• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Book of Fates.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blendedhearts

Daniel rushed at top speed on his bike. He slammed on the brakes as he got to his grandfather's house. He ran inside to the lab and found his grandfather preparing to leave.

"What is it this time?" He said.

"A pack of Goblins escaped this morning, but luckily they just wandered into the woods. Hurry now, before they are discovered."

"Why Goblins?"

They gathered their equipment and ran into the woods. It didn't take long for them to spot the encampment. they were only half Daniel's size, but they were extremely vicious. A chipmunk ran by and one of the Goblins picked it up and ate it whole. Daniel felt sick.

"On three." Whispered the professor. "One... Two... Thr--" he was cut off as a Goblin roared and jumped at them. He fired and caught the Goblin in a net. It hopelessly struggled.

"They've spotted us, Fire!" but the Goblins were already retreating further into the woods. The professor cursed under his breath and told Daniel to follow him. He obeyed and they gave chase.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Lysenius snickered as he watched the goblins he set loose wreck havoc upon the Professor and his grandson. "One of the pleasures of being a demon," he said to himself as he looked intently upon the scene. He adjusted his sunglasses while making his way over to the Professor's home, chuckling all the way. Once inside, he walked down the steps to the basement laboratory, where the book was stored. The doppleganger shifted into the guise of genie, which he sometimes wore when in the fantasy realm. He was so busy thinking about all of the mischief he could cause next that he didn't realize that he knocked over a beaker as he left, spilling its contents onto the hard laboratory floor.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
Double post, sorry.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
Feng wandered through the streets of the city. It was twilight, the time between night and day. The air glimmered with heat, and the wind softly blew through the lonely road. He was alone. As he looked up, he saw one person peer out of a nearby apartment building before retreating inside. It was too hot to be outside at this time in the summer. The two suns that this world revolved around generated too much heat for most mortals to bear. But not Feng.

Feng rarely traveled in his solid form, preferring to ride the winds to his destination. But there were no pressing issues right now. So he was out here enjoying the last rays of sunlight before night. The golden yellow rays of the first sun, Solaris, mixed with the glaring red of the second sun, Helios. It made an interesting fiery color as it rounded the distant horizon, and passed through the polluted air of the city. When it finally reached Feng's eyes, it was tinted with shades of blue and purple. An interesting mix.

Feng sighed. This world held nothing. None of the three other great elemental spirits had recently visited this lonely dead-end world. He would feel the marks of their passings, if they did. Of them, the fire elemental, Sleif, had not tread these roads for many thousands of years. His greatest enemy.
Feng looked up as he felt a strange force rip through the peaceful evening. A summoning. Not directed to him, but what the heck, there was nothing here. He let himself go and revealed his true form, a glowing speck of green that was swept away into the ashes of the broken road...

...And appeared in a cellar.
No, it was a basement. There were no barrels of wine or ale. But there were a plethora of beakers and chemicals that sat pretty much everywhere, as well as books and scrolls. One of them was open, a huge tome of epic proportions. Feng walked over and looked at the cover. It bore one word: Fate

Apperently, this was the item that summoned him. But there was no summoner or summoness. How strange. It was as if the book had a mind of its own.
Carefully stepping over a broken beaker, he walked up the stairs and entered the main house, where he wandered through until he reached the porch. Upon reaching it, he looked outside, filling his lungs with the clean, fresh, country air. It had a slight tint of pollutants and chemicals, but it was pretty fresh.
Something caught his attention. A goblin. How queer. What was a goblin doing here? As far as he knew, goblins didn't build houses like these. And usually, the occupants of the said houses don't let goblins near.

Feng walked closer to investigate. As he neared, he noticed out of the corner of his eyes two men, a child and an old man...

