• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"5 Centimeters Per Second"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Has anyone watched "5 Centimeters Per Second" yet?

It's a really great movie. Despite being a bit short, the storyline is awesome. Makoto Shinkai, the creator, can definitly be called 'the next Miyazaki.' Oh, and if you have ever cried during an anime...you'll probably cry during this movie.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
I read about 5 Centimeters Per Second on the Anime Insider magazine 2 years ago. It's an Indie flick isn't it? With good reviews. It's got the same feels as Spirited Away without the whimsical and funny feelings, according to the article. Never seen it myself, but it's something that draws upon me to search it on Youtube. *-*

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I heard it's on par with Satoshi Kon Movies(Creator of Millennium Actress and Perfect Blue) and Hayao Miyazaki movies. Though recently, I haven't been able to find the movies I want to watch. I still need to see Nausica! I'm just waiting for my sister to get the DVD...I want to watch so badly!

Awards
It has the same feel as some of Miyazaki's works. Before watching 5 Centimeters Per Second my favorite anime movie was Spirited Away, now its the other way around lol. If you like Miyazaki's works you'll enjoy this...Haha, this is probably the best 20$ I've spent this year.

temptation

I love 5 Centimeters Per Second. The scenes are beautiful! The storyline is great too. It's one of my favorite animes. :) It did get me teary-eyed. I wish it was longer, though.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
i'ts one of my fav. anime ever... i cried! i loved the ending when its playing the theme song and at the railroad crossing, when takaki, smiles and walks away... beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back