• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Guardians of Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaKey

Hi guys! Who is, according to you, the strongest guardian of light? This is my chart:
1) mickey : he is an incredibly skilled keyblade master, very agile and strong in melee fights and skilled as well in magic (stopza, faith, holy)
2) Aqua : she was the strongest between terra and ventus, 10 years in the Realm of Darkness sure Made her stronger. Op magic abilities, second only too MX. I put her Behind Mickey because we don't really know her actually skills and, However, she is less skilled in melee fights.
3) Riku : can control Darkness inside of him, balanced in both magic and melee.
4) Sora : very strong heart. Agile Style and balanced in melee and magic ad well. Even without Donald and Goofy ( that allow him limits and drives ) he is pretty impressive
5) Ventus : he was stronger than Sora but then he stopped fightin for like 10 years. I guess he will need toget confidence again with the body. Balanced but Quicker than Sora.
6) Lea :he will probably be one of theme. Fire power. All we know for Now.
7) Kairi : she will probably be one of theme. We don't know nothing about her skills but i see her as a mage.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: 7 guardians of light

That's sort of difficult to answer since the GoL aren't final. The ones you mentioned are more the immediate assumption. Besides, their skills are so varied and adept per person, it really makes it hard to gauge strength. Kairi's on the bottom by default, but even the, she's a PoH which is sure to give her an edge.

Ssooo...neutral I guess. :p

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik

Hi guys! Who is, according to you, the strongest guardian of light? This is my chart:
1) mickey : he is an incredibly skilled keyblade master, very agile and strong in melee fights and skilled as well in magic (stopza, faith, holy)
2) Aqua : she was the strongest between terra and ventus, 10 years in the Realm of Darkness sure Made her stronger. Op magic abilities, second only too MX. I put her Behind Mickey because we don't really know her actually skills and, However, she is less skilled in melee fights.
3) Riku : can control Darkness inside of him, balanced in both magic and melee.
4) Sora : very strong heart. Agile Style and balanced in melee and magic ad well. Even without Donald and Goofy ( that allow him limits and drives ) he is pretty impressive
5) Ventus : he was stronger than Sora but then he stopped fightin for like 10 years. I guess he will need toget confidence again with the body. Balanced but Quicker than Sora.
6) Lea :he will probably be one of theme. Fire power. All we know for Now.
7) Kairi : she will probably be one of theme. We don't know nothing about her skills but i see her as a mage.

For the most part I agree. Though I'd place Sora above Riku. I think they are both equal in strength and magic, and Sora is just faster. I'm also skeptical that Ventus was ever stronger than Sora is at the end of KH II or KH 3D. I'm open to debate on this point though.

EmaKey

To me Ventus was stronger than Sora until the second half of KH2. Even without Donald and Goofy, Sora simply outclass Ventus right Now to me.

EmaKey

Ηowever, i think that Nomura will twist things up about Lea and Kairi. Aqua will be there for sure and she will be ( Fortunally , i love her ) the first one to be saved since she is the only one that can solve the Castle Oblivion's enigma to free Ventus. Moreover, we all know that Sora initially could wield the keyblade only cause of Ventus but, since he has a strong and balanced heart, he probably can wield it on its on. without Ventus i have the feeling that he will lose skills in duels. Dunno tho.

Ruran

Awards

Sora would probably just lose dual wielding at most. Sora earned the Keyblade on his own, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to

We know Sora, Riku, Aqua, Ventus and Mickey will be a gaudian. But the rest is still a mystery. Lea has good potential. But no one knows what he wants to do with his keyblade. Hopefully for good! I don't think Roxas has much a chance. I know people like him, but he looks just like Ven! I could live with the same voice. Lol! If he ever became a real person, Nomura should concider giving him his own identity. Kairi shouldn't be a GoL. She's too vulnerable. Being a PoH like she is is too dangerous. I know Mickey mentioned Terra, but I don't see how that be possible. I think he's going to introduce some new characters in the third for the rest. You can never have too many characters! I think there's enough blue eyed people though. As for strength;. I could tell Aqua and Terra were more ready to be a keyblade master than Ven. They seemed stronger. But I love his speed! And, I personally like Riku's battle style better than Sora's. He landed more critical hits like Terra, only much faster. And I think he's always had great agility. Even though he's older than Sora. And he's learned to use darkness for good. Which makes him very unique! Sora hasn't had the chance to concur the darkness in him yet. (Worried face). Maybe he won't have any trouble with it.

