• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days, saddest KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
It would have been sadder if Roxas had never used that lame line. ''-_-
There always has to be something ruining the moment.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Wow it actually is sad. Now I fully understand what Saïx meant by "Which would you rather suffer the loss of: Some make-believe friendship, or a real one?" It sounded cold and cruel at first but actually he cares about something else he had. He really meant:

The friendship between Roxas, Xion, and Axel or Lea and Isa.

xhavenx

yeah i do think Days was the saddest kingdom hearts. the whole game gave a depressing vibe. the repetitive scenery/jobs/icecream gave everything a meaning and when those things got taken away, it made it sad. so yeah i agree that Days was the saddest kingdom hearts... to date [what about BBS??]

Kenpachi

I'm new and have been playing the games since they came out, so here's what i think:

Reason why i think that Xion is still around.

1. On the back on days' case it says:
What Mattered the most was remembered the Least
it might mean that Life mattered the most but was Remembered the least.

2. Xion never really 'Died' as She was able to (through Roxas) throw the oblivion to Riku and begged him to stop Roxas from fighting Xemnas cause it would make it so Sora would never awaken.

3. Beginning Kingdom hearts II cutscene showed a shell being washed away, That would have been Xion Vanishing.

4. Because Roxas merged with Sora, Xion also did, which means that Xion was present when Xemnas was defeated.

5. And memories of Xion are not Truly gone, they are in fact deep in Sora's Memories.

In all, i think we are getting more Questions than Answers.

Back on topic.

Days(music and story wise) is the first thing in 8 or 9 years that actually made me cry.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I'm new and have been playing the games since they came out, so here's what i think:

Reason why i think that Xion is still around.

1. On the back on days' case it says: it might mean that Life mattered the most but was Remembered the least.

In Japanese, this was different. So it doesn't really matter, just there to sound cool.

2. Xion never really 'Died' as She was able to (through Roxas) throw the oblivion to Riku and begged him to stop Roxas from fighting Xemnas cause it would make it so Sora would never awaken.

Riku was already there to pick him up, really.

She just told Riku to stop Roxas.

In a way, she's telling Riku what Riku is told to do by DiZ anyway.

3. Beginning Kingdom hearts II cutscene showed a shell being washed away, That would have been Xion Vanishing.

As Smile once told me: The scriptwriters wanted to put a seashell. So they put a seashell. And I'll sooner relate that to Namine and the removal of the fake memories, since Xion and Kairi are not linked, at least not intimately.

4. Because Roxas merged with Sora, Xion also did, which means that Xion was present when Xemnas was defeated.

Xion was literally not exactly real.

She was just memories of Sora, which were returned on her demise

So in other words, she just went back to where she had always been. In other words, if you want to consider that, then Xion would have been inside Sora while he was going up Castle Oblivion, which makes no sense.

5. And memories of Xion are not Truly gone, they are in fact deep in Sora's Memories.

This we might see, though. Hopefully. One day. Maybe. Probably not. Unless Xion manages to hijack Sora's mind and play her memories or something.

Kenpachi

Quote:
Riku was already there to pick him up, really.

Spoilers
She just told Riku to stop Roxas.

In a way, she's telling Riku what Riku is told to do by DiZ anyway.
Thats saying the same thing. but i Agree.

----------------------------

Quote:
As Smile once told me: The scriptwriters wanted to put a seashell. So they put a seashell. And I'll sooner relate that to Namine and the removal of the fake memories, since Xion and Kairi are not linked, at least not intimately.
Well when playing days, look at the seashell that Xion leaves behind when he goes into Roxas. then look at the Shell that gets washed away. it's the Same thing.

And Xion and Kairi are pretty much the same, as they both like seashells(Kairi's charm is made of seashell) and when Xion was created from Sora's memory, Kairi was the strongest memory that Sora had, which is results in Xion being a girl and looking like Kairi in Roxas' eyes and Namine in Axel's eyes.

That whole thing just brings up too many questions.