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Jordon was walking down the street deep in thought. He was thinking about his family. His mother had left when he was young. His father was now ill in the hospital. Jordon was now old enough to take care of himself and had been living alone for the past three years. He wasn't going to take his fathers loss easily. Jordon stopped walking at a stop light and looked up at the beating sun. He had been attracting strange looks from passerby because of his trench coat. But Jordon never got hot. When he felt the heat he just called the power of the ice that existed in his body. He was as cool as a meat car on a train. He began walking when the traffic light changed. He was headed over to his father's now to see him. As he walked on the other side of the street he felt a strong presence. Feeling sick Jordon stopped walking and closed his eyes. He had already learned from his Dad that when strong magical presences made themselves known it was time to act. He felt the magic tug again and was for sure he hadn't imagined it. Making his way to the park that was across the street, Jordon found a secluded spot where he could teleport. All he had to do was grab a hold of the magical cord and it would take him there. Jordon found a spot hidden by trees, than he closed his eyes and grabbed the cord mentally. Next thing Jordon knew he was hurtling at a fast speed in the direction of the cord. Jordon opened his eyes and realized that he was in a basement. Looking around he saw that there were already people here. Jordon had no idea that so many knew about 'Fate'.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
OOC: I hope you don't mind that I'm posting. Just let me know if it's too late. I posted a profile in the other threat.

IC: Eko awoke to the most terrible stench he had ever had the displeasure of smelling. Groggily, he got off the cold, dirty ground. Dirty Ground?! The young Nymph distinctly remembered falling asleep in his nice hammock in the forest--NOT in some disgusting musty basement. He thought:

Where the Hell am I? And what is that HORRIBLE smell?

The air was filled with a toxic stench. Of course, all Nymphs had a great olfactory senses. Eko sniffed the air, finding the smell of rotten meat, goblins (disgusting creatures), and something unfamiliar. Something not natural. This smell did not exist in his forest. Eko was smelling car-exhaust. Pollution.

The Nymph wiped off his light-weight, airy clothes and looked around. He spotted a book entitled 'Fate'. Curious, Eko opened the book. He gasped. On the page that he had turned to was a picture of a forest. His Forest! And there was Eko, laying in his hammock. Beneath the picture, in curly writing, was this phrase:

'The Common Wood Nymph (Male)'

He blinked. Twice. Three times. Bewildered, Eko ran up and out of the basement and into the street, searching for some remnant of his home.

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^
"Dang, can't a guy sleep without-GAK!"

Dag fell out of the tree he was napping on. The Goblin who gave him the rudest wake-up call he ever received snickered at him. Which prompted our indifferent little friend into casting a paralyzing spell on the mischievous creature. The Goblin fell down, landing mere inches form Dag.

Swearing, he got up from the ground, and felt the same Cataclysmic Force he felt from the Other Side reveal itself once more. And it was bringing in more Magical Folk into the Human Realm. "Figures."

He dashed towards the direction of the Magic, and promptly bumped into a Wood Nymph. The Nymph shivered as he came in contact with Dagrun's intense aura. He sighed, resigned to the flow of Fate.

"Erm... I guess you need an explanation... This isn't your world we're in..."

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
When Lysenius reached the fantasy realm, he took note that a few of its inhabitants were missing. Now, the fantasy realm is simply teeming with life, but Lysenius is ever-observant, and was actually able to catalougue every single denizen of the realm in magical tome he could shrink to any size, so he could carry it unnoticed. He pulled it out, and flipped through its numerous pages. "Hmm...not anyone I usually like to bother, but this is an important phenomenon indeed.....If my calculations are correct, and they usually are, the book Fate now has more than a few users." Of course, the doppleganger didn't realize that the book already had more users than the Porfessor and his grandson before he ever found it.

The doppleganger pursed his lips and pondered this. "If the book is causing more abscences, the other denizens of this world are bound to notice eventually. And when they discover the book, which I know they will sooner or later, what's stopping them from hopping all over the place between dimensions?!" This thought made his quite unsettled, because in the doppleganger's warped way of thinking, the denizens of the fantasy realm were trying to steal his spotlight in the human world. Unfortunatly, the book could only work one way, so all he could do was wait until someone flipped to the page labeled 'Doppleganger'.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
"Erm... I guess you need an explanation... This isn't your world we're in..."

Looking at the creature before him, Eko felt a sense of dread, and began to shiver. The Nymph never left his forest in all 107 years of life, nor had he never seen an angel or a demon--let alone the creature of light and dark that stood before him.

"No, really?" he responded.

Eko did what any reasonable Nymph would do. With a poof and a flash of bright light, his body began to sparkle green. When the light faded, Eko was gone. A beautiful, blossoming flower bed was growing where the Nymph was standing moments before.

Hopefully they're dull in this world...