EmaKey

Well actually Ventus is the weakest of the trio basically because he did never complete his training cause he left the land of departure while aqua and terra finished the training and were ready to be come masters ( even if terra can't control darkness ). I think new characters will be introduced as well and Kairi and Lea will just be partners or back ups just like Donald and Goofy. But Who? No idea really. Then onother thing. In the first kh 3 trailer we can see Sora picking up the Tutor of The Master ( Eraqus Keyblade that Aqua is using in the realm of darkness)... Does this mean that she is out already?

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards

We know Sora, Riku, Aqua, Ventus and Mickey will be a gaudian. But the rest is still a mystery. Lea has good potential. But no one knows what he wants to do with his keyblade. Hopefully for good!

He wants a Keyblade so that he can help his friends. I'm pretty sure he's done with being evil(ish) by now.

I don't think Roxas has much a chance. I know people like him, but he looks just like Ven! I could live with the same voice. Lol! If he ever became a real person, Nomura should concider giving him his own identity.

I think Roxas has slightly less chance as well, though mostly because it's questionable how far his heart has developed and because he doesn't have a Keyblade of his own. I don't think Roxas looking like Ven is a problem though. Imagine all the twin shenanigans that could ensue!

Kairi shouldn't be a GoL. She's too vulnerable. Being a PoH like she is is too dangerous.

I would have rather Kairi not even be a Keyblade Wielder, but being a PoH, it's sort of a damn if you, damn if you don't situation. She's a target one way or another, might as well have her try and defend herself.

I know Mickey mentioned Terra, but I don't see how that be possible.

Whatever state he's in, I'm sure Terra's salvageable. They would just have to save him before the final showdown for him to be a potential GoL.

I think he's going to introduce some new characters in the third for the rest. You can never have too many characters!

I beg too differ! D:

I think that there are too many characters as there is and hope we don't get any extensive term important characters. They're having trouble juggling all the main protagonists and villains already, there being over two dozen now.

I think there's enough blue eyed people though. As for strength;. I could tell Aqua and Terra were more ready to be a keyblade master than Ven. They seemed stronger. But I love his speed! And, I personally like Riku's battle style better than Sora's. He landed more critical hits like Terra, only much faster. And I think he's always had great agility. Even though he's older than Sora. And he's learned to use darkness for good. Which makes him very unique! Sora hasn't had the chance to concur the darkness in him yet. (Worried face). Maybe he won't have any trouble with it.

*looks at 3D*

Hhmmm...

Well actually Ventus is the weakest of the trio basically because he did never complete his training cause he left the land of departure while aqua and terra finished the training and were ready to be come masters ( even if terra can't control darkness ). I think new characters will be introduced as well and Kairi and Lea will just be partners or back ups just like Donald and Goofy. But Who? No idea really. Then onother thing. In the first kh 3 trailer we can see Sora picking up the Tutor of The Master ( Eraqus Keyblade that Aqua is using in the realm of darkness)... Does this mean that she is out already?

I wouldn't take it too literally. Early trailers tend to be conceptual and symbolic and I recall Nomura mentioning something along the lines of Sora picking up that Keyblade as being a "reminder" of what has to be done (something like that). Plus, I think Aqua somehow being out already would douse the urgency of the situation.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
No. There's no way Aqua's already back. Maybe Aqua dropped the keyblade in the water and it ended up on Destiny Isle like what Kairi Did with her bottle and how it found it's way to Sora even in the realm of darkness. Not the best idea... I doubt the keyblade can even float! But yeah... She's still on the beach with Diz. I still call him Diz, because it's easier than his real name.

Yeah. I don't think Lea's going to do anything that bad.

I was saying maybe Sora has nothing to worry about with his darkness because I was trying to be optimistic. I know he was introduced to it in DDD unfortunately. But, let's not assume the worst! He could learn a thing or two from Riku. Of course, it took Riku over 2 years to finally learn how to control it completely. He's now finally free of it from what we've seen in DDD. I wonder how it'll affect Sora. He sure got tricked a lot in DDD. Since when has Sora listened to his enemies? He usually just retorts back to them. He took in every word the organization threw at him in DDD. Can't say that's the Sora I know. I guess he has a little bit of Terra's problem. He gets tricked easily.

