• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

8 Dead in Nursing Home Shooting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Tom

Eight people have been killed and several others wounded in a shooting at a nursing home in Carthage, North Carolina, police and hospital officials said Sunday.
The shooting happened at about 10 a.m. Sunday in Carthage, North Carolina, authorities said.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Carthage Police Chief Chris McKenzie told CNN affiliate News 14 Carolina that there were six dead at the scene and three wounded, including a police officer. Gretchen Kelly, a spokeswoman for FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital, told CNN later that two of the six patients brought there had died, and two were still being treated.
Few details of the shootings, which happened about 10 a.m. Sunday, were immediately available. There was no immediate indication as to the attacker's motive, and it was not clear whether the gunman was in custody or was among the dead or wounded.
"I ain't never seen nobody being mistreated down there or nothing," Bobby Dunn, whose 89-year-old mother was living at the facility, told News 14. "That's what I can't understand -- why somebody would come and do something like that."
advertisement.gif

McKenzie said the facility was "under our control" and patients had been moved to another building. Police were still interviewing witnesses early Sunday afternoon, he said. Carthage is about 60 miles southwest of Raleigh.
Sunday's killings were the latest in a series of high-profile but unrelated rampages in March, including the killings of 10 people by an Alabama man who was then killed by police. At a southern Illinois church, a man shot and killed the pastor and stabbed two parishioners, and a 17-year-old in Germany killed 15 people in two small towns before dying in a shootout with police

Is there nowhere that is safe in the world anymore?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Now this crap is even happening at nursing homes?

Dear god.

Apollo

Silver Member
I don't think the fact it's a nursing home makes it worse. I rather this happen, then a school shooting. They're older, and may be closer to death then some kids. But that doesn't take away how sad this is.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
But for what reason would anybody want to do something like that at a nursing home?

I just really can't think of any motives.

Apollo

Silver Member
But for what reason would anybody want to do something like that at a nursing home?

I just really can't think of any motives.

Maybe for the sake of killing, and causing trouble? I'm sure it isn't hard to attack a nursing home.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
This is sad, but saying that we aren't safe anymore is just silly. Safety is an illusion. Just don't dwell on everything that can go wrong, and live your life.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
That's messed up.
Seniors there are just trying to live as long as they can and here comes this guy who just ends it for them and for no real reason. Just sad and upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back