• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 days remind you of dissidia?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i know this might sound lame, but i'm a bit worried about it.

the game has multiplayer, you can play as organization XIII, including XIon, and apparently donald, goofy, and sora. and a rumor about riku. (is mickey confirmed playable? i forgot, i think he was)

anyways, there seems to be multiplayer games that seem to appear really promosing, but its actually the story that worries me.

someone told me the story will be less than 20 hours long, so this reminds me of Dissidia.

where the explanation of the game might end up being something simple and that the story wont be so long to explain or give suspense. Do you believe 358/2 days might not be as promising as the plot more than the multiplayer, just like Dissidia?

EDIT: Also, this website ( HEARTSTATION.ORG - holding the future of KINGDOM HEARTS) indicates that nomura is saying that, he thinks as 358/2 days as a spin off, but doesnt exactly fit. so the game might not exactly need to have a lot of detail to explain the story, or not enough plotting in the game to be canon. of course this little bit of information might be a bit over the top, but still....

this worries me. what about you guys?

Silent hero_

Awards
It is confirmed that the story will take 25-30 hours. And I'm sure it will be a lot of details, especially about Xion. So I think you don't have to worry.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It is confirmed that the story will take 25-30 hours. And I'm sure it will be a lot of details, especially about Xion. So I think you don't have to worry.

yes, but the problem is, the story feels short. especially onhow they will work out Xion's existence. for all we know, ti could've been something so simple that everyone thought but was afraid of it being wrong.

of course there's the statement of tetsuya nomura saying that 358/2 days has the rank of a spin off

xgnarmanx

yes, but the problem is, the story feels short. especially onhow they will work out Xion's existence. for all we know, ti could've been something so simple that everyone thought but was afraid of it being wrong.

of course there's the statement of tetsuya nomura saying that 358/2 days has the rank of a spin off

you know kh 1 an 2 were like 24 hours of gameplay storyline wise right? It won't be to short and dissdia reminds me nothing of days and dissdia isn't meant really for a story game i just goes threw the basics of what went down in the ff game its meant to be a straight up fighting game like super smash bros brawl. days actually has more of a rpg feel to it.

EDIT: and yesterday Days got a review of 9/9/9/9 so i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Nintendo Everything - Our second language is Nintendo++ Blog Archive Famitsu review scores - First Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days score

xtec

um its not confirmed that you can play as sora where the hell did you hear all this? even tho you can see donald and goofy in multiplayer mode BUT not sora

khconcept

Oo King of Souls oO
umm actually if you read heartstation.org it says that the heart collection guide only includes information for organization XIII and donald
but riku might've been a mistyped thing wich means riku might not be playable and sora was neve rin multiplayer and goofy isnt gonna be in days
which sucks cus i was hoping for riku

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Not really, it needs more people. Mickey and VAT, a couple more people.
You can play as Sora? Since when.
You can't. We already have Roxas and Xion. Sora would just be the same :v

Xango99

are we sure that the game story will be 25 to 30 hours? that seems like an Exagerration to me >_> Kh2 was around 25 to 30 hours story alone...and I doubt that this DS game is as long as kh2....Ofcourse I am only counting the story mode alone. Seems like the translation is an exagerratin, but HOPEFULLT I am wrong.......

besides, what is the avergae lenght of most DS game? does anyone know? how long was story mode for ff4. ff3 and world ends with you????

Shadowlight

'Cept the game has been confirmed to be fairly shortish if you just go by in story mode and do no side missions.
I assume it'll be like Crisis Core, side missions that mean nothing and some that give you small bits of interesting info or trigger different missions.

xgnarmanx

are we sure that the game story will be 25 to 30 hours? that seems like an Exagerration to me >_> Kh2 was around 25 to 30 hours story alone...and I doubt that this DS game is as long as kh2....Ofcourse I am only counting the story mode alone. Seems like the translation is an exagerratin, but HOPEFULLT I am wrong.......

besides, what is the avergae lenght of most DS game? does anyone know? how long was story mode for ff4. ff3 and world ends with you????

It could be... but Days story will be explained fully if ds did'nt have enough room they could just make 2 game cartridges like how ff7 an 8 had more then one disk.
even if the story isn't super long im pretty sure we are getting a good game

Xango99

it seems to contradict what Nomura says..the site says that the game is 25-30 hours BUT Nomura says in the interview that the story will not be too long, but the mission will make it feel long......

so.....which one to believe? I remember whan kh2 was almost release, the company bragged on how the game was almost 2 ps2 disk's long >_>

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
At least 358/2 Days has a plot, Dissidia was a joke and excuse to make a PvP arcade style fighting game while cashing in on FF characters. Days sounds more like Zelda Four Swords, which was incredibly fun, the more people playing, the better. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

I think someone mentioned it, but I think Birth by Sleep looks more like Dissidia (maybe it's the PSP bias?), especially as far as battle style goes. However since BBS doesn't have multiplayer fighting as far as we know, it looks more entertaining. Maybe that was the surreal thing about Dissidia, normally in FF games you don't have complete run around control like in KH games, but since you can it feels strange.

The Famitsu report mentions the game being 35-30 hours long, I'm assuming thats based on the gameplays the reviewers experienced.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

You can't use FF4 and FF3 as examples. Those games were remakes so they could only be as long as the original which was on a different system

Here is what I remember Nomura saying. You can play through the main story line and finish it in about 20-30 hours, but there are optional and bonus missions which can add an extra 3-5 hours to the game.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's written by the fellow who wrote CoM. It's going to have a good story. It seems like the game is longer then CoM, and it's story was great. Don't worry about it. It's going to be shorter than KHII. But, in all honesty, KHII's plot was one of the worst parts of the game--which proves you don't need a long game to have a good plot.

Famitsu (I think) gave the game 9's all around. It has to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back