• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 years since last console Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Energy

Just realised last week on new years eve that it has been 7 years since the last Kingdom Hearts game for console was released which was obviously Kingdom Hearts 2, it was realised in 2005 and for the rest of the world in 2006. (so about 6 years if you don't live in Japan which i do.) ;) ;) (-_-)

So looks like Square Enix has been working on the story for that long not full time though and I bet we are gonna see the best Kingdom Hearts so far when its released and it will might have to be at least on 2 discs on Xbox 360? lol

Who agrees?

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
always wanted to go to japan! :)

While I dont necessarily agree, they should work hard at making it a great game! For all we know, it may not be the end of the series, just the chronicles, and the story is certainly being worked hard on.

Also, Re:CoM was the last console KH game released on PS2 in 2007(with KH2:FM) and in North America at the end of 2008-which was partially to throw us a bone til Days and partially because they probably struggled to get it localized paired with KH2:FM(it was a 2-game set-KH2:FM+).

Energy

always wanted to go to japan! :)

While I dont necessarily agree, they should work hard at making it a great game! For all we know, it may not be the end of the series, just the chronicles, and the story is certainly being worked hard on.

Also, Re:CoM was the last console KH game released on PS2 in 2007(with KH2:FM) and in North America at the end of 2008-which was partially to throw us a bone til Days and partially because they probably struggled to get it localized paired with KH2:FM(it was a 2-game set-KH2:FM+).
Edited: Thanks! didn't even know that just i thought it came out a year later after the GBA version was released and wasn't it the GBA version released b4 kh2? read my "Location" underneath my profile display play picture lol :3

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No way, the original CHAIN OF MEMORIES was released in 2004.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Oh, right. i saw that but never really "saw" it.(edit: referring to location)

COM got released on gba in 2004, a year before KH2. And while the FMVs were being worked on at the time it would seem, the remake itself was finished in 2006 by the BBS Osaka team after KH2, and it was bundled with the Final Mix edition of that game. For whatever reason(I was speculating earlier) the localization for North America was halted until 2008, and like the original game, it released just in time to be a christmas present.

Energy

No way, the original CHAIN OF MEMORIES was released in 2004.
It's not a new game it was on the GBA so it's just a ported version with voice acting and cutscenes? i should've said it was the last newest console game not ported.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's not a port. A port is simply taking a game and reprogramming it for compatibility with another system. like xbox-Ps3 or even a DVD video feature to Blu-ray format. This is a full blown remake(built from the ground up with new features), and while not technically the newest title, might as well have been the newest game. But we generally dont see it that way, so you're not entirely wrong with that.

Sorry if you feel like i'm being hard on you. I'm just making a correction.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It still confounds me there wasn't like a Wii KH game. If Square was unable to make a (new) KH for HD consoles then the Wii should've been seen as the next best thing, not the PSP. S-E made a big mistake in not making more console entries to balance out the handheld ones, essentially killing the series in the eyes of gamers who only play console.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So looks like Square Enix has been working on the story for that long not full time though and I bet we are gonna see the best Kingdom Hearts so far when its released and it will might have to be at least on 2 discs on Xbox 360? lol

Who agrees?
Well, I agree and disagree.

I agree with the fact that Nomura has had a certain idea of what the plot for KH III is going to be since the days of Kingdom Hearts II.

I disagree with the Xbox idea. If they were going to have KHIII on the Xbox, then they would have decided to have the ReMix('s) be multiplatform.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It still confounds me there wasn't like a Wii KH game. If Square was unable to make a (new) KH for HD consoles then the Wii should've been seen as the next best thing, not the PSP. S-E made a big mistake in not making more console entries to balance out the handheld ones, essentially killing the series in the eyes of gamers who only play console.

Nomura has once talked about how interesting the Wii was and he wanted to experiment with it, but I think the company was determined to deliver a product that could compete in the west on a HD console.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, I agree and disagree.

I agree with the fact that Nomura has had a certain idea of what the plot for KH III is going to be since the days of Kingdom Hearts II.

I disagree with the Xbox idea. If they were going to have KHIII on the Xbox, then they would have decided to have the ReMix('s) be multiplatform.
The xbox doesnt sell in japan anymore, so there's still a chance to pull a FFXIII and announce an xbox version for the international release.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Nomura may have an idea how he wants KH3 to go (he has stated he has the ending in his head), but I doubt writing is very far along, if even started. He stated in March 2012 the he knew fans were waiting for the conclusion, and that he was looking forward to beginning writing it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura has once talked about how interesting the Wii was and he wanted to experiment with it, but I think the company was determined to deliver a product that could compete in the west on a HD console.

I think it's more Square shifting their business more & more to handhelds. & while they would still do FF13 & a few other big budget stuff on HD consoles, the Wii was sort of a middle-ground void not quite suited for either low-end or high-end productions.

impart

Climb The Sky
Exactaly as KeyofEvil'sBane said
writing has not probably even begun, Nomura has an idea of what he wants, but most likely absolutely no work towards development has been made, and wont be made until Versus XIII is done with.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
writing has not probably even begun, Nomura has an idea of what he wants, but most likely absolutely no work towards development has been made, and wont be made until Versus XIII is done with.

The not working on it until Versus is done was a tidbit of information given a long time ago. I'm not sure if this would still be the case now.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's really been 7yrs. Lets put that in prespective. If you had a kid when KH2 was released, they would be in second grade by know.
*tears* they grow up so fast.......

:p but seriously that is actually the fastest growth period in a child's life. I'll really be depressed when said hypothetical kid is in HS/college and KH3 isnt out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back