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The suspense was killing Lysenius as he waited anxiously for that familiar tug into the human world. He couldn't bear the idea of others using the book (besides the professor, of course) and wanted to put a stop to it immediatly. Meanwhile, a certain half-demon happened to flip through the book, landing in the later 'D' section. In the fantasy world, Lysenius felt that familiar tug and knew someone, whether it was a denizen of the fantasy realm or not, had used the mystical tome. With a kick of his heels, the doppleganger was whisked away to the Prime Material Plane. When he aarrived in the basement, he was shocked to see a strange being before him, with two normally conflicting energies radiating from him, giving him an intense aura. But Lysentius, being no minor demon, wasn't negatively affected by it. He studied the half-demon, lwering his aviator's sunglasses to get a better look in the dark laboratory. "Well, well..." he said. "What have we here? A denizen of the realm of Fate? And may I ask how you came about this tome?" Lysenius's tone became more hostile as he continued, and all the while, the dopppleganger never stopped staring into his strange, grey eyes.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------

Deep within the intense burning furnaces, at the heart of a large volcano, a small orb of flames seemingly floated in the fire. Every few moments, a faint outline of a person could be seen materializing around the orb, as the flames continued to increase in pressure and strength. Finally taking full form after many millennium, Sleif looked a little confused as he turned his head around him, noticing a pair of faintly glowing chains wrapped around his arms and legs.

"Oh yes. Now I remember!" Sleif said to himself, as he let out a tired huff of breath, just prior to the chains fading and disappearing around him. "Sleif! You have been released from your chains. You know what this means!" said the loud godlike voice, to Sleif. "Yes, I understand! What exactly would you like me to do?" asked Sleif.

"We want you to do, what needs to be done. So as we don't have a repeat, of what happened!" replied the voice. "Very well then!" Sleif said, grinning a little as he held his arms out to his side, causing the whole volcano to shake. On the outside, the shaking caused by Sleif made mini earthquakes and fissures on the surrounding area, before a small flash could have been seen, coming from out of the crater at the top of the volcano.

Slamming his full force into the middle of a large dense forest, Sleif rose from the crater he had made, noticing the charred clearing he no doubtfully created from the impact. Closing his eyes, Sleif began to try and find a sense of everything around him. This didn't work, as he suddenly opened his eyes with an angry expression on his face.

"Looks like I haven't got all of it back. Damn them!" Sleif said to himself, as he slowly walked out of the crater and onto the slightly torched grass. "I guess I'll have to find him this way. Should be more fun anyway!" said Sleif, smiling again as he made his way through the forest.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Cado patiently was meditating within the thick brush of the forest. He opened his eyes to sense a earthquake and grunted as he stood up. He jumped out of the Tree of Silence and ran through the trees and stopped at the base of the forest that met with the burnt field to meet a man walking towards the forest. "Who are you?" growls Cado as he clenches his fist as the ground begins to harden.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------

Just as Sleif was about to make his way through the forest, and then onto what he needed to do, something caused him to stop his approach, before turning to the one who was approaching him. "Who are you?" asked the strange being as he appeared in the area, clenching his fists as the ground below him began to harden.

"What an interesting creature!" Sleif said out loud, as he looked up and down the half man, half lion, Cado. "Tell me! What kind of creature are you exactly?" Sleif asked Cado, fully looking at him as he held his right gloved hand, to his chin, while his long dark light hair gently blew in the wind.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Looks like the book is gone. Jordon thought to himself looking around the basement. But I can find it again. It shouldn't be that hard of a challenge.
Jordon left the basement and headed out into the woods. He was going to find that book. Jordon's plans were put on halt however when his cell phone rang. Jordon continued walking as he answered.
"Hello."
"Son where are you? I thought you said you were coming to see me." Jordon's father answered.
Jordon stopped walking and sighed. It looked like his quest for Fate would have to wait.
"I just had a small errand to run. I'll be right there."
Jordon closed his phone and disappeared with a pop. He ended up not too far from the hospital. He was irritated feeling that the book was so close and he was no where near it. Gritting his teeth Jordon walked into the hospitals sliding doors and over to the receptionist.
"I'm looking for Mr. Sam's room. I'm his son."
"Wait one moment." The receptionist said smiling entering his name into the system.
Jordon looked around in irritation. He was worried about his father but finding Fate was more important to him.
"He's in room 247 on floor three."
"Thank you." Jordon said leaving the desk and heading for the elevator.

