• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

9/11

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, knowing on how 9/11 is tomorow. I was wondering if anyone lost a family member that day? Or if they remember what they were doing at that exact moment they heard/saw the towers get hit.

I lost my uncle in the tower. He was in the NT the 10th floor.

Let the chat begin..

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I was in school and I was dissapointed because the building was to be shut down as soon an kids were let on the bus. The teachers had no idea what was going on.

I got home and my mom was in front of the tv on her knees crying watching very closely.

I din't lose anybody that I know...But it impacted me even at that age.

Joy

Bronze Member
I didn't understand what was going on at all. I was young and sheltered and could show no feeling towards the situation, except for the fact that I remember seeing my dad watching it a lot.

It was probably a very scary day indeed.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i was in my history class in middle school when it happened. i thought the coming war would end in less than a year. boy was i wrong.

Valamphias

I was in 8th Grade, near the beginning of American History class. I was a bit confused at first, but since the rest of the day was mostly spent watching the news instead of doing classwork I came to fully understand exactly what happened and how much of a tragedy it was.

I didn't lose anyone thankfully.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I didn't lose anyone, but my grandfather helped build the towers. I'm kind of glad he died a few years before they fell.

But.

That's about all.

MrFreshPrince

Same with my brother, lost our uncle. Sucks cause I was really close with him too, more then my dad. Things happen though. All I know he's smiling from heaven at me. For all the things I accomplished and will accomplish, that I'm not just a urban kid trying to get my education. Its much more then that.
RIP..

Sephiroth333

i was seven years old I was absent from school that day my teacher seemed to be depressed for a long time after it ,so were my parents and it impacted me highly as well.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I didn't understand what was going on at all. I was young and sheltered and could show no feeling towards the situation, except for the fact that I remember seeing my dad watching it a lot.

It was probably a very scary day indeed.

More or less this.

I seem to remember only finding out about some time after it happened. Likely not too long.

A

Azrael

In 4th grade, we had a prayer service once we heard. My dad was part of the clean up crew, I really didn't lose anyone.

la tangerine

I think I was at school and had only noticed it on the television when I arrived at home. It didn't affect me that much since I didn't lose anyone and I was still a child, so I had no real concrete concept of despair just yet. The text below is purely logical and factual and not in the least meant to be heartfelt, so don't read if you're overly sensitive to the actual events of 9/11.

Although the events of 9/11 were undeniably horrible, forgive me for saying that from a national security standpoint they were, for lack of a better word, necessary. I don't mean any disrespect to those lost or to those who have lost; the event could have been any terrorist attack on par with the 9/11 attacks, but the events did increase the standards for travel security measures and national security measures. Although many new security measures seem like a hassle and are widely perceived as unnecessary or inappropriate, it's comforting to know that thousands of terrorist ploys have been halted annually ever since that day. With the old laws and standards, an attack of 9/11's scale was bound to happen; governments and privatized businesses never viewed security as a big factor before then, and lord knows the population didn't either because most people have a "it could never happen to me" mindset. Many people still think of departments like Homeland Security as violent and cruel, as well, but, more often than not, the work done is extremely effective, and the system is very rarely slipping up. We also have to take into account the creation of departments such as the Transportation Security Administration, which is doing a fine job of keeping our travel lines safe. The point is that before 9/11 our travel lines and laws were far too lenient, and an event on such a scale will not be seen for quite a long time (at least in major cities and locations, obviously omitting areas such as Darfur) thanks to a well-learned and implemented lesson.

Last edited:

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
I think I was at school and had only noticed it on the television when I arrived at home. It didn't affect me that much since I didn't lose anyone and I was still a child, so I had no real concrete concept of despair just yet. The text below is purely logical and factual and not in the least meant to be heartfelt, so don't read if you're overly sensitive to the actual events of 9/11.

Although the events of 9/11 were undeniably horrible, forgive me for saying that from a national security standpoint they were, for lack of a better word, necessary. I don't mean any disrespect to those lost or to those who have lost; the event could have been any terrorist attack on par with the 9/11 attacks, but the events did increase the standards for travel security measures and national security measures. Although many new security measures seem like a hassle and are widely perceived as unnecessary or inappropriate, it's comforting to know that thousands of terrorist ploys have been halted annually ever since that day. With the old laws and standards, an attack of 9/11's scale was bound to happen; governments and privatized businesses never viewed security as a big factor before then, and lord knows the population didn't either because most people have a "it could never happen to me" mindset. Many people still think of departments like Homeland Security as violent and cruel, as well, but, more often than not, the work done is extremely effective, and the system is very rarely slipping up. We also have to take into account the creation of departments such as the Transportation Security Administration, as well, which is doing a fine job of keeping our travel lines safe. The point is that before 9/11 our travel lines and laws were far too lenient, and an event on such a scale will not be seen for quite a long time (at least in major cities and locations, obviously omitting areas such as Darfur) thanks to a well-learned and implemented lesson.

Very very well put.
*Reps*

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
I was at school watching it on the TV with everyone else.

I thought the towers collapsing was awesome. You know, except for the people who died of course. But the image itself of something that tall collapsing like that, just amazed me.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
I was at school watching it on the TV with everyone else.

I thought the towers collapsing was awesome. You know, except for the people who died of course. But the image itself of something that tall collapsing like that, just amazed me.

True. The way the towers fell..Pretty awesome...Lol

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Wow I almost forgot it was tomorrow, and I am not very patriotic so screw the red white and blue.

*Edit*

Meaning I rarely have close of that color and if I do they'd make me look dorky considering my lack of wardrobe :\

Y

Yannis

Do you know someone, who didnt die there, but has some problems now because of it?(traumas, problems with lunges, broken bones?)

Is WTC even the biggest civilian loss in one attack? I dont think so, I think Americans are making it bigger as always. :/

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
I think it was something in the next hour that I asked my 7th grade Math teacher if the other tower collaspaed (because we left the class not long after the first one collasped) and I got "yes" for an answer. I might not of had a relative in there, but I did feel sad for the tradegy.

However, Yannis is kind of right.. for once.. December 26, 2004.. One of the worst natrual disasters happened and it didn't kill no (over) 2000 people, it killed (over) 200000 people and even wiped out whole villages of people, whole entire families. Ironically, Katrina's more in the news than this disaster to, but yet all Katrina did was kill 2000 or so Americas and did a whole lot of damage to New Orleans, which shouldn't even exist, at least where it is. Of course, that was also brought on because they had to be stupid and spend their money they had to upgrade their levees on a stupid football stadium. (Yeah.. like a Catagory 3-4 hurricane isn't going to roar through nearby and cause your levees to fail.)

Though, it's still sad that some many people had to die before we could open our eyes, in both cases. (9/11 and Katrina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back