• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Not my favorite or my least favorite of the three announced games. Its for the DS. It still seems pretty awesome. Discuss here:
Another de-clutter thread by me. Mods feel free to edit as more info comes.

DISCUSS KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 ONLY HERE NOT BBS.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS:
-appears to star Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II
-looks like there is four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII.
-It will be in full 3D.

Some info by IGN:
The untold story of another hero.

Organization XIII, Number 13, Roxas

Roxas and Axel were watching the sunset from their usual spot on the station's clock tower after a long day of collecting "hearts" from the Heartless, as ordered by their organization. When their daily work ended, they often spent their evenings there. They talked about the day's work and other things over ice cream.

"Do you know why the sun looks red as it sinks below the horizon? It's because among the countless colors comprising light, red travels the greatest distance."

"You're just trying to show off, Axel!"

'It was idle chatter between two boys without hearts...

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, you will explore a variety of Disney worlds in not only single- player mode, but also in multiplayer missions made possible by the unique networking features of the Nintendo DS in an all-new and mysterious Kingdom Hearts storyline!'

1UP Preview:
OK, let's get this right out of the way: The title of the new DS-based Kingdom Hearts game, revealed today in Square Enix's TGS 2007 "closed mega theatre," doesn't make a damn lick of sense. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days? Does that mean it's 358 days divided by two? Why not just call it "174 Days"? Or does it mean 358 of something or another in the space of two days? That would almost fit, given the way Kingdom Hearts II's prologue was divided into days....

And like the opening hours of KHII, 358/2 Days focuses not on Sora and friends but instead on Sora's Heartless, Roxas. Or more specifically, it focuses on Roxas' comrades, the mysterious Organization XIII. Unlike previous KH titles, the DS iteration adds four-player coop to the mix -- so while one player will likely want to control Roxas while others take command of Axel or other Organization XIII members.

Much of the trailer seems to be set in Twilight Town, and its setting in the KH chronology is billed as "the time of the other side." Where that falls in relation to the other games' timeline is unknown, though presumably before KHII.

The gameplay was only briefly shown, but it appears to be fairly standard KH fare -- fully 3D, lots of melee- and combo-driven combat -- but the difference is that your brainless A.I. companions are now controlled by other players who, hopefully, will be somewhat less stupid. The camera seems fairly tight, low to the ground and close to the player's character, though it's tough to form definite opinions based on the split-second flashes of action we saw.

Despite the focus on the "bad guys," such as they are, 358/2 Days still seems to have its share of Disney elements -- King Mickey puts in an appearance in a gloomy forest, where he's confronted by someone in dark robes. Although the robed man's face is never shown, he lowers his hood, which causes Mickey to draw his Keyblade. Much of Organization XIII's stark white headquarters is shown as well, including a scene of tension where a new character -- apparently a young girl, though her face is never revealed -- is introduced, to Sora's dismay.

No release date was given for the DS version of Kingdom Hearts, but hopefully Square Enix will take its time and polish up the multiplayer. Assuming the co-op play works out, it could easily add a new and welcome dimension to the series.

Joystiq Impressions:
"Three new Kingdom Hearts titles were shown in Square Enix's private theater at this year's Tokyo Game Show. In addition to incredibly silly titles, the games all shared one thing in common: they will set new technical benchmarks on the platforms that they arrive on.

"First up is Kingdom Hearts Coded, a unique reinterpretation of the original Kingdom Hearts game. The trailer begins with an ominous message that leads Jiminy Cricket in a frantic race to Mickey Mouse, to send Sora through a digitally recreated version of the original Kingdom Hearts. In Coded, players will be able to enter a "Debug Mode" which allows players to alter the world around them. In one sequence, we saw Sora gain the ability to run through objects, such as blocks. What he ran through would then explode, reinforcing the notion that Sora can have dominion of his world: it's like playing a Kingdom Hearts fanfic written by a hardcore aficionado of The Matrix. Of course, as cool as this may sound, chances are you'll never play it. It's frustratingly yet another one of the countless cell phone games that Square Enix has in development.

"The other games showcased will certainly be more relevant to the Joystiq reader. "The time of the other side ... " the trailer begins. This will be Roxas' adventure, following the trials of Organization XIII. The battle system resembles the one featured in the past two console games, but there's a few new twists. Members of Organization XIII are aerially gifted, being able to float away at a whim. They also work together: we saw a four player co-operative mode on display which looks quite fun. Amazingly, the game manages to maintain visuals that are strikingly similar to the PS2 originals, albeit a bit more pixelated. Oh, and did we mention that this is on the Nintendo DS? Oh, and did we mention the title: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. Certainly not the catchiest of titles. But, that wasn't the end of Kingdom Hearts games revealed today."

Last edited by a moderator:

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
Re: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Discussion

i'm actually somewhat excited about this game, even though i want BBS more.

khloser4life

im excited to see the 14th member and play as the organization (Axel pwns).

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Meh, not looking forward as much to this as I am to BBS, but it's still better than Coded. I'm eager to play as the Org. and see more character development...

Athel

Machinist

im looking forward to to it cuz i might get to play as larxene, vexan or marluxia

no...we'll only get to play as Roxas, Axel, Saix, or Xigbar

and i personally am very excited about this. not as much as BBS though

D

Deleted member 36435

Yep, only those four Org. Members.

khloser4life

is it just me or does anybody else think that playing with xigbar will be like playing a version of wisdom form without the quckrun? if it is that would suck.

D

Deleted member 36435

Some people are more of the Organization fans then they are for the BBS people, I want to play BBS the most because my PSP is lonely. If it wasn't for that I would be all over 358/2 days.

Athel

Machinist

and the team gameplay will be very balanced, cuz:

roxas and saix - close range
axel and xigbar - long range

khloser4life

it could be just after roxas joined so just before sora and riku killed the other members, and how long was it from when roxas joined and when sora and riku got to castle oblivion

what is coded about?

king mickey digitizes jimminy's journal and goes inside to see who wrote the cryptic message.

I

The Show Must Go On

...I think I just came at the thought of Axel displaying his intelligence.

Damn, now I really need to get a DS. I must see that scene.

D

Deleted member 36435

monkey, said he might get a contest to give them out to a few members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back