Jordon wasn't too happy too see his father was hooked up to all kinds of machines and wires when he came into his room. It almost made him feel guilty for looking for Fate. Almost.
"So how are you feeling?" Jordon asked pulling up a chair beside his father's bed.
"I'm good. The doctor said that I'll be able to go home soon."
"Is it because there is nothing else they can do, or because you're making a stunning recovery?"
Jordon's father hesitated not wanting to answer the question.
"It's alright." Jordon said with a sigh. "I was expecting it to come to this eventually."
"I've lived a long time. It's your turn to shine now. Don't worry about me. I really don't want to put a huge burden on you."
"You aren't putting a huge burden on me." Jordon said lying. "You're my father and I'll do my best to help you and make you comfortable."
Jordon's father smiled and turned over in his bed.
"So what kinds of things have you been working on lately?" His father asked.
Jordon remained silent before answering.
"I'm looking for Fate." He said quietly.
His father sat up quickly and just stared at his son. Than he fell back down on his pillow at a loss for breath having used all his energy to sit up.
"That book is dangerous. Please be careful. I know that you're an adult now but don't go and do anything reckless. I didn't train you in the art of sorcery to get yourself killed! Do you even know how many beings are looking for this book?" His father finished in a dangerous whisper.
"I'm pretty sure I have an idea..." Jordon said thinking back to the basement and the forest.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
"What an interesting creature!" Sleif said out loud, as he looked up and down the half man, half lion, Cado. "Tell me! What kind of creature are you exactly?" Sleif asked Cado, fully looking at him as he held his right gloved hand, to his chin, while his long dark light hair gently blew in the wind.

"My appearance is nothing for you to worry about, My Nature IS....NOW WHO ARE YOU," roars louder as the hardened ground becomes spiked up and starts floating in mid air, Cado was pissed and he wasn't gonna let a smart-one take the better of him. Cado rushes at him and slashes up a boulder and kicks it as he lands on his right side and slides back with his face looking down rather than up and his claws dug into the ground.

Akans

「moriya」
A job well done, Feng thought to himself as he examined his handiwork.
Scattered around the gardens were the unconscious bodies of each and every goblin that had escaped, or attempted to escape really, Feng. They were simple-minded creatures. Cruel, but easy to predict what they would try to do. The first one had ran towards Feng, seeing him as easy prey. With a flick of his fingers, the goblin flew into the air and slammed into a tree, headfirst. From the surrounding trees, three more goblins' heads peeked out to see what the commotion was, and immediately started to run when they saw their downed comrade.
An invisible force caught them, and swept them towards Feng, where he took them out easily. The rest fell as quickly.

As he dusted his hands off, he felt a rumble of energy. Something most people would not feel, but Feng was attuned towards it. It was one of his brethren, one of the elemental spirits.
It was Sleif. Oh great.
Well, he knew that Sleif was released, but not where he is. Feng had a sneaking suspicion that the book of Fate would. Under elemental spirits. So he walked back inside towards the cellar...
And stopped as he reached a whole crowd of people.
A half-angel, half-demon creature, a wood nymph, and a doppleganger. They weren't here a second ago. Oh well, that was not his concern. All he needed to do was use the book.

"All of you were caught by this book?" Feng asked absentmindely as he walked down the stairs and towards the book. "Well, don't mind me. I'm just going to look up something." Feng's eyes flickered in annoyance as he passed the angel-demon. His aura was annoying. But once again, not his concern.

Feng walked up to the book, ignoring the others, and flipped towards the F section. Sleif had to be here somewhere...

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^
"..."

Things were going real badly. First, the Nymph ignores him and turns into a flower bed. Then a Doppleganger decides to annoy him with questions. He hated people who medddled with other people's business more than anything. Then, a Spirit appears. Annoyed, he shoved the annoying Doppleganger away from his face, and gave him the one-fingered salute.

"10 feet. Not any closer, Doppleganger." He jumped, landing a few feet away from the demon, and, addressing the Spirit, "Actually, I've been wondering about that book myself. It... called to me. Not the same as what happened to you though. I've been hanging around here for a while. Some old man and his grandson's been trying to find out how it works."