I wonder if Terra's going to be a GoL, or be freed after the final battle?
I'm glad YenSid's going teach Kairi how to use her keyblade. It will definately be useful for her to defend herself some.

I can't think of any characters that already exist that has the potential. I wonder if they spoiled it at the end of the opening of 3D when it shows Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus and Roxas, Donald and Goofy. Of course we know Donald and Goofy won't be one. But I have always wondered why Roxas was there.

EmaKey

No. There's no way Aqua's already back. Maybe Aqua dropped the keyblade in the water and it ended up on Destiny Isle like what Kairi Did with her bottle and how it found it's way to Sora even in the realm of darkness. Not the best idea... I doubt the keyblade can even float! But yeah... She's still on the beach with Diz. I still call him Diz, because it's easier than his real name.

Yeah. I don't think Lea's going to do anything that bad.

I was saying maybe Sora has nothing to worry about with his darkness because I was trying to be optimistic. I know he was introduced to it in DDD unfortunately. But, let's not assume the worst! He could learn a thing or two from Riku. Of course, it took Riku over 2 years to finally learn how to control it completely. He's now finally free of it from what we've seen in DDD. I wonder how it'll affect Sora. He sure got tricked a lot in DDD. Since when has Sora listened to his enemies? He usually just retorts back to them. He took in every word the organization threw at him in DDD. Can't say that's the Sora I know. I guess he has a little bit of Terra's problem. He gets tricked easily.

I wonder if Terra's going to be a GoL, or be freed after the final battle?
I'm glad YenSid's going teach Kairi how to use her keyblade. It will definately be useful for her to defend herself some.

I can't think of any characters that already exist that has the potential. I wonder if they spoiled it at the end of the opening of 3D when it shows Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus and Roxas, Donald and Goofy. Of course we know Donald and Goofy won't be one. But I have always wondered why Roxas was there.

About Roxas i think that Nomura will twist things up when Ventus's heart is freed. Dunno what to expect honestly. He said that we will remain surprises about the GoL identies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
so you guys finally accept kairi is the 7th guardian many says we don't know yet they gave us hints already that she's the 7th guardian
(the hints)

1) she have a keyblade witch is obvious she's gone fight with them and the secret ending events show that shes gone be one of the guardian's

2) when the secret ending starts it says (the darkness awakens) then we see young xehanort looking in the sea then it says (the light in the darkness) and we see aqua smiling looking in the sea then it says (it leads to the last key) witch is the 7th wielder

3) lol the name of the secret ending in the theater is called (another Guardian of light) isn't this obvious that's kairi the 7th wielder

and i can see kairi fighting using aqua pose:)

Last edited:

Master_Aqua

Kari seems like a great candidate but I think others just disagree saying she won't be that experienced which will hurt the team and she needs a lot of training (but who knows, Yen Sid did train Mickey so we'll see ;). I suppose I lean towards the side that she Is the last number for the guardians. Though I doubt she'll have Aqua's stance, Sora doesn't have Ventus' nor does Riku have Terra's.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

I don't think Roxas has much a chance. I know people like him, but he looks just like Ven!

You say that when the new Organization 13 already has like, what, four different versions of Xehanort? lol

I personally hope that Kairi IS one. The end of 3D really directly implied that... But hopefully not the one that gets kidnapped for the entirety of the game. -_-

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No. There's no way Aqua's already back. Maybe Aqua dropped the keyblade in the water and it ended up on Destiny Isle like what Kairi Did with her bottle and how it found it's way to Sora even in the realm of darkness.

The Master Keeper is her only form of protection against any Heartless. Being in the Realm of Darkness, it is pretty damn important to hold on to her only weapon. She wouldn't toss it into the water, and it certainly wouldn't leave her side.

I doubt the keyblade can even float!

If a Keyblade can fly, it can float.

I still call him Diz, because it's easier than his real name.

AtW is harder than DiZ?

I was saying maybe Sora has nothing to worry about with his darkness because I was trying to be optimistic. I know he was introduced to it in DDD unfortunately. But, let's not assume the worst!