-------

. Because Roxas merged with Sora, Xion also did, which means that Xion was present when Xemnas was defeated.
Xion was literally not exactly real.

Spoilers
She was just memories of Sora, which were returned on her demise

So in other words, she just went back to where she had always been. In other words, if you want to consider that, then Xion would have been inside Sora while he was going up Castle Oblivion, which makes no sense.
I wansn't inplying that Xion was with Sora alreday, but when Roxas absorbed her, he gained her keyblade, which resulted into him having the Oblivion. And since she is still alive but in Roxas, when Roxas merged with Sora, you could say that She's still there.

And it is possible that she might return, as they never said that she was a one-time Person.

All in All, All that Days did is brought out more Questions and Answers.

would you argee?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I cried in KH1 when Kairi shed a tear in their seret place after seeing the drawing :'(

Really? o.o

Tears started streaming at the ACTUAL end, where Axel found the 'Winner' stick Roxas had left for him, and then i burst out in tears when Roxas was seen being sent to Twilight Town and he said something like

"Only 7 days later, and my summer vacation was over"

That's the part where i felt like i wanted to die, because this is when we think about how he fades away in KH2 and becomes part of Sora :( common people, admit this was an emotional part of the story!

For some reason, that part got to me as well the most. It was really well articulated and symbolic throughout. With how much Roxas wanted to give Axel the Winner Stick he had (well, he certainly said it in his diary entries enough), but either kept forgetting, or held himself because he thought it wouldn't be fair for Xion. When he finally gets it, the Winner Stick is suppose to give you another free bar...who's Axel going to eat it with? Then it all cuts to the end, where you see Roxas running, excited to go to the beach with his "friends" as the music starts and it pans around to the clock tower as the screen turns black. Then, naturally, the quote. It kind of gave you an "aw, shat, here we go".

Xion was predictable to me. The magazine technically even spoiled it from the first go: "brave, but tragic fate". Imbeciles. Nobody remembering her didn't affect me either considering it kept coming back to Nomura covering that ass pull so it wouldn't interfere, and it just got me angry instead. For the actual death....

I kind of blinked, and stared.

Then looked at the time, and sort of held off for a minute or so.

And she's still fucking talking.

I swear to God. What's with characters taking too long in anime and video games?

The same thing went through my mind when Axel was "dying" (quote, cause, come on. Who wants to bet we'll see him in the sequel? Huuuuh?) after I found him sacrificing himself for Dusks when Sora just fought 1,000 Heartless kind of lackluster. But he was too hot to turn away from D:.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
The saddest thing though I find, was not the part where Xion died or whatever, or when they didn't remember her. Tears started streaming at the ACTUAL end, where Axel found the 'Winner' stick Roxas had left for him, and then i burst out in tears when Roxas was seen being sent to Twilight Town and he said something like

That's the part where i felt like i wanted to die, because this is when we think about how he fades away in KH2 and becomes part of Sora :( common people, admit this was an emotional part of the story!

I also hate how Roxas and Axel left eachother on a sour note, which had me upset for at least a week, all because of Xion..

Yeah, that popsicle stick moment got me too.:cry: I'm a fan of the Roxas/Axel friendship so naturally that was one of my soft spots. I didn't actually feel sad until Roxas said,"But who am I going to have Ice Cream with?" I felt sadder for Roxas than I did Xion :/. I'm ok with her going away, it had to be done...it was just sad that Roxas had to be one to do it.

NumberVIII

I cried in KH1 when Kairi shed a tear in their seret place after seeing the drawing :'(

But though that made me cry, Days made me howl. Me and my friend played it together, and after the credits had finished, we were still crying :( it was really hard to stop.

The saddest thing though I find, was not the part where Xion died or whatever, or when they didn't remember her. Tears started streaming at the ACTUAL end, where Axel found the 'Winner' stick Roxas had left for him, and then i burst out in tears when Roxas was seen being sent to Twilight Town and he said something like

I also hate how Roxas and Axel left eachother on a sour note, which had me upset for at least a week, all because of Xion..

