• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 reasons why they shouldnt make kh after XH saga.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skykh

1; Voice actors, think about it if kh 3 take 3 or 4 years to make and kh 4 about the same time. Imagine a 30-40 year old voicing a 16 year old boy, girl. Yes they can change the voice actor but i prefer the orginal VA.

2.There arent many disney worlds i dont want play 20 times Agrabah

3. Many sidestories for handhelds etc... not enough money.

4. The gameplay will getting boring even if u added something new.

5. If kh4 come out im probaly 30 year old and all gamers for this generation and dont buy this game

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
The only reasons that you've posted that really have any substance to them are reasons three and four; the others are selfish reasons (as in, what you want, not what everyone else wants).

Firstly: new voice actors are coming forth all the time. We might have someone who will voice Sora better than Haley Joel Osment (sp?). It is a natural process for voice actors to grow out of their character's voice, and it's kind of selfish to say that you aren't going to give new and possibly better actors a chance. Also, not all voice actors want to play the same character for decades. I know I'd get bored if I were HJO, having to repeat the same friendship/heart/love malarky every two years or so.

Secondly: there was a reason Agrabah was used so much. It is originally in the first game and second game -- an 'acceptable' amount of times to use a world -- but since there are so many other games dependant on the first and second games (i.e. CoM/coded with KH, Days with II), it's kind of obvious they're going to re-use that world, especially when it has a Princess of Heart in it, therefore quite vital to the storyline. Also, they won't keep re-using Agrabah. They'll utilise other, untouched surfaces.

Thirdly: this is one I agree with. It's good to try out new consoles, play with controls and designs, but not at the expense of your customer. You'll quickly lose profit that way.

Fourthly: I kind of agree with this one. So far, Kingdom Hearts has been about Sora tracking down two evil men, both of whom are parts of Xehanort, in an attempt to stop him. But having said that, a story after Xehanort's 'saga' will probably have its own way of carrying itself. There are ten billion and one storylines they could use.

Fifthly: I think this is a kind of stupid statement to make, no offence. Of course if you're 30 you're not going to be into the same games are you are now. This series is intended for teenagers. When you're that age you aren't going to be keen on any series with this sort of feel. It's kind of like blaming time for making you age.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
1; Voice actors, think about it if kh 3 take 3 or 4 years to make and kh 4 about the same time. Imagine a 30-40 year old voicing a 16 year old boy, girl. Yes they can change the voice actor but i prefer the orginal VA.

5. If kh4 come out im probaly 30 year old and all gamers for this generation and dont buy this game

1. VAs are fine, and if they decide to change them, what's the point of complaining? Playing the same character for years would get boring so quickly, and in some cases, it's not their fault if their voices changed thus making it difficult to recreate the same voice they've used previously.

2. The worlds that have been reused so far have worked well imo, though it's safe to say that they won't return to places like Agrabah in the future, unless they decide to cover the third movie.

3. To an extent.

4. I'm hoping they keep it similar to BBS ^^

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

1. As long as the person who takes over the voice is convincing and i cant really tell the difference between this one and the former.... i am good. Even though VA help make the game there are other factors that work as well. Haley joel is about 22 and sora is still 15-16 so thats already happening.

2. There arent many disney worlds?????? There are an endless supply of disney worlds. They just have to put them in the game.

3. You dont have to buy the game...I know many who didnt buy the handhelds that have come out so far...just read about them or rent them. or watch it on youtube

4. It might get boring but...final fantasy has 13 games out and still counting...something worked.....maybe the storyline...and maybe if they used a mixture of the BBS gameplay and KH1 and 2 we would get somewhere. It never gets boring

5. When you turn 30 its all about personal choice...I know i will be playing the game when i am 30 along with my kids. Of course i will say i am buying it for them..........lies

I understand what you are saying though.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I'll give you an even better reason: The plot.
Xehanort was it. He was the yin to Sora's yang, the darkness to Sora's light, the Ganondorf to Sora's Link. Now, we find out "oh, Xehanort's only the beginning, there are other people out there who are even stronger and badder than Xehanort is!" Talk about a giant middle finger and a slap in the face.

It would be like at the end of the Star Wars movies, where the Emperor is finally killed, then, out of the blue, some random guy comes up, who claims to be even stronger and more evil than the Emperor, and takes over his spot, trying to fill his void, then another one comes, and then another one, and so on and so forth.
It gets old, very quick, and everything that was good with the original saga and games is lackluster-ed by this milked garbage.

tangerine

Awards
I'll give you an even better reason: The plot.
Xehanort was it. He was the yin to Sora's yang, the darkness to Sora's light, the Ganondorf to Sora's Link. Now, we find out "oh, Xehanort's only the beginning, there are other people out there who are even stronger and badder than Xehanort is!" Talk about a giant middle finger and a slap in the face.

It would be like at the end of the Star Wars movies, where the Emperor is finally killed, then, out of the blue, some random guy comes up, who claims to be even stronger and more evil than the Emperor, and takes over his spot, trying to fill his void, then another one comes, and then another one, and so on and so forth.
It gets old, very quick, and everything that was good with the original saga and games is lackluster-ed by this milked garbage.

It won't be an issue if the next saga will be a completely new story with new main characters, as well, in a different Kingdom Hearts universe. (Like what they do with Final Fantasy games.) I think that might be what's planned, anyway. Alternatively, maybe it'll be a story in the past or future of the current KH.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Okay this one is easy to explain. Since they are going to continue KH past KH3, i think it's obvious the reason they are reusing worlds, is because they want to reuse worlds as much as they can before they have to drop old worlds and add new olds. The reason they do that is so they don't run out of Disney Movies anytime soon.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Honestly, as much as I don't like the idea, the simple fix for number 5 is pace yourself. How much do you think you'll care for the new villain? If, by the time you see the first images, that's hardly, then just stop it there. I know you might want to know what happens in the final game, but that's what Youtube is for, hopefully.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It won't be an issue if the next saga will be a completely new story with new main characters, as well, in a different Kingdom Hearts universe. (Like what they do with Final Fantasy games.) I think that might be what's planned, anyway. Alternatively, maybe it'll be a story in the past or future of the current KH.

KH is Sora's story, it will always involve him...Which is why it's bad for the series to continue past the Xehanort Saga. Sora's story and Xehanort's story pretty much coexist.

This

Ugh, I don't think it could go on that long with the way the characters develop. Imagine Kingdom Hearts 7 where Riku or some other side character spontaniosly change personalities from the previous game just to fit nomura's mood, wich he then tries to explain in a side game but fails. I don't think he even knows what to do with any of the characters in the long term.
Really, if they don't risk an extreme change the series will devolve into a pseudo shonen-style anime game wannabe. At least that's my guess.

Oh, and do we really need a new type of enemy for EVERY MAIN GAME? By the time KH 6 or 9 or whatever what are we going to get by then? If Nomura tries to keep patterns like this he will run out of ideas and the series won't last. Even if he doesn't run out of ideas this will get lame and predictable.

Last edited:
S

SoulSilver

idk I think theres still many things we need to know about the KH universe, lets just see where nomura takes KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back