It is better to assume the worse, honestly. Even though the whole thing with Sora's darkness trapping him in his own heart came to a head in KH3D, the whole theme about his inner darkness has existed since KH1. If Sora is going to continue his own personal growth, it might be a good idea to have this idea about his inner darkness come full circle in KH3.

He could learn a thing or two from Riku. Of course, it took Riku over 2 years to finally learn how to control it completely. He's now finally free of it from what we've seen in DDD.

And there are more differences between the two when it comes to their inner darkness. Riku's was a much more personal conflict, born of his guilt in hurting his friends, being possessed, and destroying his home. Riku struggled but eventually mastered his darkness. For Sora, he hasn't had to deal with any of those issues. In KH1 his darkness was weak when he became a Heartless but the whole idea that a strong light casts a strong darkness was there.

In CoM, his inner darkness comes out in a less obvious way. As Namine meddled with his memories, he was becoming more angry and vengeful but didn't stay that way for long after he made up with Donald & Goofy and found out that his memories were being tampered with.

In KH2, he deals with darker emotions but never for long periods of time.

I wonder how it'll affect Sora. He sure got tricked a lot in DDD. Since when has Sora listened to his enemies?

It was because he thought what he was seeing was a dream up until Young Xehanort & Xemnas told him he's dumb. Also Sora usually doesn't listen but near the end of KH2 he definitely started listening to what they were saying. It was kind of out of character from KH2!Sora's reactions...but I think it was a sign of his growth that he was willing to listen to both his allies and enemies rather than striking first and asking questions later.

and i can see kairi fighting using aqua pose:)

Or she'll have her own pose to be her own person.

But hopefully not the one that gets kidnapped for the entirety of the game. -_-

She's definitely not going to be the damsel in distress in KH3. There are too many other damsels to save like Roxas and Xion lol

SoraForeverKH

The seven guardians of Light, huh...that is a very hard topic to answer. But I definitely can't say I haven't given it a lot of thought or anything, I just can't really make up my mind for sure, and I don't really like to discuss my theories that I still feel unsure about myself. Though one of my thoughts are on the DDD opening. It would be both hilarious and a little disappointing if it was already revealed to us in a previous game who the guardians will be, taking the whole surprise of not knowing out of it completely. But knowing how the director of the game is about things, I don't think he'd spoil it for us in that way, he'll want to make it HUGE!

My thoughts on Kairi wielding a Keyblade is clearly just for self defense. An evil organization of XIII will undoubtedly be out to get her, so being able to fend for herself instead of being rendered helpless sounds very ideal to me. Not seeing her being counted as a guardian at the end.
Lea, he is one I am not sure about... But now that he has obtained a Keyblade he should probably be considered as candidate for the role. Sweetness!
I have strong feelings about Terra being included as one, after he has somehow been rescued. ????
Ventus YES, Roxas...unsure. But knowing Sora he will focus on Roxas, too.
I think Mickey, Sora, Riku and Aqua are obvious characters that should highly be considered making it as a GoL.
(Sora and Riku are both outstanding Keyblade fighters! I don't need to depict who is better when I go by saying that either. Though...remember, Riku actually admitted once while in the Dark Margin with Sora in KHII that he thinks Sora might possibly be stronger in battle than he himself is. That may be something to go by.) ;)

Now this is also a possibility... The way Nomura has stated in interviews about KH III being full of surprises and unexpected turns, much like the GoL details, I am inclined to believe there WILL be new characters WITH Keyblades introduced in the game.
I don't know if I agree that this would be a wise choice for the series or not however...it worries me a little, honestly. This will mean Nomura has made it impossible for us fans to even come close to predicting what will happen, which will ultimately make the game that much harder for even the most knowledgeable KH fans to follow. Throwing in some new characters with their own back stories, friends and goals...how in THE world will players be able to adapt to all that in such a short amount of time?
And I agree with what some of you said, the series really has ENOUGH main characters who revolve around the whole story already! I mean take these characters for example, Mickey, Riku, Aqua...and don't even get me started with the mysterious past of Xehanort! Haha. Anyway, these characters are greatly involved with the main story, but as for what they have really been through between the main titles, the unseen games, like where they have gone, what they experienced, gained and probably suffered...none of that has been revealed! And I think I speak for every one of us when I say we'd like to see and know more about them, our favorite characters. Lots more of the characters have much lack on their life story than I named for example, but my point is there are already characters who could really use a bit more detailing. I can't see how introducing more characters is going to help with that... Who wouldn't like to see what happened while Mickey went on a quest to find the opposite Key of the Kingdom Key Realm of Light (which Sora currently wields) or how he got the first one?
What happened to Aqua while she has been trapped in the Realm of Darkness for over a decade?—Though this would be revealed in a game featuring the part shown in zero points, Volume Two.
And let's not forget Riku trapped in the RoD with Mickey after the first KH, though not saying they even crossed paths whilst they were both there or anything, that's not really confirmed...
I think those stories alone would be awesome to learn more about...but then, I don't know if side games like that would really be worth making any time soon if it delays KH III's release sad to say. (No further distractions please, we fans can wait a bit longer for the other games. Just bring us KH III!)

