• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A buncha 358/2 days questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MPC1301

So I just finished the game, and now I have a BOATLOAD of questions. Feel free to send me to a different forum if any are already addressed.

1. Why does Xion constantly flip her hood up and down? Is her face changing that quick or something? (ie. RAX sitting on the clock tower after they retrieve her back from Twilight Town)

2. We were told that we would understand the significance of the title of the game after we've played it. Yeah... still don't get it :tongue:

3. What was with that one scene with Roxas in Destiny Islands on that smaller island where you used to be able to fight Riku? Why did Roxas change to Riku, Xion, and Sora? (not necessarily in that order) Also, what was the general premise of this scene?

4. Why did Xion turn all evil on Roxas in the end? To lure him into killing her so that she could go back into Sora?

5. Why did Xion just disappear one day, only to be randomly found by Axel and Roxas in Twilight Town, with no explanation?

6. Which organization members wrote each secret report? Why are we not told this, and why is it done in this manner?

7. What was that strange machine that Roxas had to put into Agrabah on his last mission? Was it put there, along with one in Wonderland, Halloween Town, ect., just so that Xion would be able to draw power from them (due to Org. XIII planning on Xion fighting Roxas)?

8. Why did Xion seem to freeze slowly when she died? Any similarities to how Ven gets frozen?

Well, I think that that should do it for now :tongue: I'd really appreciate some kind, well thought out answers :lol:

Last edited:

ashleerox1

I have the answer for #2
Roxas was in the organization for 358 days spending time with his /2 best friends
358/2
I think thats right. Right?

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
methinks I can help you out with #1

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that Xion's hood being up/down dictates how people see her. In the game, only the perspectives of Axel and Roxas see Xion without her hood up (and this is only after they become her friends). There is probably a deeper meaning, but that's what I gather.

Naximi

In a magical place where nobody has to make sense
#1-358 days in the lives of two people (Xion and Roxas)
#2- Saix confirmed that it depends on how people see her
#3- I never really understood that either. I just thought it was showing what happened on the island earlier
#4- Because she realized that Sora needed both of them to die for him to wake up, so she wanted to take Roxas with her
#5- She was playing hookey with Riku :) But yeah she met Riku and was with him because she was confused and Riku was telling her what was going on and helping her make a decision
#6- Just showing other Organization members' diaries or whatever they're called
#7- I'm not exactly sure, but they were designating the battle sites because they needed Roxas or Xion to kill and absorb the other
#8- Something about her being made of memories

Hope this helped

MPC1301

I have the answer for #2
Roxas was in the organization for 358 days spending time with his /2 best friends
358/2
I think thats right. Right?

Hm, I didn't think of it that way, maybe =] I was thinking that it might represent how Roxas and Xion were both based off of the same person (thus the "2"), and the game was their experience through the same 358 days. :confused:

I'm not exactly sure, but I think that Xion's hood being up/down dictates how people see her. In the game, only the perspectives of Axel and Roxas see Xion without her hood up (and this is only after they become her friends). There is probably a deeper meaning, but that's what I gather.
Hm, I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at... care to elaborate?

#6 answer would be different organization members

Haha, sorry, guess I didn't make my question specific enough *goes back to edit* Which organization members wrote which?

MPC1301

#1-358 days in the lives of two people (Xion and Roxas)
Yeah, that's what I've gathered, but I'll leave that one open for others to guess at too.

#2- Saix confirmed that it depends on how people see her
Wah, I don't really know how to ask my question... I guess to me that it really seemed like a glitch at times, because of the way that her hood would be up in one dialogue box, and then be down in another. And maybe this is just a random theory, but it seemed like she would put her hood up in scenes like this when she was upset by someone's words.

#4- Because she realized that Sora needed both of them to die for him to wake up, so she wanted to take Roxas with her

So she was planning on having Roxas kill her, but that he would die in the process? :confused:

#5- She was playing hookey with Riku :) But yeah she met Riku and was with him because she was confused and Riku was telling her what was going on and helping her make a decision
Oh, was that the time when she was doing that? I wasn't really sure :/

#8- Something about her being made of memories
Sooo... Ven's made out of memories too 0_o haha, sorry, not a BBS thread :tongue:

Hope this helped

It did, thank you very much =]

And thank you to everyone else who's helped thus far ^_^

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
1. Why does Xion constantly flip her hood up and down? Is her face changing that quick or something? (ie. RAX sitting on the clock tower after they retrieve her back from Twilight Town)
She appears in different ways to different people. To Roxas and later Axel, she appears as a girl. Later on she appears like Sora. To Xigbar and possibly Xemnas she appears as Ven. To others, just the hooded figure. She's not the one doing any flipping.

