• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days Welcomes Riku into Playability.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

I had originally posted this in another thread, but I felt it would get more exposure and discussion if I made my own thread about it. So here we go.
- - -​

Nomura said that there were four scenario/stories he had left to tell:
-The Story about Xehanort's Memories (Birth By Sleep)
-The Story about Mickey's Absence in the Dark Realm (Coded)
-The Story about Roxas' Time in the Organization (358/2 Days)
-The Story about Riku's absence and time with DiZ inbetween CoM and KH2.

Presently there are 4 main untold stories to consider: “The period of the King’s absence”, “The period of Riku’s absence”, “Roxas’ time in Organization XIII” and “Xehanort’s past”. In this case, the story of “The period of the King’s absence” is set in the realm of Darkness. I am examining a way to tell these 4 stories, so I might be able to find a way to tell them soon.

Nomura also noted in another interview that he was really interested in making a game focusing on Riku's time with DiZ and he was hoping to make him playable. He says this in the same breath of wanting to do a game about Roxas in the Organization.

TN: [...] Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.

Now, 358/2 Days takes place from when Sora stabbed himself with the Keyblade and created Roxas, up until the time that Riku defeats Roxas and he and DiZ put him into the Data world.

That is roughly 358 Days (A year is 365 days long. We know there is a year from CoM until KH2. 365 - 7 Days as Roxas in KH2 = 358). Follow me so far? So basically it is about the time before KH2, and a little bit during KH1 and CoM. 358 Days.

Now let's address the game's title, shall we. 358/2 Days. I've already told you what the 358 stands for, the amount of Days that the story/game will take place over. But what about the 2? When you think about it, would 358/2 Days = 179 days? Wrong!

Nomura has said that the game's title is actually pronounced 358 Days/2. I'm sure you're now saying "So what, all that did was move the '/2' around". But that is the exact point. Let's look at the '/2' shall we?

With the new placement of the '/2' it no longer simply means 179 Days. It means 358 Days over 2. But now you may ask, "Over two what?"
Ah, there you go... "Over two what?".

I think you can understand where i'm going with this.

358 Days over two stories!

Yes, that's right. One story is Roxas' and the other is Riku.

Of course you're probably saying "that can't be right?!". Well, why not? Nomura has said specifically that we won't understand the meaning of the title until we beat the game. Finishing Riku's story, I think it would be clear the title, as I have so evidently pointed out.

I know some of you may still be skeptical but let's look at it this way. We have this game that takes place over a period of 358 days. Nomura has said that he wanted to make a story about Roxas that takes place within these 358 days. We all know that. Now he also said that he wanted to make a game that stars Riku and describes the story of his absence. And, guess what, Riku's absence takes place over the same 358 Days. So, why would he waste the opportunity? If he was planing on giving Riku his own game, he would have announced it at the same time as these three games. But that's the thing, to answer Riku's story, he is using the same game as Roxas' story because they take place over the same time period. So now I ask you, does it seem so illogical that 358/2 Days will offer two stories?

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
When you put it that way, it seems kinda obvious that Riku will be playable.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
well, seeing how the DS is the GBA's match, it makes sense they'd do something like this. Sort of Reverse/Rebirth in CoM.
I so would be so thrilled if this would happen, and make me oh so much happier I ended up getting the DS before the PSP (especially since Days is likely to come out before BBS which would also means we just might get it state-side (if at all) earlier)

Memorie

The way you put it makes the most logical sense. If it's true, it will make the game more interesting, so its not just a game about Roxas.

=)

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Well, why not, I guess it makes sense.

But, 358/2 days, isn't it pronounced Three Five Eight over Two ? I think it was confirmed, and so, 358 wouldn't be there to signify one year, imo...

A

Audo

But, 358/2 days, isn't it pronounced Three Five Eight over Two ? I think it was confirmed, and so, 358 wouldn't be there to signify one year, imo...
I believe Nomura was just speaking it out phonetically.
Because really.
One year - the seven days of Roxas in KH2 = 358.
That has to be more than just a coincidence.

O

Organiztion14

Because really.

Hey since your talking about that, could you look at my post it's simular to BBS memories..........Tell me what you think?

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I thought the correct pronunciation was Three Five Eight Days Over Two, which would give Riku-Keyblade's theory more credibility. Like he said: 358 days, over two stories. That's a pretty good theory Riku-Keyblade. I'm impressed!

But that would mean that the final boss battle for Roxas and the final boss battle for Riku would be the same one, right? How surreal would that be if we got to play the battle from both sides, depending on which story we were playing?

Raiko

Come break me down
now this is something interesting to look at.that makes perfect sense. well done Riku. so you think that 358/2 days has a R/R? if riku has his own story, what worlds will he be in then?castle oblivion is the only place that i could think of .

