• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

50 years ago, 50 years from now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
Just something i felt like making. talk about anything that happened int he past half century or anything you think will happen in the next half century. i'm just wondering what everyone has to say. talk about anything, from education to war to politics to industry to science to technology.

i guess the national debt is as good a place to start as any. it's at about 8 trillion right now, anyone have anything to say on where they think it'll be at in a few years? and how did we get that huge debt in the first place, it cant all have been from the iraq war, right?

TheSephirothGene

Website
-The-Sephiroth-Gene-.bebo.com
In the next 50 or so years, apparently, the fossil fuels will have completely dimished. Then hydrogen-powered cars will become popular [Is it Honda that's already made them? Or Mercedes? Or BMW? :toungesmile:] and we'll be able to travel to the moon, courtesy of Sir Richard Branson.

Those are the facts, anyway. I think that the Globe is going to sink into serious depression for the next hundred years or so. What we need is to start a fresh.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
In the next 50 or so years, apparently, the fossil fuels will have completely dimished. Then hydrogen-powered cars will become popular [Is it Honda that's already made them? Or Mercedes? Or BMW? ] and we'll be able to travel to the moon, courtesy of Sir Richard Branson.

I remember reading an issue of Time magazine in the year 2000. It had a cover with people in a glass dome on Mars, with pets and everything. It said by the year 2004, we will all be able to live on Mars.

CK the Fat

China arises and becomes the next world superpower, because they have the resources that America and Europe have been exhausting. And they have a massive, massive pool of labor. If they were to drop communism and go full capitalist, woe to the world.

Spacewise, I don't think we'll have done much.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
In the next 50 or so years, apparently, the fossil fuels will have completely dimished.
Right....Because that hasn't been the claim for the last 150 years, and there totally isn't new sources being found everyday...

Personally, I think we'll have gay marriage, abortion on demand, and we might be lowering the age limit on statutory rape. America, at the least, will be concretely set onto a downward spiral into a welfare state, unemployment will be skyrocketing, etc. There will be caps on energy, due to the unwillingness to accept real solutions like nuclear power, and meat will slowly start being outlawed due to a broadening of the definition of "endangered" to finally include turkeys, cows, etc.

50 more years:
The Middle East will have fallen apart due to all-around bad decision making, and the instability will start tearing up Europe. Asia will eventually follow suit, as well as the US, and the world will have either anarchist or hard-core welfare states, with Antarctica and Australia being the last bastions of stability AND freedom. And that's only because the penguins and the kangaroos don't believe in welfare.

Oh! Science-wise. Umm, let's see.... Stem-cell embryonic research, human cloning, and hrmmm...Ah! Small-scale teleportation of small objects!

And Final Fantasy will finally become a legally-recognized religion with full tax breaks. Yeah.

Maybe we'll have AI. I don't know. That one's not been in the news lately.

PS - No, I am not saying that all of these are bad, so please don't start crucifying me. I'm just trying to predict current trends. It's not my fault that the world is going to shit and God apparently thinks that it's not time for the Apocalypse "yet". I was so hoping to be alive when it happened, too...

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right....Because that hasn't been the claim for the last 150 years, and there totally isn't new sources being found everyday...

Personally, I think we'll have gay marriage, abortion on demand, and we might be lowering the age limit on statutory rape. America, at the least, will be concretely set onto a downward spiral into a welfare state, unemployment will be skyrocketing, etc. There will be caps on energy, due to the unwillingness to accept real solutions like nuclear power, and meat will slowly start being outlawed due to a broadening of the definition of "endangered" to finally include turkeys, cows, etc.

50 more years:
The Middle East will have fallen apart due to all-around bad decision making, and the instability will start tearing up Europe. Asia will eventually follow suit, as well as the US, and the world will have either anarchist or hard-core welfare states, with Antarctica and Australia being the last bastions of stability AND freedom. And that's only because the penguins and the kangaroos don't believe in welfare.

Oh! Science-wise. Umm, let's see.... Stem-cell embryonic research, human cloning, and hrmmm...Ah! Small-scale teleportation of small objects!

And Final Fantasy will finally become a legally-recognized religion with full tax breaks. Yeah.

Maybe we'll have AI. I don't know. That one's not been in the news lately.

PS - No, I am not saying that all of these are bad, so please don't start crucifying me. I'm just trying to predict current trends. It's not my fault that the world is going to shit and God apparently thinks that it's not time for the Apocalypse "yet". I was so hoping to be alive when it happened, too...

i lol'ed, especially the final fantasy comment hahhah

but,

maybe whats to come IS the apocalypse, and not some big ass crack opening in the earth and demons coming out and poking people in the ass with there massive forks. perhaps it simply ends with a meh, and not with a boom, eh?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
If that's the apocalypse, then it's not the end. None of this could kill mankind as a whole.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
50 years ago I was dead and 50 years into the present I will be dead. That makes me happy ^_^

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Hopefully there will be a planar collapse so i can finally hang out with all the religous figures:)

Really, the war will be over, and another will be waged. The stock market will rise and fall. Hopefully Microsoft's kills itself and Linux becomes the new OS of choice. AMD will buy Intel, nvidia and have a monopoly control of hardware(because they rock so hard). Poverty will still exist, but at a much lesser extent and will be less.....starving, and all will be semi-right with the world. Hopefully, but I am a dreamer.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Hopefully there will be a planar collapse so i can finally hang out with all the religous figures:)

Really, the war will be over, and another will be waged. The stock market will rise and fall. Hopefully Microsoft's kills itself and Linux becomes the new OS of choice. AMD will buy Intel, nvidia and have a monopoly control of hardware(because they rock so hard). Poverty will still exist, but at a much lesser extent and will be less.....starving, and all will be semi-right with the world. Hopefully, but I am a dreamer.

lol

Being optomistic is over-rated. Pesimisim is where its at. lololol emo

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Depends.

The way I see it, robots will BEGIN to be manufactured. . . smaller, at first, but growing to where, eventually, they exist all over the planet.

Fossil Fuels will deplete slowly, but more rapidly as time goes by, where eventually it is 10 - 20 dollars per litre (Currently about 1; Also, it's the Metric System). Cars running on fossil fuels will be rare, if not gone entirely.

We'll see at least one or two more major wars, and have a few terrorist attacks against a number of nations. Terrorism will evolve, terroists themselves more intelligent, and just make life that much more difficult.

The Military will certainly evolve, along with weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc. Life on a, or "the" battlefield won't be as tough; we'll be able to fight our enemies (tying in with the New Wars and Terrorists) much, much easier, and without fear of high casulity numbers.

Seeing as it is almost 12:30 my time, I'll be hittin' the hay. I'll edit stuff in the morning, but I think that's a good "start".

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
unless the A.I. kills us all, and takes over the planet in some machine revolution

No, I hardly think at any point of history is a company gonna say "Hey, you know what would be a good time? Making billions of self-aware robots, and distributing them throughout the world".

CK the Fat

In regard to energy fuels, it will probably go like this: taxes will rise, prices will rise, until companies start investing in alternate sources (like hyrogen) and soon oil usage will be vastly decreased.

However, this only explains energy--oil is also used in making plastics, which is... a pretty important industry.

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I hardly think at any point of history is a company gonna say "Hey, you know what would be a good time? Making billions of self-aware robots, and distributing them throughout the world".

yeh i guess that makes sense

unless theyre total 'tards

but low chance so i guess not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back