• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 year old commits suicide due to bullying.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JD~

Detroit family has suffered an
unthinkable loss after a 7-year-
old boy took his own life. SEVEN,
people. The 7-year-old, whom the Free
Press is not naming, had been
depressed about being bullied by
other kids at school and in his
neighborhood, and about his
parents’ recent separation, the boy’s mother told police,
according to the report. “It’s just a tragedy on so
many levels,” Detroit Police
Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. said
Thursday, calling the situation
“unfathomable.” He said the department is
investigating the child’s death,
but as of Thursday afternoon, it appeared the situation is“exactly as presented” — a
suicide.

Complete news here: 7-year-old's suicide shocks Detroit community | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I can not begin to express how sad I am. Bullying is a huge problem and it NEEDS to stop.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I just find it fishy that a 7 year old would know what suicide is and actually know to take the typical approach.
Not really... 7years, that's 1/2nd grade, when kids can read, write, and much more.
Tragic though, kupo bullying.

~JD~

Bruh, he's 7. How's it odd he'd know what suicide is? Though I do find it odd that even a heavily bullied 7 year old would choose to commit it. That's just too young an age to think there's no other option.

His parents were getting a divorce so he had nobody at home to turn to, and nobody at school either, in fact he was actually bullied at school. I'm not sure what was going through his head, but no child should have to go through that, whether your 7 or 17, NOBODY should be bullied enough to think this is their only option.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yes, of course, what children writer won't write about death?/s (Im not mocking you)

Yah so idk if that's sarcasm or not, but that was clearly an example to illustrate the amount of comprehension and thinking/capacity that a child in 1or2nd grade is capable of. It has nothing to do with Dr Seuss writing about death. Do you remember when you were 7? Were you an incompetent, clueless, space cadet? I wasn't and I don't think you were either, seven years old is plenty old for a human to ponder life/death. It's tragic what happened though.

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
Yah so idk if that's sarcasm or not, but that was clearly an example to illustrate the amount of comprehension and thinking/capacity that a child in 1or2nd grade is capable of. It has nothing to do with Dr Seuss writing about death. Do you remember when you were 7? Were you an incompetent, clueless, space cadet? I wasn't and I don't think you were either, seven years old is plenty old for a human to ponder life/death. It's tragic what happened though.
Actually when i was that young i used to streak around my house, both inside and out, and had to be saved a couple of times by a vigilant sister from pedophiles because of my ignorance.
And i couldn't really comprehend death when i was little. Like when my pet hamster choked to death, from a large seed, i held it in my hands t'ill my mom told me it was dead.

Edit:
Also http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fs

Last edited:

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Actually when i was that young i used to streak around my house, both inside and out, and had to be saved a couple of times by a vigilant sister from pedophiles.
Ok yah but that's not really my point. That would have been you being silly(which kids are) but surely you were capable of being serious at that age. 7 years is old enough unless of some mental ailment/disorder.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Not every 7 year old is sheltered from the world.

a young kid died, thats just sad no matter how they died.

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
Ok yah but that's not really my point. That would have been you being silly(which kids are) but surely you were capable of being serious at that age. 7 years is old enough unless of some mental ailment/disorder.
Nope, not really. If by serious you mean studying then, i guess, yeah but i never applied it t'ill high school.
And i was thought to be autistic for, like, 2yrs. until they said i was "cured".....though that may not relate to this.

Not every 7 year old is sheltered from the world.

a young kid died, thats just sad no matter how they died.
True enough.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I know, there is this documentary that was filmed recently on bullying. And some parents/groups don't think that it's appropriate for their children to watch, which is wrong. How else could you learn but by witnessing and seeing what is real and actual. If thats what really happens, show it since it's foolish to try and distort reality, especially if it has the capability to help others.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Kids aren't as stupid as they were in the past. They know shit, and its a darn shame in this case. Just have to put this on the people that bullied this kid. Fucking hate bullies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sad story, obviously, not enough is done to deter bullying. Parents need to speak more to their children, ask what's going on, even if there isn't unusual behavior that is spotted at home; but I'm not trying to make it seem as though the parents are at direct fault, sometimes, it's really damn hard to catch. Fat chance that the teachers or administration gets involved to some effective degree otherwise.

I know it may not be the same kid, but on the news (I'm on break, so I'm close to the Detroit area) there was this little kid (couldn't be much older than a 3rd grader) that got bullied everyday by middle school kids. They use to take his money, beat him up, etc. One day, he got the idea to bring a knife to school. It just so happened that one of the bullies checked him for money, but instead found the pocket knife. The bully turned the knife in and the little boy got expelled from school for like 150 days. What the boy did was wrong, but completely reasonable given that he felt everyone was out to get him or lacked the courage to tell someone because of negative reinforcement, so he had to fend for himself. Telling the teachers or administration may seem logical, but not when the bully finds out after having a talking to, he beats the snot out of you for tattling. Honestly, bullies should probably be sent to juvy depending on the severity.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
I know how he felt. I had the exact same thing going except I had ONE friend that kept me somewhat oblivious and afloat from everything in my life, tiny little factors count.
This is so sad and I really wish this could have gone a different way, if only there had of been some one there for him that he could turn to even an older cousin, but we don't know all the details. I just wonder how a seven year old really knew what he was doing with suicide, I certainly didn't know about things like that when I was little.

Hopefully we can all agree that we never want anything liek this happening again. My blessings to his loved ones. :(

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I just find it fishy that a 7 year old would know what suicide is and actually know to take the typical approach.

This was my first thought, not fishy but suprising. Maybe I was sheltered but I'm pretty sure I had no idea what suicide was at 7. Like holy shit, poor kid. He must have been pushed way over the edge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back