Last edited:
A

Audo

Hey since your talking about that, could you look at my post it's simular to BBS memories..........Tell me what you think?
I did.

I thought the correct pronunciation was Three Five Eight Days Over Two, which would give Riku-Keyblade's theory more credibility. Like he said: 358 days, over two stories.
I was about to yell at Organization14 for double posting, because i thought you guys were the same person for a second. XD.

That's a pretty good theory Riku-Keyblade. I'm impressed!
lol. Well it was bound to happen eventually.

But that would mean that the final boss battle for Roxas and the final boss battle for Riku would be the same one, right? How surreal would that be if we got to play the battle from both sides, depending on which story we were playing?
I know it's interesting isn't it? But the point is, in that battle, there is a spot where Roxas wins, and there is a spot where Riku wins so they could easily split it up.

now this is something interesting to look at.that makes perfect sense. well done Riku. so you think that 358/2 days has a R/R? ifriku has his own story, what worlds will he be in then?castle oblivion is the only place that i could think of .
Mhm. Well, that's the thing, we don't know anything about Riku's absence which makes it one of the most interesting stories. But i'd assume that we would see him in a lot of the same worlds as he moved around doing what DiZ wanted. Perhaps even spying on the Organization?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One thing I certainly would like to have explained, amongst other things, is exactly how much he forgot of Sora - because despite everything he still did what he did for Sora, and even if you say Namine completely took apart the Memories of Sora after Roxas was brought in, the manga still shows them looking after Sora. Despite how people don't count it as canon, I still hope we'll get to see more in the matter.

You know, that could be quiet possible, you explained it very well, but I still don´t hope that we´ll play Riku, I already had to play CoM with that dude, would be more interesting to play Axel´s & Namine´s story or Numero 14

A

Audo

One thing I certainly would like to have explained, amongst other things, is exactly how much he forgot of Sora - because despite everything he still did what he did for Sora, and even if you say Namine completely took apart the Memories of Sora after Roxas was brought in, the manga still shows them looking after Sora. Despite how people don't count it as canon, I still hope we'll get to see more in the matter.
If Riku is the second story, I could see that going into more detail. We may even get some great scenes between Riku and Nami =3

You know, that could be quiet possible, you explained it very well, but I still don´t hope that we´ll play Riku, I already had to play CoM with that dude, would be more interesting to play Axel´s & Namine´s story or Numero 14
All Nami did was sit in her room drawing pictures =/
And Axel was with Roxas 24/7 like the drug addict that he is.
I don't think their stories would be as interesting.
As for XIV... I don't know, I had thought of that before, but I think, given the evidence, it would make more sense for it to be Riku than her. Not to mention that if Aqua is the XIVth member, than we had already played as her a lot during BBS. But let's not get into that =/

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Because really.

I agree that it has to be more than just a coincidence. But it could also be made to make us think that, Nomura said that we wouldn't find out what it means before finishing the game. Now, while your theory is possible, well... You found it. Logically we shouldn't be able to figure what it means.

I also am worrying of the quality of the game in that case, in the sense that two scenario on one DS cartridge is maybe too much.
From what we know, the game will have 13/14 playable character, voice acting, a story mode, a versus mode, all of this with graphics honoring the DS. Adding a Riku scenario on that cartridge makes me fear that they'd have to short Roxas's scenario or something like that... :/

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If Riku is the second story, I could see that going into more detail. We may even get some great scenes between Riku and Nami =3

Talk about a SoRiNami fan's wet dream ;-;

I also am worrying of the quality of the game in that case, in the sense that two scenario on one DS cartridge is maybe too much.
From what we know, the game will have 13/14 playable character, voice acting, a story mode, a versus mode, all of this with graphics honoring the DS. Adding a Riku scenario on that cartridge makes me fear that they'd have to short Roxas's scenario or something like that... :/

To begin with playing all the organization sounded odd. I've heard that you 'only' get to play Xigbar, Saix, Axel and Roxas on the multiplayer mode. That made much more sense to me, otherwise the multiplayer alone would make sure the story had very little space left in the game.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
To begin with playing all the organization sounded odd. I've heard that you 'only' get to play Xigbar, Saix, Axel and Roxas on the multiplayer mode. That made much more sense to me, otherwise the multiplayer alone would make sure the story had very little space left in the game.

It has been confirmed that the 13 members are playable in multi player mode.

Raiko

Come break me down
Talk about a SoRiNami fan's wet dream ;-;

wait i thought that you could choose whoever you want.from members I-XIII (XIV i dont know if XIV is playable)where did you hear that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back