• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

9/3 Union χ JP Update: Message from Nomura, 4th Anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If by "line" he means "worldline" , I believe the third one is where we will have TWEWY and Verum Rex.

1º worldline: The age of fairy tales - KHX stuff (Past)
2º worldline: The main one we've been playing with Sora and co. (Present)
3º worldline: "The real world setting" TWEWY, Verum Rex... (Future)

I think he is hinting at two things at the same time: a new worldline and also a new line of something.

We have KH the series and then [chi] the mobile/browser series, and now a third one that is both a new worldline within the multiverse of KH and also in its own format—A novel, TV show, shorts, or what have you.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nobody asked but some of us on Staff think the idea that the UX team had, that leads into a "double feature", is a sequel to Back Cover that covers things like the Keyblade War + the new Union Leaders storyline. We have no idea how this would be distributed though, whether as a DLC update or a standalone upload to YouTube or something else. Taochan thinks it may be another mobile game though.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Taochan thinks it may be another mobile game though.
I had that thought as well, a possible second mobage running in tandem with UX
Though I can't even guess what the premise of a second game would be

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I had that thought as well, a possible second mobage running in tandem with UX
Though I can't even guess what the premise of a second game would be
Running in tandem? I think it could be a third season for KHUx, or maybe a new game to replace KHUx.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Running in tandem? I think it could be a third season for KHUx, or maybe a new game to replace KHUx.
Since Nomura called it something unthinkable, I don't think it'd be a relaunch/season three, considering they already did that
And I don't see a purpose in replacing the game outright with a new app.

If the hint is "double feature," it makes me think of two things at once.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Since Nomura called it something unthinkable, I don't think it'd be a relaunch/season three, considering they already did that
And I don't see a purpose in replacing the game outright with a new app.

If the hint is "double feature," it makes me think of two things at once.
Makes sense. I wonder on who a second mobile game would center on. Maybe of a KH app game a la KHUx, we'll get something akin to monthly chapters?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Because I'm a total geek, I tried to see whose characters' names could fit into those seven characters. And there's: Ephemer, Vanitas, Lauriam, and Larxene. Just FYI.
I think everyone trying to decipher the blanks is forgetting that Nomura, uh, speaks Japanese
And even in the translation, putting a single word into that space doesn't give us a complete sentence.

Even if the amount of spaces lines up with what he would be saying, there's no possible way for us to figure it out, especially when we don't even know what this "third line" is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think everyone trying to decipher the blanks is forgetting that Nomura, uh, speaks Japanese
And even in the translation, putting a single word into that space doesn't give us a complete sentence.

Even if the amount of spaces lines up with what he would be saying, there's no possible way for us to figure it out, especially when we don't even know what this "third line" is.

Eeeeeh, with those little bubbles they are actually often English or romaji, and KH uses a lot of English for its taglines or keywords.

If it is, it’s definitely a keyword and not meant to be a full sentence.

That said, those bubbles also can just be meaningless and fit nothing in any language.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Eeeeeh, with those little bubbles they are actually often English or romaji, and KH uses a lot of English for its taglines or keywords.

If it is, it’s definitely a keyword and not meant to be a full sentence.

That said, those bubbles also can just be meaningless and fit nothing in any language.
The line itself in Japanese is 「そして3ラインで○○○○○○○…… 」
And the way it starts, I think it'd just be awkward to end with a single keyword.

I see ○ get used as a censor often in Japanese. Usually either a single one in the middle of the offending word (う○こ) or three of them replacing the word outright.
At any rate, I'm leaning pretty hard on "it doesn't actually mean anything," and there being seven might just be Nomura being cheeky.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I was going to say what you did, Oracle Spockanort (about Nomura sometimes using English words for KH things), but you beat me to it!

Also, there was one more name I forgot to mention that's seven letters (mainly because I think Nomura's done with this character): Lexaeus.

Though to be honest, I think the names I listed mean nothing. I assume Nomura's talking about the next saga in that line. And I doubt he'd name a saga after the above characters--even though Ephemer might work better than some others, but probably not even then--but I still thought I'd put it all, just in case that did magically happen... or something:)

If anything, maybe Oracle Spockanort is right about it being "novella". You might also be right, of course, The_Echo. But hopefully we'll all find out in the near future!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here's the official notice from Global version:

Hello everyone, this is Nomura.
With the combined efforts of all our staff, we have been able to reach the 4th anniversary for the Japanese version of this title.
Of course, this milestone would not have been possible without the support from all the Keyblade Wielders around the world.
I would like to extend my thanks to all those that supported this title up to this point.

