• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Favorite Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
A few weeks ago, a hashtag rolled around social media, encouraging people to list their seven favorite games of all time. I figured I'd bring that here. So, what are your seven favorite games of all time, in order?

1. Kingdom Hearts II: My personal favorite game in the series, KH2 is was really ignited my love for Kingdom Hearts as a whole. It redefined how combat would work for the rest of the series, and I have never spent so much time with any other game. The game isn't perfect, and nostalgia certainly plays a hand in my affinity for the game, but it nonetheless is still my favorite.

2. The Last of Us: Truly a masterpiece, The Last of Us might be the most well made game I have ever played. The attention to detail and the writing are absolutely spectacular, and for weeks it was a game I could not stay away from.

3. Uncharted 4: Putting the games into a concrete order at this point was no easy task. I spent the first week of my summer locked in my room, lights off, completely absorbed in the world of Uncharted 4. It was a game that repeatedly took my breath away. I truly appreciate how balanced the number of combat scenarios were with the rest of the game, and how mechanically improved this game was compared to all of Naughty Dog's previous titles.

4. Journey: I had heard quite a lot about Journey before the first time I played it, but after sitting around one night, desperate for something new to play, I decided to pick up both Journey and Hotline Miami on a whim. I was completely wowed from beginning to end, and it is a game that I take time to revisit once a year. No game truly understands nonverbal storytelling and atmospheric storytelling the way that this one did.

5. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: Regardless of anyone's opinion on Call of Duty and what the franchise is, there's an element of grit and mechanical perfection found in few other games. CoD 4 truly has one of the greatest first person shooter campaigns in genre history, and it revolutionized multiplayer gaming as we know it today. It's impact on the genre of FPS cannot be understated.

6. Ratchet and Clank: I had played games almost as soon as I could walk, but Ratchet and Clank is one of the titles really kickstarted my current love for video games. It showed off a world full of color and friendliness, and while I wasn't able to beat it until later, it was the first in a franchise that I've stuck with for years.

7. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: My second favorite game in my second favorite series, DDD added onto the series' gameplay in a way that hadn't been done since KH2 with Flowmotion. When it comes down to it, DDD is just plain fun, and I couldn't be happier to be getting my hands on a remastered version of it this December.

So, those are my favorite games of all time as it currently stands. It was harder to make than I thought, and I had to leave so many fantastic games out. These aren't necessarily all of the best games I have ever played, but they're my favorites nonetheless. Thoughts on my list? What's yours?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I get why KHII is your favorite game completely. It's a lot of fun to play. Didn't really play much of the rest on your list but I liked 3D too and Ratched and Clank is a classic.

My list...
Uuuugggh that's impossible, bruh >: Okay then, I'll try.

1. Final Fantasy X
This is surprising even to myself, but I gotta be honest. I own four copies of this game (and the second I get a better computer, I'll get the steam version as well), I played through it like a million times and love it every time, it's one of the few games where I don't exactly "hate" any of the playable characters (Wakka's a bitch for half of the game but he's supposed to be and he has his reasons, so that's okay), the soundtrack is great, the ending makes me cry like a fucking baby every single time...
No matter how often I play through it and go for a 100% run, I'm guaranteed to do it again a year or two later no matter how long it takes. I've probably played this game for a lot more than 1000 hours. Honestly.

2. Kingdom Hearts II
Even though in a "favorite KH game" list I'd always pick the first installment for the first place, KH II is still the title I've played the most of them all and probably will play the most of them all forever (unless a title yet to come will be even better).
It's a shitload of fun, even grinding for the best weapons and armors and stats is fun...I can't seem to get enough of this game either, even though storywise it's not my favorite.

3. Secret of Mana
There's no way I could NOT name this. It's probably the first game I've ever played in my life and it's stuck in my head as a childhood memory. The world, the characters, gameplay, music, I love it all. The only thing I really can't stand is the stupid as fuck AI, but damn, I don't care much. If I ever got to see some sort of remake for this game, even if it is fanmade, daaamn I'd absolutely cry my eyes out. Just imagining the magic system in better graphics, oooh my god.

4. Spyro 2 - Gateway to Glimmer (or "Ripto's Rage!")
My favorite Spyro installment of all time, this had it all. Worlds I loved, great music, adorable characters...the only thing I miss is the difficulty of Spyro the Dragon, because all the levels here were kinda easy to complete, even 100% (except for this fucking ice hockey mini game in one of the first worlds oh my fucking god I hate it).

5. Jade Cocoon
One of my first games, this is the second title I'd call a "childhood memory" on this list. Sure, I did play Spyro as a kid, but this is special. It was kinda like "the cooler Pokémon game" to me and had some dark elements with the netherworld and such. It was just great. Sadly, there wasn't really much to it in terms of exploration or minigames, so I can't really give it a higher spot, but it's definitely a game I love to play.