He shifted from foot to foot. He never had been much of a talker, with all the people tring their darndest to stay at least 3 meters from him and his aura, so this made him very uncomfortable indeed.

He felt the energies in the Book pulse once, and swore. "Looks like we'll have company soon..."

Wicked

absurdiam
Hunter sat in the middle of the forest, on a rock. He sat and listened to the wind talk to the trees, the ants talk to one another and the heartbeat of the other invertebrates that lingered around the tall trees. Hunter did this everyday, sometimes he would sit there for hours on end listen to the secrets of the forest. But today, he felt somthing different. Conflict.

He wondered out of the deep green jungle and onto a green plain, the sun hit his eyes hard and violently. He noticed somthing different, the volcano must be upset, somthing has forced it to overflow, Hunter thought to himself. In the distance he spotted two dots, he could also sense high energy levels, at leased one. The level was almost as high as a group of strong sorcerers. He teleported closer to see.

He looked closely at the being that was burning fire red and knew instantly who he was, the other specimen, Hunter was not so sure he recognized. He was transparent, the two couldn’t see him so Hunter focused on the beast on the floor and reached into his mind.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Hunter said while turning back to normal so the two beasts could see him, "Do you know who he is? The ancient Fire Spirit? You haven’t heard? Its best you don't pick a fight, take my advice."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------

"My appearance is nothing for you to worry about, My Nature IS....NOW WHO ARE YOU," roared Cado, before he launched a small barrage of earth at him, slashing and sending a boulder straight towards him, as he landed on the ground somewhere to the right of him. With a rather bored expression on his face, Sleif raised his right burning hand towards the incoming boulder, instantly solidifying and catching the large piece of earth.

Still keeping his solidified hand upon the boulder, Sleif grinned a little sensing a new presence in the area. Due to the small lock on some of his abilities, he couldn't tell who exactly it was, though he knew someone was there. "Do you know who he is? The ancient Fire Spirit? You haven’t heard? Its best you don't pick a fight, take my advice." said the being, as it appeared in front of Cado.

"Oh, but it's far too late not to pick a fight now!" Sleif said to the two, not turning around to look at them, and still keeping his hand on the earth. Suddenly, the boulder seemed to have begun to glow, as a small amount of pressure radiated throughout the tiny area. At that moment, the large boulder instantly exploded, causing intense flames and fire to arc around the area, closing it off from the rest of the forest.

Turning now around to face the two beings, Sleif changed his right hand back to its flame version again, grinning as he looked at the two. "Now, what kind of being are you?" Sleif asked, as he looked at Hunter, intrigued in the strange creatures that now existed in the world, since he last was awake.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The half-demon shoved Lysenius back a few feet, and made a rather rude gesture in his face. For a moment, the doppleganger considered transforming into a dragon and blasting him to bits, but then, decided that perhaps a more subtle method was necessary. He transformed into a small gargoyle, flew up to one of the high shelves, and sat himself down. The half-demon was currently speaking to the wind spirit, saying that the book "called to him". Lysenius interrupted, "Ah, yes, the ever-present allure of Fate...." He allowed a faraway look into his eyes before he continued. "Tell me child, how did you come by such a powerful artifact?"

The half-demon glared at Lysenius, as if to say "I'll bite your head off if you talk to me again." Undaunted, the doppleganger continued. "Forgive my outburst earlier, for I was in shock, to be quite honest. I had no idea that the tome had other users, and seeing your demon heritage, I feared that you were sent by the Demon-Lord to retrieve the book, so I could no longer escape my banishment." The half-demon looked at him quizically. "Ah, yes, my banishment! I've been banished for so long that I just assumed you knew about it. It all started when-" The half-demon was no longer paying attention to him. Lysenius was deflated, but not quite beaten. He looked away, making it seem him was thinking out loud, and muttered, "The lad should show some respect...after all, I have been a user of the book for quite a while now. Why, with all of the knowledge I have about that tome, it's as if I made it myself. But I won't continue to waste my time here, I have chaos to cause." With that, he fluttered down from the shelf, and made his way towards the door. He quickly glanced back, and saw the half-demon looking intently at him, with a faint glimmer of curiousity in his eyes. Hook, line, and sinker, the doppleganger thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back