To express our gratitude, we will be distributing gifts consecutively everyday from Sep. 3, 2019 for 8 days counting down to the 4th anniversary.
On the 8th day, a new trailer for the currently in development KINGDOM HEARTS III: Re Mind will be released!
The release of the trailer will be slightly earlier than when the final gift will be distributed, roughly around Sep. 9, 2019 8:00 a.m (PT) / 15:00 (UTC).

Unfortunately, I was unable to prepare an illustration to commemorate this anniversary.
Instead, with the time gained, I have made great strides in progress with the story quests.
Although I was unable to finish in time for the 4th Anniversary, starting from October, we plan to update the story quests four times.
Now I would like to share with you all one scene each from the two stories that have already been completed as of this moment.

img
Very intriguing, right?

In regards to KH scenarios, I wrapped up the story for Re Mind, as well as the two story quests for UX. All that is left is to finish the remaining two story quests. However, I have received another mysterious request... Let’s just say this request involves an unannounced 3rd story line for KH. Once I complete this mysterious request, I’ll complete the 2 remaining story quests for UX.
And once all of that is complete, the 3 story lines will ○○○○○○○……
Very intriguing, right?

Now that things have calmed down after the release of KH III, the KH Series has been growing with many more phases with many things in the horizon. Please continue to love and support KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ[Cross]!
The other day, some UX Staff members came to me for some shocking consultation. I think a revolution of change may fall upon UX.
The hint is “double-feature.”
Until next time!

The big thing is that they claim the term "line" refers to storylines and not worldlines.

Uhh, take it as you will, I guess.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here's the official notice from Global version:

The big thing is that they claim the term "line" refers to storylines and not worldlines.

Uhh, take it as you will, I guess.
This update had my attention as well. However I found the most significant difference to be at the end of that paragraph. Rather than the site's take of:
KHInsider said:
I'll just say this: that one mystery thing is related to a yet-unannounced 3rd "line" of KH…… And in the 3rd line○○○○○○○……"
The official translation instead is:
official said:
And once all of that is complete, the 3 story lines will ○○○○○○○……
Which has wholly different implications. Obviously, we can see that the redacted word is without a shadow of a doubt in English (To little surprise). Though now that we know the tease refers to the 3 'lines' collectively, rather than the 3rd on its own, I think it becomes easier to speculate on the meaning.
'Connect', anyone? 'Collide'?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This update had my attention as well. However I found the most significant difference to be at the end of that paragraph. Rather than the site's take of:

The official translation instead is: Which has wholly different implications. Obviously, we can see that the redacted word is without a shadow of a doubt in English (To little surprise). Though now that we know the tease refers to the 3 'lines' collectively, rather than the 3rd on its own, I think it becomes easier to speculate on the meaning.
'Connect', anyone? 'Collide'?

The thing is, we don't know if they actually consulted Nomura about his intentions while translating this notice. Given SENA's history with errors in their UX notices, it's entirely possible that they made assumptions.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing is, we don't know if they actually consulted Nomura about his intentions while translating this notice. Given SENA's history with errors in their UX notices, it's entirely possible that they made assumptions.
That I definitely agree with, but it says what it says. I don't think it's a distinction that can be ignored. It would certainly be a large mistake though.

Keybladeschosen98

The thing that stops me from thinking is it’s something as big as a full game is he’s stopping writing the UX updates to do this third thing, and those updates won’t be kept back for long so I imagine this is a task that may take up a couple of weeks on his schedule rather than a couple of months - years like a game would (remember he floated DLC expansions around towards the end of last year and he only finished writing the scenario for that recently, so that was a couple of months work.)

I know im late to the party xD lol but hear me out...... what if the "3rd line" represented console's? Playstation ( 1st line) xbox (2nd line) and the "3rd line" is the nintendo switch. The switch is the only console that doesn't have any kingdom hearts on it yet. And what if the " mystery request " that he was asked to do was to design Sora in smash bros ultimate?!?! And this" double feature " could be the remixes on the switch and sora in being in smash ultimate? Just wanna throw that out there.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I wasn't able to finish in time for the 4th anniversary, but starting October I plan to release four main story updates in a row.
I thought that with "in a row" Nomura meant four main story updates in October, like one every week, but doesn't seem like it since we still didn't get anything...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thought that with "in a row" Nomura meant four main story updates in October, like one every week, but doesn't seem like it since we still didn't get anything...

Yeah, it was really disappointing to have last week go by and to get nothing. The notices and tweets refer to every single story update as a "main story update," but I suppose it's likely Nomura's definition is the same as ours, as in the actual main story.

Back