yeah. But like Master Spockanort suggested, the switch will come in handy in the midst of a boss battle should you deplete your stock of potions/ethers and run low on health :3

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Wait, is this true? Like will you be talking to Pinocchio as Sora then suddenly you're advanced into the story as Riku and have to look for him in Monstro?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, is this true? Like will you be talking to Pinocchio as Sora then suddenly you're advanced into the story as Riku and have to look for him in Monstro?

I would assume that Sora and Riku also visit worlds in different orders so that the switch will actually make some sense o3o

KevVentus

Well it won't happen during a cutscene

But from the looks of it I get the feel of BBS in terms of different characters visiting at different times

I was wondering if the Drop gauge stays in place during boss battles though... I mean I feel like that reeeally takes you out of the experience. Regular battles I can understand, but a full blown story-driven boss? Hmmm

It would be cool switching back and forth between two different bosses though!

Another question: Can Sora and Riku be at different worlds at the same time? I would assume the answer's yes but I never really thought of it...

MinerKing

If you're smart, you will use the drop mechanic to your advantage. If your drop gauge is running low, go ahead and drop to the other character before you fight the boss. Or vice versa, use the drop gauge to gain bonuses for the other character before a big fight!
I was wondering if the Drop gauge stays in place during boss battles though... I mean I feel like that reeeally takes you out of the experience. Regular battles I can understand, but a full blown story-driven boss? Hmmm

I believe that is the case, considering there is a boss who has an attack dedicated to draining your drop gauge. The mantis boss in The Grid I think.

KevVentus

Yeah that's what I got from it, since it's in Traverse Town

I'm willing to bet the drop gauge doesn't even appear before that cutscene

KevVentus

Oh my goodness. That's the first time I put the connection together. So that's what they meant by the world existing at two times (or something along those lines)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back