6. Crash Team Racing
I had a hard time choosing between this and Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped!, but I chose this for a number of reasons. Yes, it is indeed only a simple racing game (and it's actually really PRETTY simple in structure), but ooohhhhhhhhh have I spent DAYS on this game. Getting all platinum relics is an absolute must, I also raced my own ghosts a lot to get better times, and when you got friends around, the versus mode is hella fun as well. I love this game.

7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I bet no one expected this one, lol. I'm talking about both the PC and the PS2 versions here. They differ a lot, and I love both of them a lot. Completing inventories and getting all the charms is so much fun in these games, I played them so much it's insane.

I've probably missed a game or two I might've liked more than one or two on the list here but all-in-all, I'm pretty happy with this list. I own too many games to really say which seven ones are my favorites and of course I've only rated them by the amount of time I played them and all right here. Regarding the story or characters for example, there's probably games I'd like more than Crash Team Racing, lul. xD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1. Kingdom Hearts (1) ~ Probably the first game I played through entirely and then re-played as much as possible to learn all its secrets. I still love this game so much even if the franchise that followed makes me bitter sometimes.
2. Final Fantasy IX ~ Easily my favorite of the FFs, but not the first one I played. Romance, comedy, etc. all wrapped in one.
3. Final Fantasy X ~ The first FF I played. I actually played this game before KH1, but I never got past the beginning with Tidus abandoned and then with Rikku. I came back to it after KH1 and got it all the way up to the battle with Jecht and couldn't beat him. I came back much, much later and did more of the game than I ever had before, including seeing the final bosses/ending on my TV screen instead of an online video. lol
4. Jak II ~ The apex of the Jak franchise. II pretty much stands alone at the top of that franchise. I can't believe they had so much potential and then we got...Jak 3. There are good aspects to that game and I enjoy it for the comedy mostly, but it's nowhere near II's story/characters/world, imo.
5. Psychonauts ~ I grew up playing it and it's fun because it was so weird....in the best ways possible. The worldbuilding was amazing and the background characters made me laugh pretty much nonstop. But the game also had a high degree of creepiness, partly just because of the design. Sometimes I still get the jitters going through the asylum at the end and then the Meat Circus, my God...! Milla's orphanage nightmares/baggage is probably the scariest moment early on, mostly because of the mood whiplash when you accidentally end up there.
6. Harry Potter LEGO: Years 5-7 ~ The LEGO games are really inventive, fun to explore/100%, and most of all hilarious. And they're easily the best HP games available, imo (most of the HP games are really bad). I'll admit, I wish they took more cues from the books and less from the movies, but a lot of the individual character details made me happy. I've picked up other LEGO games which are fun, too (LOTR and PotC), but the HP ones are the best. I love how much they get across without any dialogue.
7. Crash Team Racing ~ I really haven't found any other racing game I enjoy(ed) this much. On one hand I wish they'd re-make it to update the graphics, but I have a feeling they would tweak things that would ruin the enjoyment going by the other Crash racing game I've played (and haven't enjoyed nearly as much).
(8. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
9. Final Fantasy XII
10. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
11. Final Fantasy X-2
12. Harry Potter LEGO: Years 1-4)

I had an even longer list, but just had to shove in those last few since I love all of those, too.And I should give a mention to Mrs. Pac Man on Sega. Played that game over and over and over and over when I was young.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kingdom hearts com (jp)
Kingdom hearts com (eng)
Kingdom hearts recom (jp)
Kingdom hearts recom (eng)
Kingdom hearts 1.5 jp (for com)
Kingdom hearts 1.5 eng (for com)
That Kingdom hearts card game that only released one pack

Jk

1. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
2. Skyrim
3. Batman Arkham City
4. GTA V
5. Bioshock Infinite
6. Sainta Row The Third
7. Kingdom Hearts II.5 ReMix

This was a difficult list for me, so i chose games that made an impact on me. KH2 was probably one of the most emotionally impactful however it hasn't held up the best; thankfully the greatly improved final mix edition was translated and re-released in the 2.5 remix for playstation 3 and reminded me why i loved it so much.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom hearts com (jp)
Kingdom hearts com (eng)
Kingdom hearts recom (jp)
Kingdom hearts recom (eng)
Kingdom hearts 1.5 jp (for com)
Kingdom hearts 1.5 eng (for com)
That Kingdom hearts card game that only released one pack

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Lol Divine. xD Let me see: 1.) Kingdom Hearts II.5 2.) FNaF 4 3.) Fallout 4!!!! 4.) Alien Isolation 5.) Minecraft 6.) Legend of Zelda TP 7.) Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
My favorite games might be these:

1) Okami
2) Spyro: A Hero's Tale
3) Mario 64
4) Pokemon Snap
5) Kingdom Hearts BBS
6) Pokemon Diamond
7) Spryo the Dragon.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well this isn't an easy list. I'll just have to list them right now.

