• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Clockwork Orange

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

8-Ball

You filthy old soomka!
Website
www.myspace.com
I heard it is good. My avatar and sig are pics of a Clockwork Orange and I haven't even seen the movie. The book was great though, and from watching clips on youtube of it, it looks great. I want to see it. Tell me if you have seen the movie and if it is worth watching. I didn't read the book, but I heard Kubrick did a great job of copying the book into the movie.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
I've seen it before.
Probably one of the craziest and twisted movies I've ever seen.
Still, its very funny and a great movie to watch.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
It is very sick and twisted and when I saw it I had to shut my eyes for most parts since it disturbed me so.

I couldn't enjoy it, but if you enjoyed the book and are able to get past violence like that then go for it.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
lol, ultra violence.

The problem with the movie is, it doesn't dance around Alex's little 'misdeeds' the way that the book did, there's no real bias since you're seeing the action through a camera and not his eyes. As such, you don't get a colorful euphemism for beating the shit out of a man, you get to watch an actual man get the shit beaten out of him. Even for people who read the book, the movie might be a little hard to stand.

Still, it's one of Kubrick's best films, probably on equal tier with The Shining.

~Dorian Gray

8-Ball

You filthy old soomka!
Website
www.myspace.com
Wow, this movie is one of two X-Rated films to be nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards. Haha, how I envy those who have watched this movie. :p

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
I really didn't find anything so provocative that if I knew beforehand, I wouldn't have watched it .
It's got that rape scene and they kick the crap out of a lot of people and you see naked women alot .
But I saw it like 2 years ago and it's still one of my favorite movies .
I say you watch it .
It's fun to watch .

Alex is the most likable psycopath you'll find in any movie out there :D

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I'm borrowing the book from my dad who bought the book over 20 years ago .... look at the cover, lol.

2005_4420.JPG

8-Ball

You filthy old soomka!
Website
www.myspace.com

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The film isn't that violent, compared to a lot of modern films. I mean, if you compare the violence to, say, something like Saw or 300 then it's not nearly as bad.
This film, though, is amazing. The narration is flawless and sounds so great. You could listen to it blind and Alex's voice is a joy to listen to.

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The film isn't that violent, compared to a lot of modern films. I mean, if you compare the violence to, say, something like Saw or 300 then it's not nearly as bad.
This film, though, is amazing. The narration is flawless and sounds so great. You could listen to it blind and Alex's voice is a joy to listen to.

DecisivePumpkin

You should see it!
It's from the master Stanley Kubrick. Though, if rape scenes that involve red jump suits, "singin' in the rain" and one perverted looking nose offends you.. don't press forward. Haha.
Oh, and both the covers of your books are awesome. : )

PixieSticks90

Website
www.myspace.com
A clockwork orange kinda freaked me out, the main character is just not right in the head i tell ye :closedeyes:

well i would call it violent because of the people he beats up...plus it is kinda lousy near the middle, towards the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back