• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

8.36 GB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Is there any logical reason for why japanese fans can have the english audio, but we can't have the japanese one?

OneDandelion

Awards
Is there any logical reason for why japanese fans can have the english audio, but we can't have the japanese one?
It's probably an issue with Disney wanting to control the voiceovers for its characters. Nomura cited that KH3 was only supporting two languages to begin with because of time and money issues so I think Disney does not want to expose foreign markets to different interpretations of its characters. Japan is a bit of an exception because they have contracts with Disney allowing them to operate with less corporate oversight and the English voice actors are the "original" voices anyway.

Might be wrong but it seems like the kind of thing Disney would do imo.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's probably an issue with Disney wanting to control the voiceovers for its characters. Nomura cited that KH3 was only supporting two languages to begin with because of time and money issues so I think Disney does not want to expose foreign markets to different interpretations of its characters. Japan is a bit of an exception because they have contracts with Disney allowing them to operate with less corporate oversight and the English voice actors are the "original" voices anyway.

Might be wrong but it seems like the kind of thing Disney would do imo.
If that were the case wouldn't Disney want the voices to be those people grew up with and try and get all the voice actors back in the EU region?
Though it's been so long since they dubbed in other languages, that I honestly can't even remember the German Voice Acting of the PS2 era.

I don't think this is disney's doing and more SE not realizing that players outside of Japan would want the Japanese voice over.

OneDandelion

Awards
If that were the case wouldn't Disney want the voices to be those people grew up with and try and get all the voice actors back in the EU region?
Though it's been so long since they dubbed in other languages, that I honestly can't even remember the German Voice Acting of the PS2 era.

I don't think this is disney's doing and more SE not realizing that players outside of Japan would want the Japanese voice over.
its more of a quality control thing than a nostalgia thing. SE has released many other games with japanese voiceovers included in the english edition, I can't fathom that this decision was on their part.

But honestly, SE does strange things sometimes and as much as I hate Disney I won't say they're responsible without a small disclaimer that I might be wrong.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Under 3 days to launch here in Australia and it's finalised how much we'll be downloading from the PSN for the Orchestra edition

kGBOj1C.png

For perspective, before like a minute ago it was one listing (no theme) that had N/A on its file size.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Good to know. I already checked and I should have enough space on my PS4 for this.

Also I like how according to that you have to wait a month to download the preorder of a game because the release date for FF7R hasn't changed on that page lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back