2. We were told that we would understand the significance of the title of the game after we've played it. Yeah... still don't get it :tongue:
Roxas and Xion (1+1=2) are the focus in Days, and they existed at the same time for 358 days. You can figure out the rest, I'm sure.

3. What was with that one scene with Roxas in Destiny Islands on that smaller island where you used to be able to fight Riku? Why did Roxas change to Riku, Xion, and Sora? (not necessarily in that order) Also, what was the general premise of this scene?
Something to do with Roxas experiencing memories that weren't his. I'm not entirely sure of this one.

4. Why did Xion turn all evil on Roxas in the end? To lure him into killing her so that she could go back into Sora?
Yes, she realised how important it was that Sora was recompleted, and so she sought to accelerate that by beating Roxas and taking him in.

5. Why did Xion just disappear one day, only to be randomly found by Axel and Roxas in Twilight Town, with no explanation?
The day in question being...?

6. Which organization members wrote each secret report? Why are we not told this, and why is it done in this manner?
If you can't initially guess it, then go to kingdomhearts.wikia.com and find the page on the Secret Reports. It says which reports are written by which members. Specifically why, I don't know, but Nomura's never been one to spoon-feed us information. He has said he likes it when fans take it upon themselves to research and speculate on the series.

7. What was that strange machine that Roxas had to put into Agrabah on his last mission? Was it put there, along with one in Wonderland, Halloween Town, ect., just so that Xion would be able to draw power from them (due to Org. XIII planning on Xion fighting Roxas)?
It was something to have either Roxas or Xion (probably Xion) take out the other one and attain full control over the Keyblade, at which point they would be brainwashed or something so that the Organization could have total control over them.

8. Why did Xion seem to freeze slowly when she died? Any similarities to how Ven gets frozen?
Highly doubtful on the Ven part. I've no idea why she was crystallising, not freezing, but probably for a nice visual effect.

disneyboy20022

Well here's what I thought about the title being 358/2 days.......

the reason it was not called 365/2 days because to roxas the first 7 days in the organization are a total blank to him...he even said that himself that he really didn't remember when he first joined/was found by the organization until after day 7 which he is given his name...the reason the number 2 is because Xion I thought was a replika of Roxas so Roxas and Xion are 2 differ characters but one in the same kinda....and they are the only ones who use the keyblade...also she might have appeared as Ven because I had this thought....what if Ven was Sora's Father or Ven adopted him and or some story we don't know yet.......idk just a random thought that popped up in my mind...

and I know I am getting off topic here.....but remember when Axel says he has memories of his former life......do you suppose Axel could be Terra's nobody.....since we know some organization members do appear in birth by sleep but obviously not as nobodies....

UnstoppableSound

So I just finished the game, and now I have a BOATLOAD of questions. Feel free to send me to a different forum if any are already addressed.

Well, I think that that should do it for now :tongue: I'd really appreciate some kind, well thought out answers :lol:

1. She doesn't flip her hood up and down. Well, actually that's a lie, she does, however most of the time it's just shown like that because other members will see her a different way, and they don't want to spoil it.

2. Three-Hundred & Fifty Eight Days shared by two people. Those two people are Roxas and Xion.

3. That wasn't Roxas changing like that. It was Xion. Xion was just going through a breakdown and she didn't know what her identity was anymore. All the memories and connections that filled her head poured out and manifested as her appearance. The whole point of this scene was just to show Xion's confusion and the finally allow her character to take the step towards self-realization. After this scene, she began to take immediate measures to find out who she truly was.

4. No, she didn't do it so that he would kill her, although she didn't care if he did or not. She needed to confront Roxas one way or another. It would have been easier if she defeated Roxas, absorbed his memories, and then combined with Sora, but she lost the battle. Either way, if she won or lost, someone's memories would be released back into Sora, so she didn't care which way it ended. Roxas won, absorbed Xion's memories, and then in the future he went back to join Sora, something that Xion realized earlier.

5. She didn't just disappear. Did you even follow the story or did you just skip every scene? She left The World That Never Was so that she could discover who she was. She met Riku who held a bunch of answers and teamed up with him to find out the truth. Roxas & Axel just happened to meet her in Twilight Town that one day because they were doing something there. They probably spent most of their time there because Sora was sleeping there.

6. No one knows 100% who wrote each one, but you can guess most of them by the wording and diction in each report. Most of the replica-research ones are Vexen, Larxene is obvious, all the Axel ones are obvious, a couple of Xemnas ones are pretty simple to spot too. Luxord always takes about gambling in one way or another, Saix is present but a little hard to separate from Xemnas. Lexaeus is the one talking about stuff in Castle Oblivion. etc.