1. Kingdom Hearts 2
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Pokemon Soul Silver
4. The Last of Us
5. The Legend of Dragoon
6. Super Mario RPG
7. Suikoden 3

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Lol Divine. xD Let me see: 1.) Kingdom Hearts II.5 2.) FNaF 4 3.) Fallout 4!!!! 4.) Alien Isolation 5.) Minecraft 6.) Legend of Zelda TP 7.) Call of Duty Black Ops 3

I am glad that they added more content to Kingdom Hearts 2.5, although I really dislike the Atlantica musicals level. I never played Minecraft nor any of the other games. What do you like about them?

I liked Okami, because I get to use the paint brush and get to see it's effects on the environment. Spryo: A Hero's Tale was pretty cool since I got to play between different players. Mario 64 was probably one of the first ever games that I ever played. Pokemon Snap, because I get to take pictures of Pokemon and using the Pokeflute on Snorlax is just priceless!

Pokemon Diamond, because it was my re-introduction back into the Pokemon franchise. Kingdom Hearts BBS, I liked because I get to follow all three protagonists on their journeys and it gets me amped for Kingdom Hearts 3. And, Spyro the Dragon, well, it had some crude humor and it is really satisfying to beat Gnasty Gnorc and getting into those tights spaces, especially with all those speed ramps in Tree Tops.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm probably gonna get some disagreements on this lol.

1. Final Fantasy X

2. KH1

3. Tomb Raider (2013)

4. Life is Strange

5. Final Fantasy IV

6. Gravity Rush

7. Skyrim (I haven't played much of it, but the moments I've played it were fun af.)

I started gaming on 2012 (technically played my first video game in 2008), so my list is pretty weak, but I loved these games.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
..... This list is going to be so inaccurate, it could probably change on a day-by-day basis for me.

Nope. After sitting here for 10 minutes I decided I can't do this.

Kounelli

Awards
7. Freddie Fish 2
6. Spyro the Dragon
5. Crash Bandicoot 3
4. Riven
3. KH II
2. Journey
1. Tomb Raider 4

Apart from journey, these games pretty much just defined my childhood and have stuck with me. They are the kind of games that I look back at and just think "my childhood may not have been great, but these were great escapes".

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm cheating and just doing a top 7 games/series~

*Ace Attorney
*Danganronpa
*Kingdom Hearts
*The Last of Us
*Steins;Gate
*The Walking Dead
*Zero Escape

8D

The order is alphabetical (more cheating).

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm cheating and just doing a top 7 games/series~

*Ace Attorney
*Danganronpa
*Kingdom Hearts
*The Last of Us
*Steins;Gate
*The Walking Dead
*Zero Escape

8D

The order is alphabetical (more cheating).

I could make a list like that.

fei93

Website
www.youtube.com
Mine :

1. Kingdom Hearts Series.
The most favorite is Kingdom Hearts II. I like the development of this game and KH II brings myself to know other series of Kingdom Hearts, and make me want to play the other series of KH.

2. Final Fantasy X.
This final fantasy series is my most favorite final fantasy series. Although it's CTB and sometimes it's kinda boring, but I have good times with this series (along with X-2 one), especially fight against dark aeons and penance.

3. Fatal Frame series.
Although I haven't played the 4th and 5th (newest series in WII U), I have good times with the 3 series in PS2. The stories are not too complicated, probably fatal frame is the best horror game for me.

4. Yu Yu Hakusho.
Aside this anime is my favorite all the time, I also enjoy play this game. Sometimes, it's kinda boring, but it's still worth playing, especially in GBA platform and PS2 platform.

5. Pump It Up.
I'm rhythm game maniac, so pump it up is one of the best dance rhythm game that I have ever played. This game also helps me to do sport (since sometimes I'm too lazy to do sport) and knows about korean music.

6. DJ Max (technika, portable, trilogy)
Another rhythm game, I also like DJ max series, especially the music. The best one is probably DJ Max Technika series. I used to play it sometimes at game center when I was college student.

7. Crash Team Racing
Probably this is the most fave racing game that I have ever played. I have good times with this game, I wish someday they would release it for PS4 platform, lol.

Scorseselover

7. Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage
6. Banjo Kazooie
5. Kingdom Hearts III
4. South Park The Stick Of Truth
3. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
2. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
1. Final Fantasy IX

kaseykockroach

Awards
I do wish I had the emotional/mental energy to further elaborate as to why all of these forever remain my favorites, but alas, I haven't the articulation power. And for the record, this isn't ranked. I don't really have one ultimate favorite above all others.

-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: The apex of all RPG's as far as I'm concerned.