Yes. This.

I sobbed at the end of days. But not at all because of Xion. I cried for Axel.

I cried because Roxas got angry at him and wouldn't believe him when he was just telling the truth. I cried because Roxas left, and on such a sour note, and Axel didn't want him to go. (You know. "That's not true...I would.") I cried when Axel found the WINNER stick and, like someone else said, who was he gonna share it with? I cried at the end, when Riku beat Roxas, and then you see him in the virtual twilight town, and he says the above quote, because at that point he has essentially forgotten entirely about Axel's existence. I cried because Axel is now left without his best friend, who not only left him but FORGOT about him, and he's left to spend the entirety of kh2 trying to get him back, before sacrificing himself to protect him.

If you think about it, Axel's story is pretty damn sad.

Axens

Banned
I cried due to the fact the Roxas got caught :( I played KH2 and knew that his life was soon to be "over" in a few days. I wanted him to have his own existence for a little while longer. Its like playing Crisis Core when you know what happens to the protagonist while playing :(

Kyarah

I do think Days is the saddest KH game yet. I felt really bad for Naminé in CoM, because Sora chose to turn back to what he was before entering Castle Oblivion. But I didn't cry.

What made me cry was that the relationship between Axel, Roxas and Xion was destroyed. I started to sob when I fought Xion, knowing her end was near. I didn't want to fight against her. If Days were a movie, I would have stared at the screen in horror. But I really cried when Xion faded, and even more when Axel asks himself "How did this happen?"

I cried because their friendship was destroyed, and because nothing would ever bring it back. Because Roxas would forget everything that made him Roxas in that game. Because Axel was left all alone and bitter. And we all know he died before he could have Roxas back with him. He spend all KH2 looking for a way to bring Roxas back, after all, because he felt lonely. (If we suppose he grew a heart with the time spent with Roxas and Xion. He was really caring for both of them.)

Everything would have been so different if Xion talked to them, if Axel told the truth about Xion to Roxas, instead of always trying to protect him. Roxas was over-sheltered in Days. Both Xion and Axel wanted to protect him - he is what brought them together, so I guess that is why.

I like the trio Axel/Roxas/Xion. Maybe just as much as I like the trio Sora/Kairi/Riku.

Oh, and the music... Heartbreaking. Xion's theme, and then Sanctuary... :cry: It was too much for me.

I didn't laugh at "Who will I eat ice cream with?" the first time, because I knew how symbolic it was. Eating ice cream was their daily routine, and the only time of the day they were all together. Eating ice cream by himself always made Roxas feel depressed, so...

But now, when I watch "Tears"... I can't help but smile at this line.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, I feel really bad for Xion, Roxas, and Axel. I really hate how Saix treated Xion. How Roxas couldn't remember Xion after he defeated her at first. But, it was pretty sad, especially seeing Xion fading away in the memory with Roxas and Axel, when Diz showed up and was talking to Riku.

αsiя

space coke
I liked the "who am i gonna have ice cream with" line
I like selfish people

Kyarah

Oh, and the ice cream line? That annoyed me. When he said that I was like "Uh...what about Axel? -.-"

I think he was too busy panicking over her friend dying in her arms to think about no VIII.

Smile said:
Blame the "translation". In the Japanese it was "let's have ice cream together again, all three of us."

To me, it sounds weird, too optimistic and out of place. She is DYING there... A question sounds more desperate than an assertion. But it could have been a question including the presence of Axel with them.

Just my opinion, though.

bluefroggygirl

i think days is super sad because of the friendship Roxas Axel and Xion started off with, and then how it just died. And like, literally all three of them are dead and won't be able to have ice cream on the clock tower ever again. That's what i felt most sad about in days. then of course Xion dying was super sad because i loved Xion D:

But I think that BBS will be ten times more sad, especially seeing the ending of the winter trailer ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back