• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

    CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

38-year old vegetable regrows his brain



REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
2,897
Age
31
Location
Up your butt and around the corner

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
1,665
Location
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
That's it. If I go into a coma, I'm telling my family not to pull the plug. At least, not unless 25 years goes by and I'm still like that.

._. Maybe some brains regenerate slower than others. Better give myself some extra time, I figure. XD
 

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
2,897
Age
31
Location
Up your butt and around the corner
it's hard to believe they'd leave him in vegatable like state for 19 years. but that is amazing that he managed to recover from something like that after so long.


Why wouldn't they,because when you go into a coma you never know what might happen I mean they're practically a 10% you can recover and judged by his age he had a good chance. Now If he was on th verge of dying like say he got shot,then that'd be the good time to pull the plug.

Katattack said:
That's it. If I go into a coma, I'm telling my family not to pull the plug. At least, not unless 25 years goes by and I'm still like that.

XD
 

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
3,592
That's it. If I go into a coma, I'm telling my family not to pull the plug. At least, not unless 25 years goes by and I'm still like that.

._. Maybe some brains regenerate slower than others. Better give myself some extra time, I figure. XD

._.

It would cost you many, many moneys for us to keep j00 alive that long. >.>

KIDDING! DDDD:

If you were in a coma, people wouldn't even know we were twins. What would I be then? What would I be?

XD

So don't get in a coma anytime soon, sistah. >.> Or I'll be mad.

XD

Anyway, that's a remarkable story. Regeneration pwns. That's so cool. His family must be way happy. Could you imagine the reaction other people have when they read this? Maybe one of them pulled the plug on one of their family members. o.o They must feel awful.
 

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
8,020
Age
34
Location
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
Why wouldn't they,because when you go into a coma you never know what might happen I mean they're practically a 10% you can recover and judged by his age he had a good chance. Now If he was on th verge of dying like say he got shot,then that'd be the good time to pull the plug.



XD
19 years just seems like a long time and adding in all the additional items that go along with having to take care of a comatose family member as well as 10% chance just seems like the odds are heavily weighed against a person. 10% may actually be a large chance but 90% seems to hold favor over it. also out of curiousity is it possible to judge a person having a good chance of waking up from a coma by their age?
 

Funky Bear

Sexy Chocolate
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
2,897
Age
31
Location
Up your butt and around the corner
19 years just seems like a long time and adding in all the additional items that go along with having to take care of a comatose family member as well as 10% chance just seems like the odds are heavily weighed against a person. 10% may actually be a large chance but 90% seems to hold favor over it. also out of curiousity is it possible to judge a person having a good chance of waking up from a coma by their age?

Are you kidding? 19 years Is nothing,that's like waiting 10 years, and his chance were pretty much adequate though as the number of years It is a person's chance are pretty against him.Though,I agree with that number of yours being In they're for 19 years It's pretty much 89% since you never know what would,ve happen had he not been they're for 20 years.

Either,then the brain really functions well,and It's a surprise It could ever recover In a mere matter of years.Though, I'm pretty sure his hospital bills shocked his parents after he woke up.If that happened to be I'd bet anything they'd probaly pull the life support on me.
 

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
8,020
Age
34
Location
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
^i'm not very aware of all the details with comas and comatose people. i was just saying for a person who has to take care of the comatose person whether it be a family member or friend it would probably seem like a long time. also wouldn't the family be aware of the bills for taking care of a comatose patient? if so then wouldn't that also lead to the perception that it's a long time or that they might need to stop life support?
 

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Messages
13,672
Awards
2
Age
34
Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Actually, the real deal his family told the doctors he was attempting to communicate after just 6 months. The doctors simply didn't want to re-evaluate.
 

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
6,797
Awards
6
Location
Australia.
If you were in a coma, you probably wouldn't notice the years go by. One day you're a fit and healthy 21 year old and the next your 40 years old and going bald. I'd rather have the plugged pulled. Makes it easier for everyone.

Interesting story. Poor Terri Schiavo.
 
E

Eclipse

Guest
heheheehehh a vegetable.unbelievable about the whole brain growin back and what not.

lolololol

not very funny. a vegetative state is not something you want to be in >.>

especially waking up from a vegetative state with 19 years of your life gone, believing Ronald Reagan is still president, and hoping to see when Rudy will get married on the Cosby's..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top