• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► 3ds screen is probably broken... HELP?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
So... it's basically my fault to leave my 3Ds everywhere at my house, but my niece and nephew never touch anything unless they ask me, but... there's only two other children that touch anything. My two oldest nieces go to my room when I'm not there and take anything. They touch everything, iPad, laptop... and no matter how much I enforce no using my shit, I still find my stuff around the house.

Anyway, enough ranting. I was looking for my 3DS just now and I found it.... but there's something wrong. The thing is on, like you can see the blue light, but the screens are off... like literally off. No black screen like it's on, like frozen, but off. What I want to know is there a website where it shows me where I can open it and fix it myself? Like how it looks like inside. I know some of you will say it's risky, but I fixed my laptop before. Sending to nintendo will rack me up a huge bill and I don't know where else to go. Not just that, I don't know what's causing it, I had the same problem before but it was for a while and then it went back to normal.

Help?

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
That kinda sounds like what happened to my DSLite. I just whacked it a couple times and it would come back on, but it slowly got the the point that it wouldn't come on anymore. I think the problem is internal - specifically in that section that CONNECTS the 2 screens. That was the only thing wrong with my DS: the top screen no longer stood on its own.

It's just a guess, tho. And I DON'T enforce whacking it, like I did! :D

Lemme get this straight; can you see the backlights at all?

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
That kinda sounds like what happened to my DSLite. I just whacked it a couple times and it would come back on, but it slowly got the the point that it wouldn't come on anymore. I think the problem is internal - specifically in that section that CONNECTS the 2 screens. That was the only thing wrong with my DS: the top screen no longer stood on its own.

It's just a guess, tho. And I DON'T enforce whacking it, like I did! :D

Lemme get this straight; can you see the backlights at all?

Nope, it's all dark like it's off.

I finally exhausted the battery... so I'm going to see if it works if I turn it on, but if not... well... gonna have to fix it up.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
the 3ds is a pretty tightly packed machine, so you'd have to be pretty careful with it. just send it to nintendo. it's $85, but if you talk to support, you might be able to lower the price.

CloudxStrifs

Awards
your best bet is nintendo the led it self might have been damaged or it's possible it got water damage which what is happening is very common for water damage

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
To report: It seemed to worked again after I left the battery to run and die. It was on, so there wasn't a way to turn it off because of the screens. So I let it die, then once I did, I move the top screen back and forth for a while, then I closed it. I turned it back on after charging it a bit and it worked! Idk why this happens, this is the second time this happened. I'm a bit worried, but I lost the warranty already since it's been more than a year and I'm poor as hell right now...

I'll prob hide the 3DS from the kids right now, until I can get the cash to call Nintendo to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back