I'm Not implying that I am against new characters, Square Enix is great at creating admirable characters, I just don't want them to take up room for the characters we are longing to see again, and get shown when we would prefer that time seeing our admired heroes, since a game can only hold so much memory in its limited capacity. (I'm hoping there are more theatrical scenes in KH III than any of the games so far.)
Like this, after Nomura revealing this in a recent interview I now know that the third game will start off with the two sketched men from the newest trailer sneak peek. Sorry, but I'm more anxious to see Sora and find out what happened to him, and where he ended up after journeying back to the Dream Worlds at the end of DDD. That is how I feel now and will more than likely by eagerly waiting to see in the actual game. But I suppose I can be patient for two and a half minutes...but no more! (Question) If Nomura really wanted to surprise us by starting the game off with a new twist then why did he reveal it in the trailer? Wouldn't it have been more surprising for the fans if they didn't know, instead of now knowing what they should expect when they put the game in? I don't get that...

Here is what I think... New Keyblade warriors making an appearance in the final battle is essential to the game. I'm going by what Ven-itas with the imperfect X-blade said in BBS... "This X-blade will open a door—one that leads to all Worlds! Then, Keyblade bearing warriors will flock here, from each and every one of them, to battle for the Light within KINGDOM HEARTS! And just like the legend says, the Keyblade War will begin."
See? It is revealed right there that the war will bring together existing Keyblade warriors from all over to partake in this fatal battle. Unless Sora, Riku, Kairi, Lea ext. are all that remains, we will probably see more Keyblade bearing characters. That's what I think anyway...
So when all is considered, Nomura very well could just surprise us with who the guardians will be, and that will be accomplished by bringing in additional Keyblade wielders. So there is no telling...

The discussion as for why Sora finds the Master's Keeper Key on the islands in the E3 trailer and what might happen after its picked up would make a good topic for a thread for its own. If that gets started in this thread it will be taken away from what this particular post is based on, leading to some confusion.
But it would be a very interesting topic to discuss on here, that's for sure! Haha.
I...can't say anything about Sora and his Darkness...too disturbing for me.

One part about the 7 guardians of Light thing tat I just don't get is how seven Keyblade wielders can make up for the seven princesses of pure Light... Maybe in have a misconception on it, but the way MX explained it in TWTNW in DDD I thought he made it sound like he gets his X-blade forged both ways. He plans to clash his thirteen Darknesses with the princesses' hearts of light, thus creating the X-blade with the twenty fragments needed from the two elements. But then he says in order to protect the seven princesses' lives the defenders of Light will need to gather seven Keyblade warriors to serve as the seven Light's guardians, and as it sounds the battle/clash between the gaurdians and Dark seekers will also result in the materialization of the ancient X-blade... But how is that supposed to work? These heroes who are counted as the seven will not have hearts of pure Light, not enough power to match the princesses. So if they step in to save the princesses and basically from what I get 'take their place,' how will this still cause the recreation of the KEY?
Even the way Yen Sid puts it he makes it sound like they need to find seven warriors strong enough to fill in for the spot of the helpless princesses. Mickey also says, "so there's going to be a clash between seven lights and thirteen darkness, and there's nothing we can do to prevent that from happening?" Or something close to that, my memory might be a bit weak.
Anyway, this part he's talking about makes sense to me, but the fact that the princesses have hearts untouched by Darkness and the heroes they choose for the seven guardians won't... ??? "I don't understand..."
Am I missing something crucial about this? "I feel so lost..." I love Data Sora's new lines in Re:coded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back