• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► >_>

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Ya, I'm finally making one of these. Ugh.

So, shall we start with the background story? I say aye, we should. LET'S GO!

Ok, so I met this girl (Let's call her A for anonymity) a couple years back, maybe when I was around 11? We hit it off pretty well, friends and whatnot. I didn't have MSN back then, so I didn't keep in touch, and about two to three years ago, we finally added each other on MSN. I talked to her for a year or so, and I fell in love with her personality. Now, I never saw her that often, since I only saw her once every year due to this Vietnamese doctor party thing and sometimes my memory of her would go fuzzy ya know. I'd forget what she looked like at times.

---

So, this year, I met her again at the VietDrPartyThing, and oh man, my knees nearly gave out. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen ._. And mind you, I'm a sucker for cute girls. Well, I talked to her as a friend, and we had a blast. A month later, I couldn't stop thinking about her. It was either love, obsession, or infatuation. I knew it was one of those three. She then invited me to her birthday party in March. I went out, bought her a necklace and decided to ask her out that night. I choked. So I left the necklace in her room and went home. Pretty stupid eh? So I typed up this huge e-mail, explaining everything the moment I got home. I went to sleep. Next morning, I received an e-mail back, in which she had said she liked me as well. I called her cell and asked her out.

---

Unfortunately for me, there were a couple large factors that royally ****ed our relationship.

1) She lived two hours by bus, and I couldn't drive yet.
2) Our parents knew each other, they were friends. So if I were to break her heart, the relationship between my parents and her parents would diminish, and my parents would look like the bad ones since I'm the guy.
3) Her parents were much more stricter than mine. They hardly let her go out except on Fri, Sat and Sun, and I couldn't let them know that I was dating their daughter, they hated me already. Why? It's because there had been a rumour going around between a lot of the adults at the VietDrPartyThing in which they said we looked good together, as a couple. Her dad hated that. Ugh.
4) My parents soon found out because my mom is one sneaky person.​

---

Well, with those in hand, my mom didn't want me dating her (refer to reason 2 for why she didn't want me too). I'm an honest guy, so I told A, about my situation, and that I still wanted to continue to see her.

---

Three days later, she broke up with me, claiming that her feelings were naught but simple infatuation. Now, this may have been the real reason, it may not have been at all. All I knew was that she probably had another reason in there she didn't tell me, probably a reason that she knew I would argue on and on about. So I was depressed for a while.

---

We made up, became friends again. Now, last Friday (the 17th) I saw her again since I promised to see Transformers with her when it came out. So me, A, her friend M, came to watch TF. Then we met up with a few of my friends, and we went around the mall. I got jealous. I knew she was the kind of person who anyone could talk to for 2 minutes and become friends with, but the fact that ALL of my friends there besides us three were guys, I got mad jealous and acted a bit out of line.

Thing is, I still have as much feelings for her now as I did back then. Should I ask her for another go, or continue to be her friend? I don't want to jeopardize our friendship, but I wanna be able to hold her in my arms and whatnot.

So ya, that's my situation >_> *Cough*

Oh, and if any clarification is needed, do ask. This was typed up at 2 AM in the morning, and my brain isn't functioning as well as it should be.

Last edited:

Shadukai X

Banned
I think that the smartest thing to do right now is to just lay off for awhile. I get the feeling you were kinda in a hurry regarding everything. Jumping to dating right away, you know? Most girls I've been with perfer it if you're nicely paced when it comes to dating.

Play the "friend role" for awhile. Everything should start building back up.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
I have to agree with Shad, to me it sounds like you know your feelings for her, but maybe she hasn't figured her's out for you. Just wait, she very well may come back around to you. If she doesn't then be happy for whoever it is she does go to, time will tell.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Either wait or give up at this point on liking her as much as you do.

If you go too forward at this point she could just forget about you completely.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
So uh, is the fact that she broke up with me 3 months ago long enough? >: Like during those three months, I knew I still had feelings, but I suppressed them due to massive school work and exam studying. I didn't really notice how jealous I'd get until I saw her again on Fri x_X

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I watch too many shoujo drama's to really say. Those always have happy endings...

anyway.

I'm at a blank really. All I can think right now is f*cking Lion King quotes.
I don't think remembering who you are'll do you shit...

You gotta keep in mind though that she may not like you that way...ever.
:3 Sucky advice sucks.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, sometimes the real advice can hurt. . .

It may be long enough, it may not. Maybe you just missed your chance in the year that you two barely talked. I still stand by my advice. . .

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Throw her on a gurnee and mount her like a lion :<

Or, you could probably try getting out and meeting some new people. I've found the best way to get over old crushes is to hang out at a football game or a concert or something and try to get to know some people, one that might just replace your infatuation.

Unless, of course, you really do love her, in which case I'd try to get into a college near her, and maybe ever room with her or something. At your current distance, any kind of relationship is more or less impossible.

~Dorian Gray

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Heh. I dunno how much like me you are, probably not as stubborn, but I tend to fight for what I want. How many teenagers will actually say that their feelings for someone is infatuation? That's like saying, hey I'm an idiot go away. Fight for what you want, or move on, it can't get much simpler.

Dunno how old you are, but possibly getting with her AFTER high school might be an option. At that point, it's greatly lacking in the "outside influences" that honestly sound like the reason you had to break up. No doubt, I'd wager her parents told her to break it off, it's just infatuation, and as a child she does not know what she wants.

Been there done that. X_x

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I'm 16, turning 17 in October xD

I see your point. Talking to her on msn right now... >_> Her parents are strict, so they don't like it when she's on the phone at home a lot, so most of my communication with her has to be on msn. Which sucks.

Alaude Drenxta

Hah, don't worry, my girlfriend's parents are the same way. XD

They don't like letting her stay at my house very long, and they kicked her off the phone at 9 today, which sucked. So I talk to her on aim a lot when we're both stuck at home, and what do yah know, her computer is busted. XD

I'm just saying, hang tight man, bear through the bullshit, maybe even take a shot at impressing her parents. :p
Always easier to be with someone when their parents think you're great, even if you have to fake it. ;3
XD

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Ugh, so I told her everything today, and no luck. She was really understanding which is one of the reasons why I totally fell for her >_> Why must it be so hard to let go?

GAAAAAAAH.

Oh well. Situation finished. We ain't going back together ):

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
I'm probably not the best one for advice, but you've barely scratched the surface of life, so don't think love should come so quickly. Depression never solves anything, so don't go there, ok? Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I know, I'm probably just throwing the word around. Whatever, I'm still young and naive, so at the moment, that's the only word I can think of when it comes to how I feel about her.

Like, even when I see her, even though we're just friends, I feel really happy. It feels better than if I were to get like $300 from my parents for no reason.
Or when there's a lot of people, I find her to be the most beautiful girl there.
Or when she sings. She'll say it sucks, but I think she has the voice of an angel.

I've been like this for months now. It's hard to forget her when she's one of the greatest friends you've ever had, and when a lot of the things you listen to and do remind you of her.

Le sigh. Guess I've got a long way to go in life.

Alaude Drenxta

Hah. Yea, you're just getting started, and I definitely know what you mean. Moving on might be tough, but if she wants you to, it's best to respect that, and not take the fact that she's still willing to be friends with you for granted. :O

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Ya. I'd rather have her as a friend than have her hating me.

Also, thanks for the comments guys. To be honest, I feel heck of a lot better now that I've told her. I don't regret my decision either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back