-Ratchet & Clank: The original game, the one that gets everything right. Level design perfectly blending platforming with shoot-em-up antics (later entries gradually abandoned the former element in favor of purely the latter), the story just being about the duo (rather than shoving in any supporting characters or a love interest for Ratchet), Qwark being a villain as he should be (they lost me once they tried to have him redeem himself), etc. Rest assured, I do love the other games in the PS2 quadrilogy (especially Deadlocked!), but they never topped the original, as far as I'm concerned.

-Sonic the Hedgehog 2: The perfect Sonic game for me, but more than anything, forever resonates with me because of its poignant ending.

-Banjo Tooie: Combines 3D platforming with a Metroidvania in ways I'm shocked hasn't been done much since, and its thoroughly detailed, insanely well thought out world-building is mind-blowing by any standards, let alone what the N64 was capable of! Helps that it's funny as hell too. The original's a classic too, of course, but held back by numerous frustrating aspects (losing any notes you collect when you die or leave a level makes the game more stressful than it needed, the swimming controls in Clanker's Cavern are just aggravating). Tooie does away with those problems, while also doing well to get rid of the limited lives system.

-Rayman Legends: The perfect 2D platformer (though it indeed competes with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for that title). It's pretty dang tough for me to decide between this and 2: The Great Escape as my favorite game in my overall favorite platformer series, as they're so tonally on opposite ends. You ask me for my favorite Rayman game today, I'll say Legends. You ask me tomorrow, I'll say The Great Escape. Sheesh.

-Kingdom Hearts III: Truth be told, I'm only declaring such for the sake of this forum's thread. For this context, that is to say. At any other place, I'd more likely mention Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil or Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. But I figure it says quite a lot that I'm on my fourth playthrough in four months and am nowhere near tired of this game (whereas I can obviously go a fairly long time in-between KH1 revisits, while I'm pretty sure I'm never going to bother revisiting KH2 again unless I have a friend with me to help laugh at it). It ain't poifect (one could say "no game is", but I'd certainly argue the other games on this list here are! :p), but it pretty much gets it right where it mattered to me (it's a Sora Donald Goofy game through and through, pure and true, something I've always longed for since the beginning of my KH fanaticism). It indeed feels odd to rank this so highly already in its four months of existence, in contrast to other games on this list that had months upon months upon years for my feelings regarding them to fully sink in. But KH3 just feels like the kind of game made for me, that much I already can tell. I can already tell, years from now, I will never tire of exploring The Caribbean with Donald and Goofy, diving underwater searching for dark mysterious caves or exploring lush jungle islands. Or tire or bringing out a choo-choo train to finish off a rock monster. Or tire of summoning a meteor shower alongside Donald. Or tire of watching Woody tell some anime pretty boy that he's a jerk and nobody loves him. Or tire of fighting a gigantic demonic wolf. Nor tire of summoning Ariel into battle (the first time in the franchise where I feel any incentive to use Summons beyond Tinkerbell in KH1, purely because they're fun!). You catch my drift, hopefully.

Phantom

This is going to be difficult. I decided to limit it to just one game per series, to make it a little easier.

1. Jak 3
My favorite game as a kid, and my favorite game now. Really great platformer and I think the difficulty is just right in this game: not as easy as the first game but neither as hard as the second game (I did enjoy all three a lot nonetheless, and if I'm being completely honest, if Jak II didn't have so many of those awful racing missions I might've even preferred it over 3).

2. Batman: Arkham Knight
I know many consider Asylum and City better than this game, but this was the one that introduced me to the series, which makes it my favorite. I love how much stuff this game has: I'm not sure have I played any other game as much as this one.

3. Spider-Man
Another really great game with lot of stuff to do. The gameplay is really similar to Arkham series, but that's just a plus for me.

4. Kingdom Hearts II
My favorite of the KH series. I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but it feels longer than KH and KH3, and has more stuff to do postgame. Story was also great in this game.

5. Ratchet & Clank 3
It was really hard to choose between R&C2 and 3, but I have more fond memories of 3, so I ended up choosing it. Both are great games, I really love upgrading the guns and the arena missions are really fun as well. Humor and character development are also great in the first three games: shame both were really watered down during the Future trilogy and especially in the remake (both of which I still enjoyed, though).

6. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
I've put dozens of hours on this game. I usually don't like when choices affect the game's plot significantly, but I didn't mind in this game. I also like that they released free additional missions to the game.

7. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
I wasn't expecting to enjoy this game that much, but I ended up absolutely loving it. The gameplay is very, very similar to Pokemon, but with some major differences (that I won't bother to explain, though :p). Anyway, this game was really addictive: I love digivolving Digimon and it's really nice how many different digivolutions each Digimon has. I also like that you can have 11 Digimon on your team, makes choosing much easier.

Back