7. This one I have no idea. I don't know why but the device may have allowed Xion to control where they were fighting. I don't know if it was the Organization's plot or some random fluke. Can't say. But what you said sounds like it makes the most sense.

8. She didn't freeze, she crystalized. It's different from when Master Xehanort freezes Ven in the Birth By Sleep video. So no point in making any connection.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well here's what I thought about the title being 358/2 days.......

the reason it was not called 365/2 days because to roxas the first 7 days in the organization are a total blank to him...he even said that himself that he really didn't remember when he first joined/was found by the organization until after day 7 which he is given his name...the reason the number 2 is because Xion I thought was a replika of Roxas so Roxas and Xion are 2 differ characters but one in the same kinda....and they are the only ones who use the keyblade...also she might have appeared as Ven because I had this thought....what if Ven was Sora's Father or Ven adopted him and or some story we don't know yet.......idk just a random thought that popped up in my mind...

and I know I am getting off topic here.....but remember when Axel says he has memories of his former life......do you suppose Axel could be Terra's nobody.....since we know some organization members do appear in birth by sleep but obviously not as nobodies....

It's got nothing to do with Roxas' blank memory, because he was in the Organization for 358 days. At least not in the respect you were talking about. The over two symbolises that the story is focussed around the two of them and their time together. Xion is an empty replica who was filled with Sora's memories, she's not a direct clone, but a previously-empty puppet. Ven's too young to do the adopting thing, and neither is Nomura going to have a fifteen to sixteen year old adopt a four to six year old. If they are related in knowing each other, brother is far more likely.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
1. She doesn't flip her hood up and down. Well, actually that's a lie, she does, however most of the time it's just shown like that because other members will see her a different way, and they don't want to spoil it.

2. Three-Hundred & Fifty Eight Days shared by two people. Those two people are Roxas and Xion.

3. That wasn't Roxas changing like that. It was Xion. Xion was just going through a breakdown and she didn't know what her identity was anymore. All the memories and connections that filled her head poured out and manifested as her appearance. The whole point of this scene was just to show Xion's confusion and the finally allow her character to take the step towards self-realization. After this scene, she began to take immediate measures to find out who she truly was.

4. No, she didn't do it so that he would kill her, although she didn't care if he did or not. She needed to confront Roxas one way or another. It would have been easier if she defeated Roxas, absorbed his memories, and then combined with Sora, but she lost the battle. Either way, if she won or lost, someone's memories would be released back into Sora, so she didn't care which way it ended. Roxas won, absorbed Xion's memories, and then in the future he went back to join Sora, something that Xion realized earlier.

5. She didn't just disappear. Did you even follow the story or did you just skip every scene? She left The World That Never Was so that she could discover who she was. She met Riku who held a bunch of answers and teamed up with him to find out the truth. Roxas & Axel just happened to meet her in Twilight Town that one day because they were doing something there. They probably spent most of their time there because Sora was sleeping there.

6. No one knows 100% who wrote each one, but you can guess most of them by the wording and diction in each report. Most of the replica-research ones are Vexen, Larxene is obvious, all the Axel ones are obvious, a couple of Xemnas ones are pretty simple to spot too. Luxord always takes about gambling in one way or another, Saix is present but a little hard to separate from Xemnas. Lexaeus is the one talking about stuff in Castle Oblivion. etc.

7. This one I have no idea. I don't know why but the device may have allowed Xion to control where they were fighting. I don't know if it was the Organization's plot or some random fluke. Can't say. But what you said sounds like it makes the most sense.

8. She didn't freeze, she crystalized. It's different from when Master Xehanort freezes Ven in the Birth By Sleep video. So no point in making any connection.

Um...some of this is kinda wrong.

1. She doesnt flip her hood up and down, it would take SO much time to do that. Her appearance varies on the person looking at her. A lot of them know what she is, so they see her as a hooded puppet.

4. I think you interpreted it wrong emotionally on Xion's part. YES she cared if he would kill her or if she killed him because she didnt want to leave because they are best friends But she was reprogrammed by Xemnas to absorb Roxas and when she appeared before him she was almost ready so she felt that she had to do this. Even at the end you could tell she was prepared beecause she wanted Roxas to stop Xemnas.

7. I think the device was more of a power source for her.

8. She did crystalize. But maybe because it was Vexen who made her.

MPC1301

8. She did crystalize. But maybe because it was Vexen who made her.

Regardless, why was her death do unlike any other nobodie's? And even at that, if it can be determined that this is because she truly wasn't a nobody, what would she be considered?

Did you even follow the story or did you just skip every scene?
T_T Yes, obviously I played through the game and watched all of the scenes. I just forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back