• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D's Battle System?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

There's been a lot of emphasis on Dream Eaters, but I'm wondering if commands return? From the trailer, it looks to be the case. I'm wondering if it's going to be as fleshed out as in BbS? I don't have a PSP, but I would love to experienced this battle system. It looks to be the best yet

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The way you use the commands in battle seems to be the same, but unlike BBS where you can customize your deck like you want I think in DDD the commands available depend on the Dream Eaters that accompany you so it can be only customized indirectly by switching Dream Eaters.

KevVentus

Hmm... that sounds a little fishy. Is that just your own theory?

I'm wondering if commands are how you gain abilities still.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was said that this time around the Dream Eaters are tied to Sora's and Riku's growth, so it's probably safe to assume they also grant abilities.

KevVentus

Interesting. I have to say the Dream Eaters are growing on me. At first they seemed really gimmicky, but now I get a Pokemon type feel... I have my eyes on the elephant.

Key to Truth

Awards
Nah, you can choose your own commands like in BBS. However, when you use Dual Link or something with your Dream Eaters, your command list changes to a preset list depending on your Dream Eater, like BBS' D-Links. Also, it seems that in the game your earn drop points you can use to unlock commands in a kind of FFX-like sphere grid.

KevVentus

Well if this is all true, this is sounding better and better by the minute

IAMSORA

ehh... im still not really liking these dream eaters. i wish the enemies didnt come in so many different and interesting forms. save that for pokemon. i dont like funny looking enemies. the shadoe, neoshadow, and darkside all show to me what a heartless should be like, and seem like hearts consumed by darkness. i can believe that when i look at a pureblood heartless. the monkey heartless in deep jungle... not so much. these dream eaters, not working for me

MinerKing

I believe there is a screenshot that has something to do with gaining abilities from leveling up your dream eaters.
full.jpg

I do not know Japanese so if anyone can tell me what that says then I would be very grateful. XD

KevVentus

that would actually make sense. in birth by sleep, leveling up commands gained abilities, so i can see the dream eaters sort of acting as a replacement

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ehh... im still not really liking these dream eaters. i wish the enemies didnt come in so many different and interesting forms. save that for pokemon. i dont like funny looking enemies. the shadoe, neoshadow, and darkside all show to me what a heartless should be like, and seem like hearts consumed by darkness. i can believe that when i look at a pureblood heartless. the monkey heartless in deep jungle... not so much. these dream eaters, not working for me

You have noooo sense of imagination, do you? If you want the same boring enemies every game, then go play KH1, CoM, and Re:coded. :\

MinerKing

I see it being very familiar to the Re:Coded leveling system, in which using your chips in a certain direction will lead you to different abilities/powerups. I am a huge fan of the leveling system in Re:Coded though so anything remotely similar is fine by me.
I like to see that there are advantages to sticking to one particular Dream Eater for a long period of time. Otherwise I would just mindlessly cycle through them.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
This might be changing the topic a bit, but since this is talking about the battle system, I felt I might as well mention it.

I am just really hoping that you get to level up Keychain stats like in Re:coded. Having to use only the latest Keychains in the game for the biggest benefit is always annoying and I'd like the selection to be more balanced so I could switch more often.

KevVentus

That's funny how you used the word "interesting" negatively. You sound like you hate fun! The way I think of it is the series is aware of its wacky enemies, and that's why it made the distinction between purebloods and emblems. In the most serious scenes, there's usually only purebloods present though.

Besides, most emblems are pretty awesome like Soldiers.

IAMSORA

You have noooo sense of imagination, do you? If you want the same boring enemies every game, then go play KH1, CoM, and Re:coded. :\

i can think a certain way about an enemy and have an imagination. im not saying there should be one type of heartless. but they should look like dark beings. a monkey heartless just isnt intimidating. i would love more different and interesting (may have contradicted what i said earlier) pureblood hearltess. and i hav no problem with the concept of dream eaters, but the designs how are hard to take seriously as enemies. not sure why u recommended those games (great ones) when i mentioned a neoshadow (my fav heartless) that didnt appear in KH1 and i dont think COM.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
not sure why u recommended those games (great ones) when i mentioned a neoshadow (my fav heartless) that didnt appear in KH1 and i dont think COM.

NeoShadows were in KH1: Final Mix and there were enemies of them in Chain of Memories, albeit in the later levels.

geist226

Website
www.vividgamer.com
To the OP: BBS's combat was boss. The sheer number of commands available (and the elemental/physical variety between them) enabled some really sweet combos. Plus, how can you go wrong with a spell called "Fission Firaga"?

If DDD is anything similar, I'll be happy. I personally really like the way Dream Eaters are shaping up to look like. DDD on the whole seems to be return to the visual style of KH1 with the animation fidelity of KH2, and I couldn't ask for more than that. Sora's KH1 model > all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back